Thunderbelch

Finally bricked and disassembled mine
photo_2023-11-15_12-14-38.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nice!
So, one question would be, "which of these components was bad, and how was that enough to warrant scrapping the whole unit? Or might the issue be a cascading event?

It appears to be rather modular.
This could initiate a "mod" phase much earlier than one might expect! :science:

Lots of folks will be keeping for spare parts, which could be great. But before messing around they should know which could lead to trouble.

Tab

Nerd
For those who are still waiting after ordering earlier like me, I saw a post on FB in a S&B group from someone who got a mail from them, they say that they plan to have it on stock by next week... Did someone also got a mail like this here?

Last edited:
Tab,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

Dr. G

Old Resident
Thanks for sharing this...its awesome you were able to take it apart and show us. You mean to tell me that..this is it? I am truly amazed. How sophisticated and yet so simple...put together its the best vape around. Go figure...I miss my Venty like crazy. I started using my TM2 and its super nice...but, I miss my Venty. Period. Need it. Got to have it.

Thunderbelch

And how about the airpath (where are the intakes exactly and how does air travel thru device) and the vaporpath? Anything non-plastic in there (except for the heater)?
Air enters through the slots on the sides of the oven area (bottom slots have baffles to meter air so enough comes in through the top slots too), past the outside of the heater (so the top slots help cool the outside of the heater), then into the gap between the beige PEEK and black PEEK at the bottom. The electronics and sensors are completely isolated from the oven area by a blue (presumably silicone) gasket just under the heater area. Confirmed all this by blowing ecig vapor through the heater from the top so I could see where it comes out.

Haven't taken the heater apart further as it would require desoldering the heater and sensor wires from the PCB below the gasket, and I don't want to do that at this point.

Venty%20airflow.jpg

Dr. G

Old Resident
Just received S&B email stating my replacement Venty is ready to be shipped along with tracking number. Yipeeeeeee
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stressed

my venty has been charging down for 24 hours now. it's almost dead but still has life in it. i just want to get this mess over with instead of jumping through hoops. their instructions were kind of vague to me.

• Once the update is successful (meaning that it has been drained) , you will be asked though a pop-up to reconnect your VENTY so that we can receive an update confirmation. If the pop-up does not appear, please refresh the site, click on “connect” and select your device again.
  • This last step is important to qualify for a replacement device.
what do they mean by "reconnect"? does it mean i should plug it in and let it charge a bit? will turning it on again once completely drained finish this proof to storz that i killed their useless $450 vape?? i've gone through 2 mightys and am on my 2nd volcano. this is unacceptable. just send me my new fucking toy. or better yet, a mighty plus. treating us like we are beta testers is annoying.

IMG-3447.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤔
their asses are on fire and they are wondering who is getting fired for this disaster. i don't see how they could tell us that they just found out about a dangerous problem and to brick their device. but hey, all is well after 2 weeks or so and happy days are here again. you don't fix hardware problems that fast.

Last edited:

Vapiathan

my venty has been charging down for 24 hours now. it's almost dead but still has life in it. i just want to get this mess over with instead of jumping through hoops. their instructions were kind of vague to me.

• Once the update is successful (meaning that it has been drained) , you will be asked though a pop-up to reconnect your VENTY so that we can receive an update confirmation. If the pop-up does not appear, please refresh the site, click on “connect” and select your device again.
what do they mean by "reconnect"? does it mean i should plug it in and let it charge a bit? will turning it on again once completely drained finish this proof to storz that i killed their useless $450 vape?? i've gone through 2 mightys and am on my 2nd volcano. this is unacceptable. just send me my new fucking toy. or better yet, a mighty plus. treating us like we are beta testers is annoying.
Simply reconnect. And perhaps you should hurry. Noone said that it should be drained. No idea if you can still do it or if it is too late when it is drained. The update is usually successful in seconds. 3 dots and the bt symbol mean the update was successful.

dude_de

Once the update is successful (meaning that it has been drained) ,
Not sure where you got the part in parentheses.

"Update is successful" means that the web app has downloaded the firmware update from S&B and installed it on your Venty. THAT is when the popup appears.

You should definitely connect the web app to your Venty while it still has power. Once it's drained, it's a dead brick.

mz

I was also confused by this and emailed them, this is what they said:

Please note, the update was successful if the display showed 3 dashes and the Bluetooth symbol, and the device can now no longer be switched on.

You know that the data transfer to STORZ & BICKEL was successful if the following message appeared in the WebApp after the update: "Your device will now discharge slowly".

stressed

Simply reconnect. And perhaps you should hurry. Noone said that it should be drained. No idea if you can still do it or if it is too late when it is drained. The update is usually successful in seconds. 3 dots and the bt symbol mean the update was successful.
like i said, the directions are a bit confusing to me. i did what they said to do, i got the 3 dashes and the other symbol. i never got a pop up. not a word about don't drain it completely. my logic told me to drain it completely or they would have stated in big bold letters to not drain it. it is well and truly dead now. it won't turn on even when i plugged it back in. like i said, just send me a new fucking vape and stop with this nonsense. imma go write them a nasty gram and demand my money back. i'm done.

Dr. G

Old Resident

Please note, the update was successful if the display showed 3 dashes and the Bluetooth symbol, and the device can now no longer be switched on.

You know that the data transfer to STORZ & BICKEL was successful if the following message appeared in the WebApp after the update: "Your device will now discharge slowly".
Thank you.

stressed

Not sure where you got the part in parentheses.

"Update is successful" means that the web app has downloaded the firmware update from S&B and installed it on your Venty. THAT is when the popup appears.

You should definitely connect the web app to your Venty while it still has power. Once it's drained, it's a dead brick.
I wrote the line in parentheses. the pop up never appeared. i watched it closely for hours. i

ok, thank you. i guess it worked then. i never connected to the web app as i didn't need it yet. unless the web app means when i turned it back on yesterday, that was the app that i connected to per their instructions. i'm confused, stoned, and need a joint.

it still flashes the 3 dashes and the other symbol once every minute or 2. a slow death. i didn't get an email from them so i was and still am a bit concerned if things worked well.

Top Bottom