• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Be careful with it: Dynavap pulled them because the edge of the bowl was being chipped by the clicking of the cap.
Ah, so this is the product you were referencing. Ok thanks for the warning. Of course all the reviews say nothing about this 🤔

Well, definitely puts a damper on things and it's too bad they didn't consider using quartz which is harder. I guess you could wire-wrap this guy as well to avoid a clicking cap breaking things but I'll try the vaponic first to see what's what.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Ah, so this is the product you were referencing. Ok thanks for the warning. Of course all the reviews say nothing about this 🤔

Well, definitely puts a damper on things and it's too bad they didn't consider using quartz which is harder. I guess you could wire-wrap this guy as well to avoid a clicking cap breaking things but I'll try the vaponic first to see what's what.
To be honest I used mine several times with no apparent damage, but I sure don't recommend it based on others' feedback. Kind of a bummer.

On the other hand, whether or not your experiment works with the Vaponic you still end up with a Vaponic, so win-win. If your experiment succeeds and you or someone decides to build heaters, let us know! I'm more than happy with torching it, but fun's fun!

wamalt

It's mine....
You can ask me question if you need... Not sure that i'll have all the answer... But maybe i can help...

Ah, cool. Curious how well it worked for you? Was it an even roast? No combustion? Do you still use it?

wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
To be honest I used mine several times with no apparent damage, but I sure don't recommend it based on others' feedback. Kind of a bummer.

On the other hand, whether or not your experiment works with the Vaponic you still end up with a Vaponic, so win-win.
Agreed!
If your experiment succeeds and you or someone decides to build heaters, let us know! I'm more than happy with torching it, but fun's fun!
Will do. I'll have plenty of fun experimenting and getting high is the inescapable side effect 😁. Bonus!

Hard to feel bad even if things fail.

fangorn

Ah, cool. Curious how well it worked for you? Was it an even roast? No combustion? Do you still use it?

yeah it worked great for me!! at the time (very recently), I was not at all a fan of using lighters...
it was a perfect replacement for the lighter.

It takes 35 seconds to heat up. no problem with ArcticFox autofire!

and so, you know the rest... tasty like vaponic, light or dense puffs... your choice!

I burned a few times the time to find my settings and then after it was over ... or very occasional!

Come to think of it, maybe I don't need Lamart's Bakx...
I haven't used the vaponic since my change of country and the move, 6 months ago...
I really used it a lot for a while...

and then I had other toys that took me away from it.

and on the coils... I tried to make them myself because they have a limited lifespan (relatively long)...
I tried all my e-cig wires but without success...

and the Mistvap wire is really very thick... I didn't have the tools to give it the right shape! I ended up buying 10 coils from Mystvap...

wamalt

yeah it worked great for me!! at the time (very recently), I was not at all a fan of using lighters...
it was a perfect replacement for the lighter.

It takes 35 seconds to heat up. no problem with ArcticFox autofire!

and so, you know the rest... tasty like vaponic, light or dense puffs... your choice!

I burned a few times the time to find my settings and then after it was over ... or very occasional!

Come to think of it, maybe I don't need Lamart's Bakx...
I haven't used the vaponic since my change of country and the move, 6 months ago...
I really used it a lot for a while...

and then I had other toys that took me away from it.

and on the coils... I tried to make them myself because they have a limited lifespan (relatively long)...
I tried all my e-cig wires but without success...

and the Mistvap wire is really very thick... I didn't have the tools to give it the right shape! I ended up buying 10 coils from Mystvap...
Interesting. I didn't realize the coils lifespan was limited - how do they go bad? Any idea what thickness the mistvape wire actually is?

