Vapman

I was able to get one of the last stations direct from Rene before he stopped selling them; I paid $250 shipped. This was around May 2020. They are definitely expensive for what they are even at retail price. Definitely a classy, unique piece though. I usually run around 4-5 on the dial when using the station. I’ve never come close to accidental combustion with the station.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Agreed that Vapman torch is not nearly as bad as Dynavap, where I am IH pretty exclusively unless in a pinch.
My Vapman torch is the most reliable one I’ve ever owned in my 5-6 years of experience with butane Vapes.

Also I too just got notice my Walnut Classic is on the way! Hell yeah. I’ve had 2 walnut basics but sold both of them in the end.

RichardsBag

I was fortunate to pick up a station off of The Vape Critic’s vaporizer fire sale he had before calling it quits. At $150 it was an absolute steal. I love using the station with my Vapman.
Hey quick question only partly on topic. I’m new to the forum (lurker making an entrance) and still
Learning the buttons. How do I ‘like’ a comment while emphasizing my staggering jealousy at OP’s $150 good fortune?
Is it one of the emojis buttons or do I just keep smacking my head against my keyboard and then press send?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hey quick question only partly on topic. I’m new to the forum (lurker making an entrance) and still
Learning the buttons. How do I ‘like’ a comment while emphasizing my staggering jealousy at OP’s $150 good fortune?
Is it one of the emojis buttons or do I just keep smacking my head against my keyboard and then press send?
You got it mate, it’s the emoji buttons. Or if you’re on the mobile version you hold the like button an extra half second to bring them up.

Arawfish,

Texus

Welcome to the FC forum. You've found a good thread.

Been in the Vapman game long?

On the inexpensive side of the spectrum, I just ordered a metal Vapman to Dynavap stem adapter from Dynabox. $29 shipped from Poland.

Even has a music video.

Wooden adapter from KC Woodcrafts mentioned earlier also beautiful but didn't work with Phat Piggie stems. So once I recover from station expense guess I'll need to order one of her gorgeous stems.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Wooden adapter from KC Woodcrafts mentioned earlier also beautiful but didn't work with Phat Piggie stems. So once I recover from station expense guess I'll need to order one of her gorgeous stems.
Man speaking of Alyson, she just made me an apple and an olive to match my 2 Italian models and then for my Swiss boxtree she did me up a full length mouthpiece with this beautiful piece of box elder she had. White with thick streaks of red running through it. Can’t wait to get some pics up for y’all.

Texus

Man speaking of Alyson, she just made me an apple and an olive to match my 2 Italian models and then for my Swiss boxtree she did me up a full length mouthpiece with this beautiful piece of box elder she had. White with thick streaks of red running through it. Can’t wait to get some pics up for y’all.
Shit yeAh. That's what I am talking about

Texus,

My_50p_worth

Got a Swiss made walnut VM basic on the way today! My first foray into the world of Vapman. You can only resist these wooden beauties for so long, and that stunning walnut sealed the deal for me

I’m coming from a DV and Anvil, guessing I’ve got quite the learning curve ahead of me?

caseball2051

I bought an adapter from kgwoodcrafts that allows me to use my dynavap stems with my vapman midsection and WOW ..... What a treat.

The adapter costed 45$ shipped and I would highly recommend it if you're into that sort of thing.

Squidge

Butane powered
Got a Swiss made walnut VM basic on the way today! My first foray into the world of Vapman. You can only resist these wooden beauties for so long, and that stunning walnut sealed the deal for me

I’m coming from a DV and Anvil, guessing I’ve got quite the learning curve ahead of me?
I don't think it'll be quite the learning curve you're expecting. If you can count to five "elephants"*, you'll do fine.

Remember: There is no indication of when the load is heated to a specific temperature, unlike the DV or Anvil.

Read the instruction booklet. It goes into detail on how to get the best from the device as well as giving tips on the ideal flame size.

It's use is all down to you counting seconds. You'll also want to use the torch that comes with the bundle - it really is a great size torch to use.

The way I use mine is two counts of five seconds with a small break in-between, before taking the first inhale. I then judge how long I want the next (single) heat cycle to be - if I want more heat, it's 5 seconds. If I'm happy: four. Don't want as much heat : three seconds. Then I'll repeat until I feel it's done. Get the idea? I also decide when the bowl is spent by the flavour.

Learn, have fun, and don't be afraid to tweek it to suit your personal style.

This is a beguiling device which will charm you into revealing it's secrets 😉

*A word that takes one second to say. Some people prefer "Mississippi", or "one-thousand" instead.

