VaporGenie

The_Algebraist

Ugh. I totally dig the glass version but I think that I'm gonna go the classic version. Not to many people smoking tobacco from glass pipes in public.

Did ya'll order up a vector lighter when you pulled the trigger on a VG? I have a ginormous can of Vector butane from my long-gone IO and have been wondering what the malone to do with it.

The_Algebraist,

owin

The_Algebraist said:
Ugh. I totally dig the glass version but I think that I'm gonna go the classic version. Not to many people smoking tobacco from glass pipes in public.

Did ya'll order up a vector lighter when you pulled the trigger on a VG? I have a ginormous can of Vector butane from my long-gone IO and have been wondering what the malone to do with it.
vector the ones VG shows on their site? i just use cheap bic lighters. the electronic ones suck so i just use the regular old lighters.

owin,

lwien

The_Algebraist said:

Yeah, I did but I'm not happy with it. Inconsistent flame and the button is beginning to hang. They make good fuel, but if I had to do it over again, I'd get something else. My el cheapo clicker (2 bucks and has a compass, an led flashlight and a decoder ring inside) works better.

lwien,

owin

lwien said:
My el cheapo clicker (2 bucks and has a compass, an led flashlight and a decoder ring inside) works better.
that lighter sounds awesome. :cool:

owin,

The_Algebraist

Do you fellas know of other good, high-end brands that produce Piezoelectric ignition lighters? Lwien, do you think if this?ll be the case with other brands of Piezoelectric ignition lighters?

You know, cuz on the VG site they make Bic lighters and such sound kinda scary.

The_Algebraist,

owin

The_Algebraist said:
Do you fellas know of other good, high-end brands that produce Piezoelectric ignition lighters? Lwien, do you think if this?ll be the case with other brands of Piezoelectric ignition lighters?

You know, cuz on the VG site they make Bic lighters and such sound kinda scary.
i don't really know about the health side of it but i do know that i hated using the electric ignition lighters. they don't seem to get as hot as the cheap bic lighters. i would inhale for like 30 seconds and get nothing but a burnt lip. they do say on their site to not use regular bic lighters because you will be inhaling rare earth metals. i dunno i just want it to work the best that it can so i just switched to bic flint lighters. now what to do with all these damn electric ones?

owin,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
see to me it looks like a failed design because having the bowl be MUCH larger than the original only means you need more heat...and you would need to stir it more frequently. disgust I can hear the stories flooding FC now "Well I went to pull off the bowl top to stir my greens when I suddenly realized how fucking hot the glass gets so I dropped the piece on my cement floor sad "
you take the filter off to stir? ive just been shaking it between hits then occasionally checking the abv, and it gets very evenly cooked, no need to manually stir just shake that sucker!

a word on the mouthpiece, its a great learning aid, i see it as kind of a "training wheels" thing, but once you learn proper flame placement and breath technique, you should definately lose it

Acolyte of Zinglon,

lwien

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
a word on the mouthpiece, its a great learning aid, i see it as kind of a "training wheels" thing, but once you learn proper flame placement and breath technique, you should definately lose it
Do you also suggest that for the "classic". Being that it is pretty short, losing the mouthpiece on that one might not only cause your left eye to see what your right eye should be seeing and visa versa, but things could get a bit toasty, no?

lwien,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
im not sure, there is an extra inch or so on the handcarved, but im not sure how much more that cools the vapor. the biggest advantage to removing the mouthpiece is that you dont have to make your lungs work as hard to get a consistant draw rate

my vg's vapor stream really doesnt get any hotter than my pd's when im in the correct temperature range. i spent a while vaping just below combustion, but now im vaping the duff to just about the same color and consistency as the pd does

Acolyte of Zinglon,

owin

i just tried it with no mouthpiece. got really hot and hurt my lips. it is a little easier and faster to get a hit but it makes your lips a bit toasty.

owin,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've taken the mouthpiece off my VG, and attached a clear plastic tube about 5 inches long (of which a half inch or so is over the wood mouthpiece). Frankly, I can see much better (wearing glasses and all), but I find it is easier to use a lighter, especially a torch.

So many ways, so little time.......

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4669/vgwithtube.jpg

macbill,

runner

Basshead
Is the VG site the only place to order exotics? Also how can I order a damaged one? That discount sounds nice.

runner,

Jikaboom123

Just got a green genie. This thing is rocking. I burnt it once, my friend is already a pro at it. I got super high off it. Damn, never would have thought.

Jikaboom123,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Runne,r order off the VG site.

Very fast processing and shipment, zero problems.

Chubba,

owin

macbill said:
I've taken the mouthpiece off my VG, and attached a clear plastic tube about 5 inches long (of which a half inch or so is over the wood mouthpiece). Frankly, I can see much better (wearing glasses and all), but I find it is easier to use a lighter, especially a torch.

So many ways, so little time.......

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4669/vgwithtube.jpg
i like that. might have to try that myself.

owin,

The_Algebraist

you guys rocking the classic or the handcarved? I'm also thinking of getting a tshirt haha.

ps. what is the "special payments" option on their site, under "products"??

The_Algebraist,

lwien

Classic here.

Special payments is, is if you want to send them cash.

lwien,

owin

I have the classic one too. Only because I was too impatient to order the handcarved online. I will get a handcarved eventually because they look awesome.

owin,

Jikaboom123

Am I the only FC member with a green one?

My new, portable vaping kit:

qq7l2w.jpg

Jikaboom123,
Top Bottom