Vapman

RxPlorer

Yes I agree that hash works beautifully in the vapman - it was the first thing I tried with it - but shatter is also easy in the same way that resin is not. I’m able to get kief but it’s not lower grade. Why do you recommend lower grade?
I was just referring to kief as a lower grade than 5 or 6 star hash, since it will inevitably contain more plant material.

In my experience, even kief is a better choice for the vapman than live rosin, simply due to the loading and cleanup process.

I always use the official concentrate seive (screen) with the above

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I was just referring to kief as a lower grade than 5 or 6 star hash, since it will inevitably contain more plant material.

In my experience, even kief is a better choice for the vapman than live rosin, simply due to the loading and cleanup process.

I always use the official concentrate seive (screen) with the above
I’m almost considering a 4 piece grinder but I’ll have some kief in about a week and that will be enjoyable. Aside from the vapman what concentrate vaporizers do you like for in particular sticky concentrates?

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Stache RiO is my go to, cold start dabs are rad! Puffco makes good products as well, I use the Plus pen as my portable wax machine.
Thank you! I just read up on Stache Rio, it seems fantastic and reasonably priced. The upcoming 4/20 sale day can’t come quick enough.

jeffp,
Reactions: Timps27

checkyourlibido

Because the Vapman was already so good. Plus the fact that the "father" of the design was still in Switzerland.
How can you make such a good design better ? I wasn't able to imagine but they made it.
What makes it feel better in your experience?

checkyourlibido,

passenger

is this thing on?
It's better because all of the experience that René had gathered with the original Version went into this new refined CNC Version of it. You won't feel a difference when using the Micah Version compared to the original. The new design looks very classy - it's like an italian sports car maybe? (: The pure has a bigger improvement over the original basic as the wood won't scorch as bad when using it with a flame. No difference on the station though. The best new choice is the standard wood being olive now, it looks, feels and tastes great. The Micah looks better in the new version. Still, but that's maybe just me, I like the feeling of the older models a bit more when holding it, that's probably because I'm used to them longer...

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’ve been pulling my units out a lot more recently and I just gotta reiterate how incredible this little thing really is! So much character wrapped up in a tiny little package, a truly unique vaping experience.

I’ve said this before but I really do think Micheal and David were the best people to be keeping the Vapman legacy alive. I’m eagerly awaiting the next special edition drop 👀 I’ve basically decided I’ll have to get them all so.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Oh Dear, @vapman René, I missed your birthday by nearly one month! I am so sorry, but life came inbetween...
So, with quite some delay, but still from the heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you for bringing the Vapman into our life! ❤️

Happy Birthday GIF

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Sorry, another post (cannot edit the one above any longer)...

Dear all,

I have been lurking around the "new version" of the Vapman for quite a long time now. On the one hand, I was interested in what David and Michael changed in the OG Vapman, on the other hand, I found it totally bananas to buy yet another model of the same vape. I already own around 8 OG Vapman in different types of wood (I don't even know the exact number off the top of my head, there are a lot), so it seemed totally absurd to add another one to the collection.

Then, after writing the post above, I sat at a nice OG Vapman session in the evening and after a while it didn't seem absurd at all. I think we all know that moment.... So I ordered one of the new models, curiosity and broad-mindedness had won.

The next day came the hangover.
Would I regret it?
Are the small improvements worth owning another model?
Two questions that had to be answered...

The parcel from Italy arrived super fast via DHL Express to my home in Germany. Less than 48 hours and it was there. Very cool.

The answers to my two questions were quickly found: No and Yes.

The guys have really succeeded in making a really good product even better, I am very impressed. The new wooden box and the pouch for transport are both really nice and practical and a great alternative to the transport egg. Each has its appeal and advantage, but they are all great.

The finish of the updated Vapman is clean and accomplished. There's nothing to complain about, even for an old OG user like me. But what really makes me happy, is the reason for my "yes" to the second question:

Finally, the filling funnel sits completely flush on the mica version, without gaps. This might be a small detail, but it is not the case with any of my OG models and it always annoyed me quite a bit. Filling is now MUCH better and easier than before, especially if you are already a bit stoned and/or on the road. Also very cool are the new (AFC) mouthpieces. I used to plug the holes with toothpick pieces to my liking, but it's much better this way and I like being able to change the airflow every now and then.

I am really impressed and very happy that the Vapman lives on in such high quality.

Are you, like me, a "Vapman veteran" and have so far thought that the new model doesn't give you any advantage? You are wrong then, like i was. If you like your OG Vapman and can afford it: Buy the new model too. It's worth it!

Best wishes and a great day to all!

Gnome34

Just had a vapman session to start the weekend. Hadn't used it in almost a week, feels like I got hit by a Mac truck! Did two bowls back to back(still a small amount of material) and I almost wish I had stopped at the first bowl.

Such a fantastic device. I am tempted by the airflow control mouthpiece. Get the feeling that will be coming along with the desktop heating element when it releases.

vapman

Manufacturer
Oh Dear, @vapman René, I missed your birthday by nearly one month! I am so sorry, but life came inbetween...
So, with quite some delay, but still from the heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you for bringing the Vapman into our life! ❤️

Happy Birthday GIF

Thank you for the good wishes and thank you for being such a loyal vapman follower!

I'll be heading to Italy in the next few days, the vapman heating station is on top of the priority list!

All the best to everyone,

René

Radwin Bodnic

Hello everyone,

Vapman user since 10 years, I discovered FC a few months ago and learned a few things here. You guys have been really useful to enhance my vaping experience. Thank you.

I wanted to share about a few tools I use with the vapman. I'll be glad if I could be useful as well.

