• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

thevapist

Wow.... this was my first vape circa 2004 and let's just say I was VERY popular with my younger peers at the time haha.

Great memories from this thing. It lasted me for years and I don't remember what happened to it, but it was EXTREMELY high quality and went through quite a beating and never gave up. The internals were also very well done compared to the chinese boxes I opened years later which were fired hazards of glue and solder. They also smoked when you turned them on :rofl:

I think I might be ordering one of these as they are just so solid. Surprised this thread doesn't get more action. I'd take one of these over 90% of vapes on the market any day!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow.... this was my first vape circa 2004 and let's just say I was VERY popular with my younger peers at the time haha.

Great memories from this thing. It lasted me for years and I don't remember what happened to it, but it was EXTREMELY high quality and went through quite a beating and never gave up. The internals were also very well done compared to the chinese boxes I opened years later which were fired hazards of glue and solder. They also smoked when you turned them on :rofl:

I think I might be ordering one of these as they are just so solid. Surprised this thread doesn't get more action. I'd take one of these over 90% of vapes on the market any day!

Ive been wanting to order one for a while. My first was a knock off and I’ve always felt guilty for never experiencing the real deal. Even the clone was great to me at the time, so I’m curious to see how I would like the original. I used to dab right off the element, throw the glass cover on, and have the whip plugged into a 12” beaker with the ice pinch full of ice. It was awesome.

That box vape is what converted me to vaping, after the first hit. My cousin let me bring it home and I used it hard until it finally stopped working.

thevapist

Yes, it would be nice to own the OG device that got me into vaping nearly 20 years ago!

Seems like people's biggest concern is the design. I either tilted it on a piece of wood so the heater was more horizontal, or more often I stuck the whip in my mouth, grabbed the box with one hand, and worked the tip with the other hand. In group settings I also typically handled controlling the whip tip and box for others not used to using it and just directed them how to pull.

People don't realize how clean this heating path is though and the overall build quality. I don't want tons of plastic on my vapes! It's also designed and assembled in the USA according to their site, and SSV seems to be as well. I can only hope they are built as well or better than they were back in the day.

SSV is $250... I'd take this over that any day. The box style is a lot more inconspicous as well and looks better sitting about the home. SSV is like if billabong made a... bong for surfers lol. I'm sure it performs, but I just like the box design more.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That simple design has stood the test of time

Over 20 years with no advertising, no paid "reviews," and no popular distributors selling them. So many have came and gone and VB has still kept it moving. That's largely why I've been curious about getting a real one for the last few years. I'm intrigued by their custom 16MM glass joints too, seems like a nice size.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: thevapist

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
the optional mini wand elevates the experience with the manual non hands free to another level.
well not exactly another level but it engenders heavier hits.
every little detail within the boundaries of a simple box vape has been well thought out, even the length of the hose which is longer than the standard 3 feet, which turns out to be perfect.
also the perceived issue of bud falling out of the bowl because of the angle is fiction.
it's so easy to recommend this vaporizer to anyone who asks me which desktop vape to get - it's impossible not to love it.

thevapist

That's it, I'm ordering one. This will be the only vape I own besides the VROD. Seems like a nice combo.

Going to get the water adapter since that is one thing I always wanted back in the day but never had.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'm always somewhat tempted at picking up one of these myself. I remember drooling over them online back in the day when the MFLB was still the big thing in vaping. Something about the wood enclosure is real classy looking, I remember thinking about how having one of those on my desk would be like the end game for cutting edge stoner. Now I have a Vrod which I couldn't have even imagined back then but I still like to think about these whenever this thread pops up!

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm always somewhat tempted at picking up one of these myself. I remember drooling over them online back in the day when the MFLB was still the big thing in vaping. Something about the wood enclosure is real classy looking, I remember thinking about how having one of those on my desk would be like the end game for cutting edge stoner. Now I have a Vrod which I couldn't have even imagined back then but I still like to think about these whenever this thread pops up!
the MFLB is also timeless and original and by design provides for a very strong high.
one can say that it's an ideal bathroom vaporizer, which is my experience :tup:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That's it, I'm ordering one. This will be the only vape I own besides the VROD. Seems like a nice combo.

Going to get the water adapter since that is one thing I always wanted back in the day but never had.
cool - did you pick the handsfree or non hands free? they are both awesome, I prefer the non hands free and with that, the mini wand.
i keep a hands free VB running in the bedroom and the non hands free in the living room.

thevapist

Ha, I haven't ordered yet, but I'm going to grab non-hands free (manual?), the adapter, and I'll have to take a look at that mini wand. I originally had a manual, then went hands free, and I think for my purposes the manual will be best. This won't be something I leave on 24/7, that will be the VROD still. This thing should last a lifetime using it like that haha.

