Discontinued Vapir NO2

Wolface

Just Google Vapir No2 review. It's looking to me like some of the reviewer's have only ever tried a volcano and nothing else until they get the No2. However, I still have not herd many negative comments or of any malfunctioning units thus far. Many, at the beginning said to avoid Vapir products, but this thing seems to be the Vapir flag ship now.

Wolface,

stinkmeaner

If it is their flagship, and the function was superior to the more expensive $299 cordless Vapir Air, why even keep that model on the website?

Someone should actually make a decent video that includes actual VAPOR PRODUCTION, right now there are 3 videos just showing it off.

stinkmeaner,

fixitman

gim said:
This thread smells of astroturfing.
astrosurfing.png

:lol:

As I began to read this thread from the begining I came upon gim's post. I'm sure that I was aware of the term "Astroturfing" but just punched it into urban dictionary to remind myself what it meant. I found the ad from GotVape.com and Vapir on the same page. I began reading this thread because I had seen the ad elsewhere. I'm not a marketing professional. It does seem certain that GotVape/Vapir has dedicated $$$ for advertising. Most "modern" ad campaigns include an astroturfing component don't they?
Judging from the mostly negative sentiment i've seen from contributors here, and the mostly (disregarding the shills [according to lwiein:)]) negative reviews in this thread: it seems that many vapor noobs are going to buy this product and decide vaporizing isn't for them because the people at GotVape/Vapir are more interested in making money than making a good product. :2c:

fixitman,

lwien

lwien,

Wolface

That's exactly why this thread needs many more reviews by many more people! And just like stink said, I wanna see a video with vapor production! I can't understand why, but there is a real lack of info around the net in general about the No2. I still can't get a good "feel" from this thread. I had no problem deciding to buy a Magic Flight Launch box because that thread is always on fire with information overkill! This thread barley has a pulse?

Wolface,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I've had 3 iolites. One was the original iInhale. I've posted about these for a while now. I ordered a NO2 today. Next week it will be put through it's paces. If it stinks, I'll certainly tell all.

willieR,

lwien

willieR said:
I've had 3 iolites. One was the original iInhale. I've posted about these for a while now. I ordered a NO2 today. Next week it will be put through it's paces. If it stinks, I'll certainly tell all.
Finally. A member with over 100 posts on other topics other than the Vapir. Thanks Willie. I think we may finally get an honest review.

lwien,
Want an honest review from a low-post user?

My voodoo vaporizer, which is a vapir look-a-like from the same company, was a complete POS. While this is not the same model, you have my vote of "crap" when it comes to that company.

charliedontsurf,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Just a preliminary side note. I have had both good experiences and bad with the iolite. I was curious about the NO2 so I ordered one. Just today, though. I got tied up yesterday. So I'll have this puppy next week, though.

I have no other experience with any other vapes.

willieR,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Does anyone know why you have to wait for the NO2 to heat up BEFORE loading it up?

stonemonkey55,

willieR

Been here since 2009
OK. Vapir NO2 arrived today, FedEx Saturday delivery.

First of all, let me say that I have no extensive experience with vapes other than 3 iolites that I have. There's a reason I have three iolites, as it's a flakey product. Great concept but apparently difficult to execute 100% of the time. It's a love / hate thing. I use the iolite because I don't see petter options for portability and stealth. If there was a better option, i would never use an iolite again. I am NOT a fan of the Butane. It is a very bad gas, and although the combustion of Butane creates water vapor, I'm not sure we're actually combusting Butane here. We are blowing Butane over a hot platinum-plated surface. I am not cool with this, but I am accomodating. I was more of a fan before living with the iolites for almost two years. Just in case anyone concludes I have a separate agenda.

OK back to the NO2. Opening the box I could easily smell the plastic that everyone else is describing. I don't recall this smell opening any of the iolites, but then again, I wasn't looking back then. This is a distinctly different plastic than the iolite. This lack of stealth is worstened by the long clear plastic tube and mouthpiece.

I would not say this thing feels more substantial or quality than the iolite. Both are plastic... However this thing is just gigantic next to an iolite. I would give it a 5 for stealth. Compared to the iolite, which is a 9 in my book.

I followed the directions and placed the clear plastic stem in warm water for a while. I assume this softens it so ou can assemble and squeeze the tube in the clear mouthpiece (tip) and onto the black top. I played around with the screens and these are just about as hokey as I've ever seen in my 35 years of combustion. The olite screens, are a system that I've admired. So I'm already not liking the screens. I did the little bottom screen adjustment that pulls the screen off the heating element slightly.

The unit is silent during my 60 burn-in at 400F. I have to restart every 20 minutes as this is designed to shut off after 20 A reasonable safety feature. I am blowing into the unit to push out burn-in vapors during the 60 minutes. The expelled air stinks of off-gassig. Rest asured people, despite what was originally posted from the mfg., all plastic of-gasses. I'm getting woried about the smell and after 30 minutes, I blow air into te unit, then take a empty small hit (no organic in the NO2 yet). Tastes AWFUL.

