Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Dan W, you are the man! I know youll see this eventually. Since Dan joined vaporfection the customer service has seriously been the best in the business.

Anyway, im posting this because Dan just contacted me through email. He saw my previous post (yes he still browses the forum) about shipping and knows my FC account so he sent me an email to mention that the above shipping price is a glitch and is for international shipping. Once i put in my zip code i had the option of choosing free shipping or UPS 3 day for 18.76. So its still a steal!

Mynameismud,
Reactions: ugobo

UnixRasta

Yeah but they charge $60 shipping, vapeworld had free shipping. I was only thinking about getting it as a back up because i thought $289 was a steal. But they dont have it anymore so I thats no longer an option and i just got mine fixed so its like brand new anyway

So it looks like Dan got this sorted out, that is good.
As I just mentioned in another thread the unthinkable happened:
I got an Arizer Solo and THAT is now my primary home vape.
I have not touched the vV2 since getting the Solo.
I was so impressed with the vV2 I thought it would be my primary for quite a while.
It pays to experiment...

UnixRasta,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So it looks like Dan got this sorted out, that is good.
As I just mentioned in another thread the unthinkable happened:
I got an Arizer Solo and THAT is now my primary home vape.
I have not touched the vV2 since getting the Solo.
I was so impressed with the vV2 I thought it would be my primary for quite a while.
It pays to experiment...
Did you ever get the temp issue sorted out? I got the solo a while back and it got used alot when i first got it mainly because i was lazy and its quicker/no noise when using the solo. And also because i did not have a hose adapter for my bubbler. However i ended up getting a hose adapter and just prefer the taste and less restrictive draw of the vV so much more that i eventually sold my solo

Mynameismud,

UnixRasta

Did you ever get the temp issue sorted out? I got the solo a while back and it got used alot when i first got it mainly because i was lazy and its quicker/no noise when using the solo. And also because i did not have a hose adapter for my bubbler. However i ended up getting a hose adapter and just prefer the taste and less restrictive draw of the vV so much more that i eventually sold my solo

I never continued to pursue the temp issue when someone else chimed in and said that they
saw the same types of unexpectedly low temps with their IR thermometer.
I still plan to test it with a meat thermometer when I get my hands on one,
but for now I am just enjoying the Solo.
I find that the all glass air path on the Solo actually produces better taste than the vV2,
as long as I don't go past #6 at the highest.
I plan to try the Solo out with a 14mm Roor that I have, and plan to get the PVHES glass
adapters once they are back in stock.
My situation is such that I need to unplug and store my vV2 every night, along with the whip etc.
This makes the Solo so much easier, as you stated.

UnixRasta,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I never continued to pursue the temp issue when someone else chimed in and said that they
saw the same types of unexpectedly low temps with their IR thermometer.
I still plan to test it with a meat thermometer when I get my hands on one,
but for now I am just enjoying the Solo.
I find that the all glass air path on the Solo actually produces better taste than the vV2,
as long as I don't go past #6 at the highest.
I plan to try the Solo out with a 14mm Roor that I have, and plan to get the PVHES glass
adapters once they are back in stock.
My situation is such that I need to unplug and store my vV2 every night, along with the whip etc.
This makes the Solo so much easier, as you stated.

Yeah, I had the pvhes stems and the GonGs but i still reverted back to the vivape. The solo actually is less of an all glass airpath due to the stainless steel heating chamber. It still gets great taste but for me, i prefer the vivapes taste even with the whip. Although a dirty whip/chamber will negatively affect the taste so its best to keep em clean. I will say initially taste is comparable, ive found the great taste to last longer with the vivape

If I were you I would probably send your vivape back for repair while your on your solo kick, even with the skecthy IR thermometer results and you havent double checked with an internal thermometer, it sounds like something is probably wrong with it.

Mynameismud,

TAKTLOSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkUl3_n449Q
do anybody here has dans currently email adress? the old one does not work my vivape died today :(

TAKTLOSS,

max

Out to lunch
do anybody here has dans currently email adress? the old one does not work my vivape died today :(
Why not try the direct approach, as mandated on their warranty page-

"If you experience a problem with your product(s) and desire to have us repair or replace it, which shall be in our sole discretion, you must contact us at support@vaporfection.com to receive a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. We are not responsible for items sent to us that are not in compliance with the terms of this warranty. No returns of any type will be accepted without a valid RMA number. RMA numbers are valid for ten (10) business days after issue, and the defective or non-functional unit must be received in our facility within fifteen (15) days from the date of issue. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued."
http://vaporfection.com/warranty-information/

max,

TAKTLOSS

Why not try the direct approach, as mandated on their warranty page-

"If you experience a problem with your product(s) and desire to have us repair or replace it, which shall be in our sole discretion, you must contact us at support@vaporfection.com to receive a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. We are not responsible for items sent to us that are not in compliance with the terms of this warranty. No returns of any type will be accepted without a valid RMA number. RMA numbers are valid for ten (10) business days after issue, and the defective or non-functional unit must be received in our facility within fifteen (15) days from the date of issue. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued."
http://vaporfection.com/warranty-information/
because i heard many positiv things here about dan in the fc forum

