• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizers To Be Banned In US Mail

Kins

Just another example of creating more laws to make things more restrictive for (mostly) law abiding citizens, when the underlying laws on the books aren't even enforced as intended in the first place...

That's what I say. It may make things difficult but this is not the end and the sky isn't falling.

Kins,
Reactions: BrianTL

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
It may make things difficult but this is not the end

Actually, it IS the end for a LOT of vape companies/distributors.

Here's a couple of links for you all to take action with :

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-vape-mail-ban-will-harm-public-health

https://casaa.org/call-to-action/keep-vape-mail-legal-reject-s-1253/

Here's some wording to help you better understand what vendors face:

This bill would prohibit the U.S. Postal Service from accepting packages of vapor products for delivery and would add vaping products to the PACT Act (Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act).

The PACT Act requires online retailers to collect state/local taxes before shipping orders, register with the federal government, and provide detailed information on a monthly basis to the tax department of each state it ships too – including the names and addresses of each customer.

While this is not an all-out ban on online sales, most small vapor businesses do not have the infrastructure or ability to comply with these rigorous requirements. Penalties for not complying with the PACT Act include up to three years in prison.

For the few who do, it would raise the cost of purchasing vapor products for people who depend on being able to have safer alternatives delivered to their door by requiring signature on delivery.

What happens to online purchases?
Banning USPS from shipping vapor products will force companies to use private carriers like FedEx* and UPS. In addition to these carriers being more expensive than USPS, they also do not deliver mail to all Americans. Private carriers routinely outsource deliveries to rural areas or neighborhoods they deem “dangerous” to USPS in order to cut costs. Removing USPS as an option means that some people will have no way of purchasing vapor products. For everyone else, it means they will pay higher prices and they’ll be forced to break social distancing rules because a signature will be required on delivery. Additionally, private carriers could eventually cave to political pressures and also ban the shipment of vapor products.

*FedEx recently announced it will be eliminating shipping of vapor products beginning in March 2021.

Can’t we just purchase in stores instead?

Not all consumers of vapor products have access to brick and mortar stores due to their health, disabilities, or even their location. And with PMTA enforcement around the corner, the selection of products deemed legal by the government will be so small that many stores won’t be able to survive.

Meanwhile, cigarettes will remain the most visible and widely accessible tobacco product in the history of the world.

Why are they doing this?
The supporters of this bill argue that preventing the shipment of vapor products will prevent teens from getting their hands on it, and reduce youth usage. What they don’t tell you is that less than 6% of youth report buying vapor products online, according to the CDC’s 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey. Most young people report getting vapor products and other age-restricted products from friends, family, and informal sources–sources that are about to become much more popular after September.

....And by the way, FedEx will ban all 'vape' products beginning in March 2021.

I hope this sheds some light on the reality that 'vape' distributors face.

Planck

believes in Dog
Meanwhile in the UK public health services encourage vape shops in hospitals. They realize that vaping in the safest and most effective stop smoking product to date.

World: USA you're backwards.
USA: Hold my beer.

And finally fuck FedEx and UPS.

Planck,
Reactions: C No Ego

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
It's awful that we as ex-smokers will probably see the option of vaping disappear in the U.S. sometime soon...

The wise move is to pay attention closely to this.

This is the most ridiculous post I've read this morning! LOL!

Your implications are absurd!

This will not kill vaping, not even close. The industry will evolve and your post is just doom and gloom fear mongering.

You sound like one of those macho gun nuts that likes to dress up in militia gear on weekends and play GI Joe,
"The gov'ment is trying to take my gun, y'all just wait and see!"
:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Army GIF by memecandy

FlyingLow,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
You sound like one of those macho gun nuts that likes to dress up in militia gear on weekends and play GI Joe,

Uhhh
Not only is that an unwarranted attack upon my person, it is horribly inaccruate.

Meanwhile, PAYPAL BANS ALL VAPE RELATED PAYMENTS.

More to come soon, I'm sure.

Thanks.

(It's not "doom-and-glooming' to state the facts.)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is the most ridiculous post I've read this morning! LOL!

Your implications are absurd!

This will not kill vaping, not even close. The industry will evolve and your post is just doom and gloom fear mongering.

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Army GIF by memecandy

This is not nice. You can disagree with someone's premise in a more respectful manner. Please remember our first rule.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
paypal-bans-vaping
That feeling when you realize your'e seeing history in the making, and history being made of VAPING.

