Vapman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well my Station fiiiiiinally arrived after nearly 3 months total (it sat for over a month in Finland, which was not unexpected, but then it sat in my local post office for another month for no reason, on top of a few other hiccups at the end and several phone calls) but seems to be completely intact and working fine! Much thanks to members here, for tipping me off and hooking me up, with this brand new station that needed a home... and of course big thanks to René for the cord plug/adapter and the vapman itself!

IMG-20200826-003759.jpg

So now that I have finally used it, I can say that the vapman experience (with the station) is very unique, pretty impressive, and quite fun. The whole design is just so well thought out, and with the station so precise, that I am a bit in awe of it :whoa: lol

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah I saw that, that was an old blue one right? Pretty wild! :freak:

I actually thought they were all blue, like I knew the old ones were a lighter blue, but I thought that a new ones were dark blue not black so that was a little surprise... I did want a colored egg I thought, but my black one matches the station now!

I ended up paying retail for the station itself, but then another $35 for the shipping, and an additional $25 for the cord and adapter from René (even though the station was supposedly shipped without them by mistake) So all in all my total price for this setup (which included a spare pear midsection, yew tree 18mm wpa, and pack of concentrate screens) came to about $470 actually :o

The things we do to complete our vaporizer collections :rofl:

Shit Snacks

if people are paying $1000 for these then sadly I will be a butaner for life. @Shit Snacks interested in hearing your impression when you get ample time.

It's very fun and precise as I said, unique experience that does give me a feel for what a vapcap induction heater could be like (and I am surprised how the vaping experience actually is similar to the vapcap with the vapman despite more pure conduction here) however I have never used the vapman with a torch and I have no plans to do so, so I'm not sure if that will be very helpful for you to decide if you need or want a station??

Dutch-Mic

however I have never used the vapman with a torch and I have no plans to do so, so I'm not sure if that will be very helpful for you to decide if you need or want a station??

For me I truly uncovered the potential of the Vapman when I used the Station. Delicious taste and a consistent connaisseur experience. I couldn't manage that with the lighter at first. The station really helped me to better my torch technique. Still the station has the edge, but now I can get also very satisfying results with fire.

In other words, I think the station is a great addition.

seki

I guess I was curious to how much more it improves the experience for you, but I forgot you had mentioned before you skipped the lighter and went straight to the station, no bullshit.

Those that have used both, do you get a difference as far as less heat cycles?

I'm another one who gave up on the torch once I acquired a Station. In many ways, the experience is analogous to using a VapCap with a torch then moving to an Induction Heater. You have a lot more control with a torch, but there's a lot more technique and patience required. Also similar to a VapCap, I find it's the kind of thing that just takes practice and once you've mastered it, you can achieve very similar results with either the torch or the Station.

Having said that, these days I am so lazy that I don't even think of reaching for a torch. The same thing happened to me with VapCaps once I got a Portside Mini.

Dutch-Mic

Couldn't have said it better than @seki. Maybe a difference is that the station can hit, in my opinion, a bit harder with the same amount of herb. I think others mentioned that too in the past, had something to do with the way that the station heats up if I recall it correctly.

MikeRotchHertz

I think it would be great for a relaxing evening. I think I've always just thought of this as a truly portable and rugged device so I take it on me a lot and use heavier devices at home.

It may just be a testament to the effectiveness of the station that you mainly use it at home solely. An IH comparison is obvious, but how long does it take to get to temp before you can use? I assume similar to a log? Not that one would ever want to take this out of the house being a $1000 instrument and all :lol:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
To those experiencing the joy of the Vapman+Station combo for the first time, I encourage you to play a little bit with heating techniques like heating the empty pan for 1-2 short heat cycles before loading your herb or leaving the Vapman on the station after the green light flashes and some vapor leaks out of the mouthpice and so forth. All not really necessary but it gives you a different experience and control over how hard you are hitting and resembles a little bit the torch experience.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I think it would be great for a relaxing evening. I think I've always just thought of this as a truly portable and rugged device so I take it on me a lot and use heavier devices at home.

