Vapman

Texus

. It does seem like my pure walnut heats a slight bit more aggressively than the pear or olive and it is a lighter, less dense wood than either.

Good point. It could be pear vs olive or walnut rather than being Pure. And I do feel difference is over so slight.

And that's another cool thing: you can turn it way down, and while it seems whispy at first, you will really build surprising hits and the flavor suffers less. It's sort of uncanny.
So where exactly on the dial we talking here. I usually live between 5 & 7...

passenger

is this thing on?
The station got no 7 (:
...but you can start at 2, even at 1, and while you have no vapor in the beginning, you start with sipping all terpenes contained until the vapor starts. Like coolbreeze said, you get to larger clouds after a while and you will have very nice flavor all the way - for quite a while even after you're done with the session. You also won't get the sledgehammer feeling where you have the effect onset all at once, but more like a slow buildup. Less negative side effects, if you are affected by those. It's about the way you travel: Spacerocket or weatherballoon?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Good point. It could be pear vs olive or walnut rather than being Pure. And I do feel difference is over so slight.

So where exactly on the dial we talking here. I usually live between 5 & 7...
My friends talked me down from the 3.5 -4 range; now I'm usually at about 2.75-3. It works just as passenger says!

vapman acquisition syndrome is no joke.
This should be a warning at the top of the thread .

Otoh, most of those who succumb just seem happier and happier all the time...

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
As someone with multiple ballers and plenty of desktop power; I still love my Vapman and have no plans to cede it from the rotation. I think this thread is evidence enough that the Vapman is a special device that hasn’t lost it’s luster over the years despite the market shifting around it.

simba

@weedanwine
Had a few weeks with my vapman now, I opted for one of the OG Swiss Walnut editions and I'm very happy with it. Got the hang of it quickly, and things only get better from there. Think the vapman lighter pairs perfectly with it, and is pretty great for other devices too. For the right situation nothing beats it tbh.

Not quite a daily driver, but very present in my selection. Very glad I finally got on board after years of curiosity about this device.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Every now and then I’ll take a step back and see it for the goofy looking thing it is, but I’m glad I finally snagged one in the ‘second coming.’

I’d use mine even more but taking out the concentrate screen is a minor PITA and it’s my go to for hash. I suppose that’s why I need two…

Keep on keeping on, @vapman!

passenger

is this thing on?
Every now and then I’ll take a step back and see it for the goofy looking thing it is, but I’m glad I finally snagged one in the ‘second coming.’

I’d use mine even more but taking out the concentrate screen is a minor PITA and it’s my go to for hash. I suppose that’s why I need two…

Keep on keeping on, @vapman!
You need to get it out while it's still hot: Either with one of these bent tweezers or you push it out with a toothpick it's a matter of seconds

coolbreeze

Anyone make cool artisan stems for the Vapman?

Loving the new kotibe, beautiful color.
Saw some amazing @phattpiggie midsections in pics I think were from IG, but I only assume they were for sale. I also saw that someone had gotten a really nice wooden adapter made by KGWoodcrafts to attach Dynavap stems to VMs; there's also one made by the Dynabox dudes, I think, but it's not as nice as @khelek41girl 's wooden one, which I would love to have myself.

Never told you it was my first Vapman.
May i introduce you to: Snow White and the seven Dwarfs

Leopardwood?! Holy Crap!! What's the one on the right end?

Last edited:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Saw some amazing @phattpiggie midsections in pics I think were from IG, but I only assume they were for sale. I also saw that someone had gotten a really nice wooden adapter made by KGWoodcrafts to attach Dynavap stems to VMs; there's also one made by the Dynabox dudes, I think, but it's not as nice as @khelek41girl 's wooden one, which I would love to have myself.

Leopardwood?! Holy Crap!! What's the one on the right end?

