Vapman

coolbreeze

IMG-0956.jpg

Vahn84

Hi guys! I was going to buy some spare parts for my classic vapman…and found out that replacing the heating bowl it’s a little bit harder with the mica layer…with a 50 to 60 euros total cost to get one heating element plus a microdosing sieve and a new filter. Then i saw the kotibè version…and yeah i fell in love with that…but my vapman has just 5 months of life…how hard is to change the heating element without ruining the vape? Help me not buying another vapman so soon T_T

Also…i know you’ve probably answered this question before…but I’ve searched through the thread and still i couldn’t clear my thoughts about it...what’s the difference between the og version and the new one? Thank you :D

Vahn84,

ConePiece

Hi guys! I was going to buy some spare parts for my classic vapman…and found out that replacing the heating bowl it’s a little bit harder with the mica layer…with a 50 to 60 euros total cost to get one heating element plus a microdosing sieve and a new filter. Then i saw the kotibè version…and yeah i fell in love with that…but my vapman has just 5 months of life…how hard is to change the heating element without ruining the vape? Help me not buying another vapman so soon T_T

Also…i know you’ve probably answered this question before…but I’ve searched through the thread and still i couldn’t clear my thoughts about it...what’s the difference between the og version and the new one? Thank you :D
Replacing the bowl seems pretty easy on the pure versions the official website sells replacement bowls and has instructions on how to do it, mica versions require more care to not damage anything but should be fine if you go slow and take care to keep the holes lined up and the mica pressed down so it doesn't start flaking off. Make sure to use the right size screwdriver so you don't damage the screws.

The difference between Swiss and Italian is the wood, bowl sits a little lower on the Italians and the mica is set up a bit different. The mica on the Swiss models extends all the way to the bottom. Some comparison pics and here's a reddit thread where the makers explain the differences..

Why are you wanting to replace the bowl anyway? Is the gold starting to flake off? The makers have said that's nothing to worry about and will still function fine, no health concerns either. Is the bowl gunked up with resin? Just go at it with a q-tip dipped in ISO. I ask because 60 euros is quite pricey you could buy a whole new basic Swiss version for about 40 euros more.

ConePiece,
Reactions: Grass Yes

vapeape77

My vapman hash hitter is about 5 months old with heavy use. The gold is hard to clean where the hash seeped off the screen, other than that my air holes required a needle to pop out the hash gunk about once a month.

Vahn84

Replacing the bowl seems pretty easy on the pure versions the official website sells replacement bowls and has instructions on how to do it, mica versions require more care to not damage anything but should be fine if you go slow and take care to keep the holes lined up and the mica pressed down so it doesn't start flaking off. Make sure to use the right size screwdriver so you don't damage the screws.

The difference between Swiss and Italian is the wood, bowl sits a little lower on the Italians and the mica is set up a bit different. The mica on the Swiss models extends all the way to the bottom. Some comparison pics and here's a reddit thread where the makers explain the differences..

Why are you wanting to replace the bowl anyway? Is the gold starting to flake off? The makers have said that's nothing to worry about and will still function fine, no health concerns either. Is the bowl gunked up with resin? Just go at it with a q-tip dipped in ISO. I ask because 60 euros is quite pricey you could buy a whole new basic Swiss version for about 40 euros more.

Thank you for the detailed response!

So…yes i think I may have inadvertently scratched the gold with the pointy thing i use to debowl my stuff. I tried cleaning it with a q-tip dipped in ISO but i wasn’t able to bring it back to its previous state…i still see some dark spots here and there.

