Venty by Storz & Bickel

WirtDog

Mentioned earlier up in the thread. It got quite ganky and nasty with the mesh. Not sure if I got some moisture in there or whatever.

I've used my Crafty+ way more and that is yet to brown on the heater screen. Genuinely was just looking for support.

Finally got it out, took quite a lot of tugging and yeah, really was not an easy job.
Thanks for responding. I have a 5 year old Mighty OG and I have probably replaced that screen 3 times. Probably 70/30 native use to capsules. Always a medium grind currently with BCG. I have just never had that bottom screen be a problem and surprised early Venty feedback seems to indicate it might be a bit of a problem?

Thunderbelch

Have I missed it or has really none of the early adopters opened up their bricked Venty and posted some pictures?

Btw, can you screw on that cooling unit both ways, facing left/right?
I did: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/venty-by-storz-bickel.54534/post-1758875

LITTLE COMFORT MOD:

Some members here may be familiar with my device preferences over the years. As a fan of “miniaturization”, I have usually sought out the smallest devices. I bought the Venty, mostly because of the latest 130w. heater technology, and adjustable airflow, which all the reviews confirmed. I wasn’t sure if I would like a LARGER device, and I never liked using my Mighty, because of how it felt to hold in the hand. Perhaps, as most of my vape devices are so small, I SURPRISED myself, in that I really LIKE how the Venty feels in use, in my hand. Like picking up a small “power tool”. I actually like it!

One tiny issue I didn’t like, is the SHARP EDGE around the bottom of the CU=COOLING UNIT. I figure S&B went with the design choice of matching the FIN LINES of the body, or didn’t want to add an additional process in the manufacturing process, so they didn’t SMOOTH the bottom CU EDGES. I can FEEL these sharp edges while holding it. Nothing major, just a bit off…..

So, no big deal to do a LITTLE COMFORT MOD:

Starting with 220A, then 400A EMORY PAPER, I sanded down the CU BOTTOM EDGES. Using the coarse Emory then the finer one, at a 45 degree angle. Took a few minutes, no visible difference when done. But much BETTER feel in my hand now.

Just thought I’d share this, in case this bothered anyone, like me! :)
It bugged me from the start so I softened the edge of the CU of my original Venty with a diamond file. Did the same with the new one as soon as it arrived. Just went over the sharp edge very lightly all round so you barely see a change, but it feels so much nicer in the hand.

SolidAirrr

Nice, how did you disconnect the battery pack? Just by a pcb 'plug', like it looks eg on the display?
And how are the batteries connected in that pack? Do you have any more pics you could share?

JoeMama

Thanks for responding. I have a 5 year old Mighty OG and I have probably replaced that screen 3 times. Probably 70/30 native use to capsules. Always a medium grind currently with BCG. I have just never had that bottom screen be a problem and surprised early Venty feedback seems to indicate it might be a bit of a problem?
I don't see a problem, but apparently some have had a bad time getting the screen out... Not sure why that screen would need to be cleaned on a new product. I've read all these posts and seen the YT video on taking it out, but I have no desire to actually try and take my screen out for the hell of it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
surprised early Venty feedback seems to indicate it might be a bit of a problem?
It's only been talked about as a dirty screen by I think one user, at least here in this thread. A couple of other folks have tried, on their bricked devices, to remove the screen and have been frustrated by the process.
Unless its discussed elsewhere? It doesn't seem to be a rash of screen issues...

MonkeyTime

Only one here one FC talking about it and they mentioned using the pad. Makes me think it's was a dirty concentrate attempt.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along :lol:

ChooChooCharlie

Another addition to the vape drawer of bits and bobs -- use in the unlikely event of a Venty oven screen replacement

ifixit-jimmy-tool.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You mean I didn't need that Ifixit tool?

It was cheap, and don't have those pointy tweezers anyway

Might come in handy, I have one in my Amazon cart, most of my electronic tools like that are plastic. A nice metal THIN edge tool, is worth having! That S&B video must be new, guess they are catching up with customers feedback. Hopefully, they will ADD “vibration” warning, when the 90 second BOOST temp runs out….

JoeMama

Is anyone who is using the Titanium capsules noticing a fitment issue after some use?
I am seeing lids not holding well to the capsule, like if you turn it upside down it comes off; and repeatedly replacing the lid provides near zero "catch".
I've swapped out different lids with a 50% success rate, then thinking some lids may fit better with other capsules... Oy. :hmm:

It's just that I paid a lot of money for 2 sets of 5 caps... I wonder if I'm not alone.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Is anyone who is using the Titanium capsules noticing a fitment issue after some use?
I am seeing lids not holding well to the capsule, like if you turn it upside down it comes off; and repeatedly replacing the lid provides near zero "catch".
I've swapped out different lids with a 50% success rate, then thinking some lids may fit better with other capsules... Oy. :hmm:

It's just that I paid a lot of money for 2 sets of 5 caps... I wonder if I'm not alone.

I’ve had 1 or 2 of my (10), that were a bit loose. Like you I swapped them between the others.
I’ve also pressed gently on the top of the capsule, NOT the lid. Going gently, you may have to press more then once, as the GOOD part, is they are pretty solid, didn’t take much, and the top snapped on as it should.

Mndeadhead

just had my first bowl in my new Venty. Initial observations:

1. This thing is even uglier in person
2. A hit on setting 3 is mindblowingly open. I think it is one of those things that has to be experienced to truly understand. I neither currently have, nor have ever owned a portable vape that is this open.
3. Definitely will not be an "out and about" vape for me - its too big. Will keep my Lobo for that reason, but this will definitely be traveling with me.
4. Man this thing is ugly. I can already hear the "wtf is that" questions being queued up by my buddies who already think I am crazy.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I’ve had 1 or 2 of my (10), that were a bit loose. Like you I swapped them between the others.
I’ve also pressed gently on the top of the capsule, NOT the lid. Going gently, you may have to press more then once, as the GOOD part, is they are pretty solid, didn’t take much, and the top snapped on as it should.
I thought it was just me...yes, the lids get stuck but, I guess its no big deal.

Dr. G,
Reactions: JoeMama

goldfinger

Does anyone have a decent Canadian source? I'm interested in this but would like to get it domestically and after the issues have been ironed out.

goldfinger,

JoeMama

Does anyone have a decent Canadian source? I'm interested in this but would like to get it domestically and after the issues have been ironed out.
I don't know of a Canadian source, but I can say that if S&B's customer service is an indication of how well they fixed the issue, there no longer is an issue.
I had the irritating experience of having had my replacement unit faulty (bluetooth connectivity). I RMA'd it on Day One and got a new unit exactly 6 days later. That's just stellar IMO.

martinstraka8282

I don't know about this vape specifically, but I've had nothing but good experiences with all 3 places below numerous times. Free super fast shipping, price matching and almost immediate CS responses.

Planetofthevapes
TheHerbCafe
vapenorth.ca

Dr. G

Old Resident
I remember watching a Troy and Jerry show where Troy made a remark about the paint of the Venty emblem on the Venty fading. The paint was just coming off. Well, this is happening to mine. I use alcohol to sanitize because so many people are handling it...I believe that might be the cause...bad paint job. I suppose. The bottom still reads Venty but, in a cream color.

Petetbay

POTV is probably your best bet, they were displaying a 20% off S&B discount before, but that notice is gone now on both US and Canadian sites. Probably not going to land until the new year. Canadian Vaporizers does some good discounts. https://www.canadianvaporizers.ca/

Petetbay,
Top Bottom