• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

lithe-speed

Unapproved commercial account.
You can let some of the next FC guys that jump on the lithe test it too :p .. FC guys seem to be skillful users at most . Have u considered some kind of screen that can hold oils like the volcano or aromeds liquid pad :). It would be awesome if you can vape via convection concentrates on the go , they are easier to carry than flowers and easier to hide :p.
You are right about concentrates being more stealthy than flowers,.. Don´t know the system used in the volcano or aromeds liquid pad , I have to do some research, it may be worth it.the trouble is, you can´t buy concentrates in colombia, I would have to make them myself but again, ethyl alcohol is a restricted substance and(although produced here in large quantities for bio-fuel) very difficult to come by.Thanks for the suggestions.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
the volcano pad is basically stainless steel wire all woven together like fishnet and then pressed into a disk. You can pull it open, separating it, and it ends up being like a tube shape net, if that makes sense. So you can pull it apart and reshape it, or cut it to use less of it, and press it back into the size shape you need. I read that you can get slivers from the SS so wearing gloves might be a good idea when shaping. What it is supposed to do is create small pockets for the oil to get trapped in, as it melts, and eventually vapes away. I can try stuffing a bit of what i have here, in the regular Lithe, and put a dab on the end, see how it works. It probably wouldn't take much of the mesh. I found my volcano pads on ebay there were 2 in a pack.

volcano-vaporizer-easy-valve-liquid-padset.jpg

jambandphan03,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Hi lithe-speed I've been using the moral wood lithe for 14 -15 months the color is amazing now, it was beautiful when new, the uniformed golden glow when out in the florida sun. Now the finish does range from very dark brown to a little darker gold then before and has a golden glow when in bright light / sunlight . my moral lithe is a little bit shorter and fatter then my brown one ,the tip is different also,
I kinda like the shorter one a bit more.Call me crazy but I also like the older model with the brass tip even more. looked much better, worked great IMO . Hey I'm an Old Fart who still likes wood and brass over glass or plastic, at least for looks, when they look good and work its even better.

PS; my preference for wood and brass won't stop me from jumping on a minivap if a financial boon falls my way !!

lithe-speed

Hi lithe-speed I've been using the moral wood lithe for 14 -15 months the color is amazing now, it was beautiful when new, the uniformed golden glow when out in the florida sun. Now the finish does range from very dark brown to a little darker gold then before and has a golden glow when in bright light / sunlight . my moral lithe is a little bit shorter and fatter then my brown one ,the tip is different also,
I kinda like the shorter one a bit more.Call me crazy but I also like the older model with the brass tip even more. looked much better, worked great IMO . Hey I'm an Old Fart who still likes wood and brass over glass or plastic, at least for looks, when they look good and work its even better.

PS; my preference for wood and brass won't stop me from jumping on a minivap if a financial boon falls my way !!
Congratulations .I love that wood.Those logs I got in a demolition deposit of colonial houses .In santander ,Colombia..The white wood showed the passage of a long time,and crumbled upon touching,But the heart wood was intact, beautiful. the tree must have been cut more than 200 years ago.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
na, not so much an expert as much... I just pay attention, and read a lot of threads here in the forum. :D I've not really used the SS pads myself, just tinkered around with one a bit. I am happy to contribute when I can though. I hope they are good for something.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'll go ahead and give this a try. I have a small bit of oil and a pad already opened up.

So I cut about 1/3 of the ss pad (this is where the slivers come in... careful cutting, they go all over)

then I rolled and pressed it to be about the size/shape of the chamber, inserted it pushing it in so about 1/2" is empty at the end, loaded my oil on top of the mesh, and put the cap on. It seems to work. I will need to repeat this a few more times through the day, and I'll report back. Here's some pics...

full pad opened up, I cut about a 1/3 off.
3HQgkff.jpg

LMRi7qy.jpg

FZXTd3q.jpg

I had to push the SS pad in a bit further than the last picture shows. It was a little too close to the end in this shot.

qHpeBa0.jpg

lithe-speed

You could tear apart a fraction on a Volcano liquid pad, like if it was a small bud infuse it with concentrates and stick it into the lithe chamber.
hi,JUST...I already got the idea, what you need is to micro expose the oil to hot air at the right range of temperatures,an ss wool scrubbing pad wil do the job,It is left to determine the right amount in relation to chamber capacity and distance to diffuser jet

lithe-speed,

justcametomind

Anyway I'm using this instead of the MV in the last few days. In the process I trashed something like 5-6 bic lighter but it was worth it! :lol: I think I know how to use it now, but there's sure space for improvements in my technique.
I'm talking about using it without glass, using regular bics, no shit! :lol:
So here what I do:
1. I put a little bit of dried herbs like lavender or this, then I put some green and start to light with my bic. The quantity has to be less than Half a camber cause it easier to avoid the content to combust or get nasty smell due to soot. I want to light right in the center, where there is that little screwable piece. The idea is that central piece breaks down the flame of your lighter and let on heat to pass inside. You want to apply the flame only when you pull. And you should pull MFLB-like with a long and steady draw with your diaphragm/lungs and not light pulls with your mouth like when lighting a cigar. This way the heat is applied continuously and you will lead the unit to heat so much also on the most bold central part of the unit. That's the place where your chamber/weed is, and it has to be all hot for vaporization to take place. It's also a sort of analog (really analog) way of heating measurement for your unit. When the unit is so HOT that you can touch NO MORE than half of it, vaporization takes place.
I found that when I had to learn how to use the unit, this was one of the bigger problems: "How long does it take to start to vape?". Using a bic it takes A LOT, like 15/25 seconds of heating, with pauses if necessary.
When you see vapor on exhale you can be sure the unit is really hot up to the middle of it (but I have a pretty light unit) as I said earlier. From this point you can heat a little bit more for 2 seconds with just the tip of the flame at the beginning of every hit you take. Just to get the hang of it, you can also try to get a full hit without heating any further but it's pretty uncommon.
From what I learned I tried some little tweaks starting from my user needs. I find that this vape is great for outdoor but it's a pain in the ass to load. When out, I like to put a little load inside and after it loses flavour I add some more over it, up to 3/4 times if I want. Just be sure you keep the unit with the brazier upwards, like a chillum so your herbs never get in contact with the alluminum cap of the unit and increasing risk of combustion smell.
I don't like using a torch lighter, first because the lighters I got from Dealextreme died on me just after a couple of days of use and also because I always have the feeling I'm going to burn my face/fingers. :lol:
2. ...that's it for now :lol:
EDIT: After heavy use for several days I found that when I get some black soot on the tip or inside the cap I can simply leave it there without cleaning it. It doesn't affect the smell so much the pulls after, and the bowls after, if you are on outdoor use and it's clean it VS loose some parts of it on the ground.

