• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

Choices

Hi im thinking to buy an vb1
Ist this vape good for microdosing and can i keep it on the whole day?Maybe someone know how much energy it needs when it is on.
Is the heater longliving - is the whole vape longliving?
Thx
This I would like to know about as well....

Choices,
Reactions: Vitolo

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hi im thinking to buy an vb1
Ist this vape good for microdosing and can i keep it on the whole day?Maybe someone know how much energy it needs when it is on.
Is the heater longliving - is the whole vape longliving?
Thx

I bought mine used about 15 years ago and it's my often daily driver.
Can't speak to the concept of microdosing, I'm more of a maxidosing user,
but about ten years ago a foolish neighbor in my building was hitting on it while it was connected to
a bong, she started laughing about something while hitting and blew water into the heater, which started to sizzle immediately.
I unplugged it, left it alone for about two weeks and it was as good as used so to speak, and still works perfectly.

Truth Seeker

How is the best way to use the Vapor Bros unit? Do you guys use a small amount of herb or large amount? Do you use the ceramic or metal screen etc? What's your process?
I'm starting off at 12 o'clock (350 on the dial) I do some short inhales and one deep or two deep tokes.
I'm finding it works good with less herb than more herb, I use the metal screen on the whip and the ceramic screen below the bowl.
Hands free model EZ change grip.

I'm doing a lot of experimenting but I'd like to hear some long term owners thoughts and pointers!

hoptimum

How is the best way to use the Vapor Bros unit? Do you guys use a small amount of herb or large amount? Do you use the ceramic or metal screen etc? What's your process?
I'm starting off at 12 o'clock (350 on the dial) I do some short inhales and one deep or two deep tokes.
I'm finding it works good with less herb than more herb, I use the metal screen on the whip and the ceramic screen below the bowl.
Hands free model EZ change grip.

I'm doing a lot of experimenting but I'd like to hear some long term owners thoughts and pointers!
I think we all develop our own routines over time. Part of the pleasure is enjoying your mindful journey. Try everything you can think of and feel free to share. The hands free wand makes the process effortless.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
How long is it till temp is reached from cold? Does it needs a heat-soak?
Is it ok for the heater to keep it on the whole day?

About 15 minutes warmup.
You can leave it on all day and evening while in "standby mode" - keeping the power on but the temp dial turned all the way back to just warm, so when you're ready to imbibe just turn up the heater level and it will be ready in a few seconds. (Vito's original idea.)

happynomoretobacco

Just one more question
One retailer who sells the miniwhip wrote that this one not fit the hands free version. Other say it's ok - so what is right?

happynomoretobacco,

Choices

So I went ahead and bought the hands free model in the coffee color. I’m excited to see the difference between the VB1 and my knockoff version I got on the cheap. Frankly the knockoff is pretty decent. I would never have thought to get a VB1 but after reading through the thread and using the knockoff, I’m really excited to see how different it is. It is supposed to be here Thursday and I have the day off Friday so I’ll be doing my fair share of research!

tanksndudes

I just got a VB1 (manual "hands-full") yesterday for $50 and already love it. It is my introduction to desktop vapes, and what a terrific, well-made device it is! Great flavor, nice clouds, fun to use. I just have a few questions:

Can you leave it turned on all day?
How much herb can you reasonably put in there?
Are glass whip mouthpieces all interchangeable (would those from Elev8 fit, for example)?
Is silicone better for the tubing than the clear medical-grade vinyl stuff?
What is the temperature range on this thing?
Any other tips or tricks are much appreciated. Thanks!

Choices

My new VB1 arrived today and after using it just once I can tell this is going to replace a lot of other devices. Amazingly just yesterday I found a Viper mouthpiece on clearance at my LHS so knowing what was on the way I picked it up. Once my new coffee color VB1 arrived I quickly got it plugged in and set to ten o’clock. I filled it with about .15 g of Red Headed Stranger. It was so pleasant and easy to use, producing impressive results. I really think if I had purchased this six years ago I would have saved a lot of money. It is an amazing device and I can’t wait to really get it dialed in. I’m really glad I decided to get this!

Truth Seeker

My new VB1 arrived today and after using it just once I can tell this is going to replace a lot of other devices. Amazingly just yesterday I found a Viper mouthpiece on clearance at my LHS so knowing what was on the way I picked it up. Once my new coffee color VB1 arrived I quickly got it plugged in and set to ten o’clock. I filled it with about .15 g of Red Headed Stranger. It was so pleasant and easy to use, producing impressive results. I really think if I had purchased this six years ago I would have saved a lot of money. It is an amazing device and I can’t wait to really get it dialed in. I’m really glad I decided to get this!
Are you taking slow long draws or short draws?

