VaporGenie

Trouser

Vaporgenie in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMeFsUHkbF4

Colibri Morpheus II pipe lighter
MORPHEUSMARBLESOFTTORCHFLAME4.JPG

MORPHEUSMARBLESOFTTORCHFLAME.JPG

MORPHEUSMARBLESOFTTORCHFLAME2.JPG

http://buy.ebay.co.th/buying/id/dis...DOUBLE-PIPE-FLAME--GIGAR-FLAME-LIGHTER-80-NEW

Trouser,
Reactions: Egzoset

lwien

That vapor cloud hung around a bit too long. Looks like there was some smoke in there.

lwien,

monkey vision

Hey guys,

I recently came to the realization that I, and my wife, are glass snobs. I'm getting an extreme for home use but I need a portable. Anyone try the glass vapor genies? On top of the cleaner taste, it seems like it might be easier to use as you can see the vaporization process. Seems like it would also get hot as fuck, which I can deal with to a certain degree. $100 though? Hmmm....Anyone with experience care to chime in?

monkey vision,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
That vapor cloud hung around a bit too long. Looks like there was some smoke in there.
Probably just the lighting.

His technique seemed pretty good, I wouldn't expect it to scorch after that kind of hit.

Chubba,

lwien

Chubba said:
Probably just the lighting.

His technique seemed pretty good, I wouldn't expect it to scorch after that kind of hit.
Unless the bowl was pre-heated before he took the hit.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
That is indeed the difference :)

I found that vapor can linger for an abnormally long time in really good lighting.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, only he knows whether it was tasty green or smelly burnt popcorn :ninja:

Chubba,

owin

Chubba said:
That is indeed the difference :)

I found that vapor can linger for an abnormally long time in really good lighting.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, only he knows whether it was tasty green or smelly burnt popcorn :ninja:
yeah i've had vapor stay in the air for quite a while. Obviously it doesn't stay as long as smoke but i've seen vapor in the air after 5 minutes.

owin,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
^^^ yeah I've seen vapor stay in a room for at least that long (5 or so minutes) if you have the right lighting too see it... and I am not taking about using my VG either... i think vape is always visible if the lighting is right... just takes alot longer too dissipate than most people actually think

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
^^^ yeah I've seen vapor stay in a room for at least that long (5 or so minutes) if you have the right lighting too see it...
Wow. Learn something new every day. I never saw vapor hang around that long.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah I've actually had nice sessions with most of my vapors that I notice in a dark room with only a the glow from computer moniter, and you can see it hanging in the air in thin wisps almost barely enough too see across the whole room, but if you turned on the rooms light, you wouldnt be able too see a thing....
and I've pretty much noticed it using all of the vapes I own...
and I am not scorching my weed.... i normally vape it until its a nice golden color, few shades away from brown so I can use it too make fun stuff later
and as far as being in a confined space with a vape.... I've had people be able too smell when i used my VG or my Iolite in my car ten-twenty minutes after i've used it... but I think thats because of the lingering vape sticking too the fabrics in my car... i've also had police officers make claims of smelling weed coming from my car during a couple of traffic stops, to which I've claimed having no idea what they were talking about only having vaped a few minutes before pulling over (so between my friends and the cops, I know there is a small period of time that my car will smell ever so slightly, so I carry around a can of ozium or crack my window a tiny bit)
still love the hell out of my VG, I'm of the opinion that all of the vapes i own each have their own time and place of usage... my VG is my quick out in public piece when I don't have the time too sit down for 5+ minutes

DevoTheStrange,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
You got to hit a vape in SUPERB lighting to really witness it's full power.

3-4pm, sun DIRECTLY filling my entire bedroom... it literally turns into a vapor compression session, mist lingering all over the place. I'm talking so much god damn sun you can see the dust particles come off the carpet when you step on it.

Normal lighting/computer lighting, disappears in 2 - 3 seconds.

Chubba,

winston856

It's here! My VG arrived to my home on the west coast from the east coast in 2 days, quick shipping!

Got the green VG classic with the elio lighter. However I work @ 3pm so I'll have to wait until later to try the VG :/

winston856,

lwien

winston856 said:
It's here! My VG arrived to my home on the west coast from the east coast in 2 days, quick shipping!

