VaporGenie

sockamodo

westcoastr said:
sockamodo said:
I have a question for people who got the Stainless Steel Coil Bat VG. On the end of the pipe where you apply the flame, how big is the hole? Is it as wide as it shows it on the site I can see the hole kinda, but I'm wondering is the hole that big hole on the end or does is there a wall inside that hole that has a smaller intake hole that I can't see.
Pics please?
I'm just asking this cuz I wanna know how hard is it to bring the flame in right without touching the filter.

My camera's on the fritz, but here's the measurements of the intake end:

At the very end, it's 9/16" / 14mm wide (inside measurement). The intake end is a coil within a coil, so it slants inward to about 7/16" / 11mm wide. The filter is about 1.75"/ 19mm away from the opening. Your flame would have to be pretty big to get it to touch the filter.

Back on the topic of heat efficiency: now that i've been using the Coil for about a week, i find i'm using maybe a bit smaller flame (maybe 3/4" to 7/8" as opposed to 1"). And compared to the aluminum bat, it seems it takes fewer pulls to get everything evenly vaporized.
alright that sounds good thanks n are the measurements 9/16" and 14mm equal to eachother or do they make the full measurement? sorry im not good with measurements
edit: nvm i get it the filter is pretty far away just ordered it and m pretty comfortable with my purcase

sockamodo,

sockamodo

ThCombustion said:
Hi all, just got the vapor genie. I can't get the technique down. Any tips? I know to search. I have. I usually only get one or two finds that way. Just looking for some quick tips on how to get good results.
hows ur progress with the technique going? what kind of vapor genie did u get?

sockamodo,

ThCombustion

sockamodo said:
ThCombustion said:
Hi all, just got the vapor genie. I can't get the technique down. Any tips? I know to search. I have. I usually only get one or two finds that way. Just looking for some quick tips on how to get good results.

I have the classic. Idk, it's still hit and miss with the VG. I start out slow letting the air get hot and then start sucking faster so it doesn't burn. It has given the most consistent results. If there is a better way, I'd like to hear it.

ThCombustion,

sockamodo

ThCombustion said:
sockamodo said:
ThCombustion said:

I have the classic. Idk, it's still hit and miss with the VG. I start out slow letting the air get hot and then start sucking faster so it doesn't burn. It has given the most consistent results. If there is a better way, I'd like to hear it.
What I did the first time I used mine was a trial and error technique don't be afraid to get it really really hot and what I learned is it doesn't burn the same way as regular combustion smoking, even when it gets really hot. With combustion smoking ur putting the flame straight on ur weed and it destroys and gets in ur lungs then u exhale which is where a lot of the smell comes from. With this even when it gets super hot it just turns black unless u hold it on for like 20 seconds. In my opinion theres a lot of bias in the vaporizing community and I dont like to associate myself with any of these people. U gotta feel the air get really hot almost comparable to smoking use common sense and its supposed to taste like similar to popcorn because popcorn and weed both release oils when they get heated up. Ur not even hitting just because its vaporizing doesn't mean that its gonna taste great people gotta be realistic but I'm not advocating getting it scorching hot or whatever. Don't be scared to get it really hot when u first learn ur technique or ul never get it. Oh u gotta be realistic about the dose of whatever ur vaporizing too I dont think that vaporizing gives u more with less just do the same amount that youd usually do if u smoked.
that six second rule thing or whatever should serve as a guide dont let it completely dictate every hit u take too that was the mistake I made for a while usually I can feel the hit the moment it gets in my throat but it might just be because I'm experienced.

sockamodo,

sockamodo

Empherio said:
I got the bat a couple of months ago and I've since put it away because of the reasons Charlie states. The fucker gets too hot to hold and it is mos def not stealthy to be hitting it with a flame for 30 sec or more (while wearing oven mitts), so forget car vaping. I'm new to vapery so this was a bitter disappointment.

I've since gotten an mflb, which certainly does address my stealth concerns, but doesn't seem to give me the effects I desire and juggling batts is likewise a pain. Today I broke out my old covered wooden pipe and got right baked, confirming that my herbage is proper, but still bringing me down cause I don't want to combust that shit anymore.

Iolite and Vapir NO2 are expensive and my research indicates they aren't more effective than the mflb anyway, so what do I do? Unfortunately, a nice home unit is not possible due to kidz, spouse, and suchlike.

