Vapman

Ripstar

Its so nice to see Vapmans are going to be around again. I've missed this little microdoser so much. It was one of the first butane vapes that actually was challenging for me to use, and the challenge made it so much more fun. After about 10 sessions with it I started to get it down and quickly figured out why everyone else loved them so much.
This is what I love so much about these artisan/less well know vapes, they have a learning curve that actually teaches you the proper way to vape. I LOVE going through the process of finding the sweet spot, it always makes me feel as if it's "my" vape. I can't get enough...And, this is why I have a severe VAS issue...😂

PuffItUp

Retailer
This is what I love so much about these artisan/less well know vapes, they have a learning curve that actually teaches you the proper way to vape. I LOVE going through the process of finding the sweet spot, it always makes me feel as if it's "my" vape. I can't get enough...And, this is why I have a severe VAS issue...😂
I constantly seek out these vapes for myself. I always love learning, and if there is anything this industry has taught me it is that I will never stop learning :)

MikeRotchHertz

This thread has been a little slow lately. I just wanted to share that I have been experimenting with the station the last month or so thanks to a really generous and brave friend. Would you know it also brought me luck because i scored my own shortly after! I've always managed to fall short whenever previous ones had been available.

It has been a peaceful, slow, and ritualistic vaping experience I've been needing lately in my mostly rushed and primarily all on demand setups I've been leaning toward.

I didn't realize just how quickly it can get to temperature, wow. By the time you cut it on, you have just enough time to prepare your pan. Then i love sipping the first few hits. Amazing flavor.

The difference between the two vapmans here is more obviously to me using the station than with torch. The classic olive wood requires a higher temp ~5.5 to get the same vapor production as the classic pear at a 3.5. I may need to play with the air flow ports some more, but i suspect it won't change. I usually add a half a second when heating it with torch as well.

What a great experience, and I'm glad for others out there that there will one day be more stations to enhance their vaping experiences as well. Side note: station owners how long do you normally let your VM sit after it turns green before removing it?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

This thread has been a little slow lately. I just wanted to share that I have been experimenting with the station the last month or so thanks to a really generous and brave friend. Would you know it also brought me luck because i scored my own shortly after! I've always managed to fall short whenever previous ones had been available.

It has been a peaceful, slow, and ritualistic vaping experience I've been needing lately in my mostly rushed and primarily all on demand setups I've been leaning toward.

I didn't realize just how quickly it can get to temperature, wow. By the time you cut it on, you have just enough time to prepare your pan. Then i love sipping the first few hits. Amazing flavor.

The difference between the two vapmans here is more obviously to me using the station than with torch. The classic olive wood requires a higher temp ~5.5 to get the same vapor production as the classic pear at a 3.5. I may need to play with the air flow ports some more, but i suspect it won't change. I usually add a half a second when heating it with torch as well.

What a great experience, and I'm glad for others out there that there will one day be more stations to enhance their vaping experiences as well. Side note: station owners how long do you normally let your VM sit after it turns green before removing it?

Nice! when starting from cold in the beginning of a session, I will leave it on maybe a second or so longer? Particularly if I'm starting at lower temps... Then sometimes if I am doing a whole session at noon on the dial, I will let it sit a little longer past green further into the bowl, if I'm trying to push extraction a little more... I temp step occasionally with my station too, but often just settle in at one setting and ride it as there is a sort of natural temp step in the extraction (especially if you let it sit longer later in your session but still on a low ish setting) Will be great when there are many more folks here with the stations too!

MikeRotchHertz

It really can be pretty mindless which i like. I set it and don't feel impatient as an induction heater or as focused as with a torch.

It really is its own temp stepping when left alone. I like building up the hits as it goes. The efficiency has to be one of the best out there.

D

Deleted member 66001

Mine collects dust as I await a station. But I knowingly bought it with an eye on the future. Unfortunately I'm one of the ones that's allergic to Purple Heart - so between my lips getting all weird, the lingering taste of the PH, and my constant battle within myself of do I or don't I like butane.........well, apparently that's a perfect recipe for dust collecting. It doesn't take up much space, so there is that!

I love it though, and I would like to get back to it, but between the lips and the strong PH flavor it's really hard for me to get a good sense of how heated the material is. Don't get me wrong, it gets me where I need too, but the journey just isn't smooth enough yet. I still marvel at the little guy though. Totally unique.

Shit Snacks

Mine collects dust as I await a station. But I knowingly bought it with an eye on the future. Unfortunately I'm one of the ones that's allergic to Purple Heart - so between my lips getting all weird, the lingering taste of the PH, and my constant battle within myself of do I or don't I like butane.........well, apparently that's a perfect recipe for dust collecting. It doesn't take up much space, so there is that!