Got the green VG classic with the elio lighter. However I work @ 3pm so I'll have to wait until later to try the VG :/
Long, slow draws with the flame never dipping into the pipe any more than about eighth of an inch. It may take two draws to get your first hit. With a bit of patience, you'll be a VG pro in no time. Enjoy.

lwien,

winston856

lwien said:
winston856 said:

Long, slow draws with the flame never dipping into the pipe any more than about eighth of an inch. It may take two draws to get your first hit. With a bit of patience, you'll be a VG pro in no time. Enjoy.
Mouthpiece in or out? Does it just pull out with some force?

winston856,

lwien

winston856 said:
lwien said:
winston856 said:

Mouthpiece in or out? Does it just pull out with some force?
Screws out pretty easily. I use the mouthpiece. Some here say it's better without. I have the classic so it's a bit short anyway. The mouthpiece adds a bit of length and helps cool the vapor a bit.

lwien,

Trouser

I've had my carved vaporgenie for a week and i just use it for tobacco. I was intially disapointed with it, either getting little vapor or vapor mixed with smoke, then i read a tip somewhere that works a treat. Start by drawing in very slow until the ceramic filter heats up and you feel the air has turned from warm to hot, then remove the flame and draw in very hard for as long as you can, sensing the air temp rising and then falling as you suck the heat out of the ceramic filter, creating vapor until it cools too much. Removing the flame before drawing hard simplified the learning process for me, as the temperature isn't fluctuating as you are inhaling, and all you have to do is pick the right temp to start drawing hard. The more draws you take, the less initial preheat is needed to reach vaporisation temperature. I love it now and rarely get any smoke.

Trouser,

winston856

I'm going to try that method next Trouser :)

I had two bowls of herb left so I vaped them both. I did over do it on a couple draws and coughed out a lot of vapor/smoke. The first bowl was black in the middle and brown on the outside. The second bowl was brown all around so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I'll start to draw but I don't feel anything warm until about halfway through my lung capacity then the air turns warm which is when I guess I'm getting vapor. The above method seems like it would work pretty well so I'm gonna aim to try it today.

winston856,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Gotta be careful when doing that with Herb compared too tobacco... good way to cause it to combust if your draw is too hard... this is normally what happens when I give it too people who are not used too the VG, burns a black spot right through the middle of the herb... dunno bout tobacco though, nicotine makes me jittery.

DevoTheStrange,

Trouser

vlcsnap00001e.jpg

From vaporbrothers video, i can't imagine an electric vaporiser could be that much better than a vaporgenie. 10 draws is the best i could get before things turned nasty.

Update: From Vaporbrothers promotional video, so is probably bullshit.

Trouser,

max

Out to lunch
Don't get caught up in counting hits Trouser. It's a waste of time. I can get 20 hits from a PD bowl if they're small enough. I could also clear the same bowl with 1 or 2 hits. ;)

max,

Trouser

I am currently vaporising a mix of rolling tobacco with a Damiana, Passionflower, Bearberry, Sage and Rosem herb blend. I can still get vapour after taking around 10 full draws but it doesn't taste very good after 3 or 4. So i guess with the right technique, the Vaporgenie could probably do as good a job as the Vaporbrothers if you felt it neccessary to get everything possible out of a bowl regardless of vapor quality.

Using boiling water, i flushed the filter, screen and pipe body, removing a heap of built-up muck and it seems to be performing a lot better and producing vapor much easier.

I find it to be a more satisfying experience than using my e-cigarette.

Regarding the youtube video showing excessive vapor, since i switched from pulling apart and vaporising the tobacco from cigarettes, to packets of shredded rolling tobacco, i have been getting at least three times as much visible vapor, but that is due to the rolling tobacco being moist, and it is mostly just the water content that is adding all the visible vapor, not the vaporised oils etc.

Trouser,

winston856

So I've got a few bowls under my belt now with the VG and I seem to have the hang of it.

Following what Trouser suggested and draw in slowly until the air turns warm then quickly nets me near perfect bowls every time. I get 3 maybe 4 draws off a bowl before it's done, and those are pretty big vapor clouds.

Really like this thing :D

winston856,

runner

Basshead
winston856 said:
So I've got a few bowls under my belt now with the VG and I seem to have the hang of it.

Following what Trouser suggested and draw in slowly until the air turns warm then quickly nets me near perfect bowls every time. I get 3 maybe 4 draws off a bowl before it's done, and those are pretty big vapor clouds.

Really like this thing :D
Trouser's way seems to be recommended by many people. I can't wait to get one of these, I just need to get some money together. I've had many stressful days where I wished I had it already lol. I've considered smoking, but I'm holding out 'til I get the Genie.

runner,

winston856

runner said:
Trouser's way seems to be recommended by many people. I can't wait to get one of these, I just need to get some money together. I've had many stressful days where I wished I had it already lol. I've considered smoking, but I'm holding out 'til I get the Genie.
It's really different than smoking. I can rip bowl after bowl and get stoned but I'm still able to function really well as opposed to smoking the same amount I'd be worthless almost.

Good for work or early/mid day.

If you inhale with enough pressure so there's a "wooshing" sound then that's about the right speed and gets great vapor clouds without torching the bowl.

winston856,
Top Bottom