Vapman

simba

@weedanwine
amazing sale going on right now in the classifieds… so many beauties !! Lovely for the eyes, a bit less for the wallet…
Absolutely incredible collection, I had to control myself and not message 😬

The pieces are all brand new too. All lovely. I have them all except for one of them...by the way, you can always write to Rene and see what he has for sale. He has all of these still for sale. I just bought the Purple heart and another one from him. He sends me photos and I choose that way.

Even the blackwood and ebony?

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Absolutely incredible collection, I had to control myself and not message 😬

Even the blackwood and ebony?
Yes...! I have a Blackwood and Ebony....both in my collection. I do not have an ASH, Greenheart, Padouke. Those are the ones I am missing...and the special edition with the mushrooms. I do not have.

Dr. G,
Reactions: simba

Gourmet

Cocobolo-Classic-06.jpg
I guess, I know this Cocobolo... ;-)

in the flashlight

Gourmet

It must have been around 3 to 4 years ago, it was a small series that he made back then.

Cocobolo is a beautiful wood, but depending on the piece, it can also contain quite a lot of resin and starts to smell when hot.
The Classic version with the long mica has an advantage here.

Not everyone likes the wood scents, for me it's more of a collector's item than something I vape often. ;-)

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
Im in the US and got # 11 also. Just sent an email to the guys and asked them to verify my understanding there was a limited run with unique numbering. Perhaps I understood incorrectly, but based on the marketing, I can't see it any other way than multiple of the same number being sold...

The guys sent me an email this morning with similar explanation as posted here. They are a small outfit and I can understand the hiccups especially dealing with another vendor. Appreciate their candor and quick response, as they have always been with me. Cheers.

I must say that that horsebeam really caught my eye. I remember seing on a pic a nearly white VM, I think that is the one :)
Photos don’t do the hornbeam justice! It is so very bueatiful. When the light hits is just right it can appear almost iridescent.

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
Did a clean of my Vapman, the top section is nice and clean but the pan is only marginally cleaner after using ISO on cotton buds.

I've seen the mustard powder technique talked about but I'm far too worried about that getting down the air tubes even if they are plugged with something 😬

Any easier ways to clean the pan?

ATLelbow

Did a clean of my Vapman, the top section is nice and clean but the pan is only marginally cleaner after using ISO on cotton buds.

I've seen the mustard powder technique talked about but I'm far too worried about that getting down the air tubes even if they are plugged with something 😬

Any easier ways to clean the pan?
The pan, in my experience, gets a bit dirty and doesn't effect function. Only foolproof is to replace the pan I would conjecture; I have never tried that though. But then again, it'll only get a little dirty again. I try to only use one with butane, and use the others with the station. Especially pure without mica. They work well w the station.
I use a sewing pin to clean the holes on the mouthpiece of the vapmans I have as they are Swiss. Same with holes in the pan, from bottom up while held upside down. ( If I recall )

Your pan looks great compared to mine.

Gourmet

Over the years, I have tried out a few cleaning rituals.

In the meantime, I've arrived at “quick and dirty”, so every 2-3 weeks the workhorse is cleaned mainly with a brush.

It's really dirty and clogged, so the cleaning is worthwhile! :D

I use 2 brushes, one for the rough work and one to clean the dirty brush. (Pig bristles, no plastic!) I bought these brushes from René, the new ones are also very good.

The pan is heated up properly for this, then the brush is used at the first air hole. Then heat up again and continue.
From experience, I hardly touch the mica, just a quick brush over it is enough. The patina protects the surface very well.

Sometimes I still use this Magic Sponge, but only for a quick wipe.

In the second part, I also use the familiar needle to clean the air tubes, also when hot.
The best result is achieved by removing the tip of the needle.

The result is good enough for me.

The middlepiece and mouthpiece are also roughly cleaned, I'm so lazy, I don't even have the screws on, but clamp the filter part to the wood with the two tabs. As I only clean with a brush and a pipe-cleaner, there is always some resin left over, so the filter part holds better.
We don't want to conceal the advantages of laziness. :D

simba

@weedanwine
Wow great clean up of the pan! I've seen people talk about the magic sponge but never used it for a vape as I've got no idea what they're made of.

