Vaping in "adult life"

andrew`124c41+

It has absolutely nothing to do with cannabis.

Here in Canada we have had a native community with history of substance abuse. This is way more complicated than just addiction. From Lysol, to hairspray, to sniffing gasoline and other solvents, these are people who will do anything to escape their lives. If this is related to any drug, it is alcohol. Of all substances to abuse, alcohol, by far, is the substance of choice.

Robert-in-YEG

"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
- Homer Simpson
Well, I don't
I haven't, you have by asking if and how toxic THC is, as if it hasn't been researched yet. But it has been researched and that research shows that the toxicity of (natural) THC is low. In the amounts we use it, it's even next to none and thus on a very different level than alcohol. It puzzles me a bit to see someone with alleged scientific experience struggling with the idea of toxicity like you do.

May or may not, what's your point? :-)
There's some research suggesting a decrease in hippocampal blood flow that might affect memory. As more research is done this will sort itself out.

Could people with a family history of dementia have an increased risk of dementia if they use Cannabis? I don't know but anything is possible.

I am not making any statements here other than ongoing future research as increased numbers use it will offer more information.

Medicine goes back and forth about this sort of thing all the time. A study is done, then another study refutes the prior study.

I have been doing an informal poll here about whether or not participants think Cannabis impairs their memory and so far the majority have said yes...but not by much.

Robert-in-YEG

Haha yeah I presumed they meant, it leads to other addictions, but also yes someone can absolutely be addicted to cannabis, semi physically and fully psychologically...
Alcohol is the gateway drug. It is where just about everyone starts.

In terms of potential harm, cannabis doesn't even compare. Alcohol destroys lives.

Robert-in-YEG

andrew`124c41+

In terms of potential harm, cannabis doesn't even compare. Alcohol destroys lives.

Robert-in-YEG
I don't think it is fair to demonize alcohol. People drink who are not alcoholic can drink safely.

Approximately 15 to 20 percent of people are subject to addiction no matter what the drug.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have been doing an informal poll here about whether or not participants think Cannabis impairs their memory and so far the majority have said yes...but not by much.

You could do an official poll and start a new thread for that topic? Or perhaps negative effects I don't know maybe too broad... By the way speaking of the mental stuff, I have a friend who for some reason believes the increased THC levels of dabbing in particular, done excessively, could lead to schizophrenia? Some such mental disorder, but it must be in the person's history right lol

Oh I agree, but Andrew I think demonizing alcohol is a wonderful thing to do, I absolutely hate how prevalent it is throughout society and media everywhere throughout time, in so many ways, often by the same people who look down on weed!

I know that I am biased against it though because I don't like anything about it really lol there are benefits, but yeah the mention of addiction being a personal thing it's all relative of course, I just feel like with the people I know socially and professionally, the world around me, TV and movies, etc. alcohol is disturbingly commonplace...

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

I don't think it is fair to demonize alcohol. People drink who are not alcoholic can drink safely.

Approximately 15 to 20 percent of people are subject to addiction no matter what the drug.
My daughter was an opiate addict. I spent far more time in detox centers than any parent should ever have to experience.

The vast majority of those in detox are struggling with alcohol, opiates are a distant second. Benzo's are a far distant third. In 10 years, I never saw anyone struggling with cannabis. Alcohol quite deserves to be demonized.

People can become psychologically addicted to behaviour. That is without question. Cannabis is not physically addictive; that also is without question.

Robert-in-YEG

“Alcohol kills. Weed chills.”
— Unknown

andrew`124c41+

You could do an official poll and start a new thread for that topic? Or perhaps negative effects I don't know maybe too broad... By the way speaking of the mental stuff, I have a friend who for some reason believes the increased THC levels of dabbing in particular, done excessively, could lead to schizophrenia? Some such mental disorder, but it must be in the person's history right lol

Oh I agree, but Andrew I think demonizing alcohol is a wonderful thing to do, I absolutely hate how prevalent it is throughout society and media everywhere throughout time, in so many ways, often by the same people who look down on weed!

I know that I am biased against it though because I don't like anything about it really lol there are benefits, but yeah the mention of addiction being a personal thing it's all relative of course, I just feel like with the people I know socially and professionally, the world around me, TV and movies, etc. alcohol is disturbingly commonplace...
I am not a fan of alcohol, but you said it yourself... people demonized weed for years... remember reefer madness?

I already started that pole.

Shadooz

There's some research suggesting a decrease in hippocampal blood flow that might affect memory. As more research is done this will sort itself out.
I've already stated it.
The only memory loss effect of cannabis is due to chronic acidosis, mostly for smokers addicts. Or due to respiratory fail, if u push too far with vaporizer. Hopefully irritation will make u avoid it.. normally..

Could people with a family history of dementia have an increased risk of dementia if they use Cannabis?
THC highly bind with agmydala, stres/anxiety regulator. High CB1 concentration.
The reason cannabinoid can't be used "medically" for young without fully developped agmydala.
Woman agmydala developed faster and sooner, but end up smaller compare to male. One of the reason of Women hyper emotionality..
When schizophernia, or lower bipolarity, is due to agmydala atrophia. THC emphasizes those.

My daughter was an opiate addict. I spent far more time in detox centers than any parent should ever have to experience.
I Was under heavy medication, trauma+chirugical mistake.
Only cannabis was a good substitute, to me, to not fall into opioide addiction.

People can become psychologically addicted to behaviour.
That's one of the new psychatric reasoning.
Separation between
-physical addiction- (dependence, the low withdrowal can't be put as dependance for cannabinoide),
-psychological addiction- (here stress releaves of THC with agmydala, which can also be the opposite stress triggering) and
-addictive behaviour- (which concern a lot of people here..)

Last edited:

happynomoretobacco

Oh I agree, but Andrew I think demonizing alcohol is a wonderful thing to do, I absolutely hate how prevalent it is throughout society and media everywhere throughout time, in so many ways, often by the same people who look down on weed
Nothing to add to this!!
In my country you got honormedals if you create a good wine...for good weed same people put you in jail

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Medicine goes back and forth about this sort of thing all the time. A study is done, then another study refutes the prior study.

You can find that in pretty much every scientific field. *One* study is only the beginning of the discussion about a model and an invitation to others to also research a topic or theory *and* debunk it if possible. However, that does not mean we go back and forth at all, even if it sometimes looks like it. Once more I'm surprised about how you seem to look at scientific data.

andrew`124c41+

You can find that in pretty much every scientific field. *One* study is only the beginning of the discussion about a model and an invitation to others to also research a topic or theory *and* debunk it if possible. However, that does not mean we go back and forth at all, even if it sometimes looks like it. Once more I'm surprised about how you seem to look at scientific data.
An example. In the late 80s when I trained, the pathophysiology of peptic ulcers disease was thought to be excess stomach acid. The treatment was HE blockers. This was GOSPEL!

An Australian physician came up with the idea that the etiology was a bacteria. At conferences he was laughed at and ridiculed. Everyone really thought he was nuts.

This occurred during my residency. At the time I only learned of his work by reading a non peer reviewed journal. I was intrigued by his research but the full protocol had nor been published. He was then at the University of Virginia so I picked up the phone and managed to arrange a time to to talk to him detail. He gave me the protocol. I used it during my residency and it worked.

This was 1986. It was not into around 2005, some 20 years later that Marshall was recognized and received a Nobel Prize.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@andrew`124c41+ – That's pretty much what I'm saying – disputes are very common amongst scientists, but if a model works, it will eventually replace old models. That's a bit different from „going back and forth all the time“ or „anything is possible“.

Shadooz

The kind of story (edit: after the deleted posts and quote, was talking about the cannabis to brake sniffing shortcut) which let cannabis as "transition drug", cause some people in detox have daily use. But they "never" end up there for only cannabis use. At least, with my north (and full) france data..

Cannabis still changes psychological stance, at least for short term. No one can refute that, or it will mean recreativ use is only placebo..

I see people stopping cannabis (because of limited access here), to fall into alcohol and opioide mostly (way easier to get access here).
Sometimes it's not the substance which is addictive, but only the behavour with it !
(Throat hit..)

Then we don't have background of high thc dabbing data here..
Dabbing 15 times a day is quite new,.. with USA legalisation,.. easy box mod..

I'm here to establish the medical protocol,.. for france and so Europe.. but hardly done with vaporizer... (for now only sativex is validate here)
But for moderate recreation, vaporizer win. (And by far against alcohol)

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

The kind of story which let cannabis as "transition drug", cause some people in detox have daily use. But they "never" end up there for only cannabis use. At least, with my north (and full) france data..

Cannabis still changes psychological stance, at least for short term. No one can refute that, or it will mean recreativ use is only placebo..

I see people stopping cannabis (because of limited access here), to fall into alcohol and opioide mostly (way easier to get access here).
Sometimes it's not the substance which is addictive, but only the behavour with it !
(Throat hit..)

Then we don't have background of high thc dabbing data here..
Dabbing 15 times a day is quite new,.. with USA legalisation,.. easy box mod..

I'm here to establish the medical protocol,.. for france and so Europe.. but hardly done with vaporizer... (for now only sativex is validate here)
But for moderate recreation, vaporizer win. (And by far against alcohol)

Imo dabbing is the best way of vaping for medical effects, especially if you are using for pain.
15 times a day does sound pretty extreme, the dose makes the posion at that point.

Not that hard to weigh out small dabs and basically intake the same amount mg-thc as you would have with a dry-herb vape tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
MegaMan2k,
Reactions: Easywider

Shadooz

Imo dabbing is the best way of vaping for medical effects, especially if you are using for pain.
15 times a day does sound pretty extreme, the dose makes the posion at that point.

Not that hard to weigh out small dabs and basically intake the same amount mg-thc as you would have with a dry-herb vape tho.
I said "high thc" dabs. With its accustoming issues, especialy the "THC rush".
Which can move an addictive behavour, to psychological addiction.
1:1 only is selected right now for medical use, here.

We only use the word "tolerance" for the initial take here (weight, assimilation, resilience)
While accustoming is used, in toxicologie, as the variable. Which can become an issue, if due to lower assimilation, irritation..

For Medical use, not "medicinal", 15 isnt that much. But yes, for recreation it is way too much.

Vaporizer as acute tool seems the only way for medical purpose, for us (french).

And for recreation, to paraphrase a cannabis "deity".
"Won't smoke weed, and not everyday"

Don't fall into some behavour, if you're not snoop :rofl: :evil:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
I think the main problem is that all the studies that point to cannabis making you REALLY psychotic (atleast more than just living in a city) never test the weed that people used before they ended up in the hospital (most likely because obviously nobody keeps incriminating samples...).
My guess would be that - atleast here where most street weed is just cbd bud sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids or whatever - its actually those synthetic cannabinoids and legal highs and its mostly that stuff that makes you psychotic. But its grouped in with "regular" weed in every single study I've seen so far, so ofc every metastudy would also point to weed being bad in that regard.

MegaMan2k

@andrew`124c41+
sorry for acousing you of being a troll, that whole brake fluid thing made me think you were just pulling our leg hah :D

@Spleeeno

Very good point... cannabis should be be clean, grown without any toxic pesticides or ferilizers free from mould and any type of adulterant...
basic requirements that most black market product dont live up to... even lots of the stuff on the comercial market too i bet.

however these types of "studies" are still carried out without testing the ingested product for these things, and then goes on to blame cannabis for something that isnt even caused by the cannabis itself, but rather the toxic pesticide, fake cannabinoids sprayed on, over feed of toxic fertilizers etc etc etc

Robert-in-YEG

Very good point... cannabis should be be clean, grown without any toxic pesticides or ferilizers free from mould and any type of adulterant.
This was the promise legalization was supposed to bring. I have no idea how 'organic' the average cannabis really is.

