Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I have been using the Ambit screen for a few days, and no doubt about it, it is much better than the stock screen (IMHO). It stays in place (although I did poke it out of place once with the top part of the oven when I didn’t center the lid when closing).
I like the ddave screen better than the Ambit one because it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often, but when I do take it out to clean, it loses its shape a bit and is a little cumbersome to get back in.

@VIVANT VAPE - I think that design could be great - the bezel around the mesh could solve the malleability issue.

I think it's a great little vape for the money. I bet you will like it.

Just don't compare it to a $300 vape.

💯 agree.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have been using the Ambit screen for a few days, and no doubt about it, it is much better than the stock screen (IMHO). It stays in place (although I did poke it out of place once with the top part of the oven when I didn’t center the lid when closing).
I like the ddave screen better than the Ambit one because it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often, but when I do take it out to clean, it loses its shape a bit and is a little cumbersome to get back in.

@VIVANT VAPE - I think that design could be great - the bezel around the mesh could solve the malleability issue.

💯 agree.

Did you notice any less airflow with the Ambit screen versus the normal mesh screen? Thanks

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: GetLeft

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Did you notice any less airflow with the Ambit screen versus the normal mesh screen? Thanks
A little bit. The herb seems to stick to the Ambit screen more than the mesh one. It’s not a huge difference in air flow as long as you are okay with cleaning the Ambit screen more often.

Oh and the @DDave screen works just as well in the Ambit as it does in the Vleaf Go. I am keeping one in there permanently.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just don't compare it to a $300 vape.
I compare it to $150-250 vapes all the time! (see signature) and I find I'll reach for it just as often as any one of them.
Quality of materials is a big difference; holding Go vs Grasshopper you can clearly feel the difference but sometimes the little 'pros' stand in favor of this Go thing. A Grasshopper will easily out-run a Go for big bong hits, but my lungs don't want those anymore (well they do, but they complain so much...). So, for casually having a few tokes, the Go is more efficient than a Mighty, has an easier draw than hopper or Mighty, temp settings I can actually see, and control system that lets me modulate like a Milaana.
So nice to have choices; now it's supply that may become an issue, starting to feel a corona crunch...

thunderstealer1337

its cool for a sub $100 vape, super portable, gets super hot

wins in portability, like load it and hit it right before heading out da door, instead of having to fumble around with a torch, heat up cool down etc.....

taste is ok, still trying to figure out best way to load the bowl.

Thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: OF!

Baron23

Hey, we are optimizing the problems. About the problem of the screen falling out, we plan to use the same mesh in the mouthpiece of our AMBIT like the photo shows. If someone also has ambit, could you please try it and let us know if it works? Thank you!
View attachment 773
Hopefully that mesh fits well. After the first two or three times the ring/mesh stuck to the oven, I took them off and replaced them with a DDave Ti screen that fits in the end of the silicon air tube just as you show above using the Ambit mesh.

Seems to work well and and has not fallen off at all. So, i think your approach may well be a good solution (but do put some extras in the kit with the vape, yeah?).

Question, two issues with the documentation came up during testing; 1) the instructions on how to change temps is not completely accurate. Instead of just two clicks to change temp, it was two clicks to enter temp change mode THEN subsequent two click would cycle thru the three temp levels and; 2) no documentation on how to get into and out of "stealth" mode.

By the by, I did get another Go to give to a younger friend of mine who I helped transition from smoking to vaping....and he loves it.

Cheers

RustyOldNail

Just received mine today. Leaving it stock for now as I do when I test any new product. I’m being conscious of lining up cap before reattaching, to avoid stock screen falling out. Only two bowls in, no issue yet, but days will tell.

Surprisingly good taste at lower temp settings.
I’ll leave the silicone cover on all the time, helps make a better seal on my 14mm female glass.

Still adapting to this TINY bowl. Obviously much smaller then my Mighty bowl, but it’s easy to see that convection works if you scale it properly to the portable battery source. The Mighty bowl can be larger, as there are two 18650 batteries to heat up that bowl in approximately 1:30. Instant or on demand is the toughest challenge especially if you design small. I believe they did a good job juggling all these factors in a small form factor. This of course limits the bowl size, which for small doses is fine. The biggest hit, is short battery life. At home, I’ll just plug it in after every session.