TAKTLOSS,

max

Out to lunch
So you think you'll get better, quicker service by contacting Dan and won't have to use the RMA process? Email them and wait for a response. Then ask for Dan's email address and contact him (assuming you get his email address). Wait for his reply, then you'll likely be right back where you are now- with the warranty procedure spelled out for you.

max,

TAKTLOSS

So you think you'll get better, quicker service by contacting Dan and won't have to use the RMA process? Email them and wait for a response. Then ask for Dan's email address and contact him (assuming you get his email address). Wait for his reply, then you'll likely be right back where you are now- with the warranty procedure spelled out for you.
iam a little bit in panic because all the rumors about vaporfection

TAKTLOSS,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
iam a little bit in panic because all the rumors about vaporfection

You shouldnt be concerned, im pretty sure most of the rumors were started by a disgruntled/former employee. Since then they were acquired by medbox so there is new ownership/funding but same people run day to day operations. I just had my vivape fixed a couple weeks ago and experienced excellent customer service.

Easiest way to get started would be to fill out the support form on their website. Everytime I fill something out Dan either sends me an email ASAP or calls me. I can give you his email but youll probably get a faster response by filling out the support ticket (i used that last time even though I have his email/phone#. Also, his email hasnt changed, he sent me an email last week. If by not working you mean he hasnt responded to you then its probably because its the weekend. you could always call...my advice though would be to fill out the support thing on their websit tonight im sure dan will send you an email or call you back first thing in the morning

Mynameismud,
Reactions: TAKTLOSS

TAKTLOSS

You shouldnt be concerned, im pretty sure most of the rumors were started by a disgruntled/former employee. Since then they were acquired by medbox so there is new ownership/funding but same people run day to day operations. I just had my vivape fixed a couple weeks ago and experienced excellent customer service.

Easiest way to get started would be to fill out the support form on their website. Everytime I fill something out Dan either sends me an email ASAP or calls me. I can give you his email but youll probably get a faster response by filling out the support ticket (i used that last time even though I have his email/phone#. Also, his email hasnt changed, he sent me an email last week. If by not working you mean he hasnt responded to you then its probably because its the weekend. you could always call...my advice though would be to fill out the support thing on their websit tonight im sure dan will send you an email or call you back first thing in the morning
it would be gr8 if you could give me dans email because i didnt get a answer after i send them a support ticket (3 days ago)

TAKTLOSS,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I just want to chime in here. I had purchased a Vivape 2 during a sale last year and never really used it. I recently opened the box to try it and it didn't get very hot. I called the 800 # from the site and spoke to Dan who answered the phone. He explained the process for return and sent me an email with the RMA and instructions. I sent it back on a Monday and had it back repaired by Wednesday the following week. I had no issues dealing with Vaporfection and I must say that the Vivape 2 is a pretty good vape. Too bad about the whole shilling episode.

Just submit your ticket and I am sure they will take care of you.

Edit: Anyone who has a VV2 and its not generating huge clouds and coughing fits at high temp...it needs to be re calibrated. I also have read that the bag function does not work well. My experience has been that it works very well. The key here it a properly calibrated unit.

Anyway I sold it to a friend who is really enjoying it. I also enjoy using it when I visit and I'm glad I could turn someone else towards vaporization.

Oh and the email that I was corresponding with him is dan@vaporfection.com

Your Highness,
Reactions: TAKTLOSS

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
it would be gr8 if you could give me dans email because i didnt get a answer after i send them a support ticket (3 days ago)
You said you already tried emailing his old email and it didnt work. As far as i know his email hasnt changed and is still the same dan@vaporfection.com.. If you havent gotten a response from the ticket then i doubt youd get a faster response from emailing him. Also by 3 days ago if you mean friday night then you chose the wrong time to email him because i dont think theyre there on weekends. Why dont you just call them? Thatll be your fastest option or submit another support ticket since its the beginning of the week

Mynameismud,
Reactions: CentiZen

TAKTLOSS

i think i was to stoned when i wrote the ticket because i gave them the the wrong email :doh: i wrote a second time this time to dan and it worked the answer came within 1 hour and dan told me what i have to do to get my vivape fixed and i hope everything will went smooth because to be honest the vivape was fu**ing awesome i miss my cloudmonster

TAKTLOSS,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
i think i was to stoned when i wrote the ticket because i gave them the the wrong email :doh: i wrote a second time this time to dan and it worked the answer came within 1 hour and dan told me what i have to do to get my vivape fixed and i hope everything will went smooth because to be honest the vivape was fu**ing awesome i miss my cloudmonster
Sounds about right... you should get it back soon. First issue i had before i got he 24 hr replacement warranty total time from when i sent it to when i got it back was about 10 days

Mynameismud,

dormouse

vV3_zpsb127939d.jpg

Second time I try the vV and the Mobius. I think I may have found the perfect way to vape. The setup is so nice. I just pull the bubbler slightly towards me between hits. Draw a little bit harder if I want to stir the herb a bit, and the mobius blowback takes care of it. No effort requred. So many smooth hits.

