Vapman

186°

Hey!

Am I right, there's no difference in performance between Swiss Mica Model and Italian Mica Model? Just different taste of different wood?

Is the different size of the main-hole affecting only the temperature of the heart-piece, or the temperature of the heating chamber also get an effect?
Hi @0796
Here's how I see it: You are right, in theory there is no difference in performance between Swiss OG and Italian. But, every Vapman is unique, so you will definitely see, feel and taste differences between any two specimens. And this difference you recognice will be a little bit bigger when you compare an OG with an Italian model.
Once you are in this tasteful rabbit hole you will perceive even nuances of change. And once you are at this point the answer is: Oh, they are a little bit different :)

Regarding your second question: the holes of the middle piece are mostly to dilute the hot air with fresh air so that you won't burn your mouth and throat. It is possible to block those air holes, e.g. for bigger clouds. By this, and now we get a bit into physics, practically the flow velocity through the herb chamber changes a little bit, which surely has an influence on the extraction, too. But I guess this is neglectable for beginners, especially as you can always adjust the airflow by the way you draw on it. Why are you asking?

Hi @0796
Here's how I see it: You are right, in theory there is no difference in performance between Swiss OG and Italian. But, every Vapman is unique, so you will definitely see, feel and taste differences between any two specimens. And this difference you recognice will be a little bit bigger when you compare an OG with an Italian model.
Once you are in this tasteful rabbit hole you will perceive even nuances of change. And once you are at this point the answer is: Oh, they are a little bit different :)

Regarding your second question: the holes of the middle piece are mostly to dilute the hot air with fresh air so that you won't burn your mouth and throat. It is possible to block those air holes, e.g. for bigger clouds. By this, and now we get a bit into physics, practically the flow velocity through the herb chamber changes a little bit, which surely has an influence on the extraction, too. But I guess this is neglectable for beginners, especially as you can always adjust the airflow by the way you draw on it. Why are you asking?
Tx! I got what you mean about difference.

BTW I meant not the nozzles but the main hole for the heating chamber.

2023-12-01-16-33-48.png
2023-12-01-16-34-12.png

Radwin Bodnic

Tx! I got what you mean about difference.

BTW I meant not the nozzles but the main hole for the heating chamber.

2023-12-01-16-33-48.png
2023-12-01-16-34-12.png

In theory the Italian version has been designed to achieve a better chimney effect so the wood stay cooler. I haven't used it so I can't speak of experience.

In practice, some Swiss classics needs a bit of fiddling to sit on the station, the Italian classic don't have this issue.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Did anyone notice that there are some changes on the website...like example: They took the custom Vapman page down...there were a few left...but, I thought they were going to keep them on the site...anyway...

Nebelmann

Out of the loop a bit. Has anybody been able to buy a heating station yet? I put myself on a list and never got any alert or something.
Great news about a updated vapman. I would wish for a sort of indicator other than wait until you see some vapor, especially on the second or third heat circle

Nebelmann,

coolbreeze

Out of the loop a bit. Has anybody been able to buy a heating station yet? I put myself on a list and never got any alert or something.
Great news about a updated vapman. I would wish for a sort of indicator other than wait until you see some vapor, especially on the second or third heat circle
The release has been moved back to early in the year and the presale asked that you only sign up if you intended to complete the purchase. I'd email them and see if they can help and/or have more details. I think lots of folks will find it brilliant, really useful and simple. It replaces one calming ritual with another and is really something you can share with your friends right off--no learning curve at all, except 'set down on gold, pick up at green'!

RxPlorer

New features on Vapman 2 - clip on filter, and stainless steel inlay on the mid section

Easier cleaning and purer vapor path.

From the ig post “ MEET THE NEW V2 MIDDLE PIECE🔥🧼 On the V2 we added a stainless steel inlay to the middle piece that goes directly into the new mouthpiece; It makes us proud to say that vapman now features a stainless steel vapor path. (Thanks to the ingenious design, the stainless steel inlay and mouthpiece do not touch to prevent excessive heat transfer and thus build a thermal block.)”

Last edited:

T9R

New features on Vapman 2 - clip on filter, and stainless steel inlay on the mid section

Easier cleaning and purer vapor path.

From the ig post “ MEET THE NEW V2 MIDDLE PIECE🔥🧼 On the V2 we added a stainless steel inlay to the middle piece that goes directly into the new mouthpiece; It makes us proud to say that vapman now features a stainless steel vapor path. (Thanks to the ingenious design, the stainless steel inlay and mouthpiece do not touch to prevent excessive heat transfer and thus build a thermal block.)”

This is a pretty perfect upgrade IMO. I've thought about something similar being done with glass, but this is solid. And looks like it'll still fit on the old models, right?

Let's see if they'll reveal some irresistible feature on the base as well. I personally think there's less room for improvement there compared to the middle piece. Some kind of temperature indicator, as mentioned, would be crazy good though. But probably hard to achieve, and would potentially degrade the station's role a tiny bit. Exciting stuff nevertheless! Way to go guys!

Edit: Perhaps also a bigger bowl, although I think René might have mentioned that it needs to be the current size in order to spread the heat evenly, IIRC. But a solution for a +50-100% boost would, in my eyes, definitely be another appreciated upgrade.

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Next new feature: helix cooling spiral from Simrell.

I guess that will lead to discussions…

In principle, I find the spiral an interesting addition as the new middle piece could lead to hotter vapor.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Next new feature: helix cooling spiral from Simrell.