The Vleaf, I like being able to “on demand”, and hit at my leisure, but the good hits don’t last long, as now the tiny bowl size dictates a refill. On the Mighty, with its “hybrid” system, the only way to stop and start, is to dump my capsule out and turn the unit off, and continue later. This only works if you don’t mind dealing with the capsule system.

Currently, the only portable true convection vapes I use are SplinterZ, Stempod OG V1. Same relationship of overall size, bowl/load size, and power. So those two devices are larger physically, hold larger loads, and require larger battery capacity.

As some have noted, for $55 delivered, it’s almost a throw away, depending on your personal finances, but most here obviously own many vape devices, probably all more expensive then this one. So with a non replaceable battery, that will most likely dictate its life, unless of course someone figures out how to DIY a new battery.

Overall, two bowls in, I would recommend this device. While giving feedback here to the manufacturer is always recommended, don’t be disappointed if you don’t see improvements in this model. Eleaf being a parent company here, normally adds improvements to the next model. This I know from the ECig world where Eleaf is a major player and I’ve purchased many of their products. Most are very good, and the occasional dud. They do however like to innovate and upgrade.

Now back to testing in the name of SCIENCE......

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
still trying to figure out best way to load the bowl.
I have gotten in the habit of dipping the tip of it into my Chico of ground herb, tapping it once or twice with it's tail on my vape station to settle the load, and tamping the load slightly with an unsharpened pencil (perfect size). Works very well for me. When out I still tend to dip it into a Chico but need to use a short tablet stylus to tamp it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
still trying to figure out best way to load the bowl.
I do like @CybrGuy, scooping from the grinder (or whatever) using the built-in scoop. But I tamp lightly using the rounded side of the pointed end of the cap, since it's right handy there in my hand.
I’m being conscious of lining up cap before reattaching, to avoid stock screen falling out.
That's good practice in any case.
Also be mindful that the slide-on screen can loosen and slip off anytime the cap is removed. Or (as I have read here?) it can get resin stuck to the rim of the chamber, but at least then it's less likely to get lost! Nice of them to include a spare. I went with a set from dDave. It will be interesting to see the Vivant solution, assuming there will be one.

vapviking,

thunderstealer1337

ive prolly gone through 20 bowls, i dont have this issue with screen loosening/falling off..........

I use the built in cap as well, but realizing now the bowl should only be about 80% packed, or deal with all of it being stuck on the cap and falling inside the cap which causes extra cleaning time.

The only negative thing I dont like is herb gets stuck to mouthpiece and frequently falls into it, no other way to remove the herb other then blowing into the cap and getting debris everywhere.........

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

It is handy but it isn't really long enough for me.

I struggled a bit with loading the small bowl quickly and easily.

Using either the built-in scoop on unit or cap, offered no way to estimate material, go to far, too much, now have to remove amount, PITA.

Small funnel, hard to hold on top of unit, some of my fluffy BCG fine grind clogged up funnel, too clumsy.

Since it’s such a small bowl, it’s helpful to know the amount it’s going to take, but I would never take the time and effort to weigh.

So, I grabbed my NV .1 scoop, also known as a Pax loading tool. Fits great in the bowl, I turn the scoops open top section toward the GO’s bowl scoop extension when dumping in, no flower lost on table. So I can judge my amount when I load it from a Jarz container, dump it in, use the other end for a light tamp. Quick, easy and pretty accurate.

spindle

I use the Go for microdosing and it's my only vaporizer that is currently in rotation, and I use it through water only.

When consuming just a pinch (I don't have a scale) medium grind works well. There's no need to pack, since it will end up clumped to the screen anyway, for very small amount. When the bowl is filled 50% or more, when packed lightly, it stays in the chamber, and not the screen. For my particular needs, I don't consider half of a Go bowl to be a microdose.

Question for microdosers - would a metal screen extender be useful to further decrease the bowl size? I'd like a replacement metal screen/screen holder, longer, which would extend into the bowl to decrease the size. As it is now, for very small doses, there is a delay in reaching vaporization, since the material will be clumped onto the screen. The oven has to reach sufficient temperature for vaporization to occur.

