• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hi everyone!
I'm thinking of approaching my first vapman but I read here about a "station" coming up.... What is it? Do you advise me to wait for it?
Thanks!
The Station is a little wooden heater that plugs into the wall and you set the Vapman on the top covering the heater. It basically turns the torch powered Vapman into an electric desktop vape.

Do I think you should wait to get it? Absolutely not haha. Most of us here have never used a station and it certainly isn’t the “best” way to use this device. You’ll be just fine with a torch in the meantime until the station finally get released again. Originally the Station was only available a couple times and in smaller batch sizes and hasn’t been available for purchase in a number of years.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Do you advise me to wait for it?
Some people who own previous stations think they're astonishing.
My view is they're unlikely to come in at<€200 and I'm not convinced the heater will add that much value to my current experience of the Vapman. But I'm also about the simplicity so also bear that in mind. Best of luck.

someTooL

I will concur not to wait. Such an amazing ritual with the torch.

However, the station is an added value. I started with a torch but was lucky enough to snag a station. I use it rarely but it allowed me to be a better torch user if that makes sense. I could never achieve the low temp performance that the station delivers. Just a different experience.

coolbreeze

Hi everyone!
I'm thinking of approaching my first vapman but I read here about a "station" coming up.... What is it? Do you advise me to wait for it?
Thanks!
The station's wonderful but don't wait. You will be well along the path to becoming a torch wizard by the time the station is in your hands, and that's a worthwhile skill to have! ; )

SquirrelMaster

Hi everyone!
Thanks!
The station has been "coming" (back) for a long time now. If you plan to use the torch anyways I'd either grab one now or wait for the 420 sale. I bought my Vapman during their Cyber Monday sale in 2021, hoping the station would be out fairly soon after that, and I'm still waiting. I like the convenience of electric heating personally.

Don't hate me FC, but my Vapman, which is fucking gorgeous btw, has never even been used :ninja:. It's a museum piece imo and part of me is concerned I'll torch it, which would be followed by an immediate release of the station. I'm a funny fucker sometimes.

coolbreeze

The station has been "coming" (back) for a long time now. If you plan to use the torch anyways I'd either grab one now or wait for the 420 sale. I bought my Vapman during their Cyber Monday sale in 2021, hoping the station would be out fairly soon after that, and I'm still waiting. I like the convenience of electric heating personally.

Don't hate me FC, but my Vapman, which is fucking gorgeous btw, has never even been used :ninja:. It's a museum piece imo and part of me is concerned I'll torch it, which would be followed by an immediate release of the station. I'm a funny fucker sometimes.
Just do like everyone else: get yourself another one! ; )

Seriously, torching it won't harm a classic one at all and they're easy to clean. But if you're waiting on the station, take heart: they've said it's coming this summer and there have been pics of them assembling them, so your wait may not be in vain!

SquirrelMaster

Just do like everyone else: get yourself another one! ; )

Seriously, torching it won't harm a classic one at all and they're easy to clean. But if you're waiting on the station, take heart: they've said it's coming this summer and there have been pics of them assembling them, so your wait may not be in vain!
My plan is to pick up at least 1 more, maybe 2, once they have more woods available and the station is available. I'll buy the Vapmans by themselves if the right woods come up. Then I can load up 2 or 3 at a time, vape them back to back with the station and hand a grand old time 🙂.

I should have bought some of the originals while they were still available. Olivewood is beautiful but I want to see the variety of woods, even if limited, like the originals came in.

jbm

My plan is to pick up at least 1 more, maybe 2, once they have more woods available and the station is available. I'll buy the Vapmans by themselves if the right woods come up. Then I can load up 2 or 3 at a time, vape them back to back with the station and hand a grand old time 🙂.

I should have bought some of the originals while they were still available. Olivewood is beautiful but I want to see the variety of woods, even if limited, like the originals came in.
My first was a classic Swiss walnut, which I seldom use because I dislike the mica. Since then I’ve bought (all pure) a walnut endless knot, an olive wood, a Kotibe and a Swiss pear. I mostly use the knot and the olive. The Kotibe and pear are as yet unused. I didn’t buy a mushroom one because I didn’t like the engraving.

