• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vapir Rise Vaporizer

George1151

I went back to my Vapir Rise after little to no use due to oral ingestion of decarb and using my Haze mostly due to convenience. These days I use the Vapir Rise pretty much exclusively. I use it through a water piece D020-D and the 18MM water adapter for my Haze connecting the Vr to the bong. I even tied a twist tie around the whip where it sits on the water adapter to make the connect snug with no leaking.

I find I get much more out of my herb with the VR and a little (amount) goes longer than the Haze 4sure. Also even at 410F to finish up a session, the abv is always mid brown evenly throughout. The temp gauge is not very accurate since I can go from 370 to 400 and it doesn't usually have to heat up.

I still triple bag everything that is related to mj due to smell. The VR sure can reek. On a side note I think keeping it super clean makes a difference. I recently tried someone else's VR using my bud and theirs was very dirty. It definitely is better in every way when clean.

Also I find that as a single user connected to the bong I prefer using no fan. The VR then acts almost like an on demand vape and only seems to produce vapor when you draw. I haven't walked away for 5 minutes like you could with a real on demand vape but its nice not to have it pumping out when you don't need or want it to.

Last edited:
George1151,

ginolicious

I enjoy bags. I finally threw out one of my whips that was over 2 years old. I dislike using this vape alone. I find it’s a lot of work to set it up and get everything going for a small bowl by myself. Group of people or a lot of sessions going to occur then I bring it out.

Anyone have suggestions on doing shatter in this thing? I haven’t had success.

ginolicious,

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

There is a liquid pad available for it, but it's more expensive than it needs to be. I'm pretty sure you could get a pad of another vape and stick it in the non porous chamber. Whether it works or not I have no idea. Just don't stick any concentrates in the chamber without a pad, that doesn't work :/

BLACKENEDPLAGUE,

ginolicious

I put shatter in the oil can without the holes or a concentrate pad. Did not work. Was terrible experience and wasted my last bit of Skywalker OG shatter on 420 lol.

ginolicious,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I also tried shatter and wax and determined it never seemed to get hot enough, very bad results.

Works great on herb though, and even with some hash thrown in, but not concentrates IMHO...

Solomon,

George1151

How is the rise for kief? Just ordered some (Canada). Thinking sprinkling some on top of herb is how to use it.

George1151,
Reactions: Vitolo

ginolicious

I just stick to flower. Anything else I’ve ever put in my Rise has always been a waste and disappointing.

ginolicious,

Vitolo

Vaporist
How is the rise for kief? Just ordered some (Canada). Thinking sprinkling some on top of herb is how to use it.
You have my agreement.
Place the kief in first, since the hot air will be pushing up through it.
The kief in this way will not stick to the screen that is closest to mouthpiece, and the kief's goodies will be blown through the herb base (which is laying atop the kief, due to the dynamics of the heat's air which is moving toward you path toward you.)

Last edited:
Vitolo,

George1151

Vitolo, thanks for the reply. If I use the herb can with the rise it has a screen on the bottom as well. If I put the kief in first wouldn't fall through the screen on the bottom of the can into the heating chamber? I have never used the concentrate can which has no screen on the bottom. Wondering which can to use when making my "kief/herb sandwich" Also these days I am using only small amounts.

George1151,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo, thanks for the reply. If I use the herb can with the rise it has a screen on the bottom as well. If I put the kief in first wouldn't fall through the screen on the bottom of the can into the heating chamber? I have never used the concentrate can which has no screen on the bottom. Wondering which can to use when making my "kief/herb sandwich" Also these days I am using only small amounts.
Sandwich works... but answer is no.. The keif will not fall through unless you put it in and shake the herb can around like a sifter. There is the moving top compressing sceen to prevent that. Once the first hot air is blown through the herb chamber, any kief will be almost instantly glued in place against the weed, and unable to fall through at all.
Sandwich would be fine, as long as the kief is closer to the bottom of herb chamber than to top going toward mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Vitolo,

stelmobarry

Kief is very effective in the rise all by itself or with herb. I covered the chamber bottom with a dusting of it and filled a bag of super dense powerful vapor. It's an experience not soon forgotten! Concentrates sandwiched with herb works too.

stelmobarry,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is a difficult question, as they both get used regularly, but for different occasions.
I use the Prima more if I am out and about, or while being driven.
The NO2 is more comfortable for me around the house and yard... perhaps it is easier to hold and sip.... while also being able to stand on it's end when I set it down.
To keep the thread here on track, I will mention that the Vapir Rise is a medicating machine, and I wish it could be moved around and used with no plug.... but I can not have everything my imagination desires.
The Rise is a helluva vape!

Vitolo,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can i say i love my Prima, it's one of the most used portable i own cause it offers a very smooth vapor which is very enjoyable to sip in the sofa during the evening. I use it everyday at least once in the evening and sometime in the morning too. I like the feeling in hands and how easy to load/unload it is.

George1151

Just used my haze dual v3 again yesterday for the first time in a while. Been using the Rise pretty much exclusively. Difference is night and day in vapor quality between the Haze and the Rise. Rise uses a lot less material and produces more effect with less. I don't even use the fan. Just tube from the Rise to a water piece no fan. Almost like an on demand vape this way. Gets the most out of the material with a lighter color abv compared to the portable.

George1151,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just used my haze dual v3 again yesterday for the first time in a while. Been using the Rise pretty much exclusively. Difference is night and day in vapor quality between the Haze and the Rise. Rise uses a lot less material and produces more effect with less. I don't even use the fan. Just tube from the Rise to a water piece no fan. Almost like an on demand vape this way. Gets the most out of the material with a lighter color abv compared to the portable.
I love the Rise also.
We be brothers of the Secret Society of Risedom.

Vitolo,

George1151

Question. How do you remove the plunger screen in the 2.0 (the newer plunger as opposed to the first one V1). It seems obvious that you have to unscrew the threaded end cap on the plunger shaft but it (small nut) doesn't budge and I don't want to force things and break it.

George1151,

George1151

soaked it in iso for long time applied heat. when I turn the nut the shaft turns with it. Any other tips anyone?

George1151,

George1151

ya I tried that and holding the shaft with a 2nd set of pliers. Thing wont budge. next will try heating it up in the rise. I was using a hair drier.

George1151,

ginolicious

Get a small screw driver? I believe a flat head can work.

But you need to heat it up real nice to spin it off. You probably have a ton of goo on it.

ginolicious,

George1151

Get a small screw driver? I believe a flat head can work.

But you need to heat it up real nice to spin it off. You probably have a ton of goo on it.

What would I do with a flat head? The nut has no screw groove and there is nothing to clean on the shaft or nut (at least on the outside) after the long ISO soak.

George1151,
Top Bottom