Last edited:
wamalt,

wamalt

All Arizer Solo and Air vapes are ~12.5mm and we tested fitting the Vaponic and it fits perfectly. Just don't put the Vaponic down on the table and walk away only to hear it smash into shards as it hits the ground behind you like we did :bang:

According to this you can actually use the Vaponic in an Arizer? Anyone with both able to give it a try? Does seem a bit silly, and I imagine it would heat up a bit more slowly. But I guess you would have the benefit of the Arizer for batteries and dialing in a temperature setting, combined with the fully sealed all-glass air path of the Vaponic, without having to DIY anything.

fangorn

Interesting. I didn't realize the coils lifespan was limited - how do they go bad? Any idea what thickness the mistvape wire actually is?

no, I don't know the wire references.
it's SS. it's really thick.

and in fact, the wire of the coil oxidizes, until breaking (with the friction of the vaponic)

fangorn,
Reactions: wamalt

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I got my stainless steel/iron wire and I'm running experiments wrapping the outer tip of the vaponic for use with the Wand. So far I've gotten the wrap to work but not satisfied with the strength of the heating yet compared to using the metal sleeve from inside the Wand's flower cup. Have to play around with a thicker/longer wrap perhaps.

I can attest that the wire does indeed oxidize so it's better to do a few burn cycles in the Wand before using. I'm using 0.5mm wire that's used normally for beekeeping 😝 (I dunno, just wanted enough iron content and thin enough to wrap easily 🤔). There are a few variables at play; how tight you wrap, where you place the wrap along the tube, the gauge of the wire, the iron content...

Anyhow, proof of concept that using steel wire is a solution has legs. Whether it'll turn out to be better than a properly-sized metal sleeve... inconclusive so far.

I'll need to get high....er... I mean... conduct some more experiments. Solely in the interest of science of course.

Last edited:

wamalt

So I got my stainless steel/iron wire and I'm running experiments wrapping the outer tip of the vaponic for use with the Wand. So far I've gotten the wrap to work but not satisfied with the strength of the heating yet compared to using the metal sleeve from inside the Wand's flower cup. Have to play around with a thicker/longer wrap perhaps.

I can attest that the wire does indeed oxidize so it's better to do a few burn cycles in the Wand before using. I'm using 0.5mm wire that's used normally for beekeeping 😝 (I dunno, just wanted enough iron content and thin enough to wrap easily 🤔). There are a few variables at play; how tight you wrap, where you place the wrap along the tube, the gauge of the wire, the iron content...

Anyhow, proof of concept that using steel wire is a solution has legs. Whether it'll turn out to be better than a properly-sized metal sleeve... inconclusive so far.

I'll need to get high....er... I mean... conduct some more experiments. Solely in the interest of science of course.
If wire thickness is part of the problem, would braiding two strands together help (as an interim solution until thicker wire can be sourced)?

Last edited:
wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
If wire thickness is part of the problem, would braiding two strands together help (as an interim solution until thicker wire can be sourced)?
Yep, sounds like a good idea to try. I'm also thinking of a way to tie up the loose ends so that I can twist them to tighten whole wrap closer to the glass.

One thing I discovered is that even a relatively small bulge of wire prevents the vaponic from fitting in its marker case 😕. Fits with metal sleeve however - another plus for that.

Too bad the vaponic wasn't designed more like the VHB Slide. That way it wouldn't matter much if you overheated the tip (say from using the wand with a metal sleeve) because you could just slide the heat source further away. I've taken the vaponic apart manually before to avoid combustion but it's a clumsy affair compared to the slide.

I wonder if you could use a silicone ring instead of the silicone the vaponic comes with to make it work like a Slide. Just not sure how you'd get outside air intake 🤔.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Am I allowed to ask what this means on this thread, or do I need to post in the Vaponic thread?
Personally i dont like it for herb,bowl is just oo small @Perfect_Speed4069
Actually where is shines for me is because you can consume those solid resins without having to mix it with other material.

Last edited:

babunja

Yep, sounds like a good idea to try. I'm also thinking of a way to tie up the loose ends so that I can twist them to tighten whole wrap closer to the glass.