I also missed out on the applewood, but that was because it would have been my first Vapman and you couldn’t get it with the kit, which I wanted.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

My first was a classic Swiss walnut, which I seldom use because I dislike the mica. Since then I’ve bought (all pure) a walnut endless knot, an olive wood, a Kotibe and a Swiss pear. I mostly use the knot and the olive. The Kotibe and pear are as yet unused. I didn’t buy a mushroom one because I didn’t like the engraving.
Did your pure olive scorch at all? I've hear they do, I heard they don't. Not that it would bother me much, just curious.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

passenger

is this thing on?
Did your pure olive scorch at all? I've hear they do, I heard they don't. Not that it would bother me much, just curious.
Can't tell you from own experience as I use the basics/pures on the station but René told me the slight change in design makes scorching much less likely.

jbm

For the amount of use it’s gotten not much. There is some very light charring on the top inside edge of the bottom piece, but really you have to look for it. I prefer the charring as an expression of wabi-sabi anyway. The walnut knot has a good deal more charring. First session on any given day you can faintly smell the wood.

coolbreeze

Can't tell you from own experience as I use the basics/pures on the station but René told me the slight change in design makes scorching much less likely.
I had heard that, but I only have a basic Swiss walnut and that one's pretty scorched (got it just months before my station, unfortunately). Not ugly, but plenty of char. I don't think I've even seen an Olive with any marks....

For the amount of use it’s gotten not much. There is some very light charring on the top inside edge of the bottom piece, but really you have to look for it. I prefer the charring as an expression of wabi-sabi anyway. The walnut knot has a good deal more charring. First session on any given day you can faintly smell the wood.
Awesome. So the reconfiguration really helped, then. I wonder if the Kotibe's do as well (I understood that the olivewood is in part protected by its oils).

And I agree about the wabi-sabi. Even if I had had gotten my pure walnut after my station, it woulda got torched at some point anyways: the ritual requires a sacrificial and purifying flame at times. Of course the ritual of the blinking lights demands only the sacrifice of some unoccupied braincells....

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Thank you very much for your help!
I’ll wait for 420 sales :nod:
That's a good idea, maybe there'll be more info on the station by then, too.

If you haven't seen this, here's Rene introducing the OG Station:

botanicalman

Hey guys, I used to post in the thread some years ago. I have had vapman as my buddy for an incredible amount of time, evangelizing many friends, who now also own this wonderful and fascinating piece of equipment. It is proabably one of my favourite items, for many reasons, as we all have stated in this vapman thread. So the backpack with my vapman classic got stolen last week :ninja: and well, it is the thing that I miss the most about that backpack and I wanted to buy a new one. I really haven't read the last pages of this thread but it surprised me to see that Vapman has a new business model now, selling each piece, or set, for a much-elevated price. It is obvious that the price has increased after all these years, but the new business model caught me of guard.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hey guys, I used to post in the thread some years ago. I have had vapman as my buddy for an incredible amount of time, evangelizing many friends, who now also own this wonderful and fascinating piece of equipment. It is proabably one of my favourite items, for many reasons, as we all have stated in this vapman thread. So the backpack with my vapman classic got stolen last week :ninja: and well, it is the thing that I miss the most about that backpack and I wanted to buy a new one. I really haven't read the last pages of this thread but it surprised me to see that Vapman has a new business model now, selling each piece, or set, for a much-elevated price. It is obvious that the price has increased after all these years, but the new business model caught me of guard.
Most sincere condolences on the loss of your classic! That’s awful.

New business model and ownership, but René still plays a roll in the company.

I don’t think the prices have been much elevated compared to what they used to be based on a couple things, most importantly: the cost of living, energy, rent, inflation, ect. But also what comes with the Full kit Vs. What used to come with the full kit, and not to mention the type of wood being used. I’m not sure if they’re still available on the site but the OG walnut classics (just the vape and egg) are still very well priced, as are the Pear ones.