Truth Seeker,

Choices

Are you taking slow long draws or short draws?
I’m a bit of a lightweight, hence the reason I set the dial to 10 o’clock for my session. I decided to inhale slowly, starting with a five count. I don’t like to get overwhelmed and cough after a hit so I came at it gradually. I eventually settled into slow to medium draws lasting a five count.
I can’t emphasize enough how simple it is to use and with the Viper all glass whip it is an amazing device. I think the VB1 fits where I am right now in life. I have been someone navigating my last year of formal work, retiring June 30. I like the pace of this device. It delivers what I want from a device on all fronts except portability, but I have plenty of out the door options to choose from at the moment. Yeah I think I’m “desktop good” for awhile...:)

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
Can you leave it turned on all day?
Yes you can. From their FAQ:
Yes! When the vaporizer is left on all parts of the housing and internals reach an ultimate stable temperature. The vaporizer is naturally cooled by air circulating through its housing, so as the heat builds up, it leaves the box at a greater rate. We have designed every component to handle the temperature it reaches without outgassing smells or breaking down.

How much herb can you reasonably put in there?
According to the manual the whip should be filled no more than 1/4 inches above the screen, or slightly above the silicone connector (on the hands-free version). There is an image in the manual showing the fill line.

Is silicone better for the tubing than the clear medical-grade vinyl stuff?
Personally I like the silicone hose better because it's more flexible. I find that the device sometimes slides around on the table when handling the whip with the stiffer clear plastic tubing. Also silicone won't melt if it accidentally touches the heating element. From a health perspective, both are fine.

What is the temperature range on this thing?
According to the manual the range is:
  • 310°F (~154°C) at 9 o'clock
  • 350°F (~177°C) at 12 o'clock
  • 425°F (~218°C) at 3 o'clock
It is my understanding that the temperature can vary from device to device. Also it seems the temperature range can be adjusted via two dials on the bottom, though the 220V EU version doesn't seem to have the those dials.

Any other tips or tricks are much appreciated. Thanks!
  • Use a medium grind for the herb. Too fine and it will clog the screen, potentially resulting in combustion because the hot air builds up.
  • Tamp down the herb just a little bit. Packing too tight can again result in too much heat building up.
  • Try temperature-stepping during a session. Start at 9 o'clock for a couple of flavor hits and finish at your desired temperature.
  • For the hands-free version, stirring often will result in getting the most out of the herb.
  • Make sure no material is stuck in the screens before starting a session. The cleaner the screens, the better the results.
  • Experiment with draw speed. Slow draws will heat the material more than fast draws. Be careful with the slow draws at maximum temperature though to avoid combustion.

Hope that helps! I'd encourage everyone who is interested in the device to check out the official FAQs and the manual.

tanksndudes

Yes you can. From their FAQ:

According to the manual the whip should be filled no more than 1/4 inches above the screen, or slightly above the silicone connector (on the hands-free version). There is an image in the manual showing the fill line.

Personally I like the silicone hose better because it's more flexible. I find that the device sometimes slides around on the table when handling the whip with the stiffer clear plastic tubing. Also silicone won't melt if it accidentally touches the heating element. From a health perspective, both are fine.

According to the manual the range is:
  • 310°F (~154°C) at 9 o'clock
  • 350°F (~177°C) at 12 o'clock
  • 425°F (~218°C) at 3 o'clock
It is my understanding that the temperature can vary from device to device. Also it seems the temperature range can be adjusted via two dials on the bottom, though the 220V EU version doesn't seem to have the those dials.

• Use a medium grind for the herb. Too fine and it will clog the screen, potentially resulting in combustion because the hot air builds up.
  • Tamp down the herb just a little bit. Packing too tight can again result in too much heat building up.
  • Try temperature-stepping during a session. Start at 9 o'clock for a couple of flavor hits and finish at your desired temperature.
  • For the hands-free version, stirring often will result in getting the most out of the herb.
  • Make sure no material is stuck in the screens before starting a session. The cleaner the screens, the better the results.
  • Experiment with draw speed. Slow draws will heat the material more than fast draws. Be careful with the slow draws at maximum temperature though to avoid combustion.

Hope that helps! I'd encourage everyone who is interested in the device to check out the official FAQs and the manual.
Thank you for this thoughtful, wonderful reply, including the link to the manual! I'm having fun with this thing. Combusted the other night because I put waaaaaay too much herb in there. Quarter-inch above the screen, roger that. Thanks again, this is very helpful.

