Venty by Storz & Bickel

Pimpslapper

Really enjoying the Venty a couple of weeks into owning one, but I wanted to ask: has anybody in the US managed to find a decent solution for reducing the capacity of dosing capsules? Shipping for these to the US is $50-something, and I think the glass chamber reducers from POTV don't fit inside the capsules (just inside the chamber). The closest I've found are these, but the largest diameter ones are still a little small for the S&B capsules.
I understand the capsule lids fit on the glass spacers for the bowl. I am receiving the titanium caps and the spacers tomorrow so can let you know.
Otherwise maybe stainless steel 3mm ball bearings, or glass beads? Maybe the concentrate pads for the caps? I used to do that for my crafty but it’s a lot of metal…

Pimpslapper,
Reactions: LesPlenty

justcametomind

I tried putting a capsule lid on that glass reducer but it absolutely kills the airflow. Airflow is reduced a lot also without the lid but still doable.
Not a fan, also because my microdose would be tinier than the glass insert but imho it works better if the insert is full of weed.
Same thing for SS o Ti caps, imho they have to be full to deliver, not great for micro doses.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Vapiathan

jbm

Really enjoying the Venty a couple of weeks into owning one, but I wanted to ask: has anybody in the US managed to find a decent solution for reducing the capacity of dosing capsules? Shipping for these to the US is $50-something, and I think the glass chamber reducers from POTV don't fit inside the capsules (just inside the chamber). The closest I've found are these, but the largest diameter ones are still a little small for the S&B capsules.
I’ve had good results with just putting a regular flat screen inside the capsule on top of the load. You could also use a concentrate pad.

jbm,

Pimpslapper

I tried putting a capsule lid on that glass reducer but it absolutely kills the airflow. Airflow is reduced a lot also without the lid but still doable.
Not a fan, also because my microdose would be tinier than the glass insert but imho it works better if the insert is full of weed.
Same thing for SS o Ti caps, imho they have to be full to deliver, not great for micro doses.
just wondering if you can put the glass spacer upside down instead of adding the lid? Can hopefully try out this eek.

Pimpslapper,

SockPuppetTheatrics

Have you got a basket screen lying around (thinking like the rimmed ones for the Arizer Solo/Air)? That could work as an alternative to the dosing capsule for microdosing
Do you mean these? They're for the Extreme Q; the screens for Solo / Air appear to be flat. The only rimmed basket screens I have are for the Tetra P80, and I'm not sure if they're the same.
I’ve had good results with just putting a regular flat screen inside the capsule on top of the load. You could also use a concentrate pad.
I just found something saying that Firefly concentrate pads fit in S&B dosing caps and only take up half the room. I'm gonna pick up a few and see how they impact airflow.

SockPuppetTheatrics,
Reactions: JoeMama

justcametomind

just wondering if you can put the glass spacer upside down instead of adding the lid? Can hopefully try out this eek.
to me the point of using a capsule, is to keep the oven clean, using it upside down would kill that. When I do, I just use it without any lid.
I read multiple messages telling that the glass reducer and also the SS and Ti caps where useful for microdosing but I would't say that. I also read that someone liked to use the glass reducer with a capsule lid but that is also not the case for me. For sure the fact I like to put the fine screen on my CUs doesn't help with airflow either, but I would like to both microdose and keep the vape clean.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: ondemander

SockPuppetTheatrics

420EDC said they'll see if they can get backspacers made in a 12-13mm size, although it wouldn't be until the second half of the calendar year. They should fit just about perfectly in the top of the dosing capsule, although there's a chance they wouldn't sit flush inside the base of the capsule (at least with the VGoodiEZ Ti capsules) at the upper range of the diameter.

SockPuppetTheatrics,
Reactions: cosimo

JoeMama

This works perfectly for me. I realize they aren't available in the US so they're expensive.. but I obtained a couple extra and could part with one. I thought they would be fragile but they're quite robust. Message me if you'd like.
Some time back, @dude_de suggested one of us on the US side should/could take a tally on how many would like these glass inserts, and simply buy a batch and then do biz on this side with each other to obtain them... If I could know how many are wanted, I'd happily buy them and supply them here at cost plus mailing. Just a thought.