Heating the pan for cleaning is one of those obvious ideas I didn't think of 😂 so thanks 👍🏽

Also because of @Dr. G I've contacted René and he does have an ebony vapman available 😱

ATLelbow

Over the years, I have tried out a few cleaning rituals.

In the meantime, I've arrived at “quick and dirty”, so every 2-3 weeks the workhorse is cleaned mainly with a brush.

It's really dirty and clogged, so the cleaning is worthwhile! :D

I use 2 brushes, one for the rough work and one to clean the dirty brush. (Pig bristles, no plastic!) I bought these brushes from René, the new ones are also very good.

The pan is heated up properly for this, then the brush is used at the first air hole. Then heat up again and continue.
From experience, I hardly touch the mica, just a quick brush over it is enough. The patina protects the surface very well.

Sometimes I still use this Magic Sponge, but only for a quick wipe.

In the second part, I also use the familiar needle to clean the air tubes, also when hot.
The best result is achieved by removing the tip of the needle.

The result is good enough for me.

The middlepiece and mouthpiece are also roughly cleaned, I'm so lazy, I don't even have the screws on, but clamp the filter part to the wood with the two tabs. As I only clean with a brush and a pipe-cleaner, there is always some resin left over, so the filter part holds better.
We don't want to conceal the advantages of laziness. :D

Wow. That is insane. Mine is nowhere near that clean. Caked up. Y'all do a great job. Do you think the caked up part can be removed with magic sponge thing?

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Wow great clean up of the pan! I've seen people talk about the magic sponge but never used it for a vape as I've got no idea what they're made of.

Heating the pan for cleaning is one of those obvious ideas I didn't think of 😂 so thanks 👍🏽

Also because of @Dr. G I've contacted René and he does have an ebony vapman available 😱
Yes, I saw that one. It is gorgeous. GET IT! Congratulations!!! I love that one.

Gourmet

I've seen people talk about the magic sponge but never used it for a vape as I've got no idea what they're made of.
Please do not eat or inhale! :lol:

It is a plastic, so only use on a cold pan.
Brush the pan clean and blow out after use the sponge and you are good to go.

I wouldn't use them in closed vapes with perforated heating plates, where I can't see
under the heating pan where small pieces of sponge might go.

Do you think the caked up part can be removed with magic sponge thing?

If I apply too much pressure, it will (after a while) rub off the thin gold coating.

For stuck-on resin residues, I can recommend first the brush, then hardwood picks, and heating the pan properly before cleaning.
Theoretically, you could also use a fine needle point to loosen the resin nests, but the risk of damage is too big in my opinion.

The pan also works very well with patina, it's just a visual issue.
However, with regular rough cleaning and moderate heating (such as on the Vapman station) it remains relatively clean.

Radwin Bodnic

that guy wanting to buy all the collection managed to save my wallet :bowdown:
Can we talk a bit more about that please ?

Someone bought all the units offered by @Die_Toffifee ?
Is he/she on this board ?

I would totally understand if this person wants to stay anonymous. In the other hand it would be nice to have such an enthusiastic connoisseur contributing to this thread. :nod:

simba

@weedanwine
Can we talk a bit more about that please ?

Someone bought all the units offered by @Die_Toffifee ?
Is he/she on this board ?

I would totally understand if this person wants to stay anonymous. In the other hand it would be nice to have such an enthusiastic connoisseur contributing to this thread. :nod:

You'd assume they must be unless it was advertised in other places too?

simba,
Reactions: sansei

coolbreeze

You'd assume they must be unless it was advertised in other places too?
My understanding is a European member contacted him immediately after he posted it with an offer to buy all of them. If some or all of the sale doesn't go through, he will sell what's left as possible. I have no idea who it is, doesn't really make any difference to me, I just hope they enjoy--and show them off--as much as any of us would. It's a great day for someone!

it wasn’t me :-)
Dang it, me neither ; )

Top Bottom