Back in the day I remember silicone was a little bit harder to find, and I ordered a big roll of medical grade silicone tubing on ebay and cut many whips. Was always nice to have a clean tube ready to go, and after a while they get kinda dark/nasty anyway.

As a teen without solid access to ganja, those whip tubes provided some gold reclaim as well. That stuff was strong.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That's largely why I've been curious about getting a real one for the last few years.

Me too, my friend!
It's a huge piece of vaping history that I've been thinking I need in my collection for some time now.

the MFLB is also timeless and original and by design provides for a very strong high.
one can say that it's an ideal bathroom vaporizer, which is my experience :tup:

I agree. I'd never sell the one I have. Even though I rarely use it anymore.
The MFLB was my first Vape beyond a homeade lightbulb vape I made for proof of concept before I ordered a real vape.
I think it is a great first vape, because learning how to use it teaches one a lot about how the vaporizing process works.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The MFLB was my first Vape beyond a homeade lightbulb vape I made for proof of concept before I ordered a real vape.
I think it is a great first vape, because learning how to use it teaches one a lot about how the vaporizing process works.

a lightbulb! wow. I've tried an Ubie as a first vaporizer.. that's interesting that you say the MFLB is a great first vape. not sure I agree but you might be right. My first significant vaporizer was the SSV. The main distinction between the VB and SSV is that you'll get a slightly more refined experience with the SSV but on occasion you might break a heater cover or need to send it back for minor repairs, as I've done, but my VBs have never required any repairs at all. In fact once, about 15 years ago, a neighbor in my building took a hit on my VB connected to a bong and then started laughing hysterically about something, blowing water up into the VB heater. I was not happy but there was no damage or problems, and that VB was purchased used. yes, it's a very easy vaporizer to recommend to anyone.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
a lightbulb! wow.

Yeah. Basically, one of these. But it requires a bit of shaking as the vapor forms to get an even roast. This guy doesn't shake at all. It's why we used to call these a "shake & vape":

I only had a pinch of herb left, and one of these got me plenty high on just that tiny pinch. It's what convinced me that a real vape was worth spending the money on.

tb42091

Haha I totally did the light bulb vaporizer too when I was a teen. I also used salt to get all the white powder out :ko: looking back, pretty sketchy :lol:

The VapoBros vape was the first one I ever used and owned, I loved it. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was I didn't have the hands free version so people would often lean back while hitting the whip and it would pull off the element and smash the glass on the table or floor below. Great vapes though.

I was pretty surprised when I popped over to their site, under the art section they have some pretty heady glass whips by Zach P and Salt, of all people. Pretty sweet

Dutch-Mic

I only saw copies of this one, but I only realised that after seeing this thread. I'm intrigued by this one, looks like a no-nonsense vaporizer that's easy to use and build to last for quite a while.

What is the minimum amount that you can use it with? And how's the smoothness of the vapor?

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Ramahs
I'm really late to this thread but am considering getting a VB1 "hands free" unit and also the Aromed 4.0 vaporizer. The Herborizer and de Verdamper are also contenders. The VB1 appeals to me aesthetically and doesn't look as clinical as the Aromed unit but the lack of precise temp control is a concern of mine. I like to start low around 160C to get those terpy hits and then work my way up. ;) I loved using the Verdamper in Amsterdam and having an all glass unit really appeals to me but it's pretty big and more prone to breaking than a box unit like the VB1, so that's also a consideration.

I'm looking for a unit that gives excellent vapor quality, has a fully isolated airpath, allows me to microdose and also have longer sessions without reloading. Durability and being able to replace parts are a huge plus as well.

I'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions that members have on how the VB performs and compares to any of those other desktop units that I mentioned if you have experience with them.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What Vito said.
Also, look at the spherical model of the Silver Surfer.
It's not hands free but there's an adapter if you need hands free.
I have both the hands free and non hands free versions of the VB. I love them both.
I see the VB and SSV as almost cousins, there's differences, they're definitely related, one is not better than the other, but the Surfer will give you slightly smoother rounder hits while the VB will provide a very simple and powerful vaporizing experience. The VB is almost immune from needing repairs because of its simplicity, while the Surfer on rare occasion may need minor maintenance. I say this from personal experience.
A slightly less expensive alternative option is the Da Buddah which is hands free, made by the same company that builds Silver Surfers.
Not sure about microdosing with the Buddah though.
All very good.
I think you'll love any of these options.
You might want to browse the used marketplace; most of my collection was acquired that way, and this way I was able to put together a collection for different wants and needs.

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer

Anybody who is or was an owner of a vaporbrothers just has to tell us that and they get a "trade-in discount" on a new one. You don't have to send your old one in unless you want us to fix it up for a veteran or medical patient. https://www.vaporbrothers.com/vb1-trade-in-replacement-deal
This is rad to hear your story, thank you.

Top Bottom