My_50p_worth

I don't think it'll be quite the learning curve you're expecting. If you can count to five "elephants"*, you'll do fine.

Remember: There is no indication of when the load is heated to a specific temperature, unlike the DV or Anvil.

Read the instruction booklet. It goes into detail on how to get the best from the device as well as giving tips on the ideal flame size.

It's use is all down to you counting seconds. You'll also want to use the torch that comes with the bundle - it really is a great size torch to use.

The way I use mine is two counts of five seconds with a small break in-between, before taking the first inhale. I then judge how long I want the next (single) heat cycle to be - if I want more heat, it's 5 seconds. If I'm happy: four. Don't want as much heat : three seconds. Then I'll repeat until I feel it's done. Get the idea? I also decide when the bowl is spent by the flavour.

Learn, have fun, and don't be afraid to tweek it to suit your personal style.

This is a beguiling device which will charm you into revealing it's secrets 😉

*A word that takes one second to say. Some people prefer "Mississippi", or "one-thousand" instead.
Thanks so much for this man, I appreciate it. I’ll probably start off using your advice, and then as experience and comfort builds I will of course tweak to my own vapour preferences. I’m so excited to try it out, the shipping is lightning fast so credit to the new owners for minimising the inevitable issues as a business changes hands. It should be here today waiting for me after work :D

I’m somewhat picturing the lack of clicker as moving onto my first “grown up bike” without stabilisers - I think you yanks call them training wheels? Either way it seems like a rather meditative experience, one that requires you to be in tune with the whole device and not solely the sound of one piece.

One little question, is this a “sipper” or can you fully extract in 1-2 heat cycles as well?

Squidge

Butane powered
...One little question, is this a “sipper” or can you fully extract in 1-2 heat cycles as well?
Both. It all depends on how much you put in it (max ~0.05g, min ~0.01(?)) and how much you heat it.

I prefer to sip like you would a good single Malt 😉.

[Btw, I'm a woman and a Brit to boot - I know what stabilisers are 😁]
Regards

Last edited:

Pcloudy

I ordered a Swiss Walnut classic on April 10. It’s out for delivery today, April 12, in NY. I’m out of town till tomorrow, but man, that’s fast.
I ordered one from grasscity and it took more than 3 weeks. Ordered direct from vapman and it looks like about 4 days. I've had stuff shipped from four hours away that took longer to get to me

rollerskater

I ordered a pear basic on friday and last night was kinda fomoing over a walnut model, so i started typing up an email this morning asking if they could add one to my order as it didnt seem to have shipped yet. Then DHL rang the doorbell with my delivery!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I ordered a pear basic on friday and last night was kinda fomoing over a walnut model, so i started typing up an email this morning asking if they could add one to my order as it didnt seem to have shipped yet. Then DHL rang the doorbell with my delivery!
What planet do you guys live on? Holy smokes

darkstar72

I finally received my olive basic/pure vapman from grasscity (took about three weeks from Amsterdam to the East coast). I like it a lot and find it has amazingly great flavor, is fairly quick to use, and can pack a punch for the amount of bud used. It is such an ingenious device. I am now tempted to purchase a walnut one at the 420 sale price. I'll pass for now but truely hope the new owners will keep making this tool for years to come.

This vape has been called magical a few times years ago in this thread. I think it's due to it's ability to extract the terpenes and flavonoids at low temps so well (heat for 3 sec, inhale, repeat again and again), and the way it temp steps higher with little effort (third or fourth hit heat a sec or two longer, etc.). While I don't usually roast to dark abv, I did yesterday and this vape can certainly go there. Anyway I am very pleased with this one. It's surprising quick to use, easy to use, top shelf flavor, and effective. It is a mini doser and is not a cloud moster at all. But that is all good by me.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Same as me but in a slightly different order lol.

Walnut, Apple, Olive, and now Pear.

They are very moreish.

Also, love to see so many more joining the Vapman family. 😍
Definitely so good seeing a serious resurgence in this beauty. I only took the vapman plunge about 9 months ago. Been on my wish list for many years before that though.

I started with a BoxTree classic, basic walnut (which I gifted to a friend), basic pear (which I sold), then I got another basic walnut (also sold), Olive, Apple, and now a Classic Walnut.

I’ve come the realize I don’t like the ones without a Mica shield.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Can you say why? I opted for the classic because I thought I might char the basic too much.
Essentially because I couldn’t get my pear wood to stop smoking. I could taste and feel myself inhaling the wood smoke and it was no bueno. I even went the extra mile and scorched it deep in an attempt to make it stop but eventually I decided it wasn’t worth it for me.

Top Bottom