I’m not THAT MUCH worried about the copper, I’ve also read the statements from the official account…but i was just thinking ”better safe than sorry…i get a new bowl and make sure to never scratch it again“. Then i confronted with the same truth you’re pointing me out…for a small amount of money on top of that cost i could buy a new vapman…and those darker options are so tempting :D

Would you consider me crazy if I’m so tempted to get a new vapman after only 5 months? T_T

Vahn84

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

Which version would you suggest? An og walnut or the kotibè one? pure or classic? I currently own the new model in olive wood… I’m not saying i will surely buy it…I’m just evaluating my options :cool:

Vahn84,

coolbreeze

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

Which version would you suggest? An og walnut or the kotibè one? pure or classic? I currently own the new model in olive wood… I’m not saying i will surely buy it…I’m just evaluating my options :cool:
Tough one. They're both beautiful, the kotibe is gorgeous red/pink brown with golden highlights, it's dense and heavy and holds heat well. There were 500 made...

The (finished*) Walnut is beautiful and I'm not sure how many pieces they have left, but what they have left is probably all the Swiss walnut VMs there will ever be...

* I own an unfinished one I absolutely love, but I think the finished ones are even nicer.

Vahn84

Vahn84,

coolbreeze

Why the kotibe is so dramatically different in 3 different photos? From what i see on their website it seems like a much more darker brown…than a red-ish brown
might be more the characteristics of the individual lighting/cameras interpreting an unusual wood color? idk.

Here's another pic that may help. Olive, pure walnut, kotibe, classic pear:
IMG-2672.jpg

The OG classic is still on sale though…

Yep, add it to your cart:

vapeape77

Why the kotibe is so dramatically different in 3 different photos? From what i see on their website it seems like a much more darker brown like the second photo…and not the red-ish brown i see in the other two
Wood color variety is pretty normal. Plus once you start using it the color may darken. My most used olive, one month older too looks darker now than my other pure olive

Vahn84

might be more the characteristics of the individual lighting/cameras interpreting an unusual wood color? idk.

Here's another pic that may help. Olive, pure walnut, kotibe, classic pear:
IMG-2672.jpg

Ok if this is it i think the walnut is what i prefer the most…i imagine the classic would be the same color as the pure…right?

Vahn84,

Vahn84

look at the pics, it's much darker and richer than my unfinished one, above.

If it’s darker it’s better for me. I’ve read the technical improvements done on the new one vs the og…but…are they really noticeable on a daily use? Will my glass mp still be usable with the og? Sorry for all these questions…you guys are always so helpful that i happily take advantage of your kindness

Yeah but honestly I’d get a vapman with the mica

Yes i think i will get the classic over the pure

Vahn84,

coolbreeze

technical improvements done on the new one vs the og…but…are they really noticeable on a daily use?
Not a deal killer: the new improvements mostly better protect the device, but with mica it shouldn't matter.

Will my glass mp still be usable with the og?
yep, they all will. The only thing that won't fit is the midsection from the Swiss will not fit the body from the Italian (and vice versa). The rod is at a different height.

If it’s darker it’s better for me.
Some of the pictures actually don't look a lot darker, exactly, but do look deeper in color, and show off the grain detail better.

Last edited:

Vahn84

Not a deal killer: the new improvements mostly better protect the device, but with mica it shouldn't matter.

yep, they all will. The only thing that won't fit is the midsection from the Swiss will not fit the body from the Italian. The rod is at a different height.

Some of the pictures actually don't look a lot darker, exactly, but do look deeper in color, and show off the grain detail better.

Ok so I have it in my cart…and I’m watching it anxiously thinking if should pull the trigger or not…is the microdosing sieve compatible too? Don’t kill me…this is my last question…i swear :D

Texus

are they really noticeable on a daily use?
I have a walnut OG, pear OG and an Olive Italian. No noticeable difference between them. Slight pref for Pure on the Station (more heat goes to bowl rather than being absorbed by mica?), but Classic hits are still super satisfying and no complaints about the Classic + Station combo.

And while I overpaid in the auction, I sure don't regret that Station purchase one bit. Really great complement to the Vapman. Here's hoping the new generation isn't too far off. But parts shortages are rough for small manufacturers still at present...

Top Bottom