Discontinued Vapir NO2

z9

So I'm guessing short bong hits and increased temperatures would help. The 400 degree limit concerns me.
Are there any known voltage mods for the NO2? Or something along those lines that could get the temps beyond the limit set by vapir. I understand that this would likely shorten the life of the components. I've pulled mine apart to clean it and further inspect its construction but I'm no electrical engineer. I don't have the knowledge base to even begin tinkering with boards like the NO2 has in it.

I once had a dream to install a vape with a whip in one (or two) of the 5.25" drives in my PC. I could even top mount a vape in my new case, possibly supporting a bag. The only thing better than a PC with a custom water loop is a PC with a custom loop and a built in vaporizor!!!
I'd most likely do a simple teardown of a whip style vaporizor and somehow mount it to a hdd caddy. Ahh maybe one day.

Sbrew

This is probably a totally stupid question but....just got my replacement No2. Put in the battery, plugged in the charger and turned the vape to "on." The display lights up blue and numbers flash but then the blue light goes away and I don't see the battery indicator showing anything. It says actual and no bars under the word actual. I would think that if it were charging the bars would begin to show. So I guess my question is, what do you see in the display when charging for the first time. While plugged in, when I press the red button, the unit is heating. I just thought I would see the battery bars but I don't. Sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask but I am frustrated especially when I don't know if this is another bad unit or not.

Sbrew,

z9

Dont get me wrong, I love my NO2 but the battery meter in the NO2 isn't worth a damn

Did you put your battery in correctly? Does it hold a charge? If so, how long? I can get at least 3 sessions out of my NO2 on battery life.
Have you tried charging the battery with a micro usb cable? If not, take the battery out and charge if for about an hour or so, I'd be weary of letting it charge for longer outside of the unit because you run the risk of diminishing the life of the battery.

Try those things and you should be able to determine if its the vape or the battery that's malfunctioning.

al bundy

Vaporist
This is probably a totally stupid question but..... So I guess my question is, what do you see in the display when charging for the first time. While plugged in, when I press the red button, the unit is heating. I just thought I would see the battery bars but I don't. .

^^^^ You should see the battery meter filling up while heating,
with 4 bars, it will flash ,1,2,3,4 then 2,3,4 then 3,4 then 4 then just show all 4 bars int the window.
The batt terminals go into the No2 first.
and the switch has to be on.
Sounds like a bad battery to me.

al bundy,

Sbrew

Thank you z9 and al bundy. Should I tell you that I put the battery in the wrong way and show how truly dumb I am??? Again, thank you both! It is charging away. :doh:

Sbrew,
Reactions: al bundy

al bundy

Vaporist
Your shitting me??ok you better not vape for a while.
At least you dont have a problem. :clap:

One thing I can say is if your going to vape with the battery,heat it up while plugged into the wall before you leave.
That way the bowl will get hot with wall power saving you batt power.
Also when on batt power its normal for the bars to drop to 2 or even 1 even on full power(although the newer modle might have newer software) I use the meter reading when io first power it on. 375f is nice,
And use the scoop that came with it especially if its just you vaping,you'll be surprised.
And as long as the switch is on the battery is charging.

al bundy,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
The lithium battery lasts for 1 hour, it tastes like plastic as usual for Vapir products and it looks in real life like a big fucking black dildo... no joke. It is also big and only goes upto 205C. Bowl looks like brass and is about 3 times the volume of a PD stem. If you want to look like you are blowing a dildo while vaping.. go for it, I'll skip this one.

I guess I can skip over every other comment because this pretty much sums it up. A coworker of mine got this after I got my MFLB and its exactly as described. It blows. Pass. I was nice and didn't say anything to him about it and sort of tried to vape it with him...as much as that is possible with this shoddy device.

mod note: Please review our rules page.
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

TheTurtleClub,

Curiousone

^^I wasn't impressed either. I just received a Solo as a replacement. Much happier.

Edit: The No2 does work and the flavor, imo, is good considering plastic draw tube and brass element. It is also quite efficient...But, the size and unrestricted pull was a huge turnoff. In comparison to the Solo, the No2 vapor quality leaves a bit to be desired. However, if I only had $100 and I was not willing to save $50 more for the Solo, the No2 would be the best option without a doubt.

Curiousone,
Reactions: Vitolo

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I guess I can skip over every other comment because this pretty much sums it up. A coworker of mine got this after I got my MFLB and its exactly as described. It blows. Pass. I was nice and didn't say anything to him about it and sort of tried to vape it with him...as much as that is possible with this shoddy device.
I really am lovin' my NO2 no plastic taste. I also Find that you don't have to fill the BIG BRASS Bowl ! if I want to I can vape 1/3 of a bowl just fine. 400F not hot enough ??

z9

Those statements were made out of ignorance. You can't even compare the mflb to the NO2 and the solo is a much newer vaporizer, it should be a better unit. The NO2 was $180 years ago. If you don't follow the necessary precautions prior to using the unit for the first time there will be a taste from oils on the brass bowl and the tube will have a taste if you don't soak it in water. Plastic is tasteless unless you're burning it... I've tried other vapir products and haven't gotten any bad flavor. How do you measure the battery life on the NO2? With heating and reheating during use and shit.