Harrier Du Bois

Revachol Citizens Militia
Just one more question
One retailer who sells the miniwhip wrote that this one not fit the hands free version. Other say it's ok - so what is right?
I noticed nobody answered your question, hope it's not too late. :)
  • Both VB1 versions (hands-free and hold-on) can be used with any whip tip.
  • Hands-free whip tips will stay connected only to the VB1 hands-free version.
  • Hands-free whip tips can be used like a hold-on tip on the standard (hold-on) VB1 version (but are not intended to be used that way).
I guess the retailer wants to make sure that customers don't expect the mini whip to stay connected to the hands-free VB1.

The Vaporbrothers website provides more information.

Last edited:

Choices

Had a question to ask of VB1 users: is using any of the newer vape models such as the Terp Torch or Old Head Hot Rod just a matter of moving the heater onto the glass instead of with the VB1 you move the glass onto the heater? I tried it a couple times, holding my VB1 in my hand and lowering it onto an ez screen change bowl I had rigged up to a glass piece. It was very similar, if not the same experience I had using a friend’s Terp Torch. I don’t plan to do it again much but it did make me wonder if it would be worthwhile for Vapor Brothers to offer such a device that uses its heating element as the “wand” so to speak. My mental state is well altered at the moment but I just thought I’d ask!

Choices,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Had a question to ask of VB1 users: is using any of the newer vape models such as the Terp Torch or Old Head Hot Rod just a matter of moving the heater onto the glass instead of with the VB1 you move the glass onto the heater? I tried it a couple times, holding my VB1 in my hand and lowering it onto an ez screen change bowl I had rigged up to a glass piece. It was very similar, if not the same experience I had using a friend’s Terp Torch. I don’t plan to do it again much but it did make me wonder if it would be worthwhile for Vapor Brothers to offer such a device that uses its heating element as the “wand” so to speak. My mental state is well altered at the moment but I just thought I’d ask!

I don't know the Terp Touch or Hot Rod but...
I have the Viper whip set and use it with the VB1 by holding the unit up to me as if it's a portable, as often as i lean forward to take a hit.
The reason I do this is because of the ergonomics of the setup it's set low on the table and requires leaning forward and down.

jeffp,

Choices

I don't know the Terp Touch or Hot Rod but...
I have the Viper whip set and use it with the VB1 by holding the unit up to me as if it's a portable, as often as i lean forward to take a hit.
The reason I do this is because of the ergonomics of the setup it's set low on the table and requires leaning forward and down.
@jeffp I also use the Viper, well except for when I mess around as described earlier. The all glass whip makes it very pleasant! Like you I lean towards it or just pick the whole device up and give it a go. I have to be careful on my inhale as I’m pretty much a lightweight and the draw resistance is so negligible that I can sometimes get too big of a draw. I do love the simple analog nature of the VB1. Of my friends that use and have used it, all plan to get one soon!

Choices

Well I gave it almost three months and figured I’d speak to the wonderful device my VB1 has been over that time. I have used it three to four times a week usually in the evening. When using mine I incorporate the glass wand (Viper) and the ceramic filter. With this heat soaked ten minutes and the dial set to straight up I get amazing tasty results with strong effects. The simplicity is welcome, the pace is correct for letting things unwind. I am so glad I purchased this bulletproof gem!

Bababouy

How to: Ball Mod the VaporBrothers VB1 (OG) - YouTube Came across this the other day when I opened up the box my VB is in and got curious if I could give it some more oomph. It was purchased used a while back and is certainly out of warranty. The mod took me under 30 minutes to complete and I gotta say it has certainly made a difference in performance in the 4-5 times I’ve used it since. More testing to come.

hoptimum

How to: Ball Mod the VaporBrothers VB1 (OG) - YouTube Came across this the other day when I opened up the box my VB is in and got curious if I could give it some more oomph. It was purchased used a while back and is certainly out of warranty. The mod took me under 30 minutes to complete and I gotta say it has certainly made a difference in performance in the 4-5 times I’ve used it since. More testing to come.

Nice job and a very good instructional video. I might give that a try. Which wand are you using with your setup?

Bababouy

I have a Rasta lined hands free wand that has been working well. I put this through some more testing this afternoon and it has really grown on me. I feel like I can take more smaller hits than I can with a baller head which I enjoy sometimes. Been using it just whip and through a bubbler and enjoying both.

hoptimum

I have a Rasta lined hands free wand that has been working well. I put this through some more testing this afternoon and it has really grown on me. I feel like I can take more smaller hits than I can with a baller head which I enjoy sometimes. Been using it just whip and through a bubbler and enjoying both.
very nice indeed

whip style vapes like the Vapor Brothers, Silver Surfer and Ditanium are fun to tune in either by direct draw or through a bubbler. I've found that with the beads i can dial in a lower temp and achieve a very thorough and efficient roast. Pretty much anything that can be vaporized is, yet nothing is charred.

Thanks to you, I'm seriously considering taking a screw driver to one of my 2 Vapor Brothers. What the hell!

Top Bottom