Venty by Storz & Bickel

redspawn

It's on the S&B site, I use one with Mighty a lot.
Through the covid time a lot of the accessories went out of stock, but I don't think the filling aid was ever discontinued.

It apparently will not fit the Venty.
Yes i know, and i mean this Aid (specific 4 Venty). Never was in Stock.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have zero plans to use dosing caps with my Venty. I like loading it direct. I did about 50 bowls on my original unit before I bricked it and I did not notice any buildup in the oven at all. All I did was brush it out immediately after every bowl when it was a still warm.

My replacement is supposedly scheduled for delivery today, but I’m out of town for the holiday, so I requested it to be delivered to a nearby drop point and I’ll pick it up there on Monday. Hopefully no issues. DHL has been a pain for me in the past. I cannot wait to have this vape back in my hands.
...we are using nugs directly in the chamber. THE BEST!

Pukka

I know I want one. But maybe not right now. My dentist has just presented a preview of the next 3 months: 17 Venties worth of dental work.
Oh do I feel for you! Happiest day of my of my life was when my last damn, horrible from day one tooth finially fell out. Hope it all goes well!

Last edited:
Pukka,
Reactions: stressed

JoeMama

Do you mean the SnB filling aid or the one made by verdampftnochmal. They have quite a few 3D printed gadgets available only through them.
I looked up this verdampftnochmal company.... they have a glass insert for Mighty/Crafty that would obviously fit into the Venty's oven chamber. I'd really like to try them, even though I use the dosing caps currently. Problem is they're cheap enough but the shipping is 10 times of what their price total for 3 pieces is. Now I want to find glass inserts like this. Brilliant, IMO.

1. What is the general consensus re. dosing caps vs. loading directly? I read somewhere that dosing capsules could impede airflow somewhat, but I've not read or heard any 1st hand experiences on whether the difference is significant.

2. Is anyone changing the course screen in the cooling unit for a finer one? This is often touted as the first thing to do when buying a Mighty/Crafty, so I'm curious as to whether the same is true for the Venty? Given the additional power and air flow, I wonder whether it's advisable to change it?
While they may impede air flow somewhat, I personally don't notice a difference after comparing them emperically for one or two puffs. ie, you adjust and don't even know they're there. But from a productivity standpoint, I'd think no capsules is a better roast.

I DID change the screen. I had not realized that I should have in the first place, as there were particulate globules all over the inside of the CU. So, yeah, change the screen unless you only put nothing more fine that a crushed bud.

I know I want one. But maybe not right now. My dentist has just presented a preview of the next 3 months: 17 Venties worth of dental work.
I have the same dentist as you! Good luck with all of that. It's a slog but your health is the best place to spend your money.

Last edited:

dude_de

You should have teeth like Donny Osmond, after paying that.
I certainly hope so.
Happiest day of my of my life was when my last damn, horrable from day one tooth finially fell out.
Unfortunately, not quite there yet.

Maybe I can convince myself to just say "fuggit" and turn the 17 Venty issue into an 18 Venty issue.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I believe Sneaky Pete carries them in NA.

I was considering those glass bowl REDUCERS, but when I’m not using capsules for convenience, and DIRECT LOAD, I love NOT needing my wooden pick to dump the load, it just dumps out dry and cooked, then just the S&B BRUSH. So I’d probably BREAK the glass adapter at some point while dumping.
So far at least for me, I don’t see a need to reduce the bowl size, as the powerful consistent heater seems to vaporize any size load I put in. I’m not a true micro doser, so for me I’ve tried (1) “DASH” = 1/8th TEASPOON, about .1 grams when using medium grind BCG plate.

But after years, I finally found a reason to try the BCG COARSE grind plate. Using same scoop as above, as the pieces are larger, a single level scoop is probably LESS then .1 grams. Easily covers bottom of the Venty chamber, I tamp down with S&B tool, medium pressure. Get some nice flavorful hits, don’t need a long session, can even play with starting at highest temp of 410f.

The fact that the heater can quickly keep up with any airflow setting (most won’t be able to overwhelm this 130w. heater), is what separates this new model from any previous versions. There are many more ways you can experiment with, to find what you like. I’m having fun bouncing around with various techniques….

snowdrop7756

I was considering those glass bowl REDUCERS, but when I’m not using capsules for convenience, and DIRECT LOAD, I love NOT needing my wooden pick to dump the load, it just dumps out dry and cooked, then just the S&B BRUSH. So I’d probably BREAK the glass adapter at some point while dumping.
So far at least for me, I don’t see a need to reduce the bowl size, as the powerful consistent heater seems to vaporize any size load I put in. I’m not a true micro doser, so for me I’ve tried (1) “DASH” = 1/8th TEASPOON, about .1 grams when using medium grind BCG plate.

But after years, I finally found a reason to try the BCG COARSE grind plate. Using same scoop as above, as the pieces are larger, a single level scoop is probably LESS then .1 grams. Easily covers bottom of the Venty chamber, I tamp down with S&B tool, medium pressure. Get some nice flavorful hits, don’t need a long session, can even play with starting at highest temp of 410f.

