• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

maremaresing

Wow, I still need to get brave with my handcarved and a torch. What lighter do you use? All of mine don't like being inverted.

It's hindsight, but you could have probably saved the important components and DIY'd it. But it doesn't matter because now you have a bronze sherlock and the VG is not an expensive vape at all.

maremaresing,
Reactions: OF

caseball2051

caseball2051,

Maryland Vapor

Hey, just an update.

I've been out of town for a bit, taking care of family business, and I was space limited in my travels. Brought the Sherlock with me, and a Dynavap M as a backup. The first several days, I used the Sherlock exclusively, and discovered that while I fairly quickly got the hang of it(with both soft flame and torch) it just doesn't seem to suit my vaping style. The "muscle memory" from decades of dugout use is just too strong.

Spent most of the last couple weeks hitting the M natively. Seemed like old times.....

Maryland Vapor,

seki

I came across an electric lighter that I think has some possibility in terms of usage with a Vapor Genie. I was wondering if anyone with VG experience could chime in with their thoughts on whether or not something like this could be viable to use? My main concern is potentially the arc hitting the stainless portion of the bowl causing damage to the lighter:

OF

I came across an electric lighter that I think has some possibility in terms of usage with a Vapor Genie. I was wondering if anyone with VG experience could chime in with their thoughts on whether or not something like this could be viable to use? My main concern is potentially the arc hitting the stainless portion of the bowl causing damage to the lighter:
Yes, it's been tried (by a fair number of folks). And no, it doesn't work. These guys provide a tiny percentage of the heat needed. Enough to trigger combustion, but the combustion has to add the additional heat needed to get to vaping temperature. Consider how small the battery is?

Not to worry, though, I seriously doubt such hitting metal would damage the lighter.

Regards to all.

OF

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, nope. LoLz :razz:

Ramahs,

Ramahs

I'm torn between the Spiral Walnut Hand Carved and the Bronze Sherlock.

Ramahs,

Ramahs

Having both, I strongly recommend the Big Bronze one. It's my 'go to' VG, I haven't used the Walnut one in a year or more. The Bronze one is cooler.....both in temperature of use as well as being the other kind of cool.....

Regards to all.

OF

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :tup:
It's out of stock now, unfortunately. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Ramahs,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Man this thread brings back memories!

I started with the classic VG and turned my buddy on to it - its still one of his faves. The last one I had was the SS Coil and that thing is a banger!
I might have to get another one in my rotation :D

Glad to see they are still kicking!

caseball2051

The bronze sherlock is a great piece of equipment. I was lucky enough to snag one on a whim a few months ago.

After using the bronze version i'd never go back to my wooden version. The difference is quite noticeable and the experience is far superior in the bronze unit.

caseball2051,

Ramahs

This is nice of them.
They offer free screens whenever you need them, and don't even charge shipping for them :clap:

Ramahs,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since nobody mention it... the Glass Bat is amazing, I have a Classic and a Coil but the Glass Bat is my favourite. Especially using it with a 2 flames torch, this sort of torch provides a faster heating but the best part is the added turbulences this 2 flames brings on the table... this is means more efficiency, bigger hits and less stirs... that's a fun vaping tool!

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Man, I just picked up a SS Coil for nostalgia sake, and its truly like riding a bike.

3+ years away and I can rip that thing (with zero combustion) with a lighter or a torch.

I've always kind of compared my VG(s) with my other 'auto-pilot' vapes - Its akin to driving an automatic transmission vs. a manual. You never really forget ;)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I really enjoy my aluminum pipe VaporGenie.
Old post, but same sentiment.
Below:
6:00 A.M. Wake up call (taken this morning, after I was reminded about this tool)
Photo-on-12-8-21-at-9-50-PM.jpg

hillbill

Almost embarrassing to have my Aluminum Vapor Genie in my daily rotation but it is such a hard and awesome hitter. Got it when the new heavier version appeared.
Right now it’s Arizer Air OG, Vapor Genie Aluminum and Underdog in the evening. Occasionally I do a few rounds with a couple fast warmup Flowermate V5.0 S.

almost there

It’s not often I break out the VG these days but it never disappoints when I do. It’s finally occurred to me why I don’t use it more, it’s all those freaking threads. I love everything about the ritual other than the constant screwing on and off of the heater to stir. A magnetic heater section would be a godsend.

coolbreeze

Just tried my OG glass Sherlock for the first time: I love this vape! Easy to use, great vapor quality & volume. Now, off to read the thread.
Whew! This thing hits about as hard as a truck! I'm finding it easy to control, getting crazy, oversized hits. Been using just the heater on various adapters through water to great effect, no matter the bowl depth. Not sure if I'm simply late to the party or if I've rediscovered the Lost Vape of the Ages. Holy cow!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Vapenvy

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Yeh for sure. Definitely more temperamental and prone to hotspots, but that can be partially remedied with a little modding. I've put some small stainless balls on top of the ceramic filter, held in place by a mesh screen. Makes it more forgiving and distributes the heat more evenly.

GoldenBud

Yeh for sure. Definitely more temperamental and prone to hotspots, but that can be partially remedied with a little modding. I've put some small stainless balls on top of the ceramic filter, held in place by a mesh screen. Makes it more forgiving and distributes the heat more evenly.
why not glass beads? i remember my old VG (gave to a friend) did well with boro beads, but, now that you're saying beads on top of the ceramic, it's really interesting, never tried that! they were always below the ceramic

GoldenBud,

coolbreeze

Oh, yeah! I read that the regular ones are a little touchy to torch, but the glass sherlock (and more importantly, the sherlock's top) works like a charm. The Sherlock's top is a std 18mm fitting, so you can use it in any 18mm bowl you have. It's super easy to torch--probably easier than a brick--and it pumps out whatever you want it to. $45 for the top: get a fantastic vape for next to...cheap.

Edit: As a lover of many brick-style torch vapes, I don't say it lightly. I love the bricks for more than just their function (although I find that top-notch). And while the glass sherlock pipe is really a very nice j-hook/pipe, it's no Brick. The top, of course, is just a little glass plug with not much aesthetic other than the purely utilitarian, but boy, does it util.

Last edited:
Top Bottom