Such a shame.

I imagine this PayPal ban is worldwide, as will be the March 2021 FedEX vape shipment ban.

Does anyone still doubt they're trying to kill vaping ? Note, I said 'trying', this is an effort being made from various fronts.

Admittedly, this began with nicotine containing e-cigarettes, but it's now spilling over into the cannabis sector as well.

More soon.

Gunky

Well this does leave cannabis consumers trying to avoid combustion and the vendors supplying us in the lurch to some extent, doesn't it? It's not a good situation and we all get hurt by this. Workarounds will appear, I'm pretty sure, but it's definitely a problem (and a shame). I don't know if vape manufacturers and vendors have an industry association? That might be a good venue to find strength in unity and work on lobbying lawmakers to carve out some place for dry herb vaporizers...

Last edited:
Gunky,

Vapefanatic

I wonder if desktop and especially modular Vapes like FP, Herbo, Vapbong, Supreme, Elevator or even butane Vapes like DV or Sticky Bricks, will be spared from this? Never heard of a plug in ecig or a bong shaped one? I may be wrong though. Pipes are still cool right? How do the chunks of metal, glass, coils and controller lead them to vapes? It looks more like lab equipments or custom parts to the untrained eye. Personally, I feel that they look like combustion equipments more than Vapes. DV and SBL even ships with a lighter! How are they gonna be classified as Vapes or ecigs if the product comes with a lighter? Perhaps all Vapes should be shipped with a lighter from now on? We'll even stop calling them Vapes altogether. Why not bakes? LOL

The 510 mods are screwed for sure imo. Anything that looks like an ecig or has a liquid chamber will have a tough time. Fortunately, not all makers are from US. Not great news but some consolation i guess. I think it's too obvious that this bill is "bought" by tobacco lobbyists. Perhaps cannabis Vapes are targeted too cos it has helped many quit smoking as well? I hope not.

I see all companies dropping the word Vape from now on. Gotta come up with a new industry term. Im guessing the new industry standard will be to ship without batteries for portables. New canna vape designs will steer clear of anything too symbolic of ecig vapes. It will try to be its own category. After all, the PACT act is a cigarette act in nature. If canna Vapes can steer clear enough to be in its own category, may have a fighting chance. Or i could be spewing total bs LOL

Either that, or Trump's Bank account in China is to manufacture ecigs and he wants a monopoly ROFL! Killing USPS shipments means most would be better off buying from China, shipping with DHL, UPS. Thats when we'll be buying Trump and Ivanka model vaporizers :lol: :lol: I'm totally joking!

Too baked. Sorry for the rant…

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: stark1

Planck

believes in Dog
The e-cig vapes as we know them were invented and developed by a chinese MD.
The vast majority of the manufacturers and innovators are chinese companies.
The rest of the world will continue vaping with or without the USA.
It's just another case of the ruling class fuckin you in the ass.

Planck,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Maybe you are right about new age e-cigs, but the invention happened way back in time :).
1610185531615.png

Vapefanatic

Invented yes, but definitely not as we know them. The early designs were pretty different and is nowhere like the ones we know today. The inventor and subsequent Ruyan ecigs were metal mesh burning into nylon fibers soaked with eliquid. It sold for a couple years until the tank system emerged and evolved till today. In between, the Joye 510 made its debut and was just one of several players in the market. No one knew 510 would become what it is today. An industry standard lol. Am revealing my age a little lol.

That's true but the US consumption of Vape products is likely No.1 in the world. Without the US market, It won't be good for anyone in terms of sales, cost and most importantly, innovation.
Hell yeah! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: florduh

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
The bullet point breakdown:

• USPS will not be shipping vapor products direct to consumers on or around April 27th.
  • FedEx has stated they will not ship vapor products starting March 1st
  • UPS has stated they will not ship vapor products on or after April 5th
  • DHL already restricts domestic shipping of vapor products

Yes this sucks.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here's my take on it all. Time will tell.

I have read a lot on this, but I have not found a statistic that shows what percentage of people with EVALI have been shown to have used a product with vitamin E acetate in it. I'd be willing to bet it is somewhere near 100%.

BuzzDanklin

I have read a lot on this, but I have not found a statistic that shows what percentage of people with EVALI have been shown to have used a product with vitamin E acetate in it. I'd be willing to bet it is somewhere near 100%.

