• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Why does an vapcap ih dont work with this - is here an bigger diameter?
I heard the Wand works with both.

That is all correct! It’s wider - and the wand does it all :)

Also, it looks like temp control cannot be achieved. Set it to 120 Celsius and it’s obviously much higher before stopping the heater automatically. Just differently calibrated I’d say due to the metal ring being bare and not sandwiched by the glass anymore. Anyway, it’s working great nonetheless and there’s so many possibilities!

Last edited:

fangorn

@vapen00b
Thank you so much for the experiments!!
Are you happy with the setup?
it seems to me that the temperature of the wand is adjustable... have you been able to test these settings? do you have the mistvap heater? if so, do you have a preference?
pretty excited about this setup!!

vapen00b

Hey pal,

ha, I was just editing my post!
thanks for your kind words - credits go out to @Unklmark68 for this who showed it on his IG! :)
Please read above regarding the temp control.

Yes, I do have a mistvape heater. Both are working great - just different animals. The mistvape heater on a P80 looks like a boxmod vape and the vaponic sticking out of it doesn’t really draw much attention. And you can use it while it’s sitting in the heater (you could also do so with the wand - it’s just a different setup and less convenient on the go, I’d imagine). the wand could be a little faster regarding heat up time - but it’s really not much of a concern with either device. The wand with magnet is a great package as is the mistvape heater.

I put the ring a few mm down from the tip to have it sit a little lower - works great as well and maybe even a bit more efficient/better as it’s “touching” the screen and covering that area too (might add more radiant heat or even conduction after a few cycles as the metal screen would be also get heated more - if that makes sense). The tip sticks out a bit, but if you lay it down sideways onto the magnet it’s still being secured and held nicely. Even lower profile than before - like a cigarette sitting in a notch of an ashtray. But who would talk of such nasty things...:rolleyes:

Wand is for sure on my list, i have few other concepts,i'd love to test it with. @vapen00b How many seconds does it take to get it going at max temp ?

Hey man,
haven’t set it to Max temp yet.. But I’m not sure if it would heat up faster/more aggressive then. If firing manually it will heat up as long as you press the button, in auto mode it is supposed to heat until a certain temp is reached - but this could be VERY offset with the bare ring. I haven’t had the chance and time to tinker and experiment much, but IIRC the Vaponic with bare ring wrapped around would be at a nice vape temp at around 12 blinks from cold (auto mode, 120 Celsius - but MANUALLY disengaged heater after counting the blinks), while when using the regular flower banger (ring encased in glass) it would stop heating automatically after around 23 blinks with the same settings. The bare ring would be much hotter than 120 celsius after those 23 blinks.... and maybe it would not even stop automatically there. Don’t dare to test it, don’t wanna ruin things already ;)
Would be fantastic to have you have it and tinker!

And to answer your question: the blinking intervals are less than a second. So maybe 10-15 seconds? There’s quite a few factors that would affect it. But I’d think 20 secs max to have a really strong first hit? I do love the gentle heating here VERY much and like to approach from the low temp end. So much smoother and tastier than any vapcap could ever be... Glass :drool:

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

That is all correct! It’s wider - and the wand does it all :)

Also, it looks like temp control cannot be achieved. Set it to 120 Celsius and it’s obviously much higher before stopping the heater automatically. Just differently calibrated I’d say due to the metal ring being bare and not sandwiched by the glass anymore. Anyway, it’s working great nonetheless and there’s so many possibilities!
And if i put out the glass Zylinder from the ih?

vapen00b

And if i put out the glass Zylinder from the ih?

I just put it on for comparison and to see how temp setting and heat up works. You would not use the regular wand cylinders at all when using it with the Vaponic. It’s really just all about that ring :D
lord of the rings GIF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I tried myself severals tricks in order to heat-up the Vaponic with an IH and I didn't found they work well enough, I had better results using a cheapo vape as a heater, the Ald Amaze, although the bowl wasn't wide enough for the Vaponic's outer tube... by chance I repurposed a Lotolabs Lux glass capsule as a smaller outer tube, it works exactly like the classic Vaponic setup but the capsule outer tube fits the Ald Amaze bowl! It's impressive how a little flowers last long in the Vaponic starting low and doing temp stepping. I love my Vaponic's (one classic and one Plus with wooden storage tube), a special induction heat Vaponic would be great, I imagine it with a wooden outer tube with stainless steel heating end, inner tube will be still glass in my dream...

vapen00b

I dream of a 3 in 1 induction heater... a single machine with
a hole for the Vaponic, a hole for the dynavap, a hole for the anvil...

who takes care of that for us?? hahaha

Until now it’s only the cheeky “2 vapes 1 hole” - no further references, please! :D

@PPN Salut Papa, Do you own a wand and have tried it yourself? I would be very surprised, if you didn’t have great results with it - so I assume you’re referring to other IHs? (What other models are out there with such a big diameter?)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

Until now it’s only the cheeky “2 vapes 1 hole” - no further references, please! :D

@PPN Salut Papa, Do you own a wand and have tried it yourself? I would be very surprised, if you didn’t have great results with it - so I assume you’re referring to other IHs? (What other models are out there with such a big diameter?)