A kit tailored for two people :

At the foreground, on the left you can see a little adapter from Primus (Sweden). You can screw it on standard EN417 gas cartridges in order to fill your Vapman lighter.
This gives you an extraordinary autonomy when you're in a trip. When hiking for a few days with bivouacs, you can use the cartridge from your stove : they are usually of a really good quality. I do prefer using MSR IsoPro gas during winter as the vapman lighter performs better with it when it gets cold. It is an isobutane / propane mixture. For warmer weather I go for cheaper gas (Optimus) that is still of a great quality (isobutane, butane and propane).

Tips :
  • Drain your lighter before filling (press the valve).
  • With the lighter heading down, press by intermittent pushes of a few seconds each.
  • Put the provided little plastic stopper on the piezo trigger so it don't clicks while you push down.
  • It will be quicker if the lighter is colder than the cartridge : the pressure inside the lighter will be lower (Gay-Lussac's Law). It results in less resistance to let the gas flow in. (The higher the ratio Cartridge T° over Lighter T° the quicker you'll fill. Though it is not recommended to heat your gas cartridge to raise this ratio.)
The lighter is usually full in less than 30 seconds.

Processing flower :

I first grind with the Krush Kube 2.0 (solid piece of gear). This fluffy grind is then processed with the finishing grinder by MFLB. The finishing grinder sits quite well but not tight on a 15 mL Miron glass jar (on the right).
Extra dry flower work better with the Vapman and these glass jars keep finely ground flower in perfect condition for several months.
I am a microdoser : a 15 mL Miron jar full of extra fine grind lasts me 1 to 2 months.
I don't need a scale to know that the Vapman is super efficient and keeps my tolerance really low…

I mostly use the microdosing sieve. Inside the vapman the material is sandwiched between two stainless steel screens (microdosing sieve and middle piece filter). Stainless steel as a greater thermal resistance than copper and by design the filter and the sieve both act as radiators.
This way the material is heated by radiation a lot more and conduction is less involved. It gives a more consistent extraction, you can go higher in temperature with less risk of charring the herbs and it overall increase the efficiency, especially with the extra fine and fluffy grind.
A half bowl with the sieve gives me around 10 draws with 4-6 nice clouds. (The others are wispy hits but always great in flavor).
A half bowl with the sieve gets me as high as a full bowl. And that's pretty high…

Here is the ABV from 4 half bowls :

Super evenly extracted.
Still has green shades but my session end rather quickly when the taste is fading. I keep it for edibles one day though I'm not filling the ABV jar really fast…

No need to say that the Vapman ritual gives a good mood and setting for enjoying mother nature's treasures…

This is my first post here and yet no Vapman picture ?
I guess I like a bit of teasing.

Keep up the good vibe of this thread, it's becoming rare among the internet…

Cheers !

Last edited:

im not a robot

a little adapter from Primus
i agree what a wonderful & informative post. i usually just end up gushing how wonderul the vapman is, after 400+ pages there might not be so much new to suggest. but i bet that primus adapter for refilling has not been mentioned yet. i do go camping a lot, never went long enough to max out the lighter, but could happen?
I mostly use the microdosing sieve. Inside the vapman the material is sandwiched between two stainless steel screens (microdosing sieve and middle piece filter)
i am unclear what the middle piece filter is? i almost always use the microdosing sieve, if this can be improved upon, id like to try

& welcome to FC

Radwin Bodnic

Thank you all for your warm welcome ! :)

but i bet that primus adapter for refilling has not been mentioned yet. i do go camping a lot, never went long enough to max out the lighter, but could happen?
I've been through all this thread at least two times. Though I don't remember all I've read, I am quite sure it wasn't mentioned before.

I agree that's hard to max out the lighter in a camp trip. But this is my usual way of filling lighters. Where I live butane cartridges sold for lighter refilling are at least twice the price per Liter of gas compared to outdoor gas cartridges.

I think it's the piece of metal attached to the wooden middle piece by 2 screws.
Indeed it is. René used to mention this part as the filter :
Keep the filter clean and shiny at all times!!:nod: One of the holy laws of vapman.:)

japecan

I have been looking at the Vapman for a long time for micro dosing but I have SCE, Senior Citizen Eyes so it needed to be paired with a Station 😂. So Saturday one comes up on discord so i snagged it and it arrived this early afternoon, love the USPS! Plugged it in waited for red light to turn amber, used the ring in the filling chamber, nice design, twisted stem back in dropped it in the Station and waited till green and oh boy my tongue got very very happy! Unbelievable flavor. Didnt use anything else for hours then to my XL. I must of used it 10 times till i left with it to moms. Plugged it in had a few load sessions and went to kitchen and came back to burnt smell and this happened

I’m sad!

I have been looking at the Vapman for a long time for micro dosing but I have SCE, Senior Citizen Eyes so it needed to be paired with a Station 😂. So Saturday one comes up on discord so i snagged it and it arrived this early afternoon, love the USPS! Plugged it in waited for red light to turn amber, used the ring in the filling chamber, nice design, twisted stem back in dropped it in the Station and waited till green and oh boy my tongue got very very happy! Unbelievable flavor. Didnt use anything else for hours then to my XL. I must of used it 10 times till i left with it to moms. Plugged it in had a few load sessions and went to kitchen and came back to burnt smell and this happened

I’m sad!

That's my Station. I've literally never had an issue with it. Really sorry that happened. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? I always used it with the stock power supply plugged into a surge protector.

japecan

That's my Station. I've literally never had an issue with it. Really sorry that happened. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? I always used it with the stock power supply in a surge protector.
I have been using it for at least two hours before this happened at moms, to wall though.

japecan,
Top Bottom