Venty by Storz & Bickel

WirtDog

I remember watching a Troy and Jerry show where Troy made a remark about the paint of the Venty emblem on the Venty fading. The paint was just coming off. Well, this is happening to mine. I use alcohol to sanitize because so many people are handling it...I believe that might be the cause...bad paint job. I suppose. The bottom still reads Venty but, in a cream color.
That is aggravating for a $ 450 device. I saw a good financial article about the company that bought S&B today? I thought of posting it because I think Venty owners and prospective buyers would be interested in tracking what is going on with the company. I was unsure if that would be within the rules?

I mention this because I cannot help but wonder if problems with the rollout have anything to do with different management running S&B? Anyone involved with a corporate buyout, acquisition or merger can relate. Hope my concerns are not valid in this case. I think S&B overall has been a great company and an asset to the vape community worldwide.

JoeMama

As an engineer I hate to think that production was rushed because of accountants pushing them to get sales going before Thanksgiving and the Holidays, because it'll be the engineers who get blamed.
It is very likely that CG accountants pushed S&B management to get stuff out the door and someone overlooked a red flag, but their FY ends in March, so I don't think there's been any undue "rush" to get the product rolled out fast unless Christmas was a driver. But, being already IN the Holidays, and even with the mess, S&B has has moved past this problem and are settling back to normal. If the can turn my RMA around in 6 days, they aren't stressing IMO. It's evident that it was an extreme issue since they wrote off every single shipped unit (BTW, If they made us deenergize the units, why not ship them back for "refurbishment"? Are the parts that cheap?). Still, I have to commend them for the "ServPro" kind of cleanup they've done. No excuses; just 1,2,3 and done. Moving on... Perhaps someday someone who has an in with CG will tell the real story.

martinstraka8282

POTV is probably your best bet, they were displaying a 20% off S&B discount before, but that notice is gone now on both US and Canadian sites. Probably not going to land until the new year. Canadian Vaporizers does some good discounts. https://www.canadianvaporizers.ca/
I just checked and the Canadian POTV site does still say 20% off S&B on front page with discount only shown in cart. Problem is the Venty isn't available and they won't let you place an order for it like some retailers do.

I can also vouch for Canadianvaporizers.ca. Never needed to correspond with them, but orders placed went smoothly. Planetvape.ca is another I've ordered from a few times without issues.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: Petetbay

WirtDog

As an engineer I hate to think that production was rushed because of accountants pushing them to get sales going before Thanksgiving and the Holidays, because it'll be the engineers who get blamed.
It is very likely that CG accountants pushed S&B management to get stuff out the door and someone overlooked a red flag, but their FY ends in March, so I don't think there's been any undue "rush" to get the product rolled out fast unless Christmas was a driver. But, being already IN the Holidays, and even with the mess, S&B has has moved past this problem and are settling back to normal. If the can turn my RMA around in 6 days, they aren't stressing IMO. It's evident that it was an extreme issue since they wrote off every single shipped unit (BTW, If they made us deenergize the units, why not ship them back for "refurbishment"? Are the parts that cheap?). Still, I have to commend them for the "ServPro" kind of cleanup they've done. No excuses; just 1,2,3 and done. Moving on... Perhaps someday someone who has an in with CG will tell the real story.
I agree with all you say. But, I have been in these situations before in IT. Whoever has management control will influence how things are done. If you have something that has been working well it does not take much to screw it up. Just a few oversights can cause a scenario like we have seen. The comment about the printing on the Venty coming off already on some units made me think of this. I hope we have clear sailing ahead. I would like to own a Venty.

WirtDog,
Reactions: JoeMama

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
how things are done. If you have something that has been working well it does not take much to screw it up. Just a few oversights can cause a scenario like we have seen. The comment about the printing on the Venty coming off already on some units made me think of this. I hope we have clear sailing ahead.

I would like to own a Venty.

All good, but perhaps a separate thread on S&B business practices would be better served, leaving this Venty thread about DEVICE SPECIFIC questions, and comments. :)

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Dr. G

Petetbay

I just checked and the Canadian POTV site does still say 20% off S&B on front page with discount only shown in cart. Problem is the Venty isn't available and they won't let you place an order for it like some retailers do.
In stock at POTV US will receive by the 21th, 20% S&B discount doesn’t apply even manually, still waiting for arrival POTV Canada.

Petetbay,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I tried going through some pages and got a little tired ,so sorry for being a little blunt ,but is there really no tear down of the heater yet . So many people having useless units lying around and no one is actually interested to see what people are breathing through ..I have seen almost any popular vaporizer out there broke down to the last wire ,but not this one .Does anyone know at least what the heater material is ? Like this is not FC anymore :whip:.

crownroyaldaddy

the Venty accessories page has been down on the US S&B website for a few days now?

I just want a set of cooling units, can’t believe there still aren’t any available

crownroyaldaddy,

MDHI

Anyone notice their device change screen from green to yellow after inhaling hard for over 5 sec?