I love it though, and I would like to get back to it, but between the lips and the strong PH flavor it's really hard for me to get a good sense of how heated the material is. Don't get me wrong, it gets me where I need too, but the journey just isn't smooth enough yet. I still marvel at the little guy though. Totally unique.

I'd suggest grabbing a plain basic pear unit when you do finally get your station ;)

Shit Snacks

We can trade...................everyone knows you love Purple Heart :tup::brow:

I'll figure it out, I've got some ideas.

Well, actually, I've got one idea, lol.

haha I have the same problems about it though, that's why I wouldn't have gotten a vapman in purpleheart personally! Also the mica shielding is unnecessary for the station and the basic pear is pretty cheap I mean!

Shit Snacks

Hey Shit Snacks, never thought about the mica angle with the station. Do you find you get better results with a raise in temp ?

Sorry, maybe you misunderstood me? Or maybe I misunderstand you!

I have the basic pear Vapman, without Mica, it seems like maybe you are asking if the mica requires you to leave the VM on the station longer or use higher temps?

If that is the question, I think others who have the standard VM with the station can chime in, but I believe the answer is no, that it does not make a difference in temps.

So it is just that if you are only going to use the station, you need not spend extra money on the standard VM with the Mica (yes of course you do not need it to use the torch either, but it is there to protect the wood from the torch potentially bouncing around)

However if you want an exotic wood, that is a basic VM without Mica, it would have to be a special order, while some woods do not lend themselves to it at all (the mica helps hold together potentially crack prone wood)

So does that help? Or were you asking something else that I failed to answer lol

justcametomind

I had a station + basic Vapman in rotation not to long ago. The base of the pan sits on the heating element alone, there’s no involvement of the outer wood part, mica coated or not.
IIRC the higher you set the “temperature” the less heating cycles the Vapman takes to extract a bowl, but somehow there is always some sort of indirect temp step. I misplaced my instructions
weed fail GIF

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Hey Shit Snacks, never thought about the mica angle with the station. Do you find you get better results with a raise in temp ?

Sorry, maybe you misunderstood me? Or maybe I misunderstand you!

I have the basic pear Vapman, without Mica, it seems like maybe you are asking if the mica requires you to leave the VM on the station longer or use higher temps?

If that is the question, I think others who have the standard VM with the station can chime in, but I believe the answer is no, that it does not make a difference in temps.

So it is just that if you are only going to use the station, you need not spend extra money on the standard VM with the Mica (yes of course you do not need it to use the torch either, but it is there to protect the wood from the torch potentially bouncing around)

However if you want an exotic wood, that is a basic VM without Mica, it would have to be a special order, while some woods do not lend themselves to it at all (the mica helps hold together potentially crack prone wood)

So does that help? Or were you asking something else that I failed to answer lol

I have both basic and mica versions.
I think the mica is more of a heat shild to protect the bottom of the vapman from scorching the wood with the torch, although the scorching of the basic version does not affect the function in a negative way at all. It builds a protective layer on its own.
But personally I like to use the basic with the station and the mica with a torch. I like my basic walnut untouched :brow:

Another reason I don't like to use the mica one with the station is because in my case the mica shield somehow flakes off when inserting or detaching it from the station, and I even have to apply a little bit pressure to do so. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? :hmm:I think it's because the size of the hole and the shield surrounding the pan is smaller in the older versions of the vapman. If i remind correctly René once mentioned in this thread that he builds the newer models with a wider hole. So I guess people with more recent classic models have not the same issue using the station?

Side note: station owners how long do you normally let your VM sit after it turns green before removing it?

It depends, I like to vary my heating technique but at the beginning when the pan is cold i like to heat a bit longer after it turns green, up to several seconds. Normally I take the vapman off not later then when I see vapor leaking out of the mouthpiece. You can even watch from top through the mouthpiece down to the screen how vapor slowly builds up and raises upward.
Don't be shy with the heat as @OF always says :myday::tup:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

& sometimes you want
a spacevape session
no on demand
in this case
just a cooling down
relaxing vape session

& yes then there is
da so called da
Vapman :nod:
born to be as
a spacevape session vape
HERO

mine was fine
:smug:

😎🤘‼️

Sessions are fantastic, but this is still an on-demand vape! Even an on-demand vape can lend itself to a nice session, in fact I would say even better than an actual "session vape" so much more power! :tup:

Top Bottom