One thing I discovered is that even a relatively small bulge of wire prevents the vaponic from fitting in its marker case 😕. Fits with metal sleeve however - another plus for that.

Too bad the vaponic wasn't designed more like the VHB Slide. That way it wouldn't matter much if you overheated the tip (say from using the wand with a metal sleeve) because you could just slide the heat source further away. I've taken the vaponic apart manually before to avoid combustion but it's a clumsy affair compared to the slide.

I wonder if you could use a silicone ring instead of the silicone the vaponic comes with to make it work like a Slide. Just not sure how you'd get outside air intake 🤔.
everything is possible but, you need to make a hole in that glass tast tube, you need diamond drill bit like this and i havent tested but there are a lot of video of ppl doing this

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Extr...75809329&sprefix=glass+hole+saw,aps,79&sr=8-6

3:51

babunja,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So my last three sessions with the vaponic were very satisfying. I'm back to using the metal sleeve with the Wand after experiments with wire. Sleeve is just better. There's a learning curve but when you master it, it's so worth it. The vaponic is so tiny that even if you combust while learning it's no biggie to clean it.

Glass already retains heat very well but the sleeve helps out even more so you can get multiple good hits whereas a torch stops heating immediately. The bowl is small but still bigger than a dyna I would say. I fill it with little nuglets and take cigar puffs while testing for vapor. As soon as I sense good vapor I take the Wand away and have a nice long slow draw. Very pure. All glass vapor path with flameless heat.

I recently ordered a terpedo (vaponic on steroids) from TRWW and I'm gonna fit it with a metal sleeve. Much bigger bowl. I fully expect to lapse into a coma after a bowl like that. 🫠

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
everything is possible but, you need to make a hole in that glass tast tube, you need diamond drill bit like this and i havent tested but there are a lot of video of ppl doing this

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Extractor-Remover-Ceramics-Porcelain/dp/B0778NND9D/ref=sr_1_6?crid=GUL820WB4XNK&keywords=glass+hole+saw&linkCode=sl2&linkId=dcd145740e98737e102c7c85f8ab2851&qid=1675809329&sprefix=glass+hole+saw,aps,79&sr=8-6

3:51
Hey, cool info but I don't think I'll go that far and risk perhaps wrecking my vaponic. Thanks though :tup:

TigoleBitties,

babunja

So my last three sessions with the vaponic were very satisfying. I'm back to using the metal sleeve with the Wand after experiments with wire. Sleeve is just better. There's a learning curve but when you master it, it's so worth it. The vaponic is so tiny that even if you combust while learning it's no biggie to clean it.

Glass already retains heat very well but the sleeve helps out even more so you can get multiple good hits whereas a torch stops heating immediately. The bowl is small but still bigger than a dyna I would say. I fill it with little nuglets and take cigar puffs while testing for vapor. As soon as I sense good vapor I take the Wand away and have a nice long slow draw. Very pure. All glass vapor path with flameless heat.

I recently ordered a terpedo (vaponic on steroids) from TRWW and I'm gonna fit it with a metal sleeve. Much bigger bowl. I fully expect to lapse into a coma after a bowl like that. 🫠
hi, I want to tell you about my project because I see you experiment with induction, do you know IQOS? Well I would like to recreate something like this, That is, eliminating the external tube, inserting a steel plate in the chamber, thus creating a 100% conduction device more similar to the cigarette as iqos, The problem is that I don't know how to build a portable induction, and can the temperature be adjusted?

babunja,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
hi, I want to tell you about my project because I see you experiment with induction, do you know IQOS? Well I would like to recreate something like this, That is, eliminating the external tube, inserting a steel plate in the chamber, thus creating a 100% conduction device more similar to the cigarette as iqos, The problem is that I don't know how to build a portable induction, and can the temperature be adjusted?
I didn't know about IQOS (looks like an initiative by Philip Morris for smokeless tobacco unit). My experiments with induction just involve what I can accomplish with the iSpire Wand at this point. This is a sealed, 3rd party coil induction heater that is popular in the vaping world. I don't really have the time or inclination to build my own coils. Sorry.