It may just be a testament to the effectiveness of the station that you mainly use it at home solely. An IH comparison is obvious, but how long does it take to get to temp before you can use? I assume similar to a log? Not that one would ever want to take this out of the house being a $1000 instrument and all :lol:

Oh it heats up in about a minute! Way faster than any log or other desktop I've ever seen somehow... It shuts off after 5 minutes without use too. The other thing about it, like I was talking about with the temp precision, overall it is very consistent in general. You can control the speed of extraction with the temp settings, I haven't gone to high in heat yet, but starting low you get so many hits off one tiny bowl!

To those experiencing the joy of the Vapman+Station combo for the first time, I encourage you to play a little bit with heating techniques like heating the empty pan for 1-2 short heat cycles before loading your herb or leaving the Vapman on the station after the green light flashes and some vapor leaks out of the mouthpice and so forth. All not not necessary but it gives you a different experience and control over how hard you are hitting and resembles a little bit the torch experience.

Interesting I haven't thought of the preheat yet, but I have let it sit on a little bit after green without vapor leaking... I also even tried inhaling while it was heating up (lifting it off the station with my lips when green lol) There are indeed a lot of other variables you can control despite the consistent precision of the station.

I am trying to experiment with different grind consistencies, but so far have only tried a couple strains so that is a factor as well. Looking forward to concentrate experiments, I have live resin sauce and diamonds...

Shit Snacks

Getting the hang of it, nice extraction of this Blue Maui with ~5 hits at 360F and 5 at 385:

IMG-20200826-162740.jpg

And speaking of filling a pan, the art of vapor glazed ceramic funnel dish cup for the vapbong works perfectly with the vapman!

IMG-20200826-205857.jpg

Above this is now some Bruce Banner... both from my fine plate BCG ground upside down.

And here comes the first attachment, 18 mm custom J-Hook from Oregon Glass Blower:

IMG-20200826-211704.jpg

I'll work my way up to the high temps for water at some point too I'm sure... :nod:

Last edited:

MikeRotchHertz

Love the vapbong funnel appearance. So a new unfinished vapman puts off some smoke from the wood charring during the first few dry runs.

Did the station get hot enough to create the same effect? It still looks relatively uncharred from the pics.

Also, I was using the fine grind BCG but I think I might go back to medium as I keep getting random particles hit the back of my throat like a kamikaze gnat on the first heat cycle. I can see from your pic of the filter the fine is getting between the holes too.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

So a new unfinished vapman puts off some smoke from the wood charring during the first few dry runs.
Did the station get hot enough to create the same effect? It still looks relatively uncharred from the pics.

Yeah no that is not an issue at all using the station, no smoke because no charring because no flame bouncing around hitting the wood, this is just heating the pan directly with conduction through the seat of the station... :D That is another reason why I wanted this with the station only, so I wouldn't be burning wood, and didn't have to deal with the mica on the station (despite the exotic woods, I do really like the pear)

Also, I was using the fine grind BCG but I think I might go back to medium as I keep getting random particles hit the back of my throat like a kamikaze gnat on the first heat cycle. I can see from your pic of the filter the fine is getting between the holes too.

Oh well I can tell you I did not feel anything at all hitting my mouth, for me the filter seems to have been working and I was packing enough that it was all seated and sandwiched well... Of course I can't see inside the midsection, but I tend to notice if I get something in my mouth? that wasn't really even my concern at all, I was more concerned with getting herb stuck in the bottom three air intake hole pathwayss lol

Medium grind plate I think is too course for this, my Blue Maui pic was grinded in the fine plate and I consider it more medium whereas the Bruce Banner was ground upside down to be what I consider fine. The finer grind yields it in more vapor production and more even extraction in the vapman for me, which is what I expect of conduction...