Enjoy!
Can i put it back in this "writer-tube" after use or will it smell?
I found a Vaponic in my hometown for 33€ so i think i have to search for it in the afternoon

vapen00b

Can i put it back in this "writer-tube" after use or will it smell?
I found a Vaponic in my hometown for 33€ so i think i have to search for it in the afternoon

Yes, you absolutely can. It does still fit in the pen with the ring attached.

Go for it! :)
Do you have a Wand already? If not, be sure to get a jet torch lighter :)

vapen00b,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

happynomoretobacco

Yes, you absolutely can. It does still fit in the pen with the ring attached.

Go for it! :)
Do you have a Wand already? If not, be sure to get a jet torch lighter :)
I got it for 29 € because the last one.

No i have no Wand now.
But a CF - it fits perfect but i think it gets not hot enough. After one minute i got flavour and very little vapor but not more. Also not after additional time. I had to torch it to get all goodies.
I tried it with a Solo2 - it's too big - maybe works with that ring
Can it be that whole bud works better than grinded?
With the torch for me nearby same results like with a clean DynaVap.
I like that i can do some hits with one heating.
Dont like: this is not made for stoner! To easy to get burnt to easy to break it.
And after only some use it looks like it needs a lot of cleaning.

Concerned Mother

Thanks @Vapenvy, that's fantastic! I just tried and can confirm the fit is perfect:
vaponic-wpa.jpg

According to underdog support this is a standard schott piece cut to make it a bit shorter. Does anyone know the name/ID of the piece when ordering it from schott? Or, how would one correctly describe it when contacting schott? As a EU resident buying one from schott would be much cheaper than ordering one from underdog in the US.

Also, good work by underdog getting schott glass and not cheap China-glass for their vapes. I’m so put off by vaporizer manufacturers who do.

@happynomoretobacco once you get the heating dialled in it won’t get as dirty as the first. At least not if you overheated it like I did when I first got it.

Speaking of whole bud, try taking all screens out and put a little unground bud for the best flavor. Or roll up a little bud in the resin screen for a little added conduction punch.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
According to underdog support this is a standard schott piece cut to make it a bit shorter. Does anyone know the name/ID of the piece when ordering it from schott? Or, how would one correctly describe it when contacting schott? As a EU resident buying one from schott would be much cheaper than ordering one from underdog in the US.

Also, good work by underdog getting schott glass and not cheap China-glass for their vapes. I’m so put off by vaporizer manufacturers who do.

@happynomoretobacco once you get the heating dialled in it won’t get as dirty as the first. At least not if you overheated it like I did when I first got it.

Speaking of whole bud, try taking all screens out and put a little unground bud for the best flavor. Or roll up a little bud in the resin screen for a little added conduction punch.

I believe that would be described as a 14mm cone. I'm unsure of the thickness off the top of my head but it will most likely be their most common size (medium wall if asked). You may find schott only sell by the case and you could pick a single cone up from tuffnells glass uk. They supply bead making equipment but also sell borosilicate stuff. Theyre listed under "standard duran 14/23 cone" on tuffnells site.

I also have a massive pet hate for vape manufacturers using China tubing for their vapes. Its often odd sizes (13mm seems very common) and the Chinese clear is of a poor quality in my experience. Its pretty tricky to get clear Chinese glass in the west as its bad quality and not much cheaper than the German stuff. Also the Chinese aren't keen selling raw materials for some reason.

Good luck tho.

If you need it shorted scoring it with a tungsten blade (tuffnells have them) or in a pinch anything (ive even done it with pliers) apply a dash of water and snap with your fingers behind the score. Then flame polish with a torch or use fine sandpaper to smooth it off.

Concerned Mother

Thank you @davesmith that was exactly the information that I was seekling. Great post. Do you also know what such pieces are called when they have a female 14 mm gong connector on the opposite end of a male 14 mm? I’m thinking of using such bits as active charcoal filters on the odd occasions that I feel like smoking.

I’ve been thinking that I’d keep it long as I like to heat the vaponic on my stove and when I do my fingers tend to get uncomfortably hot as they’re just a little to close to the IR LEDs. But I’ll make use of your advice on how to smoothen glass with a torch on a downstem that I recently bought which the headshop staff shortened to fit the bong that I bought.

davesmith

Glass Blower
So the double ended joints don't have a name but female joints are called sockets. And as for the flame polish just be aware that it will induce some stress in the piece. A wet sanding would probably be better but either will work.

Top Bottom