Vaphit Quartz Cap -

GratefulDread

I'm surprised people aren't more concerned about the o-rings in the cap. That was kind of a deal breaker for me when I first saw it.
Can someone reassure me? I like the price.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: 364F

rizlafreak

two dog star
Yeah interesting, the dynavaps, simrells, vestratto, dani's...
Is it really safe heating stainless to over 400-500°C and more probably?
I mean, life in general ain't safe... but if you have many options nowadays I'll choose the safest method...
make it from Ti2 I'd for sure buy it.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

budski

cantre member
psa; the dyna perf cap fits under the vaphit quartz cap (black B body) for more even heating with the wand, works a treat! perfectly balanced heat retention/airflow with clean glass and a click!.
53460443040_7203a7375d_b.jpg

dapatcho

I'm thinking of getting one of these but am imagining the case it comes with would not be useable immediately after I have heated the device. Should I be looking for something like a DynaVap Stash?

dapatcho,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
am imagining the case it comes with would not be useable immediately after I have heated the device.
You'd be surprised how quickly the quartz gets to cool down. For science, I just completed a solid one hit extraction (using the ronxs double) and it took 14 seconds before I could gingerly remove the cap with my bare fingers - and I find most fabrics to be more heat tolerant than my soft (never done a day's work etc) hands

erka

I like this vape a lot, i use it daily since 3 months, i put a nug on it, heat 35 s with a prince pocket torch, for the first tasty hit, reheat two time 15 s. Very tasty on a glass Charlie stem. I think mine have the 1.5 holes.
Very good for microdosing

gotbadvas

I got one from @VGOODIEZ a little while ago and I like it a lot. I first cleaned it then did a heating with no herb to see how hot it gets at the o-rings and I can touch it without my fingers being burned. I am going to run with only the lower o-ring but I might try to make an o-ring from rayon or something at some point. My wand concentrate cups that fit my 5 fin ti dyna tip will also fit this tip and it's pretty sweet.

budski

cantre member
I My wand concentrate cups that fit my 5 fin ti dyna tip will also fit this tip and it's pretty sweet.
I use a wax cup from the wand that the rim broke off as a glass dyna cap, not captive, but it's nice to be able to see how dark the herb gets while using the wand.
I also use the wand with a dyna perf cap under the Vaphit quartz cap, using 1 oring to keep it in place. Very thorough extraction & milky cloud, by trapping the perf under the glass it retains heat like an armored cap so the air gets heated more evenly, The 1.5 hole caps work best.

Last edited:

gotbadvas

I use a wax cup from the wand that the rim broke off as a glass dyna cap, not captive, but it's nice to be able to see how dark the herb gets while using the wand.
I also use the wand with a dyna perf cap under the Vaphit quartz cap, using 1 oring to keep it in place. Very thorough extraction & milky cloud, by trapping the perf under the glass it retains heat like an armored cap so the air gets heated more evenly, The 1.5 hole caps work best.

Yeah it's pretty nice how many different ways I can use my dyna tips now. Torch or IH on the regular cap. IH with the concentrate cup. Torch with the quartz cap or put the quartz cap over the dyna cap as a glass fmj type setup and heat with torch or IH. I bet the perf cap works well wish I had one. How is the airflow with the perf cap covered with the quartz cap compared to the concentrate cup? My concentrate cups fit tight so airflow is similar to the standard dyna cap.

budski

cantre member
3 words, thorough air heating, 2 words heat saturation, ie no hot spots, tunneling, edge burning.
the prefcap is worth it, I have 1 w/shorty fmj, and 1 open, I'll get another one to keep w/vaphit quartz cap
drill helix style bowl vents ftw

Last edited:
budski,
Reactions: jespar45

364F

Hi guys! Has anyone tried their vaphit with an Induction heater? Or they aren’t compatible?

364F,

budski

cantre member
the wand/IH only works on the base of the dyna cap, because stainless steel is non-magnetic.

budski,
Reactions: 364F

Perfect_Speed4069

I saw someone somewhere recently say they were about to drop updated versions maybe that is why
I had to get a couple of replacement caps the other day, and could only find them on AliExpress. Assumed the recent crop of US/EU resellers had depleted their stock, but interesting to hear otherwise

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Perfect_Speed4069

I messaged them and they are on holidays in China till the 17th, so expect a restock on everything and the newer model out around then
When my replacement caps arrived, they'd thrown in a replacement tip/bowl and 3sets of orings. Which would make sense if they're clearing out old stock - and for £4.20inc postage, I'm not complaining

Perfect_Speed4069,

GratefulDread

FYI, the new version is available on AliExpress.

Tip
Tip w/ stem

Description: "Vaphit X features a XL bowl which is deeper bowl with 6 mini holes at middle, and SS stem which allow loading quartz balls to cool down the steam, this stem has an "X" carbhole and has a mouthpiece which has 10/14mm M/male joint using for bubbler. The quartz cap (1.5mm thickness) is thicker than normal quartz cap (1.0mm thickness), can store more heat for a full extraction."

Top Bottom