Vapman

Bolano

Before the concentrate screens were available I used to place the hash directly onto the pan. I would use a cotton swab to wipe the pan directly after use while still warm.
Residue still built up though and I needed to use a magic eraser every few weeks to clean the pan. It always looked like new after the magic eraser.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor

I never made a battery powered vaporizer. The pictures show the very first prototypes of vapman. This was in early 2005 when portable vaporizers were still a rarity.

Vapman
I quoted from the blogpost :)) ! Maybe they meant battery free !!!
P.S
I also dont like batteries and consider them dirty tech,almost any alternative is better :)) !

Last edited:

Vizyt91

Hi guys,
I would like to know if there is a way to clean the mid-section of this bad boy ?
I read a while ago that it can be soaked in acetone, but I only have access to MEC (methyl-ethyl-cétone) , is that ok ?
Otherwise, I’ll let it like that, I don’t want to damage my beloved vapman.
Here is a pic of that « dirty » mid-section, have a nice day vapmen/vapwomen .

image.jpg

vapman

Manufacturer
""After years of development, the time had finally come: the first prototype of vapman was born - at that time the first battery-powered vaporiser""

Bildschirmfoto_2021-03-04_um_15.04.15_480x480.png

@vapman Hey,Rene ! Could tell us about the battery powered vapman prototype ? Did it use AA batteries ? Any pics of whats is inside ?

I quoted from the blogpost :)) ! Maybe they meant battery free !!!
P.S
I also dont like batteries and consider them dirty tech,almost any alternative is better :)) !

Thank you @Abysmal Vapor!

Yes, they meant battery free, indeed. I told them already and it should be corrected soon.

Hi guys,
I would like to know if there is a way to clean the mid-section of this bad boy ?
I read a while ago that it can be soaked in acetone, but I only have access to MEC (methyl-ethyl-cétone) , is that ok ?
View attachment 7709

As long you aren't soaking the wood in the solvent for too long you may well use any other solvent than acetone. The problem with some solvents other than acetone is the content of water which can swell up and deform the wood. This is the only reason why any wooden parts shouldn't be soaked in ISO for too long. Cleaning the wooden parts with ISO and soaking it for only a short time (half a minute) isn't a problem at all. Because acetone doesn't contain any water, all wooden parts can be soaked in it as long you wish. A lot of the condensates can be removed easily with a cotton swab while the part is still hot! Vapman doesn't need to be cleaned often, it is extrtemely low maintenance.

Cheers,

vapman

Abysmal Vapor

Hi guys,

View attachment 7709
I use ethanol soaked cloth/medical gauze and wipe/rub it off . I dont soak the wood and i never let it get that dirty :)) .

Vizyt91

Thank you to @vapman & @Abysmal Vapor , I’ll give it a try this evening and let you know how it goes.
I’m tempting to order another one ( a walnut one) and a few concentrate screens to enjoy some bubble hash and to not leave my pear vapman alone , I’ll try to clean my mid-section before and if the things go wrong I can order another mid-section with the new hash dedicated vapman 👍
Cheers

Woodisgood

It's good to get these tips on cleaning the mid-section - this is a job I need to do soon! :)

As well as cleaning with acetone, can I then use a fine sandpaper to remove slight scorch marks on the wood?

I would then treat it with some beeswax to polish and protect it.

Wow, I just finished my first session with hash.

I made a little sandwich with some degummed hemp fibre and a tiny pinch of crumbled dry sift. Then I sipped on it every now and again for about half an hour! It's crazy how long it lasts. :tup:The flavour is really clear at the start and then the rest of the session becomes nice and smooth. There was no mess to clean up in the pan as far as I can tell.

RxPlorer

Am I correct in understanding these are unavailable for sale? Is there a estimated date for new stock?

RxPlorer,
Reactions: vapman

Abysmal Vapor

Am I correct in understanding these are unavailable for sale? Is there a estimated date for new stock?
There is a lot of leftover stock in the shops around EU .
DE
DE
(Spain)
(Spain)
(Italy)
https://www.vaporisateur.net/recher...way=desc&search_query=vapman&submit_search=OK (FR)
https://innpust.no/vapman (ha those guys even have lotus left ) (Norway)
(UK)
https://refinedretail.com/search?q=vapman&type=product (UK)

(Those guys abovehave vapman concentrate screens)

https://vapestore.co.za/vapman (south africa)

End of spam

If anyone is wondering ,I only bothered because Vapman is such a great vape ,enjoy :)) !

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
And in the US, Vgoodiez still appears to have some. That's where I got mine.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Another thing I love about the Vapman that I received recently is that it does not have that big Vapman logo burned onto the side of it, like most of the previous models I've seen in most pics I've seen. I don't like big brand-name logos shown predominantly on my stuff. That was a pleasant bonus surprise :tup:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Another thing I love about the Vapman that I received recently is that it does not have that big Vapman logo burned onto the side of it, like most of the previous models I've seen in most pics I've seen. I don't like big brand-name logos shown predominantly on my stuff. That was a pleasant bonus surprise :tup:
Lucky! I hate that big ass logo ha

Choices

Funny you mention the logo since I use my Vapman with the logo in my Station setup. I’m not sure it is intentional but when the logo is facing towards me it inserts into the Station perfectly without having to line things up and rotate it. Not a huge deal but it certainly helps matters when I’m on a third fill up!😁

Top Bottom