EDIT: The glass things are BOWLS, not reducers. And yes the airflow is reduced. But it's the consistency of heating and reliable delivery each time that I dig about Venty. I can get way more than a "microdose" if I really pack it. But normal loading gives only a slight reduction to air flow.

Last edited:
JoeMama,

Pimpslapper

I finally got and tested my venty today, Hot dang!
Those titanium capsules are just so much better than the aluminum. Perfectly machined. All 8 of them! the lids come right off without having to dig your nails into em and they stay on and are perfectly fit. Taste is supreme. I haven’t tried the glass bowls yet, tomorrow! The Venty smell proof bag is nice too but it reeks like production.

Stinky

My returned WPA arrived in the States and I was given a refund. Delta3dStudios also refunded my postage which was unexpected. I will let everyone know how the WPA goes when I buy one of the final units down the track. I can definitely recommend them as they looked after me really well.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Has anyone had their super charger just stop working ?

I went to plug it in today and no dice. No green light, she dead. Tried googling it and doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue.

(Figured I'd ask in this thread as well feel free to delete if not cool)

twain55

I already posted the easiest way to use the dosing capsules with any amount inside. Just use a screen on top. Why overcomplicate it?

twain55

I feel like I'd really have to cram one of the CU screens in to get it to fit. I'm gonna try out some half-inch screens and see how those work. Thanks for the tip!
Not sure why mine would fit any better. They are 15mm, which is standard size for the Mighty afaict.

And I'd wait for a whip adapter. Using vapes upside down never appealed to me.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
And I'd wait for a whip adapter. Using vapes upside down never appealed to me.

You can use the Venty with WPA in UPRIGHT position, through water, using a BUBBLER like a Hubble Bubble.
I posted the link as many have been waiting for a Venty fitting silicone WPA.

Last edited:

Milka

What are the pros and cons of using a Water Pipe Adapter compared to a Silicone Whip With a Mouthpiece & Glass Adapter?

Does the one have the advantage over the other? How about usage with different types of glass? Does the lack of a cooling unit in case of using a Water Pipe Adapter noticeably change the taste or temperature of the vapor?

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
@Milka personally I'd always go for WPA only, less restriction thus more open flow, glass cools enough, less chance of tippage without hose around, less things to clean...

Only good thing I see using WPA with hose and adapter, is that Venty will be positioned normal, not upside down, so unit will get less dirty from vapour blowback.
But you can find glass that is made to be seated on WPA so Venty won't be turned upside down. Which should be the way to go with Venty and glass pipes imo.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
What are the pros and cons of using a Water Pipe Adapter compared to a Silicone Whip With a Mouthpiece & Glass Adapter?

Does the one have the advantage over the other? How about usage with different types of glass? Does the lack of a cooling unit in case of using a Water Pipe Adapter noticeably change the taste or temperature of the vapor?

Personally, I try and avoid using silicone whips or any tubes with my devices.

I prefer as pure a vapor path as I can get. So far I have not seen a “glass joint” WPA yet, I have one for my Mighty, but as we know, those attachments don’t fit the Venty. Cleaning whips/tubes is also more work, and if you don’t clean them often enough, besides looking gross, it can effect the TASTE of your vapor.

Unlike the silicone WPA I have for my Mighty, this NEW Venty WPA model has an internal metal tube for stability, so it should be better, also the vapor path should now avoid the silicone. Using it place of the Venty C.U., means you won’t need to clean the CU as often, the WATER in your rig, will provide the COOING.

Never had an issue using my Mighty or other devices upside down, using capsules in the Venty will keep things less messy too. Also, as I’ve mentioned in my previous post, one could also use bubblers that are held upright, link to my favorite was included.

Good luck!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
The WATER in your rig will provide the COOING.
Depends on your rig. 😉
3141_v30-0911.jpg

Top Bottom