• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ViVANT DAbOX Pro

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have one, don't really see any clever use of airflow like you mention. Air comes in on all sides where the door isn't sealing and doesn't get diffusion or air directed anywhere other than direct into the glass path. The bucket however can get hot quick upto 400C+ easy.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I loved my Dabox but the button would engage and wouldn’t disengage. Locking it was a pain because I could click it twice and then the coil would fire and wouldn’t stop. Has that issue been fixed?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
What do you mean by asking "Does it require an adapter like the OG Dabox to replace the coils?"
Neither Dabox nor Dabox pro needs an adapter to replace the coils, you just wipe out the coil when pressing down, and insert the new one.

The OG had a proprietary base on its coil base, which the replacement heating module needed; without the adapter the unit became a paperweight.

Vivant eventually supplied the adapter, either thru its vendors, or thru the mail.

The O-ring for the glass cylinder was next to impossible to put back in when it became dislodged
after repeated removal/insertions of the glass for cleaning. My OG has been sitting in my to-be-fixed pile since.

It’s all good. :wave:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I loved my Dabox but the button would engage and wouldn’t disengage. Locking it was a pain because I could click it twice and then the coil would fire and wouldn’t stop. Has that issue been fixed?
I wish the button was clicker but there is no lock and it doesn't stay stuck for me but I've easily pressed the button without knowing since it's not clicky.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have one, don't really see any clever use of airflow like you mention. Air comes in on all sides where the door isn't sealing and doesn't get diffusion or air directed anywhere other than direct into the glass path. The bucket however can get hot quick upto 400C+ easy.
See that’s no good for me ... I want my dab temps to be <485F which can only be achieved I believe with proper directed air flow. The Sai TAF does this well but a slick all in one unit would be nice.

The firecore bucket seems like a good idea, but if it just burns my concentrate I’m really not interested. I want something that retains taste through the hit and that can be swabbed 100% clean after every dab

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
See that’s no good for me ... I want my dab temps to be <485F which can only be achieved I believe with proper directed air flow. The Sai TAF does this well but a slick all in one unit would be nice.

The firecore bucket seems like a good idea, but if it just burns my concentrate I’m really not interested. I want something that retains taste through the hit and that can be swabbed 100% clean after every dab
Agreed. I really want to like the Firecore and really the rest of the Dabox Pro but right now it's way too high of temperatures.

Vape Dr.

Hey all.

Here's a quick unboxing video of the Dabox Pro.
Haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.

Vape Dr.,
Reactions: JCat

Vivant

Manufacturer

I wish the button was clicker but there is no lock and it doesn't stay stuck for me but I've easily pressed the button without knowing since it's not clicky.

@KidFated. I specifically remember you mentioning this on the OG Dabox forum and we made sure to make the button on the Pro not too responsive so if it is in your pocket it won't auto fire and you can lock it easily.

@JCat @paytonpenn The original Dabox was unregulated. The new Dabox Pro is temperature regulated. I programmed the firmware so that you can have very nice low temp dabs. That is what I see this device do best. The algorithm makes sure the ramp up and cool down have very consistent temps. This also came from lots of testing with different types of concentrates. The FireCore at the first two lowest heat levels should not be burning your material.

We tested a direct flow with a carb cap ring but with the size of the FireCore a lot of your material can get pushed out. With this passive airflow and vertical flow we don't have that issue.

The airflow is a very big deal and I am going to incorporate a carb cap ring in the DabOX 2 which you can rotate with your finger to direct the airflow. Really appreciate the feedback.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@JCat @paytonpenn The original Dabox was unregulated. The new Dabox Pro is temperature regulated. I programmed the firmware so that you can have very nice low temp dabs. That is what I see this device do best. The algorithm makes sure the ramp up and cool down have very consistent temps. This also came from lots of testing with different types of concentrates. The FireCore at the first two lowest heat levels should not be burning your material.
It's not burning material but it's still higher than it needs to be in my opinion. I think it should start at 400F and end around 600F.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The airflow is a very big deal and I am going to incorporate a carb cap ring in the DabOX 2 which you can rotate with your finger to direct the airflow. Really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks! The DabOX 2 is definitely of interest to me then :)

In regards to temperature control, this is a tough one to nail down on a cup for all users as there are so many factors such as ambient air temp, air flow based on how hard user pulls, amount of material loaded, viscosity of material loaded, etc etc. A good solution here would be a DNA chipset or one that is ArcticFox compatible, or some way to adjust TCR/TFR values, coil resistance, temperatures, and other variables.