BTW- this site is awesome.

Mod note: If you're asking for other vape suggestions, then you're off topic. This is the Genie thread.
how fast do u put draw the flame through I think if u go to slow most of the flame probably heats the everything but the ceramic

sockamodo,

momatik

ThCombustion said:
sockamodo said:
ThCombustion said:

My suggestion, get a torch. The bent arm one that gets posted on here all the time. Try your local headshop too. Get one, and get some high quality butane for tasty rips.

Tips with a torch:
-Keep the genie completely level
-Outer flame should get no closer than barely inside the metal part
-swirl around trying to cover the area but very slowly
-moderate pull (no need to go super slow like you would with bic)
-give it a solid 5-6 seconds remove flame
-maintain this moderate to slow pull for a while after removing flame

The thing is this is just general. With a torch, you can hold it much further, vary your draw speed, and still get great results. Although I wouldn't recommend bringing the outer blue flame any closer to the bowl than that. Remember that a clean bowl is required for even vaporizing i.e. cleaning off the stuff underneath the screen. Be patient and trust that it'll pay off. I used mine exclusively today. Never fails to get me where I need to be.

momatik,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
@Empherio the new top to the VG bat is suppose to be better at heat, i.e. it gets less hot and easier to hold.

lesvape,

djonkoman

momatik said:
ThCombustion said:
sockamodo said:

My suggestion, get a torch. The bent arm one that gets posted on here all the time. Try your local headshop too. Get one, and get some high quality butane for tasty rips.

Tips with a torch:
-Keep the genie completely level
-Outer flame should get no closer than barely inside the metal part
-swirl around trying to cover the area but very slowly
-moderate pull (no need to go super slow like you would with bic)
-give it a solid 5-6 seconds remove flame
-maintain this moderate to slow pull for a while after removing flame

The thing is this is just general. With a torch, you can hold it much further, vary your draw speed, and still get great results. Although I wouldn't recommend bringing the outer blue flame any closer to the bowl than that. Remember that a clean bowl is required for even vaporizing i.e. cleaning off the stuff underneath the screen. Be patient and trust that it'll pay off. I used mine exclusively today. Never fails to get me where I need to be.

I use the same technique, I found the 'window' between vaporizing and combustion is a lot larger with a torch, so with torch I never combust, with regular flame it's very easy to just go a little into cobustion by accident

djonkoman,

MG23

Relaxin'
sockamodo said:
anybody else get the stainless coil vg yet? what yall think about it?

I like it, a lot more than I ;iked my genie classic. Definitely $40 well spent.
That being said I still prefer my MFLB as a portable.

MG23,

sockamodo

MattyGTwenty3 said:
sockamodo said:

I like it, a lot more than I liked my genie classic. Definitely $40 well spent.
wow thats kool i wish i can review it but its staying at a homies house for now in another state. ive had the bat for a while it was my first genie never tried any classic vg design but the aluminum bat worked really good for me n i got a lot of vapor out of it. in like a week ima try it when i get back to cali

sockamodo,

MG23

Relaxin'
sockamodo said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
sockamodo said:

I like it, a lot more than I liked my genie classic. Definitely $40 well spent.
wow thats kool i wish i can review it but its staying at a homies house for now in another state. ive had the bat for a while it was my first genie never tried any classic vg design but the aluminum bat worked really good for me n i got a lot of vapor out of it. in like a week ima try it when i get back to cali

I haven't tried the bat, but I think you'll be happy with the coil when you get to try it man.

MG23,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Has anyone else ordered the space crickets offered on the vaporgenie site? I got some as a spontaneous afterthought when ordering my aluminum pipe last week. The package arrived at about 2:00 on 4-20, awesome! Anyway the space crickets are the coolest noisemaker ever, so if you're considering placing an order with vaporgenie, just cough up the extra $7 and have em thrown in some space crickets, you won't regret it, you can annoy everyone with these things, they are just great! By the way, the aluminum pipe is awesome, no one ever comments on it, but it's a wonderful piece. I have a classic, the aluminum bat and now the aluminum pipe. It's the only one I'll be using anymore I'm pretty sure. Love it!