Update - battery problem solved, sort of. I got the second Go, and keep one is fully charged at all times. If the battery runs out during a session, it is very easy to transfer the material to the other Go. Vivant did a great job with the Go! Not perfect, but a capable device for microdosers.

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail - I also use my pax loading tool (both sides) as well. And I load it with the gap space of the scoop facing the higher edge of the oven. Keeps things nice and neat, and tap it in there with no spillage.

Brilliant cut minds, think alike!

@Jill NYC and anyone with an opinion.

GRIND SIZE:
So far I’ve been using a fine grind (BCG) in the GO. Since the bowl is small, I figure I can get a bit more material in. I put it in loose, then just a light tamp, to get the material just below the rim of the bowl.

I’m was thinking that a more coarse grind like “medium”, if and when those larger grinds get sucked onto the screen, it can partially block the airflow, especially if this happens early, first toke or two.

The potential downside to FINE GRIND, if packed too dense or packed down, the possibility of combustion increases, and too tightly packed can decrease airflow. I’ve tried both FINE & MEDIUM grinds, and have yet to come to any real conclusion (no combustion yet), hence WONDERING what other users are finding in their grind choice. (and yes, I know strain and humidity add to the equation).

Thanks!

GetLeft

We think about a new mesh as the picture. What do you think?

Vivant, don't you have anyone testing these options? I have not purchased one of these, but follow out of curiosity. Looking at the ambit screen, I'd say of course it's going to clog eaiser; it's got bigger holes and will allow a stronger air flow that will suck more material to the screen. If I might conjecture, it will produce vapor at a lower rate also unless the user is careful with draw speed, since the more air coming in the lower the temp goes = the less vapor etc. Your image above seems to allow for a wider surface area for air to disperse and a little bit more restircition than the ambit screen, which will probably allow for less air flow, hotter temps, better vapor. If you need a guy to test all this stuff for you , let me know and I'll fly out :)

Easywider

Simple is the way
I need some opinions. Have an opportunity to purchase this vape for $35USD. I'd ordered a Vivant ambit on clearance and it arrived defective. I'm being offered a Go as a replacement. Should I take it and run? The only thing making me hesitant is the vibrator like shape. Will I get over this after a few sessions?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I need some opinions. Have an opportunity to purchase this vape for $35USD. I'd ordered a Vivant ambit on clearance and it arrived defective. I'm being offered a Go as a replacement. Should I take it and run? The only thing making me hesitant is the vibrator like shape. Will I get over this after a few sessions?
Yes and yes to your two questions.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A go at retail price ($70) is a reasonable deal. $35 for a Go (half price) is a great deal and definitely worthwhile. @ $35 I would buy a backup.
I don't know their previous product.

RustyOldNail

Brilliant cut minds, think alike!

@Jill NYC and anyone with an opinion.

GRIND SIZE:
So far I’ve been using a fine grind (BCG) in the GO. Since the bowl is small, I figure I can get a bit more material in. I put it in loose, then just a light tamp, to get the material just below the rim of the bowl.

I’m was thinking that a more coarse grind like “medium”, if and when those larger grinds get sucked onto the screen, it can partially block the airflow, especially if this happens early, first toke or two.

The potential downside to FINE GRIND, if packed too dense or packed down, the possibility of combustion increases, and too tightly packed can decrease airflow. I’ve tried both FINE & MEDIUM grinds, and have yet to come to any real conclusion (no combustion yet), hence WONDERING what other users are finding in their grind choice. (and yes, I know strain and humidity add to the equation).

Thanks!

What’s the best GRIND size for the GO?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What’s the best GRIND size for the GO?
I'm sure you'll get a range of answers/opinions on this, and that would be proper.
I tend to use a medium grind in all my vapes, it's what comes out of my og Cosmic grinder. I tend to feel that fine should be reserved for something like a Pax, a full on conduction vape.
Vapes like Go with a very short vapor path and a screen covering load so close to the draw will clog the screen a little less often with a medium grind than fine, in my estimation.
The need for exposure of surface area of the flower itself would seem to favor a finer grind, but fine grind can compress a little more during extraction and can lead to restricted flow of air through the material, negating some of the surface area benefit. Again, in my estimation.

Top Bottom