I guess that will lead to discussions…

In principle, I find the spiral an interesting addition as the new middle piece could lead to hotter vapor.
I don't have a problem with it, he does good work. What I'd also like to see are some awesome KGWoodcrafts midsections, too. @phattpiggie used to make midsections, others have probably thought about it.

Radwin Bodnic

This is getting a lot more engineered, with more industrial parts that are not made in house.

The Vapman is slowly moving away from its original artisan spirit, performance taking the advantage over craftsmanship.

But with René still making a few ones on the lathe the range of products offered seem now more balanced and justified.

From what we can see now I think the "II" is well deserved.

vapman

Manufacturer
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I wrote a comment here. To answer your question: yes, I still make a few of the old style vapman on my lathe but almost too few to mention. I think there are still some pure Walnuts and Pear trees available at the vapman store. These are definitely be the last ones from back of my time. Maybe there will be a few of classic Walnuts left?
Time went by fast since handing over the business to Michael and David. It wasn' t easy for them but they did really well regarding the circumstances and difficulties they had to deal with. David is still recovering from a terrible skiing accident, his pelvis was broken and fractured multiple times and he suffred also from internal bleeding. I would say it was life-threatening. Fortunately it is almost good again. But they didn't complain and kept going, I haven't seen many people with such an energy and enthusiasm as M.& D. have. They also bought second hand CNC machines and had a lot of troubles with them but they never give up and now they also found a suitable place to put these after having issues with a extremely hostile landlord. As mentioned, nothing seems to stop these two great lads and I couldn't be happier to entrust vapman to them. New year new luck is what I wish to them very firmly and lets hope that it will be a much smoother year, they really deserve it!🤞

By the way, my old email address isn't active anymore, if anyone likes to contact me just pm me or ask M. & D.

All the best,

René

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I wrote a comment here. To answer your question: yes, I still make a few of the old style vapman on my lathe but almost too few to mention. I think there are still some pure Walnuts and Pear trees available at the vapman store. These are definitely be the last ones from back of my time. Maybe there will be a few of classic Walnuts left?
Time went by fast since handing over the business to Michael and David. It wasn' t easy for them but they did really well regarding the circumstances and difficulties they had to deal with. David is still recovering from a terrible skiing accident, his pelvis was broken and fractured multiple times and he suffred also from internal bleeding. I would say it was life-threatening. Fortunately it is almost good again. But they didn't complain and kept going, I haven't seen many people with such an energy and enthusiasm as M.& D. have. They also bought second hand CNC machines and had a lot of troubles with them but they never give up and now they also found a suitable place to put these after having issues with a extremely hostile landlord. As mentioned, nothing seems to stop these two great lads and I couldn't be happier to entrust vapman to them. New year new luck is what I wish to them very firmly and lets hope that it will be a much smoother year, they really deserve it!🤞

By the way, my old email address isn't active anymore, if anyone likes to contact me just pm me or ask M. & D.

All the best,

René

thanks Rene ... a pear pure OG does sound pretty sweet to me 🎄😎💨

Get well quickly David ...

passenger

is this thing on?
over the business to Michael and David. It wasn' t easy for them but they did really well regarding the circumstances and difficulties they had to deal with. David is still recovering from a terrible skiing accident, his pelvis was broken and fractured multiple times and he suffred also from internal bleeding. I would say it was life-threatening. Fortunately it is almost good again. But they didn't complain and kept going, I haven't seen many people with such an energy and enthusiasm as M.& D. have. They also bought second hand CNC machines and had a lot of troubles with them but they never give up and now they also found a suitable place to put these after having issues with a extremely hostile landlord. As mentioned, nothing seems to stop these two great lads and I couldn't be happier to entrust vapman to them. New year new luck is what I wish to them very firmly and lets hope that it will be a much smoother year, they really deserve it!🤞

All the best,

René
Oh damn that sounds bad, glad that it's getting better for David though and all the best of course.

Hello everyone!

All the best,

René
Thank you very much for this amazing masterpiece!
My only daily-driver for last 4 months and I don’t have plans to change it.

Good health to David! Good health to all of us!!! And a lot of Good Luck!!!

00-E917-D7-A015-4-A4-F-AF3-F-7-B20-E908-EE60.jpg

Hmmm… completely forgot why I was here…

How I can get rid of, I don’t know, liquid, that (against gravity!!!!) climbing on middle section up from filter?

Some trick without chemicals?

BTW, why it’s happening?
If I will not touch, it will stop at some point? Where?

RxPlorer

Hmmm… completely forgot why I was here…

How I can get rid of, I don’t know, liquid, that (against gravity!!!!) climbing on middle section up from filter?

Some trick without chemicals?

BTW, why it’s happening?
If I will not touch, it will stop at some point? Where?
You can soak the mid section in acetone to dissolve the oil. Be careful to use 100% pure acetone, which will completely evaporate off when the mid section is drying. Polish the wood with bees wax to condition it after drying.

No, it won’t stop climbing. I have stubbornly waited to acetone mine, and I have honey coming through the wood around the mouth piece. Olive Italian model.

You can soak the mid section in acetone to dissolve the oil. Be careful to use 100% pure acetone, which will completely evaporate off when the mid section is drying. Polish the wood with bees wax to condition it after drying.

No, it won’t stop climbing. I have stubbornly waited to acetone mine, and I have honey coming through the wood around the mouth piece. Olive Italian model.
Now I understand, what they try to fix with V2 mid-section)))
Maybe they will sell new mid-section separately, like they do it now. Make sense.
Not everyone will buy new vapman, but everyone will buy new mid-section. At least one)))

Top Bottom