These Italian guys also seem to have fairly frequent sales throughout the year too.

It’s sorta funny when you mention cost because one of the first complaints on this thread from like 15 years ago was how expensive this piece of wood was 😂

I do agree that it’s not a cheap as it once was, but nothing in this world is at the moment.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I began experimenting with concentrates with the adapter disc and I think the vapman is ideal, the hits are massive and flavorful as it always is. The lighter techniques are a little bit the same and a little bit different, it finds itself as I played with it. Yesterday live resin propelled me out of orbit but ran out. (extremely sticky and not easy to spread or drop onto the disc but worth the effort - a toothpick pulling it off the dab tool helps). This morning I picked up a gram of shatter and it’s much easier to deal but the flame technique is different. I get nice results with 4 2 second blasts for the first hit and then a few blasts until I see vapor. The world of concentrates is fairly new to me and with nothing to compare it against I can still say that I can’t see the need for a dedicated dab rig, I think this is quite fine.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

I began experimenting with concentrates with the adapter disc and I think the vapman is ideal, the hits are massive and flavorful as it always is. The lighter techniques are a little bit the same and a little bit different, it finds itself as I played with it. Yesterday live resin propelled me out of orbit but ran out. (extremely sticky and not easy to spread or drop onto the disc but worth the effort - a toothpick pulling it off the dab tool helps). This morning I picked up a gram of shatter and it’s much easier to deal but the flame technique is different. I get nice results with 4 2 second blasts for the first hit and then a few blasts until I see vapor. The world of concentrates is fairly new to me and with nothing to compare it against I can still say that I can’t see the need for a dedicated dab rig, I think this is quite fine.
The perfect concentrate for the vapman is LOOSE hash - sift or bubble, but not the pressed sort. It's easier to distribute and clean up than live resin. 5/6 star are full melt, but won't stick to your tool the way resin and shatter will. Do yourself a favor and try it.

Oh, lower-grade kief works great as well. Way cheaper than live resin and still a preferable vapman experience in my opinion

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The perfect concentrate for the vapman is LOOSE hash - sift or bubble, but not the pressed sort. It's easier to distribute and clean up than live resin. 5/6 star are full melt, but won't stick to your tool the way resin and shatter will. Do yourself a favor and try it.

Oh, lower-grade kief works great as well. Way cheaper than live resin and still a preferable vapman experience in my opinion
Yes I agree that hash works beautifully in the vapman - it was the first thing I tried with it - but shatter is also easy in the same way that resin is not. I’m able to get kief but it’s not lower grade. Why do you recommend lower grade?

jeffp,

Gourmet

Have you already tried it with two screens on top of each other?

The lower sieve can absorb the liquefied extract, as long as it is not too much.
I burn the sieves clean after use with a pliers and the jet.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Have you already tried it with two screens on top of each other?

The lower sieve can absorb the liquefied extract, as long as it is not too much.
I burn the sieves clean after use with a pliers and the
No I’m unaware of your suggestion regarding screens which is an interesting idea I assume to shield the sieve from resin, is that correct? How do you poke a hole into the screens so they can be inserted? The sieve dirties quickly so my thought was to buy one or two more so a clean one is always available. Torching the sieve clean is a good idea, I drop mine in ISO along with my other vaporizer screens overnight and then scrape it clean with a toothpick. It works. Also I find that it’s a good idea to separate the middle and bottom part when I’m done getting high. Otherwise the vapman will get sticky and force is needed to separate, it’s better to be gentle with our little friends.

jeffp,
Reactions: Gourmet

Gourmet

How do you poke a hole into the screens so they can be inserted?
I use the originals, they are much more tightly woven than the conventional bong screens.
However, a toothpick should do the job with the other screens.

If the extract is very liquid, you may be able to fit three screens on top of each other in the Vapman.
However, even then there is a slight resin film in the pan, which is easy to clean when the pan is still warm.

Opening the vapman after vaping and removing the sieves when it is still warm is highly recommended. (as I know from experience :D )

Top Bottom