Albert Hofmann,

sockamodo

Albert Hofmann said:
lesvape said:
Would you say the stainless pipe is more effective than the bat?
Couldn't say. I don't have a stainless pipe.
ya im finna try it soon i was wondering for those who got the stainless coil bat can u hold flame directly under the filter without breathing through it n have it heat up that way? would flint dust clog the filter? i mean not the flame directly touching the filter just heating the filter from under

sockamodo,

japdam

All right I ask everybody to share his thoughts on the usage of the pipe Vaporgenie. I have some question I was not able to make clear by the help of the search function. I have the Vapogenie handcarved version.

1) A half full OR a full bowl of weed, how many hits do you need?
2) How does fully vaporized weed look like, what are the visual attributes?
3) Have you ever used hash in combination with Vaporgenie? How does the handling differ?
4) If you inhale and lighting the bowl, how do get a constant temperature, if the heat is coming do you try to hold it or you inhale directly?

It would be great if somebody could answer my questions, in the meantime I try to improve my handling. Normally I smoke small portions of weed, just a spliff, I dont need much, since Iam using VG I think the portions are getting bigger but the effect is less in comparison. Well we will see :)

Thank you!
Japdam

japdam,

lwien

And, btw, all of the answers to those questions have already been answered here in this thread.

But I do have a question Max. Is there a way where we can do a search in a specific thread? If that could be accomplished, I think it would help out enormously.

lwien,

sockamodo

japdam said:
All right I ask everybody to share his thoughts on the usage of the pipe Vaporgenie. I have some question I was not able to make clear by the help of the search function. I have the Vapogenie handcarved version.

1) A half full OR a full bowl of weed, how many hits do you need?
2) How does fully vaporized weed look like, what are the visual attributes?
3) Have you ever used hash in combination with Vaporgenie? How does the handling differ?
4) If you inhale and lighting the bowl, how do get a constant temperature, if the heat is coming do you try to hold it or you inhale directly?

It would be great if somebody could answer my questions, in the meantime I try to improve my handling. Normally I smoke small portions of weed, just a spliff, I dont need much, since Iam using VG I think the portions are getting bigger but the effect is less in comparison. Well we will see :)

Thank you!
Japdam
1:i use a full bowl n it depends on the quality of it if its gonna last longer or not. better quality has more oils i think.
2:when i vape i get it from green 2 light brown then progress to darker til its almost black, il post a picture later
3:no i havent used hash in it yet
4. stop right there. i cant stress enough how everybody gets too caught up with this it will fuck u up just keep the flame on and suck normal, not too slow, cuz u wont even heat it up that good cuz the flame heat cant get to it, n not extremely fast. keep the inhalation constant and it will gradually heat up. i usually can feel the vapor as it starts happening i think u should pay attention to the flavors more than anything n i find it really hard to burn in the first place since ur not putting the flame directly on it. there is a difference between this n smoking cuz when u smoke the flame directly hits the weed wich destroys it n the material actually gets in ur lungs then u exhale, which is cause for the smell. imo a lot of people on this thread, who i don't associate myself with, arent satisfied with the genie because they have a completely wrong idea about it. vaporizing isnt supposed to be this flavorful miracle alternative to smoking. ya its more heatlhier for you, but a lot of people say that if it tastes like popcorn, ur putting the heat on way too long. its supposed to taste like popcorn imo or rather coming from my common sense and experience with this because i think that popcorn and weed cook the same way. they both release some natural oils when they get to a certain temp n i think that would explain it. u cant burn ur weed in a vaporgenie unless u hold it for like 20 to 30 seconds, which ive never done, and i am guessing it would probably destroy, but you really have to be determind to completely destroy it.I have the aluminum bat n soon to have the stainless coil. it can get really hot then get black, but it just doesnt happen the same way as regular combustion smoking. i think this vaporizes really well and all i have to say is if ur first starting out with a vaporgenie, n u focus too much on not burning it, u wont get anything. work from a little on the too hot side then ul know. it takes a warm up hit, but after that ul know when u actually get a hit. im just saying cuz i can get hits that make me choke, then i look back at the bowl n i can still hit it about 10 more times at least on a full bowl. plus i never get a long term cough either.

sockamodo,
Just got my Glass VG with Ryot case thanks to a great forum member, and my initial impressions are very good. The build quality of the glass pipe portion seems rather high, the case is fantastic, the vaporization is even and tasty.

