Discontinued Vapor Blunt

Soulhunter

Yes, form and function is just so important, what realy matters to most vaporist is health and safety ;)

Soulhunter,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If that's the case with you too you may want to do a little more research before you rush of and buy something again, Soulhunter.

There are plenty of save choices out there for just a fraction of what you've spend now if you take the time to look around a bit.

OhTheAgony,

OF

Vaped Ape said:
Someday soon there will be a medical grade, stainless/glass vapor path, no fault vaporizer come along and then the bitch will no doubt be $$ price.

You know, someday might be today? Have you checked out the TV? Nickle plated aluminum is clearly 'medical grade' as would the Delrin mouthpiece be if you didn't what to use the metal one.

Not only does the thing look like it belongs in the Doctor's office, but it's designed to be boiled like a medical instrument would. Except for the battery of course. I bet you can safely autoclave it if you need to use it in surgery.

The technology is getting better all the time in this regard, as we educate ourselves (and each other) and make it known we will pay for these things. Which is how it should be.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
One thing the VaporBlunt has going for it - is the huge load that it can take.

I'm not found of the small amount of vaporable that the ThermoVape can hold.

If the ThermoVape could hold as much as the VaporBlunt - I would shit myself out of happiness.

If the VaporBlunt looked a little less toy-ish /novelty-ish, and a little more Pro like the ThermoVape, I would buy a VaporBlunt immediately!

Maybe it needs some metal or something...The shape is OK. I can't take the Vapir NO2 seriously because of the way it looks either, but the VaporBlunt definitely looks more pro than the NO2.

That said I want to buy a VaporBlunt still, and give it a chance.

sessnet,

OF

sessnet said:
I'm not found of the small amount of vaporable that the ThermoVape can hold.

If the ThermoVape could hold as much as the VaporBlunt - I would shit myself out of happiness.

If the VaporBlunt looked a little less toy-ish /novelty-ish, and a little more Pro like the ThermoVape, I would buy a VaporBlunt immediately!

Kind of like 'take an engine from a Cheby, and a Tranny from a Ford...'. But we're getting there.

I'm not sure increase on bowl volume for TV is a great idea, but it's easy enough to check out. All you really need is a replacement cap with the cylinder section extended a bit, you could even do a demonstration model with a short threaded (m/f) sleeve under the cap. The issue I see is that more bud will need more heat to get it to temperature. And more weed to vape will need still more battery to finish the bowl than now. As it is, the battery is a limiting factor (or nearly so), changing the bowl size won't help that. I'm not sure folks want bigger batteries. Then again (following the MFLB model, which is also battery limited....), perhaps the a TV version of a Power Adapter is the next logical step? That would open the door for bigger loads, more powerful heater sections and longer sessions.

Exciting times.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah, the ThermoVape seems to have the "THIS THING LOOKS PROFESSIONAL" part down pat, while the VaporBlunt seems to adhere to "THIS THING WILL MAKE YOU BEG FOR MAMA".

A mix of the two - and that would be the ultimate (edit: portable) vape! PROFESSIONAL + PERFORMANCE.... Sort of like a high-priced hooker.

Seems like the VaporBlunt might be closer to that - then the ThermoVape. I would rather performance than appearance. If I end up getting one still, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up preferring the VaporBlunt to the ThermoVape.

Looks can be deceiving!

sessnet,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I haven't used the TV, so correct me if I'm wrong. I look at the vaporblunt as being a completely different product than the TV, the VaporBlunt is a production piece that is intended to be mass produced at a cheaper price point with high quality but affordable parts. The TV is like a heady pipe, lots of details and not as mass produced, but extremely well thought out and durable. He is manufacturing in the USA and from what I've seen isn't available in many retail stores yet, where I'm assembling and designing in the USA with intentions to be in every store alongside volcano, iolite and no2. Also, my battery is fixed and is never changed, where his battery's are a few hits than switch them out like mflb, right? I think TV is unbelievably creative, I just don't think that them and I are after the same customer

TherealVaporblunt,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
TherealVaporblunt said:
I think TV is unbelievably creative, I just don't think that them and I are after the same customer

I can see the VB as being a more "recreational" device and the TV being more a "personal medical device". The TV isn't a party vape. As a medical user I don't need or want a huge capacity on my portable, I have an HA that takes all the medicine I can throw at it. The TV, for me if it works, will solve many logistic problems I have with vaping on the go. Especially the concentrate adapter.

t-dub

Edit: My TV is on the truck for delivery this morning. I am going to open the package live on Skype with Vitolo watching me use it for the first time. Sink or swim, whatever happens, it will be real.