I agree with you, and think it was much closer to or exactly 100%. Unfortunately I do not think we will ever get that statistic because the previously used products was often self reported from the patients. And I think it's safe to assume that some of the people in illegal states just claimed they only hit above ground e-cigs, when in reality they were hitting black market thc carts.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Cannabis-Oil-Vape-Cartridge1.jpg

Here's what NORML put out in August of 2019:

Thursday, 29 August 2019 – From NORML

Hanford, CA: California health officials have identified a link between the use of unregulated vapor cartridges and patients seeking hospitalization for respiratory distress. In each of the cases, patients presented symptoms of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and possessed a history of consuming either THC or CBD extracts via the use of unlicensed vapor cartridges.
The incidents highlight the potential risks associated with the use of certain unregulated cannabis products, NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano said. NORML has previously expressed concerns regarding the identification of adulterants and heavy metals in some unregulated cannabis extract products.
“Unregulated illicit market cannabis products, like products in an unregulated marketplace, are of variable quality and may put some consumers at risk,” Armentano said. “These incidents linked to the use of unregulated, illicit market vapor cartridges reinforce the need for greater market regulation, standardization, and oversight — principles which NORML has consistently called for in the cannabis space. Consumers must also be aware that not all products are created equal; quality control testing is critical and only exists in the legally regulated marketplace.”
Lab testing of vapor cartridge products in California have flagged various products in the past for impurities, leading to their removal from the marketplace.
A press release issued by the City of Hanford (CA), Department of Public Health advises, “f you are going to use cannabis or CBD oil or a combination of both, be cautious, and only purchase from a licensed retailer.”
The US Centers for Disease Control has recently identified cases in other states linked to the use of unregulated vapor cartridges or e-cigarette devices, including one fatality. The agency states: “Investigations into these cases are ongoing. … Even though cases appear similar, it is not clear if these cases have a common cause or if they are different diseases with similar presentations. … Investigators have not identified any specific product or compound that is linked to all cases.”
Updates from the CDC are available online.

This was early in the game, when EVALI didn't have its neat acronym.

Studies today describe an almost-certain link between vitamin E acetate, used to thicken inferior concentrates, and EVALI, the lung disease that cropped up in 2019. The practically indisputable proof showed that ILLICIT THC cartidges were to blame, and that NO REPORTS from LEGAL in-store purchases of concentrates in 'ecig' cartridge dispensers were invollvred.

It also came to light that a few LEGAL manufacturers were diverrting their inferior prodcuts that did not pass state testing to ILLEGAL manufacturing facilities, and then distributing them across USA. One such brand was called "Dank Vapes".

However, to tbhis day, 'e-cigarette devices' are being blamed, influencing people and policy makers regarding safe nicotine replacement therapies.

Now, the cannabis community is also being affected by this misinformation, with their devices also targeted.

So you probably all know this by now, but I figured I'd post it up in case someone missed all this.

Here's to hoping someone will be able to ship products after April 27th, 2021 !

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Other than the vendors who have acknowledged that they have dropped out or cut back because of the new PACT law (VPM for example) , are we aware of other vendors or customers who have experienced delivery problems yet? I haven't yet heard of anything not arriving as a result of PACT. So far it seems more like vendors don't want to take the chance there will be a problem. I don't know what penalty they might be exposed to.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
experienced delivery problems yet?

USPS failed to meet the deadline for drafting its rules concerning vape products, so USPS, as of this post, is still shipping vape products.
However, UPS, DHL, & FedEx have volunteered to ban vaping products, including nicotine in its raw form.

So, if the vendor is using USPS, then there are no delivery issues as of now.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Did a quick search and it is first mentioned in a Ploom thread back in 2010 and there is also this thread,lol.. :) Funny how this PACT shit is 10+ years old and now they decided to add to it some businesses that are probably struggling to survive.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
"The Legislation The federal Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act became effective on June 29, 2010. ... The Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act (2021 Omnibus Appropriations Bill H.R. 133 section 601) amends the definition of cigarette to include electronic nicotine delivery systems."

The law originally applied only to cigarettes. The new change to the law, effective immediately, is that it now applies to electronic devices.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is anyone aware of any shipments interrupted by application of the PACT act? I know some companies have made changes to avoid issues pertaining to this act, but I have not heard of anyone in the cannabis community who has been interfered with yet...

Top Bottom