Shit Snacks

Oop thread got quiet! Guess I have to do a back-to-back post now... My night with OZK:

So I accidentally left my VM on the station too long after the green last night, going too hard with back to back bowls at higher temp, this was a bowl I had taken several hits at level four (398F) already, getting roasty so I turned it down to between three and four (385F) for more... Got a little distracted while it was heating up, so I missed the green, it was probably not more than 20 seconds longer if even, but it was enough to completely toast the bowl and make me fear combustion! Had that smoky taste, so as I was hitting as much as I could as fast as I can I also took the top off and quickly emptied the pan then wiped the crumbs off the midsection screen and blew through it.

I also blow air on and around the pan to clear out little bits, and cool it off so I can use the brush, in normal use. So I got it pretty clean and the pan doesn't seem to retain any smoky smell! The midsection and mouthpiece however are a little stinkier, not sure the best way to try to clean them?? So I'm just letting them air out for now... As you can see below, it may not have actually combusted, merely super dark extraction?!

IMG-20200829-120146.jpg

On the left side, the lighter AVB is from the Firewood7 at 380F (a fun conduction comparison btw) then in the middle are two small bowls from the Vapman at ~390F, while the large darkened right side is the large overcooked bowl I described above from the VM... I was a little unsure last night, though it seems like it wasn't combustion, and now that it has sat on the table airing out overnight, I think I can tell that it is just super toasted by the smell and consistency!

So it seems I got pretty lucky, have to be more careful with the station, especially with back-to-back upper temp bowls like this as you do get pretty, preetttyy stoned! :ko:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks I accidentally left mine on the station the other night while vaping hash. Thankfully no combustion! :lol:

Yeah concentrate is going to be my next horizon, but I have live resin, raw garden purple unicorn indica and humboldt's finest orange creamsicle sativa, diamond sauces... Always so wary to use them in a vape like this, for wanting to keep it clean, I have a three pack of the concentrate screens, I guess I could double up if I'm feeling concerned? Or what about mixing with herbs? Still need to use a screen? Wondering about temperature as well, and if I would need to go through water... May be best to use a hydrotube and keep the VM upright??

Yeah concentrate is going to be my next horizon, but I have live resin, raw garden purple unicorn indica and humboldt's finest orange creamsicle sativa, diamond sauces... Always so wary to use them in a vape like this, for wanting to keep it clean, I have a three pack of the concentrate screens, I guess I could double up if I'm feeling concerned? Or what about mixing with herbs? Still need to use a screen? Wondering about temperature as well, and if I would need to go through water... May be best to use a hydrotube and keep the VM upright??

I'm not a concentrates guy normally, but I picked up some nice hash recently and managed to snag a concentrate screen from VGoodiez. No issues at all with hash straight up with the screen. Works fantastic and just keeps on hitting. I've gone close to max on the station and it can get a bit hot/dry, but nothing crazy. I'd definitely be more wary using it with wax/shatter/rosin etc.

Shit Snacks

I'm not a concentrates guy normally, but I picked up some nice hash recently and managed to snag a concentrate screen from VGoodiez. No issues at all with hash straight up with the screen. Works fantastic and just keeps on hitting. I've gone close to max on the station and it can get a bit hot/dry, but nothing crazy. I'd definitely be more wary using it with wax/shatter/rosin etc.

Yeah I guess hash really has that, hard clay texture, I can see how that would just bake into the steel mesh? Actually found a small piece I have, pretty old I forget from where, not sure it's worth using I was just going to throw it in when cooking someday lol

I also don't do concentrate much, would use carts out and about but that hasn't been a thing in a long time, and I used to dab with a friend but I haven't seen him in a long time, so now it is even rarer. Though I have a couple different things I use, the best probably being convection dabs with splinter, but I think a conduction would be more effective and this should taste much better than any coil atomizer I have either.

Top Bottom