Then I did a mix of flowers and peppermint. It was…

dormouse

I may be repeating myself, but this is such a damn fine vape, I can't praise it enough. Now that I've tried it out a bit more, I'm thoroughly impressed, and my initial skepticism is all gone.

I experimented with whip mode and bag mode yesterday, with .20 g well dried Super Silver Haze at 195°C. After a dozen or so big, misty hits in whip mode, it appeared to be about done. I then changed to bag mode and got about 20 more hits. The AVB was light brown-yellowish and weighed .15 g.

The vV2-Mobius-GonG-setup is undoubtedly the best vape investment I've made. It's just such a delight to use. I also love how I can blow lightly into the Mobius to toss the herb just perfectly during a session, haha.

I have a hard time seeing how anything could top this vaping experience, but I would be interested in knowing how accurate the vV2 really is. Has anyone tried to measure the temperature in a proper way?

IMG_1508_zps2afca7e7.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that rig looks pure and tasty, but the rigidity of it would drive me crazy. what have you got there, 53 cd cases stacked just right?

stickstones,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Man that set up makes me jealous! And i love that wooden elephant!

Ive been doing the opposite of you. I fill up a bag first, then finish with a water piece. That way when im done i have some tasty vapor left over to look foward to

Mynameismud,
Reactions: dormouse

UnixRasta

I may be repeating myself, but this is such a damn fine vape, I can't praise it enough. Now that I've tried it out a bit more, I'm thoroughly impressed, and my initial skepticism is all gone.

I experimented with whip mode and bag mode yesterday, with .20 g well dried Super Silver Haze at 195°C. After a dozen or so big, misty hits in whip mode, it appeared to be about done. I then changed to bag mode and got about 20 more hits. The AVB was light brown-yellowish and weighed .15 g.

The vV2-Mobius-GonG-setup is undoubtedly the best vape investment I've made. It's just such a delight to use. I also love how I can blow lightly into the Mobius to toss the herb just perfectly during a session, haha.

I have a hard time seeing how anything could top this vaping experience, but I would be interested in knowing how accurate the vV2 really is. Has anyone tried to measure the temperature in a proper way?

IMG_1508_zps2afca7e7.jpg

I still have not tested my vV2 with a meat thermometer. Do you by chance have one to test it out
to see how accurate the digital display is?
I am still using my Solo as my primary vape, but will occasionally pull out the vV2 for a change
of pace.
It seems somewhat odd but I seem to get more medicated using the Solo than the vV2 with the same amount of herb, usually anywhere from .1g to .15g.
This too could be indicative of a temperature issue with my vV2.

UnixRasta,

dormouse

I did try to measure the temperature with a meat thermometer, but I don't think it was an accurate way of measuring. I set the vV2 to 200°C, whip mode, and held the probe carefully inside the heating chamber so that it didn't touch anything. The temperature displayed on the thermometer climbed slowly to 150°C. I'm guessing this is far from an accurate measurement, since there wouldn't be much vapor otherwise.

I still love the Solo, and remain impressed by how efficient and handy it is, but I also find that the viVape's easy draw really adds to the whole experience, particularly when pairing it with a bubbler. And there's something about convection vaping and having the bud only slightly roasted while I'm still getting baked from small amounts. Also, with all the disappointment and fuzz with the original, defective unit and the whole VSI affair, I didn't really expect such great results with the new unit, and I was positively surprised. The fact that I love this particular setup also helped, of course.

I also get good results from .1-.15 g with this setup, but it's possible that the whole setup is more efficient with .2g, which is still a fairly small amount, and if it keeps me entertained for a whole evening, it's more than good enough for me. As I mentioned, I did do an attempt at measuring the extraction, albeit in a very crude way. I suppose ~ 25% with very dry herb seems to indicate that the unit works well enough. But I would still love to see a proper measurement, both with respect to temperature and extraction.

And how does the vV really compare to the Herbalizer, in terms of numbers and facts?

that rig looks pure and tasty, but the rigidity of it would drive me crazy. what have you got there, 53 cd cases stacked just right?
It is actually very robust. As you can see, the parliament of helpful teddy bears are keeping the 53 stacked cd cases stable. :)

dormouse,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I did try to measure the temperature with a meat thermometer ...

digital thermometer? can you take the probe apart and put it in the middle of the herb?

Hippie Dickie,

TheJudge

Hey Guys...I have been loving my Vivape2!!! I wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can vape concentrates/oils/wax/extracts with this vaporizor?? Do you need a speacial attachment to do so?? Thank you very much!!!

TheJudge,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
No special attachment I'm aware of as this is primarily an herb vape, but my guess is you could rig a bowl using cotton and get away with it. I'm strictly an herb guy, so you may get a better answer from someone else.

Cheers!

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom