Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I used the glass piece from a simple medicine dropper and the stopper from an Alpha Goobof to replace the stock mouthpiece on my Rebrand Fenix and it made all the difference in the world. It tastes FANTASTIC. I would suspect that you can do the same thing with the Alternate. I hope someone will give it a try. Amazingly the tiny opening at the end of the dropper was enough for great draw!

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: Vivant

Just Justin

@Vape Dr.
Thank you very much, that's helpful indeed. I'm always glad to see you on the page and you can bet that the Alternate is good if Vape Dr here and I hope to see some more of your tips/tricks/mods or anything. I have a few of those LG batteries for use with my Firewood 4, so I'm glad I can use them in the Alternate as well. On another note, Have you done any tests on Conduction vs. Convection with the Alternate? I suspect it's similar to the Crafty/Mighty because the vapor and build/design is so similar.

The only issue I have with the Alternate is the build, same issue with the Crafty. I'm tired of plastic vapes. I want a vape that feels like a medical device and is built like one. Most vapes feel like toys but many people use them for medical reasons and they should be designed with that in mind. Nevertheless, I really love the Alternate, its now a daily driver for me.

sickmanfraud

@Vape Dr.
Thank you very much, that's helpful indeed. I'm always glad to see you on the page and you can bet that the Alternate is good if Vape Dr here and I hope to see some more of your tips/tricks/mods or anything. I have a few of those LG batteries for use with my Firewood 4, so I'm glad I can use them in the Alternate as well. On another note, Have you done any tests on Conduction vs. Convection with the Alternate? I suspect it's similar to the Crafty/Mighty because the vapor and build/design is so similar.

The only issue I have with the Alternate is the build, same issue with the Crafty. I'm tired of plastic vapes. I want a vape that feels like a medical device and is built like one. Most vapes feel like toys but many people use them for medical reasons and they should be designed with that in mind. Nevertheless, I really love the Alternate, its now a daily driver for me.

If you are really tired of plastic vapes I suggest you look into either a Mist Vape Touch, or a Milanaa by RBT.

shaolinmilk

It seems like China has entered the vaping market and is slowly becoming more mainstream. That's the only way for prices to be lowered, however IMO its a huge sacrifice on quality, however you do get what you pay for!

With that said, I seen this on DHGate and read your comment stating that your headquarters are in China and some distributors might've bought it directly so they have to cover their own warranty. The prices are 1/3 of what it is from Authorized dealers, however you do need to buy in bulk. I'm just wondering if these products are the same or if the ones on DHGate are clones.

Vivant

Manufacturer
It seems like China has entered the vaping market and is slowly becoming more mainstream. That's the only way for prices to be lowered, however IMO its a huge sacrifice on quality, however you do get what you pay for!

With that said, I seen this on DHGate and read your comment stating that your headquarters are in China and some distributors might've bought it directly so they have to cover their own warranty. The prices are 1/3 of what it is from Authorized dealers, however you do need to buy in bulk. I'm just wondering if these products are the same or if the ones on DHGate are clones.

Hello Shaolinmilk, Thank You for bringing that to our attention. DHGate functions similar to Ebay and what not.. That being said, We CANNOT guarantee the Alternates on there are Authentic or Clones.
I am confident in saying that the warranty is most likely void when the devices are bought through those channels, or I should say, the warranty is VOID through us here in California unless the device is bought through one of our Authorized Resellers. However, the other resellers have to have bought their device from our headquarters in China for the headquarters to warranty those devices.

I hope this helps explain the situation,
Please feel free to ask us any questions

Thank you!!

danald2000

It's $60 on dhgate and $110 on PIU. One you might wait weeks for, the other a matter of days. PIU Has great customer service, dhgate chinglish... And not to mention a 2 year warranty as well as other goodies (grinder, candy, drawings) come with PIU :).

I have seen it for sale without the battery, probably was on DHGate

Disappointingly the top cap part of my Alternate just cracked and broke. Mystery as to why.
No rough handling or dropping, merely removing the top section to stir the herbs.
Probably a complete one off and just my luck.

Fantastic support though from Vivant who got a replacement part shipped to me the instant that I reported this to them.

Shame it doesn't have just a bit more of a durable feel to it.

Still absolutely love this vaporizer though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypno vaper

Hi @Vape Dr.
I have a few questions I'm hoping you can answer. It seems that you modified this unit before the 1st use, is there a reason that you modified it without even trying it the first time? How does it work with the mods, are you happy with it? In regards to the mods, did you remove the stock screens before inserting your's or just stuff them right on top of the existing screens. And finally, to shape the cooler screen, did you push it into the hipvap pod to shape it or shaped outside of pod and what tool did you use to push it in?

And a question for everyone using it stock.... do you guys like it stock. I mean performance wise excluding the timer issue. Are you happy with it right out the box or is there something you would change now that you've used it a few times. Are you happy with the draw/pull, the screen placement etc. And do you think that Vape Dr.'s mods might be just what you need?

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hi @Vape Dr.
I have a few questions I'm hoping you can answer. It seems that you modified this unit before the 1st use, is there a reason that you modified it without even trying it the first time? How does it work with the mods, are you happy with it? In regards to the mods, did you remove the stock screens before inserting your's or just stuff them right on top of the existing screens. And finally, to shape the cooler screen, did you push it into the hipvap pod to shape it or shaped outside of pod and what tool did you use to push it in?

And a question for everyone using it stock.... do you guys like it stock. I mean performance wise excluding the timer issue. Are you happy with it right out the box or is there something you would change now that you've used it a few times. Are you happy with the draw/pull, the screen placement etc. And do you think that Vape Dr.'s mods might be just what you need?

This is Scott, I take care of marketing and operations for Vivant. I Personally took out the safety air flow valve for maximum air flow but left everything else alone. As long as you don't blow back into the device there wont be any issues. I will sometimes click the air flow control to the middle notch for an extra boost of flavor but wide open at 385 F seems to do the trick for me. Hope the extra opinion helps a little.

I downloaded the beta firmware for the timing issue, we will test it before we fully release it...

Last edited:

Hypno vaper

This is Scott, I take care of marketing and operations for Vivant. I Personally took out the safety air flow valve for maximum air flow but left everything else alone. As long as you don't blow back into the device there wont be any issues. I will sometimes click the air flow control to the middle notch for an extra boost of flavor but wide open at 385 F seems to do the trick for me. Hope the extra opinion helps a little.

I downloaded the beta firmware for the timing issue, we will test it before we fully release it...
Thank you Scott, we appreciate your activity here.

Vape Dr.

@Hypno vaper Hello my friend!
If you know me you know I LOVE to modify everything! If I think there is a better way to use something I do it and see.

When I got the alternate I just looked at it and studied it while I charged the battery, I wanted to try it with stock everything first.

The first thing I did was remove the air flap in the cooling chamber, I knew this was unnecessary. I do believe ViVant is going to eventually ship units with the flap removed but in the Oring bag so you can put it on if you want.

It's only real purpose is that if you accidentally cough or blow into the unit it blocks the hot air from coming out of the front intake so you don't "burn" your hand. Not an issue.

The next was to get a screen, and you are correct. I used the outside metal lip from the hipvap pod to form the screen and made a screen that was flush with the ledge on the CC.

In the 2nd pic you can see how deep the lip is where the screen goes

I used the Alternate stock and I loved it!
But I knew it could be a more enjoyable experience.

I added the bottle cap to the CC it makes it much easier to run a brush across the top instead of having to stick a brush in and go around the whole ledge to clean it.

Then I found I like HG2 batteries the best.

The Alternate is an "out of the box" ready to go vape that works great!
Now I have the same great vape with better battery life that's a breeze to clean!:tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've been wanting another session vape for on the go and just pulled the trigger on this through PIU ($110.48 after 15% coupon). Hoping I found a hidden gem here -- like what I am hearing, and the price is definitely right.

Your thoughts may be the clincher for me Dude! Obviously my interest is always piqued when @Vape Dr. is involved though ;)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
How is the vapor quality vs the davinci iq?

Not been impressed of the vapour quality on the IQ - so maybe i have high standards!

oddjobold,

Hypno vaper

This is a really good vape. Does it have that cheap plastic feel to it? Yes..... but who cares? At the price point, it's a really good vape. I've done all of the previously mentioned mods except for the screen mod for the cooling chamber because I'm waiting for the HipVap Pod to be delivered. However..... and maybe someone else who received their unit in the last few days confirm for me, I noticed that my cooling chamber screen is not nearly as deep as @Vape Dr. , it looks like mine is very close to the edge, maybe an eighth of an inch from the edge exposing only 1 ridge/lip. Looking at @Vape Dr. cooling chamber, his seems to be deeper inside displaying 2 ridges. Is it just my eyes or did any recent purchases notice the same thing? Just wondering if Vivant addressed that or I'm just high as all hell. Oh and shout out to @PuffItUp you really take care of our community. I don't know how many years it's been since I've had a Hundred Grand Bar or an Almond Joy. Brought a tear to my eye.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I've been wanting another session vape for on the go and just pulled the trigger on this through PIU ($110.48 after 15% coupon). Hoping I found a hidden gem here -- like what I am hearing, and the price is definitely right.

Yep...I decided to go ahead and order one as well...as you more experienced vapers post your impressions I'll be able to compare in real time! :bowdown::bowdown:

Vape Dr.

Hello all!:wave:

Here is another quick great mod for the Alternate.

Put a piece of insulation/foam on the battery door like this.

This is super simple and keeps the battery door from moving at all.
This also makes the Alternate feel much more durable.

I have been enjoying my Alternate very very much!:D

I am looking forward to the timer upgrade but I figured a way to work with it the way it is very easily. I just use the end of the session timer to temp step.

So far I am super impressed with the Alternate.
After a solid week of using it as my daily portable I feel confident recommending the Alternate the way it is and it will only get better with the firmware upgrades coming.

I like to start at 340F and get great taste and vapor. I like the airflow at half open and I always get consistently tan ABV. I can also get through the day on 1 battery which is great.

I will have some videos up here sometime soon!:tup:

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
@Vivant will the newest firmware come standard on all newer models? And besides the session length timer change, were there any other updates?

Lookatmeglow,
Top Bottom