Seem like the heater is not keeping the temp, like a old mighty

I got a few times it when lower battery or using it out side

brquad225

Is anyone who is using the Titanium capsules noticing a fitment issue after some use?
I am seeing lids not holding well to the capsule, like if you turn it upside down it comes off; and repeatedly replacing the lid provides near zero "catch".
I've swapped out different lids with a 50% success rate, then thinking some lids may fit better with other capsules... Oy. :hmm:

It's just that I paid a lot of money for 2 sets of 5 caps... I wonder if I'm not alone.
Yea...I've noticed this too after about a week of lots of use. I bought two sets also and have several doing this. Still better than aluminum, but I've found taking the capsule out while the unit is still hot helps the lid from getting stuck in the CU. But...yea some are a bit too loose now and fall off fairly easily.

brquad225,
Reactions: JoeMama

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yea...I've noticed this too after about a week of lots of use. I bought two sets also and have several doing this. Still better than aluminum, but I've found taking the capsule out while the unit is still hot helps the lid from getting stuck in the CU. But...yea some are a bit too loose now and fall off fairly easily.

Squeeze them….

Thought I’d share some of my Venty tests, for the techie geeks here:

USB WALL CHARGER TESTS

Oct-Dec 2023.

EMPTY WEIGHT:
Venty = 254g. (0.56 lbs)
Mighty = 247g.

Auto SHUTDOWN at 2 minutes, briefly press POWER button to RESET.
***Device “Draw Detection”, seems to reset 2 minute timer to 0.
**Draw Detection does not seem to extend the BOOST level timeout of 90 seconds. Started drawing at 1:15 and it reverted to BASE temperature.

After 90 second BOOST, device drops to BASE TEMP, and then SHUTS OFF, in 12 seconds.

CHARGE TESTS, Used UNI-T, USB Meter.

1) FULL Charge after Venty auto power shutdown:
Using “Anker 323” 33w. USB Charger). With included S&B 3 amp “black” USB-C cable).

NORMAL CHG. TIME (both APP chg settings OFF): 1:24min. (1st unit 1:15 minutes.)
BATTERY CAPACITY TOTAL: 2800mAh (1st unit 2688 mAh.)
AMP PULL (during charge): 2.8a. average at 9 volts.
*Device only gets warm.

2) ECO CHARGE TEST. ***Both ECO settings turned on via S&B web app. (Voltage charge limited and Charge “amp” rate limited).

FULL “ECO” Charge after Venty auto power shutdown:
CHG. TIME: 1:20 minutes.
BATTERY CAPACITY TOTAL: 2170 mAh.
Watt Hours: 19.88Wh.
***Device label: 22Wa.

AMP PULL LIMITED (during charge): Starts at 1.5a, then 2a. average at 9 volts. Tested twice, same results.
*Device only gets warm.
**Approximately 20% LESS mAh.
***Venty charge status still shows FAST ICON.

imor jones

That is aggravating for a $ 450 device. I saw a good financial article about the company that bought S&B today? I thought of posting it because I think Venty owners and prospective buyers would be interested in tracking what is going on with the company. I was unsure if that would be within the rules?

I mention this because I cannot help but wonder if problems with the rollout have anything to do with different management running S&B? Anyone involved with a corporate buyout, acquisition or merger can relate. Hope my concerns are not valid in this case. I think S&B overall has been a great company and an asset to the vape community
I would like to get the link to the article!
For the time i am waiting patienly for my ordered venty 🥰

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have an interesting question for Mike (@Delta3DStudios) and @ChooChooCharlie), while Charly's Venty is in for, uh, evaluation. Assuming it is still there enjoying the Florida winter.

What do you think of the idea of an adapter that would allow a Venty cooling unit to install on a Mighty? :\

One thought I've had toward this is to maybe use the bottom section of the Delta3d silicone wpa as a starting point for the design? In use, Venty screen might be removed?

Edit;
Oh, let me add that I don't mean to add anything to the holiday workload; let this one simmer a while!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

I encouraged Mike to take his time and enjoy using it for a while. He's probably busy fulfilling xmas orders, waiting for a break before starting Venty design ideas

Fitting a Venty CU on a Mighty?? Would look odd. Suppose cleaning might be easier? But if you're hoping for increased flow utilizing the adjustable wheel, well no luck there I'm afraid. The Mighty restriction comes from the base unit, not the CU. Somewhat analogous to the rate determining step in chemical reactions (I was a star on my HS Chemistry team, rah rah, sis boom boom)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I encouraged Mike to take his time and enjoy using it for a while. He's probably busy fulfilling xmas orders, waiting for a break before starting Venty design ideas

Fitting a Venty CU on a Mighty?? Would look odd. Suppose cleaning might be easier? But if you're hoping for increased flow utilizing the adjustable wheel, well no luck there I'm afraid. The Mighty restriction comes from the base unit, not the CU. Somewhat analogous to the rate determining step in chemical reactions (I was a star on my HS Chemistry team, rah rah, sis boom boom)
Well, not too concerned about the look of it, I thought it might do a better job of cooling? I like the idea of that metal plate screen in there.

I have felt the same as you about Mighty's restriction being built-in to the base unit, but now I think it's a combination of the two. I've been using Mighty thru a wpa and a spiked/beaded u hook from GVB and I think the flow is more open than thru the standard c/u...

Hey, it was just a stoner's musing, I'm open for anybody to tell me it's a dumb idea!

brquad225

Are you able to use smaller amounts with this? Or is it like the volcano with a huge bowl?
I use capsules also...~ .170g of material in each. I do like to pack them tightly though.

In other news...I'm gunking up the cooling unit screens like crazy. I ordered these off Amazon and they are a good alternative to the S&B screens for the cooling unit.

Top Bottom