I wait 60 minutes, and dial back the temp to 374F. I believe iolite had it right when they targeted that temp. Hotter releases stuff that I don' want, but that's another thread. At an rate the opportunity to dial in the temp is fabulous. I load maybe 1/2 the available volume and I take a total of three hits. Instant white vape is blown out. So for those that wondered if it produced it,.. it does very nicely. It heats up fast as hell and hits well. So the NO2 gets a very solid score for that, and it beats the iolite hands down. I suspect that it would work well for fast single hits.

HOWEVER... This thing tastes so bad I stopped after three hits. I will continue to Burn the unit in for a while longer, but so far this is a very, very big turn off. It tastes like plastic and the smell (perhaps not surprisingly) reminds me of an "electronic" item. Like the back of a new stereo receiver or TV.

For maybe 15 minutes I swore I could re-taste the plasic by clearing my throat. I am not exaggerating, unfortunately. I will try NO2 again in a few hours, but I am a bit gun-shy.

So overall, my impressions are mixed. Screens suck, it's larger than I want, and more importantly, this Chinese-made item tastes really bad and now I'm concerned. Upside is that battery is way better than butane and it's really fast. If the taste subsides, I would easily be happy.

I'm re-loading my iolite. Putting up with Butane for a while longer.

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The thing is, this cold be such a cooler unit. Battery powered, seems like this could be smaller, and for sure they could go with better materials that make this more pleasant. As with iolite, it's poor execution of good concepts.

willieR,

Jikaboom123

Well vapir has been known to use the cheapest shittiest materials. Hopefully a good company/person will just redesign their concept with better housing.

Jikaboom123,

willieR

Been here since 2009
It could be smaller. Batteries are quite large. Larger than an old plastic film canister. Remember those? The batts need to be huge as this is a very energy-expending process. Butane just is a much more condensed energy form, so less space to get same heat.

Anyway, if the thing could be shrunk, that would be great. An iolite is the size of a Blackberry for craps sake. I'm spoiled.

Also more of an all metal (anything non-plastic) surrounding. The heating chamber seems much less insulated from the plastic than the iolite. You are definately inhaling across a lot of hot plastic with the NO2.

I am more tempted than ever to get that desktop vape...

willieR,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
Does anyone know why you have to wait for the NO2 to heat up BEFORE loading it up?

Maybe it would burn the material if loaded before heated, like preheating an oven, maybe it ramps up just like an oven which has its element full blast until the surrounding area is up to temperature.

stinkmeaner,

Wolface

Hmmmmm......It's getting interesting now! The taste thing seems to be a real issue for sure. I think a true PORTABLE vape should be able to fit in your pocket as does the Iolite, Supreme, MFLB ect.

Wolface,

lwien

What I find really odd is the practice of sending shills in here to promote a vape. It always backfires.........every single time.

If they have confidence in the product that they sell and/or manufacture, wouldn't it be more prudent to give out a few to some of the more seasoned members here so that they could write up a review? Seems to have worked really well for both Zephyr and MagicFlight. You can call it a contest, or call it a beta test or whatever. Just get some in the hands of our people for a write up, unless of course you know that your product sucks and that the reviews will be negative. But ya see, a good vendor or manufacture would want to know that also so that they could improve their product from the resulting feedback.

Some manufactures are just really bogus in this way when they either send in shills or sends in a marketing pitchman or pitchwomen to hype their product. In this context, I put Vapir and Vaporicer on the same level.

Oracle is doing it right by sending out beta units for testing. And although Lotus has not sent out any units for review, they, at least, did not send in any shills, nor did they send in any pitchman but instead just had the owner lay out what the product is without hyping it or overselling it. I believe that they are both in the process of earning our respect here, as MagicFlight, Tom, Rick, Bruce and a few others have done here over the years.

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Couple more hours of burn in. Test taste.... bad but better. Im not sure if the taste is more plastics or electronics. Not sure how this is healthy. Im continuing to burn in...

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I brought the NO2 to the office with me. I'll be burning it in all day. This lets me keep turning it back on every 20 minutes.

I have to say again, the fact that this is Chinese material that I'm heating and breathing is really giving me second thoughts.

willieR,

stinkmeaner

Leaving on or "burning in" is not going to eliminate the plastic taste, nothing will except removing the plastic from the heat, this is solid plastic and not a coating.

There are many plastics they could have used to avoid this but they didn't and that should tell you something about Vapir.

stinkmeaner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm thinking this MAY be electronic components. Could be plastic, but this smell reminds me of an electronics store. TV, etc.

willieR,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've had mine for a couple of months now and can still taste the plastic -- it is too bad because if it weren't for that, I'd definitely give it two thumbs up

stonemonkey55,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Wow. Two months? So is that with occasional use? I'm thinking the smell won't have a chance to go away unless it's heated a LOT for a LONG time.

willieR,
Top Bottom