Vapman

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Now I understand, what they try to fix with V2 mid-section)))
Maybe they will sell new mid-section separately, like they do it now. Make sense.
Not everyone will buy new vapman, but everyone will buy new mid-section. At least one)))
I purchased a second midsection with my vapman this summer to swap out along with MPs each month

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I wrote a comment here. To answer your question: yes, I still make a few of the old style vapman on my lathe but almost too few to mention. I think there are still some pure Walnuts and Pear trees available at the vapman store. These are definitely be the last ones from back of my time. Maybe there will be a few of classic Walnuts left?
Time went by fast since handing over the business to Michael and David. It wasn' t easy for them but they did really well regarding the circumstances and difficulties they had to deal with. David is still recovering from a terrible skiing accident, his pelvis was broken and fractured multiple times and he suffred also from internal bleeding. I would say it was life-threatening. Fortunately it is almost good again. But they didn't complain and kept going, I haven't seen many people with such an energy and enthusiasm as M.& D. have. They also bought second hand CNC machines and had a lot of troubles with them but they never give up and now they also found a suitable place to put these after having issues with a extremely hostile landlord. As mentioned, nothing seems to stop these two great lads and I couldn't be happier to entrust vapman to them. New year new luck is what I wish to them very firmly and lets hope that it will be a much smoother year, they really deserve it!🤞

By the way, my old email address isn't active anymore, if anyone likes to contact me just pm me or ask M. & D.

All the best,

René
Greetings Rene, I just read your post and I am sending David a huge get well...I am sorry that this happened...that is just awful news. But, you said he is better which is a blessing. Thank you for letting us know what is happening and if there is anything I can lend a hand in...website, etc. I can help. All the best to you and happy holiday's. Stay healthy and happy. Ciao.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am sorry double post...there is not an edit button after a few days on my post above...all I wanted to say is that I heard back from Vapman via Instagram...so, they have reached out as usual. They are a great team...

fangorn

yeah I have a hard time resisting the disappearing vaporizer!!
and then only 2 Vapman to accommodate the Station, it was light 😅

I won't buy V2 right away because I'm sure 5 vapman + 1 station is more feng shui than 4 Vapman + 1 station 🤣

coolbreeze

Vappy Holidaze!
IMG-6596.jpg

Terpentino

Quentin
High there happy Vapmans,
i am mostly vaping outside. A Dynavap is a bit of a hustle when it comes to cold temperatures or windy conditions. So what about the vapman? Does it perform better or would you only recommend it using at home/in sunny weather?

Terpentino,

T9R

i am mostly vaping outside. A Dynavap is a bit of a hustle when it comes to cold temperatures or windy conditions. So what about the vapman? Does it perform better or would you only recommend it using at home/in sunny weather?
IMO it's better suited for rough outdoor use than most butane vapes, including Dynavaps, as it's pretty easy to "hide" it from the wind when heating up. But it's obviously still more fiddly than say a Mighty or similar, where you only need to focus on pressing a button.

It's a great hiking companion though, the manual aspect is actually a plus for many nature lovers!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

It's a great hiking companion though, the manual aspect is actually a plus for many nature lovers!
Totally agree!
Train yourself to hold your hands and torch so that you can heat it without looking; assume that position when outside. Without training yourself, you can also use it well under just the shade of the trees. I find the wind causes less havoc than with a Dynavap, generally. It's a little easier for me to torch outside than a DV. Can't speak to the cold issue, really; seems like it would depend on the particular torch.

Radwin Bodnic

A Dynavap is a bit of a hustle when it comes to cold temperatures or windy conditions. So what about the vapman? Does it perform better or would you only recommend it using at home/in sunny weather?
I can't talk about Dynavap but I have a Vaponic. The Vapman performs a lot better in windy conditions.
Both the Vapman and the Vaponic works very well when it's cold. 10° C being the lower limit of my outdoor usage.

I actually think that butane vapes performs better when the fresh air coming in is cold. It makes the flavor last longer, prevents over heating and the condensation gives giant clouds while preserving the material.

T9R

I am sold on the Vapman :-)
As i am loving the effects of conduction, would you guys recommend the Mica one or the pur
Welcome to the club! It's a pretty versatile vaporizer, but if you're a hash fan you might just find a new best friend in it. :)

Classic/Mica is probably the safer bet for your first Vapman. More fool-proof and with no real downsides to it, other than personal preferences. (Just don't get it wet...)

Edit: On the newer (Italian) models, the difference in performance between Mica and non-Mica isn't as big. And the Mica can be prone to flaking, so I guess there is an argument for the Pure in terms of having one less thing to worry about. However, most people still prefer having the Mica there to protect the wood from being burned.