It's theoretically possible to achieve temp control using an induction heater but that would require some form of temperature feedback via a sensor of the inductive load being heated to shut off the inducing current once a desired temp is achieved. The Wand doesn't have anything like this as it's made to work with a variety of loads (anything you can fit inside the coil). The crude temp control on the Wand is just a timer and (not sure) I think perhaps a sensor designed to read the temp of the borosilicate bangers that sit within the coil when dabbing.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: babunja

babunja

I didn't know about IQOS (looks like an initiative by Philip Morris for smokeless tobacco unit). My experiments with induction just involve what I can accomplish with the iSpire Wand at this point. This is a sealed, 3rd party coil induction heater that is popular in the vaping world. I don't really have the time or inclination to build my own coils. Sorry.

It's theoretically possible to achieve temp control using an induction heater but that would require some form of temperature feedback via a sensor of the inductive load being heated to shut off the inducing current once a desired temp is achieved. The Wand doesn't have anything like this as it's made to work with a variety of loads (anything you can fit inside the coil). The crude temp control on the Wand is just a timer and (not sure) I think perhaps a sensor designed to read the temp of the borosilicate bangers that sit within the coil when dabbing.
I understand very well, I want to try to develop this idea since I don't see anything like this around, thanks for the tips on the wand, by the way I tried to heat only the inner tube (with butane) of the cheaponic and It seems to work.

I now the wand but My idea was to create something very compact, in fact IQOS is the size of an ecig, and I can't find information online about how the duo tiny induction system works.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I understand very well, I want to try to develop this idea since I don't see anything like this around, thanks for the tips on the wand, by the way I tried to heat only the inner tube (with butane) of the cheaponic and It seems to work.

I now the wand but My idea was to create something very compact, in fact IQOS is the size of an ecig, and I can't find information online about how the duo tiny induction system works.
Yeah, sorry can't help you there about info on IQOS. I do know that the boro bangers that come with the wand are a cool way to isolate metal from your vapor path (stainless steel wrapped in glass) when using an induction heater.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: babunja

Dutch-Mic

Yesterday I used the Vaponic again after testing and using other vapes for months. I forgot how I love this little glass vaporizer.

Lots of people mention the taste when it comes to the qualities of this almost archaic vape (forgive me being hyperbolic). Its biggest strength, in my opinion, it the smoothness of the vapor. Don’t get me wrong, the taste can be outstanding, but it still surprises me when I exhale those clouds without the throat feeling of other butane vapes.

It may not have an intricate designed tip, a (copper) cap, cooling spirals and all the modular options. The Vaponic, in all its simplicity, pumps out great vapor quality.

Welcome back in rotation.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Yesterday I used the Vaponic again after testing and using other vapes for months. I forgot how I love this little glass vaporizer.

Lots of people mention the taste when it comes to the qualities of this almost archaic vape (forgive me being hyperbolic). Its biggest strength, in my opinion, it the smoothness of the vapor. Don’t get me wrong, the taste can be outstanding, but it still surprises me when I exhale those clouds without the throat feeling of other butane vapes.

It may not have an intricate designed tip, a (copper) cap, cooling spirals and all the modular options. The Vaponic, in all its simplicity, pumps out great vapor quality.

Welcome back in rotation.
Thanks for the reminder. I've been starting off with a Roasty lately; today it's the Vaponic!

the_hexx

Team Hash
Thanks to Dutch-Mic's comment above, I figured it was time to pick up my Vaponic again after a long while.

This is a reminder that, when dialled-in correctly, this can be THE best vape for hash. Huge fluffy clouds, impeccable taste and velvety smoothness hit after hit.

At its best, the Vaponic really puts to shame vapes ten times its price!

Last edited:
Top Bottom