justcametomind,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I recently acquired one of these, and when letting an acquaintance use it, combustion accidentally occurred.

Now after swabbing it many, many times with cotton swabs + ISO, it still tastes quite a bit like combustion. Anyone been able to remedy this issue?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
i have found that ISO + Combustion make a bad sauce for wood which can soak in deeply :) The only thing i think of is leaving the wood to continues hot steams.. (like hot ait gun or smth). Good luch i hope the wood of lithe is not that porrous like the oak VG .. A friend combusted only once in his and it still taste like combustion 2 years later :).

OO

Technical Skeptical
i have found that ISO + Combustion make a bad sauce for wood which can soak in deeply :) The only thing i think of is leaving the wood to continues hot steams.. (like hot ait gun or smth). Good luch i hope the wood of lithe is not that porrous like the oak VG .. A friend combusted only once in his and it still taste like combustion 2 years later :).
Hmm, I guess I now have a vape purchase to regret.

Interesting to note is that due to the dissimilar materials, the wood splits as the metal inside expands.

OO,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
00 so far i've been luckey with my lithe and have never had true combustion happen i have turned a load way too black and it tasted pretty bad . I cleaned it like you did yours and it still tasted bad for the next 8-10 loads now its back to the herb + the slight woody taste .
I've read of people who combusted in the classic VGs covering them with carbon from a fish tank filter or Baking soda letting it sit for a week or so in a box to help purge the taste . hope you find something that works .

OO

Technical Skeptical
Tars are rather hard to liberate, so I guess we will have to try what we can.

justcametomind

If you take out the cap, you can use it like a normal pipe. It is written in the instructions so combusting once should not be such a problem for the flavor in further use. I had the same problem with the MFLB, I used ISO to clean the bottom and for a few days it smelled like it. But after some days/sessions as Rude said it shouldn't be a problem.
To avoid combustion, first learn how to get vapor putting the device in a glass piece. Then you can start using it by its own. This way it's easier to know at what point you get vapor. Now I think I'm quite a pro. I can use it without combusting and with normal Bic lighter, not only torch ones as I did in the beginning. Instead now I think with a Bic it's easier to get it. I just have to put only the last tip of the flame in contact with the center of the cap, pull some hot air while lighting and when the tip of my tongue tells me it's hot enough, I know I'm getting vapor :)
I hope they will put some more units on their site so I can get some more to give to friends.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
something that justcametomind is I must really be a spazz , I've tried using a torch with Both the Vapor Lithe and Vapor Genie and can't even get close to the yield of Vapor that I can with an old Bic. For some reason I just don't get the same control with a torch . :peace:

EDIT: Maybe thats why both manufacturers recommend a bic style lighter ?

RUDE BOY,

OO

Technical Skeptical
If you take out the cap, you can use it like a normal pipe. It is written in the instructions so combusting once should not be such a problem for the flavor in further use. I had the same problem with the MFLB, I used ISO to clean the bottom and for a few days it smelled like it. But after some days/sessions as Rude said it shouldn't be a problem.
To avoid combustion, first learn how to get vapor putting the device in a glass piece. Then you can start using it by its own. This way it's easier to know at what point you get vapor. Now I think I'm quite a pro. I can use it without combusting and with normal Bic lighter, not only torch ones as I did in the beginning. Instead now I think with a Bic it's easier to get it. I just have to put only the last tip of the flame in contact with the center of the cap, pull some hot air while lighting and when the tip of my tongue tells me it's hot enough, I know I'm getting vapor :)
I hope they will put some more units on their site so I can get some more to give to friends.

Thanks for the instructions, but I'm familiar with how to avoid combustion, but it occurred when I let someone else use it.
something that justcametomind is I must really be a spazz , I've tried using a torch with Both the Vapor Lithe and Vapor Genie and can't even get close to the yield of Vapor that I can with an old Bic. For some reason I just don't get the same control with a torch . :peace:

EDIT: Maybe thats why both manufacturers recommend a bic style lighter .
Maybe, but I find torches easier to use, you just have to alter your speed. With candle flames the temps fluctuate more than when I use torches. I found that a quick draw with a torch gives nice consistent results, and a much quicker heat up time.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
00 I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using a torch if it works for you. I was agreeing with how justcametomind feels now about using a Bic , nothing more .

RUDE BOY,

OO

Technical Skeptical
00 I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using a torch if it works for you. I was agreeing with how justcametomind feels now about using a Bic , nothing more .
No problems here, was just offering an alternate opinion.

OO,

justcametomind

Lithe Speed mentioned an update on his latest posts, maybe their site is silent because they are working hard on that (I hope).
I tried sending a message using the form on their site a couple of days ago, let's see if someone shows up.

Top Bottom