Vapman

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
My Swiss Classic arrived yesterday. Ordered on Saturday, 2 sessions into it by Wednesday PM. There’s something to be said for a functioning global economy, god rest its soul.

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks dialing in my Anvil and the Vapman feels like the polar opposite. So far I’m finding the experience to be subtle, flavorful, and very enjoyable. I get what people say about the ritual, too— who doesn’t like a little calm before the storm?

I just need to stop expecting giant clouds with every exhale, tho I did try carbing two of the intakes and blew out a good-sized puff. My first time, I hit it a bunch of times thinking I was doing it wrong before realizing I was totally high.

Fit and finish are great. The pear wood is as silky smooth as advertised and I’m happy with it. Feels like a Kinder Surprise in its little yellow egg but maybe that’ll spark joy? Also, the Vapman torch is a legit pleasure to use.

A very different animal from the rest of the stable. So far, I’m glad I jumped.

Last edited:

Texus

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That is the most beautiful Yew model I have seen. Did you buy it directly? My Amaranth basic and classic are without Logo as well. I think special editions are nicer without any Logo.

Agreed. I definitely prefer no logos (or at least not prominently displayed logos) on all my gear.

I bought it from Vgoodiez. It was actually during the time after when the original owner/creator, René, had shut down and before the new owners began sales again. They were hard to find at the time, and Vgoodiez had been sold out of the exotic wood Vapmans for some time. But they somehow got ahold of a few more at one point, so I jumped on it then.

Also, the blackwood stem you see on it in the picture I posted above came from Ed, at Ed's TnT.

buckhakeesah

Squidge

Butane powered
:party:My Swiss made, Pear Classic has arrived. (On a Bank Holiday, too! 🤯) Got an egg and funnel for my Italian Olive as well, so all my Vapmen are safely housed in their individual spaces.

My collection is complete 🥰

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Yo, LIMITED ENDLESS KNOT OG vapman basic bundle:

someTooL

Must be gone. Can’t check out. Not that I should get one of the only one s I’ve really wanted lol

someTooL,
Reactions: vapman

Texus

Must be gone. Can’t check out. Not that I should get one of the only one s I’ve really wanted lol
Didn't have any trouble loading it into my cart and going all the way to payment screen just now. Might want to try again or drop them an e-mail or DM (they're on both Reddit and IG).

Texus,

Squidge

Butane powered
Got my 420 bundle of a walnut basic already on saturday. Michael and David ship fast! Thank you @vapman I find myself replacing all mouthpieces with the borosilicate one and have a hard time going back to the OG sized mouthpieces. Any idea for a nice minimalistic travelcase for the longer setup?
This will fit a Vapman (separated), funnel and mouthpiece but not brush, screwdriver or lighter.

EVA case 4 cell

My_50p_worth

Does anyone else find their Vapman torch won’t start on the first click?

I’ve purged it and refilled with some Newport zero so it’s got good stuff in it, just seems like the gas flow comes in a moment too late for the spark to ignite it

My_50p_worth,

Gourmet

Does anyone else find their Vapman torch won’t start on the first click?
I know this too, often it helps to set the flame smaller.

Unfortunately, there is also the case that the jet has reached the end of its life, or that you have to take it apart and repair it, which is quite a watchmaker's job.

Here in the thread somewhere is described how to fix the torch, does anyone happen to have the link to it?

rowbam

Welp, I finally flew close to the Sun and combusted in my Vapman. More embarrassing than I thought it would be.

I've been on a cloud / fast session train with it and got a little too confident in my timing. It's just like I saw someone say on here: when you combust, you immediately know. Luckily, swabbing the pan and filter with iso took care of most of the left over smell.

Just finished my first session back with it and while some combustion flavor lingered, by the end of the session it was pretty normal tasting.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Welp, I finally flew close to the Sun and combusted in my Vapman. More embarrassing than I thought it would be.

I've been on a cloud / fast session train with it and got a little too confident in my timing. It's just like I saw someone say on here: when you combust, you immediately know. Luckily, swabbing the pan and filter with iso took care of most of the left over smell.