I can see how someone wouldn't like the NO2 but those statements have no merit. Well maybe not the one about it looking like a dildo. I'd rather a cop think I was sucking on a black sex toy than think I was smoking weed. At least they'd leave me alone.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree 100% z9
The one fellow does not even own one... and only tried one that belonged to yet a third party, which could be a bogus or broken unit besides all of the obvious logic.
It is a bit humorous that a person in this position would make his only post in the NO2 thread, in a thread, among a group of NO2 users to tell us owners, that our product is shoddy!
Way to make an impression!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
We just got our Vapir NO2 today... it is charging up.
We had tried vaping using a knock-off of the MF box... I think I prefer vaping, but we really wanted a better, more consistent experience, which requires something other than me figuring out how long to hold the battery against the contacts! :)

My husband and I are both MMJ newbies, and are still figuring this stuff out for our needs.

z9

We just got our Vapir NO2 today... it is charging up.
We had tried vaping using a knock-off of the MF box... I think I prefer vaping, but we really wanted a better, more consistent experience, which requires something other than me figuring out how long to hold the battery against the contacts! :)

My husband and I are both MMJ newbies, and are still figuring this stuff out for our needs.

Welcome! Did you have a dragon lite or something? Your vaporizing experience is largely dependent upon your choice of vaporizer, the NO2 is my primary vaporizer. Vaporizing is definitely different than combusting, it took me a long time to completely make the transition to vapor.

The NO2 is a pretty good unit, very consistent. Make sure to soak that tube they give you before you use it!!!
Get in the habit now of religiously cleaning the NO2. I prefer to do it immediately after my session, but I could wait a few minutes. As long as you clean it before everything cools and the oils from the plant stick to and clog everything. I brush the top screen and brush the chamber with the cleaning tool that comes with it. A happy NO2 is a clean NO2.

A bowl pack to the top of the chamber, about one scoop is usually enough to get two people medicated. It can fit more, but airflow starts to suffer when you pack it down. If you put keif in the NO2 try to sandwhich it between buds so that it doesn't clog your screens.

The battery meter doesn't tell you anything about the life of the battery so don't be alarmed. I can get three sessions out of a full charge, I've never tried for more so I can't really say if can go for longer. The performance is MUCH better when you're plugged in and it can be used while charging, just an FYI.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
We were at a local MMJ Farmer's Market on Saturday, and someone there had the NO2, so we got to see it in person. After "playing" with the little box vape, I could see the advantages, and understand the concept a bit better.

I ordered it directly from Vapir. It's still charging up, and the tube/mouthpiece/unit top are now soaking in very warm water. :)
I have q-tips & Iso, and I know how to use them *grin*

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Okay, have tried the NO2 now.

Way, way nicer than the not-really-a-MFL box... tried it first without any added mouthpiece, then put on the included short tube and mouthpiece. Very nice. No throat irritation, no deep coughing, and more consistent vapor exhales.

We tried it first at 350F, then moved it up to 360F. We aren't sure yet what the ideal temp is, but we are experimenting. :)

Enchantre,

z9

Generally they say 356 degrees but I've heard varying things. Anything around that temp will be fine. Its just personal preference, you'll figure out what's best for you. When I use it with my glass pieces I turn it the whole way up, but I usually top off my bowl with some reclaim when I have it on my bong too.

z9,

baltik

Starts to taste a little like popcorn into 370s for me... 366 is the sweet spot. That said I imagine there is a bit of variability between units - I keep going up until flavor starts to degrade a little bit and then back off a smidge

baltik,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Moved it up to 370F... waiting to see how it affects me.
Last night, must have had the temp too low -- was awake all the flippin' night, body felt heavy but the pain was still dancing on my nerve ends. It might not have been a good strain for me.

Enchantre,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
for neuropathy I start my session at 360 or so for great taste then turn up to 390-395 for medical affects to kick in , works for me low temps for a buzz high temp for meds.

I Know high temps = both

PhillyFanatic

Hello All, great thread read it all (took a few days) I love my NO2 had it for about 2 months and use it heavily. 1st time poster on this site I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. Vitolo, thanks for all the info you have laid out- really informative and kind, positive energy to you bro.

This is my 2nd portable vape I also had the Iolite like many others used it about 75 times and was not really impressed. The NO2 Vapir is fantastic I give it rave reviews. I do think I need to throw out this disclaimer I am a reformed Bong, joint, blunt smoker who would smoke around 3-6 grams of high grade medical MJ everyday, I could care less about conserving herb I am more concerned with the health benefits of vaping and have seen a positive transformation in my mucus/phlegm and overall attitude and well being since I began strictly vaping.

The NO2 is not for everyone sadly enough I know 7 people who purchased NO2s but only 2 of us are vaporizing converts for life and NO2 enthusiast lol. From what I see from both reading the thread and seeing my friends issues is this, you must be extremely anal with cleaning for the NO2 to work at full effiency as Vitolo has stated in this thread over and over. I use my NO2 about 15 times a day mostly plugged up and I have to soak the straw-mouthpiece-and plastic top with screen still in every night for 5-10 minutes for my NO2 to work like magic. The bottom screen will need to be replaced often, I change mine once a week to keep the airflow max. Hash and Kief will not work because they clog the bottom screen. I also raise the bottom screen all the way up to the top because I need the added airflow, after all I am coming from huge bong rips from a huge Zob big boy bong. Some people just are not going to clean the unit everyday and the unit will suffer and not perform up to specs its funny the 5 people I know who really dont use the NO2 that own it just refuse to clean it religously so they give up and go back to the bongs and blunts. To each his own but the NO2 has open my eyes to true medical herb, no more brown phlegm or heavy mucus from too much combustion- Fuck combustion vaping some Pre 98 Bubba Kush as I type Fuck Combustion everyone be well.

al bundy

Vaporist
Enchantre you can use it while charging.
And the one thing is heat up time.Takes a few minutes to get it to temp
And I would try a higher temp 375-385. you can always turn it down.
I let it heat up to 380-385 then turn it down to 375 and enjoy.
If the herbs your using is just "regs" you need higher temp.

As for the screens soak them in ISO I can only get 91% at local drug stores. If you use 70% it takes a long time to clean.

Top Bottom