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I think they both serve the same purpose as far as a "one peice portable vape" - which is what I am looking for.

Also I believe you are wrong - The TV is less expensive than the VaporBlunt - by $10?

And one of the things TV has over VB is that you can swap the "herb vape" adaptor it comes with, for an "ecig adaptor" and soon a "oil/concentrate adaptor".

However one of the major things the VB has over TV is the amount of use you can get out of it, especially the batteries.

I am thinking of getting the Vaporblunt but can you help me out?

1. You say a new version will be out soon - about when?
2. Any glimpses/ideas of how the new version is different?
3. Will there be a discount of the VB for FC members for either verion?
4. Will the new version cost less/more?

Thanks!
-Peter

sessnet,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
TherealVaporblunt said:
I haven't used the TV, so correct me if I'm wrong. I look at the vaporblunt as being a completely different product than the TV, the VaporBlunt is a production piece that is intended to be mass produced at a cheaper price point with high quality but affordable parts. The TV is like a heady pipe, lots of details and not as mass produced, but extremely well thought out and durable. He is manufacturing in the USA and from what I've seen isn't available in many retail stores yet, where I'm assembling and designing in the USA with intentions to be in every store alongside volcano, iolite and no2. Also, my battery is fixed and is never changed, where his battery's are a few hits than switch them out like mflb, right? I think TV is unbelievably creative, I just don't think that them and I are after the same customer

as a potential customer looking at both I would disagree. Whats the target market?
(people who want to vaporizer herb sans butane on the go quickly and easily)

The cost is very close. ~30 difference in favor of the VB.

Higher quality parts and warm up time look like advantages to the TV

Cost, Battery life, and Bowl longevity seem to be strengths of the VB

Quality and Quantity of vapor compared to devices like the Solo seem to be suspect on both devices where both devices seem to have quite a bit of learning curve.

not sure what retail channels have to do with anything but since the VB has been out longer I would expect that you have a broader retail presence.

both units look very interesting and I haven't decided on either until I read some more reviews.

BTW: as has already been said. your attitude toward some of the forum members has been less than stellar. TV got asked a lot of hard questions and has always responded tastefully and politely where as you certainly did not. Means something to me.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
I think they both serve the same purpose as far as a "one peice portable vape" - which is what I am looking for.

Also I believe you are wrong - The TV is less expensive than the VaporBlunt - by $10?

And one of the things TV has over VB is that you can swap the "herb vape" adaptor it comes with, for an "ecig adaptor" and soon a "oil/concentrate adaptor".

However one of the major things the VB has over TV is the amount of use you can get out of it, especially the batteries.

I am thinking of getting the Vaporblunt but can you help me out?

1. You say a new version will be out soon - about when?
2. Any glimpses/ideas of how the new version is different?
3. Will there be a discount of the VB for FC members for either verion?
4. Will the new version cost less/more?

Thanks!
-Peter

one correction: VB is $220 delivered and TV is $250 delivered.

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
rufrothy said:

TV is $250 for the whole kit, but $210 for just the Vape itself - no batteries etc. Not sure who would buy it by itself, but yeah... you are correct!

Edit: Also - ThermoVape is doing free shipping I believe.

sessnet,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
rufrothy said:

TV is $250 for the whole kit, but $210 for just the Vape itself - no batteries etc. Not sure who would buy it by itself, but yeah... you are correct!

Edit: Also - ThermoVape is doing free shipping I believe.

I already accounted for the free shipping from TV and VB.

The VB comes with batteries and a charger for $220. The TV comes with batteries and a charger for $250.

like I said the VB is currently $30 cheaper for a whole unit including charger and batteries a straight up apples to apples comparison.

ru_frothi,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
rufrothy said:
BTW: as has already been said. your attitude toward some of the forum members has been less than stellar. TV got asked a lot of hard questions and has always responded tastefully and politely where as you certainly did not. Means something to me.

Building trust on the internet can be difficult, I certainly felt this way too. I think the manufacturer here acknowledged that things could have gone smoother so we all learned a little and hopefully opened a productive dialogue moving forward.

One of the things I liked about the presentation of the TV was the "realistic" assessments of heater core life and just the beauty and simplicity of the design (modular is good) and the quality of the materials. Nate possesses qualities that I like to see in a vape manufacturer. He displays highly organized patters of thought, he has obviously been to skool, I was impressed by the dis-assembly video (product demonstration was a specialty of mine at Lexus and people don't realize how hard they are to do) he has good manners and integrity (meaning his beliefs and actions seem in alignment to me), obviously has experience in the e-cig industry (Apex Vapor) he is engaged and responsive to this community, service (so far) has been great. Everything looks so professional right down to their website.

t-dub

Edit: Checking out the VB website I see it has over a 1 minute heat-up time. The TV is 5 seconds. Which brings me to his patents on the Thermocore. Can't wait to read those when they hit public domain.