Just finished my first session back with it and while some combustion flavor lingered, by the end of the session it was pretty normal tasting.

It happens to the best of us.

In fact, with these manual butane-powered vapes, I often suggest that people keep pushing the envelope till they eventually combust, just so they have a better understanding of where that line is.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
If you go on YouTube and look up the "Don't worry, vape happy" review of the Vapman, you'll see that Ryan has managed to scorch the filter with his use.

Also, if anyone copied his method of removing the mouthpiece without removing the middle from the base first, it's possible they could mess up the springs as well.

I think both spares could come in useful for some.

I also bought a Classic Pear bundle to complete my collection. It was the only one I really felt was "missing".
Yeah, I couldn't resist the classic pear either, it complements my basic pear...and my 420 purchase arrived on 4/20 so I was very pleased.

Interesting point you raised. I have not seen the videos you refer to but in that case, having spares right there for a snafu that would otherwise render the device useless is excellent. Those videos are always there to lead the unwary astray and I guess even pulling the mouthpiece out with too much force- with midsection attached - could ruin the springs.

I stand corrected, and happily so. I doubt I will ever need the springs but the screen and everything else will definitely see use.

Great package and great value. Especially the free shipping- thanks @vapman

I still want an olive but my old basic and new classic pear will hold me over until then and maybe even convert some to vaping and Vapman

Edit- multiple edits required to complete/save message on mobile

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
Yeah, I couldn't resist the classic pear either, it complements my basic pear...and my 420 purchase arrived on 4/20 so I was very pleased.

Interesting point you raised. I have not seen the videos you refer to but in that case, having spares right there for a snafu that would otherwise render the device useless is excellent. Those videos are always there to lead the unwary astray and I guess even pulling the mouthpiece out with too much force- with midsection attached - could ruin the springs.

I stand corrected, and happily so. I doubt I will ever need the springs but the screen and everything else will definitely see use.

Great package and great value. Especially the free shipping- thanks @vapman

I still want an olive but my old basic and new classic pear will hold me over until then and maybe even convert some to vaping and Vapman

Edit- multiple edits required to complete/save message on mobile
The good thing about you owning both a Basic and Classic is when you decide to buy your Olive (which you will lol 😉), you'll be better placed to choose which is best suited to your needs.

I'd be interested to read your opinion as well, as I only own the classic version.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I hadn't thought of that, and it's a good point, but I already know the answer.

Both- eventually....

I hadn't even intended to write that but the sad truth dawned on me!

I was going to write that it would be the basic as it reveals more of the lovely wood grain, but no doubt both... eventually. The Italian Mica does look slick .

Squidge

Butane powered
I hadn't thought of that, and it's a good point, but I already know the answer.

Both- eventually....

I hadn't even intended to write that but the sad truth dawned on me!

I was going to write that it would be the basic as it reveals more of the lovely wood grain, but no doubt both... eventually. The Italian Mica does look slick .
Welcome to the world of Vapmaniacs :lol:

My sister pointed out to me that my collection is only "complete" until Michael and David release a new species of wood... I hate it when she's right! 😤😉😁

Bolano

It's worth saying that with the swiss models the classic version was oiled and fine sanded as well as having the mica. With the Italian models the basic/pure and the classic are both fine sanded and oiled. The only difference is the mica.

I would have favored the old classic versions but now there isn't much to choose between them.
Both are beautiful 😍

vapman

Manufacturer
I feel like the Italian model doesn't need the mica since it has more of a gap between the oven and the wood. I haven't noticed the slightest bit of scorching in mine
You raised a good point.
The new vapman pure (ex basic) actually does not pre-carbonize anymore or hardly at all. We have chosen the inner cone steeper, thus creating a chimney effect which leads to better heat dispersion.

I find that the biggest difference between pure and classic is in the taste. The pure has much more of the olive wood flavor coming through while the classic delivers a very clean taste.

Thank you all for the good mood in this threat. :)

Michael

Top Bottom