Last edited:

186°

I actually think that butane vapes performs better when the fresh air coming in is cold. It makes the flavor last longer, prevents over heating and the condensation gives giant clouds while preserving the material.

That is a thing I experienced the last couple of weeks, too. Sitting in the cold with a Vapman is a nice additional experience. But coming back to the question by Terpentino:
So what about the vapman? Does it perform better or would you only recommend it using at home/in sunny weather?

I cannot say anything about the Dynavap. The Vapman does a good job outside, for sure, but you need a solution for refilling the pan without losing to much of your herbs. Having the possibility to discretely refill my Vapman is the main criterium for me to decide whether I take the Vapman or a battery-driven Vaporizer with pre-filled capsules.

And you need to be experienced enough to have a feeling of where the tip of your flame is because you won't see the flame in the sun.

Actually this is the main general argument pro Vapman (compared to most other, mostly battery-driven vaporizers): In case you lose it somewhere outside and it would e.g. just lie in the forest or a river, it won't be any harm to the environment.

fangorn

All my wooden pieces received an hour and a quarter of an hour of care here.
I took the opportunity to remove the grilles and clean the Vapman chimneys...
well... a tip... CLEAN YOUR VAPMAN REGULARLY!

I didn't use the Vapman in walnut a lot but it had a significant layer of particles or other unspeakable things!

The cleanup wasn't perfect, but gave me an idea of what tools I'll use next time!
I haven't used them since, but I have no doubt the taste and experience will be even better!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I've been on the verge of buying a Vapman for some time now. But now that the 2.0 version has been announced, I don't know whether I should wait for it or get the OG… :hmm:

It's still completely unclear when the 2.0 will be released, right? What do you think the release date will be?

El Duderino,

coolbreeze

It's still completely unclear when the 2.0 will be released, right? What do you think the release date will be?
b1cef94b-9762-4a97-8435-b9c496f8de47_text.gif

I've been on the verge of buying a Vapman for some time now. But now that the 2.0 version has been announced, I don't know whether I should wait for it or get the OG… :hmm:
d0a44054-4703-48cc-9e4a-5958dbe85a91_text.gif

Why not both?

fangorn

well I had the same question.
but when I saw the return of some pieces made by René, I no longer hesitated. I think - but I could be wrong! - that we are approaching the moment when he will take a further step back...
so pear or walnut would no longer be available.

while V2... it will always be available in its basic version (olive wood I imagine). and seeing the rather "offensive" commercial strategy of the new owners, I think we will also see Vapmans in exotic wood more regularly!

so if you don't have the budget today for V2 - which is not yet available anyway - go for parts that are set to disappear!!

just my opinion...

coolbreeze

but when I saw the return of some pieces made by René, I no longer hesitated. I think - but I could be wrong! - that we are approaching the moment when he will take a further step back...

while V2... it will always be available in its basic version (olive wood I imagine). and seeing the rather "offensive" commercial strategy of the new owners, I think we will also see Vapmans in exotic wood more regularly!

so if you don't have the budget today for V2 - which is not yet available anyway - go for parts that are set to disappear!!
Best advice! Don't miss out on an OG!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
b1cef94b-9762-4a97-8435-b9c496f8de47_text.gif

d0a44054-4703-48cc-9e4a-5958dbe85a91_text.gif

Why not both?

LOL, thanks for this! :lol:

sounds like a solid plan!

just my opinion...

Best advice! Don't miss out on an OG!

Okay, the opinions are clear - thank you all. :tup:

As the OG will disappear completely at some point, it certainly makes sense to get one of these while they are still available. I would actually like to have the classic in walnut but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. The basic is still available in walnut on vapman.com, but I have reservations about this version as I am a complete Vapman newbie and am afraid of burning the thing completely.

Do you have any ideas on where to find the Swiss OG Classic in walnut (I actually live in Switzerland)?

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
The basic is still available in walnut on vapman.com, but I have reservations about this version as I am a complete Vapman newbie and am afraid of burning the thing completely.
Don't give up on the basic just yet ... just go with a small flame and you'll be fine ... I purchased my first vapman, a pure version of the new olivewood model back in June.

The thicker wooden heartpiece of the Pure hardens through use, heat and time, kinda like a pipe. You will scorch it on the interior but don't let that break your heart ... although it will at the start.

I found this article which helped me to make up my mind and luckily its all worked out great as the vapman has quickly become my favorite. My next one will hopefully be an OG Apple basic sometime around 4/20 🤞

Top Bottom