I have only used a jet lighter, as they are better in virtually every regard, including taste, fuel efficiency and wind resistance. I kind of wish the bowl portion were like a quarter inch farther down from the glass on glass joint, so the bowl would be more visible and also burning would be less likely.

I think it might be slightly overpriced at retail and that's what scares people away, but it really is a great vaporizer. Concentrates should work amazingly.

This is far and away my favorite vaporgenie model yet, but that's predictable, a glass piece is the ultimate place for the VG to arrive at. Except the VG glass on glass bowl, which due to a crazt plot to not make money, has never been produced.

Dumb bonus as well, the VG top is really nothing more than a 18mm to 14.4mm flush-mount adapter, with a bit of an unusually short male portion, So you could actually pop out the filter and use as an adapter if you didn't have one already.

charliedontsurf,

crawdad

floatin
glass has its own thread fwiw, glad you like it...i think its awesome as well and plan to toss that top on a bong one of these days. i find i do less of the "close to combustion" with a bic lighter than a torch, but thats me.

crawdad,

japdam

sockamodo said:
1:i use a full bowl n it depends on the quality of it if its gonna last longer or not. better quality has more oils i think.
2:when i vape i get it from green 2 light brown then progress to darker til its almost black, il post a picture later
3:no i havent used hash in it yet
4. stop right there. i cant stress enough how everybody gets too caught up with this it will fuck u up just keep the flame on and suck normal, not too slow, cuz u wont even heat it up that good cuz the flame heat cant get to it, n not extremely fast. keep the inhalation constant and it will gradually heat up. i usually can feel the vapor as it starts happening i think u should pay attention to the flavors more than anything n i find it really hard to burn in the first place since ur not putting the flame directly on it. there is a difference between this n smoking cuz when u smoke the flame directly hits the weed wich destroys it n the material actually gets in ur lungs then u exhale, which is cause for the smell. imo a lot of people on this thread, who i don't associate myself with, arent satisfied with the genie because they have a completely wrong idea about it. vaporizing isnt supposed to be this flavorful miracle alternative to smoking. ya its more heatlhier for you, but a lot of people say that if it tastes like popcorn, ur putting the heat on way too long. its supposed to taste like popcorn imo or rather coming from my common sense and experience with this because i think that popcorn and weed cook the same way. they both release some natural oils when they get to a certain temp n i think that would explain it. u cant burn ur weed in a vaporgenie unless u hold it for like 20 to 30 seconds, which ive never done, and i am guessing it would probably destroy, but you really have to be determind to completely destroy it.I have the aluminum bat n soon to have the stainless coil. it can get really hot then get black, but it just doesnt happen the same way as regular combustion smoking. i think this vaporizes really well and all i have to say is if ur first starting out with a vaporgenie, n u focus too much on not burning it, u wont get anything. work from a little on the too hot side then ul know. it takes a warm up hit, but after that ul know when u actually get a hit. im just saying cuz i can get hits that make me choke, then i look back at the bowl n i can still hit it about 10 more times at least on a full bowl. plus i never get a long term cough either.

thanks for your reply!

a) would be great if you could post a picture of vaporized weed. I mean if it gets almost black, than you probably have burned it?
b) my experiences with hash are ambivalent and unsatisfying, first and foremost it is difficult to decide when the shit over, it gets more and more sticky, probably I havent finished it really.
c) if i get you right (i am not an native speaker) then you stress, that it is really difficult to burn the weed, except if you fire the bowl extensively. The smell varies and if it smells like popcorn it not necessarily burned.
d) as I told, I think i vapor more weed in the VG than i would put in a joint. Maybe it is newbie problem and it depends on my efficiency. What do you think about consumption and effect using VG? Yes of course it depends always on the quality of material and the way u use the VG, but ...

japdam,

sockamodo

IMG00991.jpg

its crappy because its off my blackberry but i can get a better pic soon im just outta weed
id say this is good but u wanna take ur time getting to this color. its slightly burnt i guess but it just doesnt burn the same way as regular combustion smoking with the flame in direct contact with the weed.
@japdam i think this is the way u would want to vape ur weed because u know u get everything n its still healthy in my opinion n u get all the thc u can get.

sockamodo,
Top Bottom