Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects

noob100

I'M using my flower mate pro with green crack what is the best temp for it sorry if it's been asked before

noob100,

purplegrass

For myself, I quickly noticed the difference of effects. anything under 180 Celcius (or 350 F) gave me a very 'active' effect, I would make heaps of jokes and almost get in a trance while doing stupid dances lmao:rockon: and around 220 C (430 F) would make me just want to lay down and watch a good movie or listen to music and basically veg out lol, so basically more like combusting (but still pretty clear headed).

also I noticed: low temp= no munchies, high temp= food. NOW:goon:

Dan B

I've read this whole thread and learned quite a lot, thanks everyone! I'm still wondering about the claim that terpenes get destroyed at high temps. If this is so, are any of the by-products harmful?

Tranquility

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would say that the inhalation of terpenes in general is a major unknown factor regarding long term safety of vaporization.

Not to be controversial but I'm gonna be honest, been noticing quite a few longer term vaporists (7-10 years) who have more sensitive lungs than people I know with 40+ years of combustion. :uhoh: Most of us concentrate users on here have practically declared we can't do flower at all due to harshness. Makes you wonder.

:peace:

Tranquility

I would say that the inhalation of terpenes in general is a major unknown factor regarding long term safety of vaporization.

Not to be controversial but I'm gonna be honest, been noticing quite a few longer term vaporists (7-10 years) who have more sensitive lungs than people I know with 40+ years of combustion. :uhoh: Most of us concentrate users on here have practically declared we can't do flower at all due to harshness. Makes you wonder.

:peace:
As well, there is the non-specific "vaping" by a bunch of teens who developed *severe* lung issues.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-new...-severe-lung-damage-linked-to-possible-vaping

(Although, I suspect, it will be nicotine vaping and there is some problem with how the juice was mixed. Still, harm reduction, not elimination.)

Tranquility

Thanks for the links, gonna read them in a bit. So there really is merit in temp stepping compared to starting at a higher temp.
While what you say makes some sense, there are a lot of variables. I don't think the fact terpenes break down from heat (And other issues.) into other compounds leads to the idea temp-stepping is worth it either from a safety or a dose perspective.

(The first link shows specifics from heating a few terpenes. The second gives an overall view of the issue and factors that affect it and the last gives some of the dangers to such vapors in the general indoor environment.)

Tranquility,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ejackyou

Hamilton
I believe that 'temperature stepping' while 'micro dosing' is the way to go!
Enabling the best extraction from the Cannabis flower, for medicinal use. :science:
That's what both the Plenty and the Volcano are best for.
The chart I use gives a very good starting Reference in My personal experience.
Hopefully most who read these forums, take opinions with a grain of salt? :nope:

Vaporsmooth

Unapproved commercial account.
Does it change the recommended temperatures you should use with a vaporizer if you are in a much colder or warmer climate? For example using a vaporizer on a beach in Florida compared to a snow boarding in Whistler..

Vaporsmooth,

Tranquility

Does it change the recommended temperatures you should use with a vaporizer if you are in a much colder or warmer climate? For example using a vaporizer on a beach in Florida compared to a snow boarding in Whistler..
It shouldn't. The vape would just have to work harder to get and hold temp in the snow. For candy making, altitude can change things by about 2 degrees Fahrenheit per 1000 feet. I guess you could estimate the same reduction for the same effects between Whistler and Florida.

Vaporsmooth

Unapproved commercial account.
It shouldn't. The vape would just have to work harder to get and hold temp in the snow. For candy making, altitude can change things by about 2 degrees Fahrenheit per 1000 feet. I guess you could estimate the same reduction for the same effects between Whistler and Florida.
Perhaps just a quicker battery drain, or over heat risk in the two settings.

Vaporsmooth,

Tranquility

Perhaps just a quicker battery drain, or over heat risk in the two settings.
The temperature should make the battery drain faster in the colder place because it has to add more heat to bring the air up to temperature. You need less temperature if you are at altitude because the constituent elements will go to vapor easier under less pressure. How those interact would help determine how fast the battery drains.

Alexis

The temperature should make the battery drain faster in the colder place because it has to add more heat to bring the air up to temperature. You need less temperature if you are at altitude because the constituent elements will go to vapor easier under less pressure. How those interact would help determine how fast the battery drains.
Well it has been a very good few days for batteries in United Kingdom. :cool::D

Not so good for our recently harvested curing/drying Autoflowers though. :ugh:

Fortunately, it looks like batteries will have to start working a little harder again as of tomorrow (while my fridge-freezer gets a rest haha.)

Victarion

That's extremely interesting guys. Thanks for sharing.

On my side, very difficult to reproduce and experiment as the only vape I have is the vapman. What I can definitely tell you is that this vape allows :
1 - to microdose
2 - to get full spectrum using small flame, slow and long draw.

I've definitely noticed that the more I push the heat, the more "stone" I get. As already seen here, no matter the strain family type. The size of the bol, its shape (wok), the fact that is made out gold plated copper (high thermal conductivity) make this vape extremely sensitive to humidity of the content, exterior temperature, flame size, distance, heating time, draw speed... But after some practice I've realized that slow cooking, long session even with very very little amount can get me extremely medicated as it is easier to extract every bit.

I have the station as well and the station helps keeping the temperature to a certain range, I just need to find the place where the temperature equivalent are written on the vapman thread (300+ pages) and keep experimenting with it as it is more reliable than with the torch lighter. The torch can't be replaced only when used with other plant with different inhalation and combustion temperature.

Keep experimenting. Cheers,

CANtalk

I too get a different high from low temps compared to high temps. For it's ranges as a spectrum from 320F across to ~395 F+ temps. Lower temps are broadly speaking more cerebrally stimulating, high temps are more sedative (both cerebrally and physically) and there are a number of people who report similar results. And I really find large heat/temp differences massively different when dry vaping. One-hitter high heat dry vape draws punch me hard and very differently from low temp use. I've done this blind as well fwiw. I find the temp dependent trend so consistent that it occurs with all my strains (relatively speaking), from strong sativas to strong indicas.

Still everyone is different, and I don't doubt some people experience temp-dependent effects differently; so YMMV. I'm a microdoser now and I appear to be more sensitive to cannabis than most people too, further showcasing how we are all different on some levels.

I've been thinking about the topic of temp-dependent effects for the last few weeks while high; good thread. And a good way to sharing the enjoyment of cannabis while digging into a few details and seeing how we can experience things differently.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,

C No Ego

One thing to consider is the time it takes to get those molecules to escape their plant matter. Is it possible to step through the entire spectrum within one draw?
with vaping, the acidic form phytocannabinoids will release first and the more heavy /structured forms release later ( carbon neutral phytos ) ... that is one of the best reasons to dry herb vape because of delivery of those carbon active compounds in the beginning of session ... trying to ingest them All at once will leave many receptors filled while by[passing mucgh of the actives... we can only absorb so much @ any given moment... prolonging that absorption allows a slower onset and better absorption basically

C No Ego

Now that makes perfect sense @C No Ego .

the best way to increase absorption is to add as much oxygen as possible during the process to " Cavitate " the cellular lining somewhat and allow more entry of the actives via COX/LOX metabolism ( oxygenating lipids) . this is more involved than a one off and takes more time ETC ... I've had some vape sessions where I tried to hurry the process and for some reason that made the vapor really harsh on the throat ... a more slow ( milkshake) draw seems to work best for most vapes ( conduction/convection portables) ETC....

Top Bottom