Vapman

Texus

I don't think it'll be quite the learning curve you're expecting. If you can count to five "elephants"*, you'll do fine.

Remember: There is no indication of when the load is heated to a specific temperature, unlike the DV or Anvil.

Read the instruction booklet. It goes into detail on how to get the best from the device as well as giving tips on the ideal flame size.

It's use is all down to you counting seconds. You'll also want to use the torch that comes with the bundle - it really is a great size torch to use.

The way I use mine is two counts of five seconds with a small break in-between, before taking the first inhale. I then judge how long I want the next (single) heat cycle to be - if I want more heat, it's 5 seconds. If I'm happy: four. Don't want as much heat : three seconds. Then I'll repeat until I feel it's done. Get the idea? I also decide when the bowl is spent by the flavour.

Learn, have fun, and don't be afraid to tweek it to suit your personal style.

This is a beguiling device which will charm you into revealing it's secrets 😉

*A word that takes one second to say. Some people prefer "Mississippi", or "one-thousand" instead.
I concur that Vapman really does have the easiest learning curve of any butane vape I've used, and great repeatable results. No spinning of a DV, no figuring out where to place your flame like on Anvil and DV. Just get that flame length to match the diameter of the screen and you are good to go (agree that the included torch really is perfect for the job). Wait, why did I get a station again?

rollerskater

Essentially because I couldn’t get my pear wood to stop smoking. I could taste and feel myself inhaling the wood smoke and it was no bueno. I even went the extra mile and scorched it deep in an attempt to make it stop but eventually I decided it wasn’t worth it for me.
just got back from an after-work vapman sesh and i immediately noticed this lol. all my time using the olive pure im like "shouldnt it be scorching? they say it scorches!" but all i have are accident marks lol. then with my *honed technique* i was half thinking i had set the pear on fire after the first heat cycle! "so this is why they say it scorches!" :lol:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
just got back from an after-work vapman sesh and i immediately noticed this lol. all my time using the olive pure im like "shouldnt it be scorching? they say it scorches!" but all i have are accident marks lol. then with my *honed technique* i was half thinking i had set the pear on fire after the first heat cycle! "so this is why they say it scorches!" :lol:
I had heard that these new Italian models didn’t scorch, or are atleast a lot harder than the Swiss version. That’s good to know! That’s the main selling point I could see with the station, for keeping a pure or basic in pristine condition.

Texus

I had heard that these new Italian models didn’t scorch, or are atleast a lot harder than the Swiss version. That’s good to know! That’s the main selling point I could see with the station, for keeping a pure or basic in pristine condition.
And I am sure different wood characteristics come into play. Eventually, you will reach that charred state on the basic, with sufficient torch heating...

Arawfish

Green Thumb
And if you are really lucky and don't like labels, you can find a Swiss walnut with no big "Vapman" across the body of it.
One of the basic walnuts I had didn’t have the label. It was very nice to do that first oiling myself too, watching the wood transform from that chalked out brown colour into deep veins of dark and honey coloured patches was glorious. A close friend of mine is in possession of that one.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
They may someday make more walnut, but they can't make more original Swiss walnut.
Hold on. There are Swiss walnut? 🤦‍♂️

Vgoodiez had his Renee-era Vapman stock listed as American Walnut, so I figured these’d be the same. Also thought I read somewhere that American Walnut was the world’s major supply.

cx714,
Reactions: Ramahs

passenger

is this thing on?
I think it complements the Dynavap perfectly. They are both pretty fast to heat too! In a loud environment the Vapman shines as you don't have to respect the click, if there is a wind blowing the Dynavap is much easier to use. Both hit hard with tiniest amounts too. And they weigh next to nothing.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
so did I miss something or are these all newly released pieces?

My_50p_worth

Update on my Vapman experience-

This thing is stunning in person, it may not be the vape I reach for the most but it is easily my favourite. The love and care put into it is apparent from the moment you hold it and I feel an attachment to it that I just don’t with my other vapes

The whole process as a newb was super easy, by my 5th bowl I was already dialled in and getting full extraction in two heat cycles.

I do: 4s heat - 4s off - 4s heat - 4s off - 2s heat and then hit it. I’ll repeat this for the second heat cycle and get perfect dark brown AVB and a cloud I just didn’t think this thing was capable of producing.

One thing that the Vapman doesn’t get nearly enough credit for is how hard it can hit when you decide to push it, I was very surprised.

All in all, I absolutely love this vape and wish I’d got one sooner. It’s a great complement to both a DV and Anvil and I’d recommend one to any butane bro

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

so did I miss something or are these all newly released pieces?

Not at all, and I would advise against. It probably just happens to fit. :) The middle piece fits natively a 14mm female joint by the way.
looks to me they are specifically made for vapman, judging by the taper on the fitting end. doubt that taper was accidental.

Squidge

Butane powered
[Rant mode on]

DHL driver is a lying sack of shit! Claims they "attempted to deliver but recipient not in". Bollocks I wasn't! I'm at home and there was no knock, no nothing.

Now have to wait until Tuesday to get my parcel. *Grrr*

[Rant mode off]

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
And if you are really lucky and don't like labels, you can find a Swiss walnut with no big "Vapman" across the body of it.

A Vapman was my 4/20 purchase from last year. It was the Yew Tree wood model, and I was soo happy to be surprised to discover when it arrived that it did not have the logo on it. That made my day!

qo-Cv8u-LPTt-Gd-RS-YGAq-Ccw-thumb-1948.jpg

My_50p_worth

[Rant mode on]

DHL driver is a lying sack of shit! Claims they "attempted to deliver but recipient not in". Bollocks I wasn't! I'm at home and there was no knock, no nothing.

Now have to wait until Tuesday to get my parcel. *Grrr*

[Rant mode off]
I have this all the time with Royal Mail :bang:

Is there not a depot it has been returned to that you can collect from? Might save the wait!

My_50p_worth,

Gourmet

If an individual was lucky enough to obtain a station 1 but needed a North American power supply…would this work?
My station power supply says 100-240V, so it should work.

What could be that the power plug needs to be adapted. Possibly it has an adapter with it.

(unfortunately I can not upload a picture, the insert function is not displayed, although activated in my account. :hmm:)

Top Bottom