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hmmm it takes my TV about 15 seconds from all the times I have used it including mostly dry herb... I really wish it was 5 seconds. But still there is a BIG difference between 1 minute and 15 seconds.

Edit: I am not addressing the way VB or TV conduct themselves - because for me that doesn't matter as much. I mean people always take things the wrong way, and sometimes people can say just 1 wrong word or thing - to rub you the wrong way. For instance, I despise Steve Jobs for his demeanor but I think Apple products are super well made. Although I wouldn't buy Apple shit because of the reasons I don't like Steve Jobs, that still has nothing to do with me trusting/admiring the products he oversaw.

sessnet,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think the quality (cut, cure, dryness and grind) of the starting material is going to be important. I see a lot of people shoving sticky weed in their vapes and then hitting it really hard. Proper material and technique are what I am expecting to make the TV function like it should. A vape is not a bong and you can't treat it like one.

t-dub

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Other than my other 4 questions I had - maybe someone can help me?

5. When I buy the VB for $219 - do I get the wall charger along with it? If so, how come it doesn't mention that at all, or anything else that it comes with? Battery, flavored mouthpiece, other accessories, etc?

sessnet,

Pcpvapors

You get the charger and an unflavored tip as well as all maintenance tools. There is no battery you have to remove and insert during use it's an assembled unit but the batteries are offered if an issue occurs.

Pcpvapors,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Interesting that the battery is not serviceable by the user? Kinda like the I-Phone? Is that right?

t-dub

Edit: VVV Thanks for clearing that up Soulhunter.

t-dub,

Soulhunter

t-dub said:
Interesting that the battery is not serviceable by the user? Kinda like the I-Phone? Is that right?

t-dub

No, the battery is realy easy to replase. done in 2 sec. :)

Soulhunter,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Hi Peter,

1. The "New Version" is tough to talk about because I can not speak openly about it. What I can tell you is we have multiple idea for new vapes and one will be coming out in July and another by tge end of the year. The one in July is completely differant from the vaporblunt and will cost $99.99. They are not comparable products.... I wish I could tell you more and post a picture but I can't! We are showing it at the vegas trade show in Feb. so I will post pictures/details then.

2. See number 1

3. Yes! I want to give discounts to FC members but I didn't negotiate it from the begining with the vaporblunt, so I would be breaking my price deal I made with distributors. If you remember the VB started @269.99 and I lowered it before we even started. On the next vape I'm going to run a special for the first 60 days that allows any fc member to purchase a unit for $80.00

4. The next unit is nothing like the vaporblunt. That's all I can say. If you want a TV/solo/vaporblunt type vape it is not going to compete with those products.

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: nicko

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks for the clear answers!

So I guess I am going to be making the move of purchasing the VaporBlunt. I am not super-thrilled with the ThermoVape - because of the small loads and having to reload constantly. It's solid-if not amazing product but I don't feel satisfied. I need that 7 Gram blunt feeling :)

Expect to see an order sometime tomorrow!

sessnet,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:

I have to disagree with this. I've been open and available throughout this whole process. I drove 1 and 1/2 hours to give a free unit to thcmuscles and once he gave his review and clearly didn't like it I didn't say one word negative to him and I let him keep the unit. I sent a free unit to charliedontsurf with no expectations of anything but a honest review. I questioned soulhunter, which I admited wasn't the best idea, I don't think that makes me have a less than stellar attitude. I have been accused of having shills and a lot of other things that I do not even defend myself against because I do not want to give off a defensive posture. I think soulhunter would agree that him and I have been working things out through email right now. I'm doing the best I can to promote and inform everyone about the vaporblunt, I do not want the reputation of having a less than stellar attitude.

TherealVaporblunt,

Soulhunter

Yes, I have gotten several options to how to replace my unit. :)
So just got to get off my lazy ass and do my part :p

Soulhunter,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
sessnet said:
Thanks for the clear answers!

So I guess I am going to be making the move of purchasing the VaporBlunt. I am not super-thrilled with the ThermoVape - because of the small loads and having to reload constantly. It's solid-if not amazing product but I don't feel satisfied. I need that 7 Gram blunt feeling :)

Expect to see an order sometime tomorrow!

THANK YOU! I see you are registered on the website but haven't purchased yet, I will include a free 4 pack of flavored tips with your order. I will do that for all fc members, just email me when u purchase.

TherealVaporblunt,
Top Bottom