If this thing had directed air flow and customizable temps/materials you’d have me sold :). (Obviously with a DNA board the price would go up considerably, so might not be an option, but would it ever be cool and I’d be willing to pay for it :) )

AJS

Calm Consistency
I thought that I had made a post in here already but I guess not.

I used my Dabox Pro nearly exclusively for my concentrate needs since I've received it, I really enjoy it. I was using their Vault for all my portable concentrate needs before this, whether it be shatter on the coil, or my CCells, it was always in the Vault.

The heater setup of the Pro is exactly what I've wanted in a portable concentrate vape for a long time now. The quartz bucket heated by the coil is just one of the best ways to go. Flavor is so much better than the Vault, it is smoother, and just much easier to clean and use in general. I heat it up, pop it open, and use a slightly ISO'd Qtip and just wipe around in there, good as new.

I'm not a concentrate connoisseur, I am more of a flower guy. Since getting my card though, I've been experimenting quite a bit with basically whatever I can find. I turned my d020D into a rig with a cheap quarts banger and use my grinder to carb cap. That's about as far as my expertise goes. The Dabox Pro basically does exactly what I need it to do. I don't need any crazy induction anti gravity heater, just something that is easy to use, easy to clean, tastes pretty good, and can get some nice hits. The Pro does that pretty well in my opinion.

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
VIVANT 420 GIVEAWAY!
Please visit our website to win a free DAbOX PRO!
Good Luck!
https://www.vivant.com/events/cannabis-day/
2aerqs2.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any longer-term users have any feedback?
I am looking for a portable to vape rosin and like the look of this.:tup:

LesPlenty,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Any longer-term users have any feedback?
I am looking for a portable to vape rosin and like the look of this.:tup:
I don’t think the design of the airflow on this device will work very well for concentrates when using a cup design .... for a cup design to work the incoming air has to be directed down into the dish.

Just my 2 cents.

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Happy Cyber Monday!
Big sale is still going on!!
>1pc NOMAD Kit+5pcs Pods=$19.99,
>1pc DAbOX+3pcs Coils=$54.99,
>1pc VAULT Battery+1pc Tank=$34.99,
Hurry up!!Only 3 days!!Dec.1st-Dec.3rd!!
www.vivant.com

Notice: Final interpretation is owned by VIVANT.
-
-@vivantvape, we offer 2 years warranty.
- Thanks for all of your support!!

Vivant Customer Service,

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Come & get your favorite one!
- 25% OFF code: FC25!
- Up to 50% OFF code!
- Date: DEC.20 - JAN.3
-@vivantvape, we offer 2 years warranty.
www.vivant.com

Vivant Customer Service,

Cowboy05

Hey I just picked up the dabox pro today and I’m wondering if shatter works with it? I haven’t had any luck at all. So far it’s a huge waste of money

Cowboy05,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hey I just picked up the dabox pro today and I’m wondering if shatter works with it? I haven’t had any luck at all. So far it’s a huge waste of money
Whats your usage method, what were you expecting? Shatter works but in general this is a hard to recommend dab device if you ask me.

420BBBvapor

0528 dabox(3).jpg
WHAT’S INCLUDED
IN THE BOX?
LIST OF COMPONENTS:

• 1* DAbOX™
  • 1* Dual Quartz Clapton Coil Head
  • 1* Dual Quartz Coil Head
  • 1* Scoop Tool
  • 1* USB Cable
  • 1* Quick Guide

VIVANT VAPE,

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Hi everyone, Independence Day is coming. Now you can get one dabox pro and all extra accessories by $130. (The original price is $175) Date from 7/3 to 7/5. Thanks for all your support! Wish you have a nice holiday!

Vivant Customer Service,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
All,
I'm taking a look at the Dabox Pro and hoping for some good or bad actual-use feedback on it.
The response in this thread has not been overwhelming, not real bad, either , but really not a big wave of elation...
I mainly use flower, lean toward convection vapes, but I do enjoy several methods/vapes for bud.
I have become more interested in wax and have been enjoying a terp pen (and the new XL), but that's all I really know. I have zero interest in a "rig" with enail & stuff, but a portable that's good for more than a single hitter, having decent taste gets me interested.
I'm assuming it can be used dry as well as with water?
Been Iiking the idea that this is a dialed in, regulated vape compared to a box mod atty.
I have also been liking the Go as a well-designed Vivant product, and see there's a 25% off sale this weekend on all Vivant stuff, wondering If I should pull the trigger on a DB Pro or look elsewhere?
TIA.

Edit;
@Vape Dr. what was your impression beyond the unboxing?

Last edited:
vapviking,
Top Bottom