Vapman

Woodisgood

Bought the first directly from René, had to pay ~€40 customs :(
other ones i bought from a Dutch & a German retailer, no customs ...

but anyhow, support the artist please, if you can order directly, please do!

I had thought about writing to René, but so much extra money in customs is not great as I am not very rich right now sadly! I hope that buying through Verdampftnochmal would still ultimately create more orders for him though.

lisifi

:) only the middle piece is yew (bought a spare middle piece, *just in case*), but the body is pear also
never got my hands on a full yew unit, but now ShitSnacks mentions it, why not order directly from the maker
(althou i thought, now that he's closing shop and all, he didn't take any NEW customers, only continues to serve the "old" customers)

I had thought about writing to René, but so much extra money in customs is not great as I am not very rich right now sadly! I hope that buying through Verdampftnochmal would still ultimately create more orders for him though.

i know, and that's even without counting the extra €30 for "standard customs handling fee" ... :clap:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:) only the middle piece is yew (bought a spare middle piece, *just in case*), but the body is pear also
never got my hands on a full yew unit, but now ShitSnacks mentions it, why not order directly from the maker
(althou i thought, now that he's closing shop and all, he didn't take any NEW customers, only continues to serve the "old" customers)

I was a new customer :tup:

Gourmet

Yesterday I treated myself to my annual Vapman, actually I wanted one from the series with the light boxwood (they look veeeery elegant!), but it became one from the latest batch in olive wood. Life with the box of chocolates has meant well with me. :party:

Once again there are real beauties for every taste, they are a bit more expensive than the pear, because the olive wood is not so easy to work with.

Olive 04.JPG

Olive 03.JPG Olive 02.JPG Olive 01.JPG

Even though René has to do a lot of private work at the moment, he takes the time to create small series with special types of wood for us, for example next woods are amarant and ebony. I may probably already tell, there will be even more very special Vapman individual pieces. ;)
Of course, every Vapman is unique, but there are wood grains that are simply supernaturally beautiful!🤩

Also I can tell you that it looks very promising that René will have a solution for the future of the Vapman.
He will tell you more about it himself as soon as he has the time, but for now these are very good news.

Woodisgood

Yesterday I treated myself to my annual Vapman, actually I wanted one from the series with the light boxwood (they look veeeery elegant!), but it became one from the latest batch in olive wood. Life with the box of chocolates has meant well with me. :party:

Once again there are real beauties for every taste, they are a bit more expensive than the pear, because the olive wood is not so easy to work with.

View attachment 2572

View attachment 2573 View attachment 2574 View attachment 2575

Even though René has to do a lot of private work at the moment, he takes the time to create small series with special types of wood for us, for example next woods are amarant and ebony. I may probably already tell, there will be even more very special Vapman individual pieces. ;)
Of course, every Vapman is unique, but there are wood grains that are simply supernaturally beautiful!🤩

Also I can tell you that it looks very promising that René will have a solution for the future of the Vapman.
He will tell you more about it himself as soon as he has the time, but for now these are very good news.

Lovely olive wood grain there, and very happy to hear that the future of Vapman is looking good!

almost there

Just ordered a Vapman basic in Pear Tree. Read that it will char a bit initially and then stop. Any advice here? Wondering if I should have picked up the Finished Box Tree instead.
if it wasn't for the fact Rene only makes the exotics in classic I personally would prefer the basic models. The loading ring fits better and overall I prefer the aesthetics of the basic without the mica.

MikeRotchHertz

Just ordered a Vapman basic in Pear Tree. Read that it will char a bit initially and then stop. Any advice here? Wondering if I should have picked up the Finished Box Tree instead.

There is no wrong one to pick up. My pear one did take a quite a few heat cycles until it stopped smoking. You'll know when it's done. Consider it initiation

vapman

Manufacturer
Hey everyone

I have to admit that I lost track of whom I have promised an olive tree vapman. Please send me an email and let me know!

if it wasn't for the fact Rene only makes the exotics in classic I personally would prefer the basic models. The loading ring fits better and overall I prefer the aesthetics of the basic without the mica.

I also make exotics in basic but you have to order it as most folks want the exotics in classic. I just made two basics in Olive wood, one is already sold, though.

Soon I will tell you more about the future plans of vapman, there are quite a few things happening.:)

Thank you,

vapman

almost there

I'm sure that's not what the question was meant to be. ;)

Nevertheless a few pictures about what happens when you play around with a walnut Vapman and some fire. :D

It took me a moment to figure it out :lol:. Well done, it looks marvelous:clap:. How did you torch the screw holes area without affecting the stability?

Gourmet

Thanks a lot, I like the leather couch look too. ;-)

How did you torch the screw holes area without affecting the stability?

This was never a problem with my Vapman, because only the surface is scorched, the flames don't get that deep.
Even if, like me, you play with fire for far too long. :D
(I took a "creme brulée torch" from the kitchen and put it on a wide flame.)

What I shouldn't have done then was to oil the interior around the pan... It took me some time to burn it away and clean it. ;)

To come back to @Woodisgood 's question, the Basic gets a visible black carbon ring around the pan with the jet.
When used correctly (i.e. firing only in the middle) the ring does not get bigger, the coal layer serves as heat protection.

Only if someone likes to heat for a very long time (which probably goes more in the direction of combustion), a Classic would be better. On the station there are no effects on the Basic.

Bolano

Hi Woodisgood,

I read your post originally and thought about the extra customs charge for my olive wood vapman that I had ordered from René. I got an email from customs about a possible customs charge on my order but in the end I was never asked for any customs charge.

It got me thinking, I have ordered quiet a few vapman direct from René and I can't remember paying any customs on them. I know that Brexit may change that but it doesn't seem to have done on my last order. It's possible that customs just don't have the manpower to check everything but they did know about my order beforehand and it still came through without the additional customs charge.

Anyway I hope you managed to get one but don't be put off buying directly from René.

vapman

Manufacturer
Now the time has come to pass on some infos about what's happening with vapman. As you all know I am looking for a succession for vapman
and have been in contact with quite a few people from different countries and continents.

What are the problems?

- The first and main problem is that the production depends on me only.
- Since I'm making vapman the Swiss Franc went up 70% against the USD and Euro.
- Vapman is still conventionally produced, this isn't economical at all.
- Last but not least, I am getting older and need a change in my life.:)

What are the plans?

I met two young lads from South-Tirol (Northern Italy), they are very motivated and interested to carry vapman into a new future.
South-Tirol is very close to Switzerland and with all the surrounding Alps it looks very much like Switzerland.
We are planing to buy a CNC machine for producing the wooden parts and moving the whole production to South-Tirol.
This is also the right occasion to make some changes on vapman which a lot of people have suggested in the last 15 years.
Don't worry, vapman won't change much, just subtle things like making vapman cleanable by making the pan and the heat protection replaceable.
I am already working on this task and I will come up with a good solution!
Financing all this is also a big point. The good thing is that vapman stood the test of time, making it easier to find investors.
We are also planing to produce the vapman station, it is popular and makes vapman a very universal vaporizer.

Of course all this has to be done first and it will take some time to realize but we have a plan and that is a start.

My hope is to accomplish this in one years time.

I am looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions!

All the best to everyone,

vapman

OF

I am looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions!

This one's easy, "Godspeed"! Thanks for your continued efforts, because of them the little fellow gets a new lease on life and good folks that don't even know it will get their chance to enjoy it in the future.

Best wishes for your continued success.

OF

Edit: "Viva Vapman!"

OF

Last edited:
Top Bottom