The fact that the heater can quickly keep up with any airflow setting (most won’t be able to overwhelm this 130w. heater), is what separates this new model from any previous versions. There are many more ways you can experiment with, to find what you like. I’m having fun bouncing around with various techniques….
Have you decided which bcg plate you like best for the VENTY yet? Also is there a preference for the vent setting with smaller sized loads?

snowdrop7756,
Reactions: WirtDog

RustyOldNail

Have you decided which bcg plate you like best for the VENTY yet? Also is there a preference for the vent setting with smaller sized loads?

I like the MEDIUM BCG plate overall, works with capsules and direct loading. Coarse is fun too, as I described in my previous post.

Since the powerful 130w heater can react quickly to any cool air being introduced, you have to see what airflow setting works best for you. Personally, I ride the airflow dial and starting TIGHT, I usually increase the airflow every two hits, as I’m usually temp stepping as well.

That’s the point, there are a lot of potential variables, that most of my other vapes can’t offer, as consistent HEAT & VARIABLE “airflow” are the KEYS!

So EXPERIMENT and find what you like best. Make it a slow session vape, or a hot one hitter. That’s why it’s worth the money if you have the budget.

JoeMama

MonkeyTime

I like the MEDIUM BCG plate overall, works with capsules and direct loading. Coarse is fun too, as I described in my previous post.

Since the powerful 130w heater can react quickly to any cool air being introduced, you have to see what airflow setting works best for you. Personally, I ride the airflow dial and starting TIGHT, I usually increase the airflow every two hits, as I’m usually temp stepping as well.

That’s the point, there are a lot of potential variables, that most of my other vapes can’t offer, as consistent HEAT & VARIABLE “airflow” are the KEYS!

So EXPERIMENT and find what you like best. Make it a slow session vape, or a hot one hitter. That’s why it’s worth the money if you have the budget.
I use the coarse grind a lot for larger loads. TM2 & the Crafty+ that I use on the run both benefit imo as I pack more. Light tamp fluffy pack but larger.

Mine shows up Monday if on time, I'm really looking forward to a full bowl, lightly packed with a coarse grind. I'll probably add just a light resistance so I can pull some....

I'm really looking forward to playing with the draw resistance, well said @RustyOldNail , so many possibilities!

**Edited for phone typing

trontreez

Hey been away from the vape scene for a while. Just wondering how this goes with concentrates?

I normally do unpressed dry seive but might try rosin ...

trontreez,

Smknbud

These are the ones I wish I could get here in the US:
Ed's tnt had these glass capsules but I don't see them in stock at the moment. I reached out today to see if these might be available again and also asked if he is going to make a Venty version.

dude_de

Problem is they're cheap enough but the shipping is 10 times of what their price total for 3 pieces is.
Do you mean these?

I will be ordering some parts and stuff from them in the next couple of days. I could stick them in an envelope and send it as registered letter. To the US, that would be 5.20€. DM me if interested.

I have the same dentist as you! Good luck with all of that. It's a slog but your health is the best place to spend your money.
Probably not. If you did, you wouldn' t have the shipping issue. 😁

Last edited:

JoeMama

Ed's tnt had these glass capsules but I don't see them in stock at the moment. I reached out today to see if these might be available again and also asked if he is going to make a Venty version.
They're the same whether they are for the Mighty or Crafty or Venty... If they fit one they fit all, AFAIK.
Do you mean these?
No... See link in my post showing the little holes in the top. Reducers are just "rings". These are closed with holes at the botton, so that it's a full "bowl insert".
My offer to send you a letter also applies to this, obviously. 😁
That is extremely kind of you, and I'd certainly take you up on a few of them! Consider this a handshake deal!

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Does anybody know how the Venty compares to the Tinymight2 or the Angus in terms of flavor?
Those are my to best vapes for flavor. Compared to them my OG Mighty lacks some taste so I was wondering how the venty would compare
I have the TM 2, it is one of my favorite vapes…but, not for that much flavor for me…as far as flavor, going back in time. The Firefly was the best taste for vape for me back then. Then, the Airvape Legacy Pro took over that spot for best flavor. The first few hits on the Venty are really sublime…So, as far as flavor for me of the S and B line…the Venty wins hands down for everything. The Alp is BEST taste still for me. Overall best vape for me is Venty.

PS I almost forgot to say you need to try the Vapman for flavor and fun. I love Vapman.

justcametomind

This is just to say that I collected my accessories order from SB that I did to take advantage of the 30€ voucher. Someone posted that SB capsules were very very fragile and prone to bending, to the point that they wouldn’t last more than a single use. My capsules are from the first batch they ever made so I thought to get some and see if they were any different. A reduced mass could have been fun to experiment.
Well I ordered some, but they are the same as they’ve ever been.

RustyOldNail

This is just to say that I collected my accessories order from SB that I did to take advantage of the 30€ voucher. Someone posted that SB capsules were very very fragile and prone to bending, to the point that they wouldn’t last more than a single use. My capsules are from the first batch they ever made so I thought to get some and see if they were any different. A reduced mass could have been fun to experiment.
Well I ordered some, but they are the same as they’ve ever been.

Try the titanium or stainless steel capsules. Much better.

My replacement is supposedly scheduled for delivery today, but I’m out of town for the holiday, so I requested it to be delivered to a nearby drop point and I’ll pick it up there on Monday. Hopefully no issues. DHL has been a pain for me in the past. I cannot wait to have this vape back in my hands.

Well, DHL ignored my request and left the package at my doorstep, but my cat sitter was able to bring it in for me this morning. I will be reunited with my Venty when I return home tonight!

Top Bottom