Haha, just my new Italian olive wood

Vahn84

Hey guys I’m still waiting for the shipping notice…I placed the order for the og on Monday (evening)…do you think it’s ok? If I remember correctly the first time with the new model it shipped pretty fast…

Edit: I just saw a tracking number in my order summary…they’ve created the shipping label then but it hasn’t been shipped yet

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I can see why you're stopping there!

How do you like it so far?
I'm happy to see the Vapman spirit lives on!
As i like to use the Vapman on the go i often load and vape while walking. I feel that i have to get used to the bigger loading funnel, as it feels a little bit more fiddly tamping the load down with my fingers and remove the funnel compared to the OG. But that are first world problems. Really like the wooden case and the borosilicat mouthpiece and wpa!

coolbreeze

I'm happy to see the Vapman spirit lives on!
As i like to use the Vapman on the go i often load and vape while walking. I feel that i have to get used to the bigger loading funnel, as it feels a little bit more fiddly tamping the load down with my fingers and remove the funnel compared to the OG. But that are first world problems. Really like the wooden case and the borosilicat mouthpiece and wpa!
I have been filling without the funnel lately but I don't think I could do it walking! I agree about the case and the boro pieces--especially that mouthpiece--and the little bag's pretty nice too.

Do you know when your element branded VM was built?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Greenteam

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I have been filling without the funnel lately but I don't think I could do it walking! I agree about the case and the boro pieces--especially that mouthpiece--and the little bag's pretty nice too.

Do you know when your element branded VM was built?
I bought it 2011 online as my first vape, but maybe it was from an older stock and built earlier. It was love at the seconds sight by the way, it took me 2-3 years to give it a seconds chance.
Maybe René from @vapman can chime in and tell us about the time he changed the branding

coolbreeze

I bought it 2011 online as my first vape, but maybe it was from an older stock and built earlier. It was love at the seconds sight by the way, it took me 2-3 years to give it a seconds chance.
Maybe René from @vapman can chime in and tell us about the time he changed the branding
That's one heck of a first vape! I wonder how many of us still have our first vape in regular use?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Greenteam

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
That's one heck of a first vape! I wonder how many of us still have our first vape in regular use?
Unfortunately it ist not in use anymore, because the middelsection is somehow loose, but the bowl seems tight and doesn't rattle. So it must be the two clips which hold the middelsection, but i cant see a big difference to my functioning devices and unscrewing and tightening it with a screwdriver doesn't fix the issue. All in all that leads to the fact, that vapor leaks out of the bowl and to much air is mixing while drawing. I was planning to send it to vapman but found it to cumbersome to send it to switzerland and deal with customs and that sticky and resinous wood. So i bought my second one, the yew wood, but with the same story after some years. I think i was not cautious enough at the beginning and applied to much pressure e.g. mounting the mouthpiece on the middelsection or using it with a waterpipe without an adapter :shrug:Maybe someone has an idea in how to fix that by myself?

Last edited:
Greenteam,

coolbreeze

So it must be the two clips which hold the middelsection, but i cant see a big difference to my functioning devices and unscrewing and tightening it with a screwdriver doesn't fix the issue.
I wonder if the clips have lost some of their spring, and maybe replacing them would hold it tighter? The only other thing I can really think of, assuming the screws are not loose, would be some wood shrinkage (I know, George, the water was cold). Have you ever tried one of the other midsections to see if it would fit better?

One of mine seems looser as well, so I'll have to try the same over here.

Edit: tried it, both midsections are a bit loose on the same ring, so it may be the clips.

Bolano

Anyone make cool artisan stems for the Vapman?

Loving the new kotibe, beautiful color.
@Ripstar , EdsTnt had some lovely stems. Cocobolo and blackwood.

Never told you it was my first Vapman.
May i introduce you to: Snow White and the seven Dwarfs

I love this. Anytime pictures of these old exotic wood versions pop up I feel like some creature that was previously thought extinct was suddenly rediscovered. :clap:

Top Bottom