The only cannabis I would trust as 'organic' would be home grown.

Robert-in-YEG

R (1).jpg

noobvaperct

I don't have the kids and marriage yet, but I live with my fiance and have a cushy remote job. I used to vape only on the weekends when I first started. Then it slowly started to creep during the week as well. Now I vape daily for the most part. I do miss how it gave me something to look forward to and it was exciting. Now I don't have that excitement anymore and it's probably because I do it daily. I do it daily because I love the feeling. It just lost it's special/excitement feeling which is the only crappy part.

florduh

Breaks my heart to see people who work their ass off in the corporate hell feel guilty for unwinding with nature's gift to mankind. Capitalism really pulled a number on us.

That's why caffeine and alcohol are the two most socially acceptable drugs. Caffeine to wake you up for your soul sucking job. Alcohol as a salve at night to keep you going. It's true, cannabis could technically act as that salve. But it isn't acceptable because it might lead the user to start asking questions like, "why do I spend most of my waking hours making corporate shareholders even richer?"

"Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. So I browse FC on company time."

TheFatBastard

I don't have the kids and marriage yet, but I live with my fiance and have a cushy remote job. I used to vape only on the weekends when I first started. Then it slowly started to creep during the week as well. Now I vape daily for the most part. I do miss how it gave me something to look forward to and it was exciting. Now I don't have that excitement anymore and it's probably because I do it daily. I do it daily because I love the feeling. It just lost it's special/excitement feeling which is the only crappy part.

Well, kinda happened the same to me. When I first started, I only used to vape on weekends. Then I started to vape some mondays because of work related stress (I used to hate mondays!), and some months later, I started to vape almost everyday. Not too much, only in the evenings and always at home.

The thing is that weed started to lose its appeal…. You know, is not a party if it happens everyday. Check this topic related about first highs and how weed effects can get mild and predictable: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/why-cant-i-get-the-same-high-than-i-used-to-get.29291/ )

Now, because of professional career changes, my stress is almost gone, and I don’t have the “I vape because I’m stressed and is good for my anxiety” excuse….but I still like to vape, though is better if I only vape once or twice a week, maybe three times a week. I enjoy the weed effects a lot more, vaping everyday made me get a little bored about weed. I love looking forward to it and the effects are better. I’m really trying not to vape two days in a row (the effects is very mild the second day) but I also miss vaping more often. Guess each one must find his own balance.

noobvaperct

Well, kinda happened the same to me. When I first started, I only used to vape on weekends. Then I started to vape some mondays because of work related stress (I used to hate mondays!), and some months later, I started to vape almost everyday. Not too much, only in the evenings and always at home.

The thing is that weed started to lose its appeal…. You know, is not a party if it happens everyday. Check this topic related about first highs and how weed effects can get mild and predictable: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/why-cant-i-get-the-same-high-than-i-used-to-get.29291/ )

Now, because of professional career changes, my stress is almost gone, and I don’t have the “I vape because I’m stressed and is good for my anxiety” excuse….but I still like to vape, though is better if I only vape once or twice a week, maybe three times a week. I enjoy the weed effects a lot more, vaping everyday made me get a little bored about weed. I love looking forward to it and the effects are better. I’m really trying not to vape two days in a row (the effects is very mild the second day) but I also miss vaping more often. Guess each one must find his own balance.

I'm going to do my damned best to pull it back to not daily. I have a FlowerPot B1 that I love dearly that get's my weekend use, but I am also waiting for the Firewood 8 to release for my go-to portable... Give me your strength and energy.

Cannabiker

But it isn't acceptable because it might lead the user to start asking questions like, "why do I spend most of my waking hours making corporate shareholders even richer?"
“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well — you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”
― Bill Hicks

Top Bottom