Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo27495

stonemonkey55 said:
In the case the name brand tubes run out due to the initial demand, the the VXL branded tubes will definitely be available so that people will have an option to purchase a complete VXC package.
I would actually prefer the vxc brand ht. I like the recesses joint better than the one on the vertigo.

abo27495,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
Thanks for the response... Quality control is the last thing I would be worried about with a VXC HT ;) You guys have already shown you're only going to put out a quality product.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys.

LiquidDreams,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I had a cute little post writen up where I just trashed you herbzzzzzzzzzz. But I deleted it, make sure you know the story before you post, don't undermine a mod's decision either. Back on topic.

If things progress as I hope, I may be in a short testing period in a couple weeks. The new logo on the enclosure in black on black is nice, did I mention that?

SM, how hot does the unit get now, after an hour or so of use? If I can hold it, after an hour, with my bare hands, ill be happy as a clam. Forcast for the future is Cloudy.

IAmKrazy2,

eddyfrancis

Good call Krazy, no need to bring any of that drama over here!

And good question on the heat. I'm really curious about the EZ Bowl in that aspect too, would it be safe to touch immediately after say a massive high temp concentrate session?

eddyfrancis,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't understand the science behind it but somehow the EZ bowl was always cool to the touch. Even the top piece 18m gong connection never gets too hot to touch. You have to ask somone smarter then me as to why

IAmKrazy2,

hereatlast

Where's Powernerd3000? Time for a technical explanation shakedown :p

Enclosure looks great. Clean work all around :)

hereatlast,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
AFAIK, the screen doesn't retain heat well; but collects and transfers the heat extraordinarily. The glass parts retain heat well, I'd imagine.

Progress,

Troi

Progress said:
AFAIK, the screen doesn't retain heat well; but collects and transfers the heat extraordinarily. The glass parts retain heat well, I'd imagine.

From my observation, while many other vaporizers have screens that are hot to the touch, this is because the thermal heat radius of the heating element effects the area where the screen is placed, the clouds design transfers the maximum amount of that heat to the air coming in at a rate with great retention, leading to less radiant heat directly from the heater to the screen.

The screen is still warm to the touch, but it does not burn at all. Also that the air is moving very fast around 380 degrees, and it does not have enough time to heat the mesh too much. That was my observation, I had little trial but I plan to play around with this once the next beta started.

Troi,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The bowl doesn't get hot, just the glass sleeve it slides into. At first it is a little tricky getting it out wihtout touching the glass...mostly due to nervousness. But it doesn't take more than a couple of sessions before your technique for prying it out advances to the point where I don't even think about it anymore.

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I barely even noticed the glass there getting hot, surely dont remember it being uncomfortable hot, or hot enough to burn me.... Could be wrong, just how i remember the device.

IAmKrazy2,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
IAmKrazy2 said:
Ummm stainless steel gets hot on the screen of my extreme, but not vxc

Stainless stell doesn't retain heat very well. The fact that it's mesh makes it retain heat even less. The glass on the extreme bowl also gets very hot, to the point where it burns when on for a while. This is probably due to the difference in the thermal heat radius, as Troi pointed out.

LiquidDreams,

max

Out to lunch
IAmKrazy2 said:
I barely even noticed the glass there getting hot, surely dont remember it being uncomfortable hot, or hot enough to burn me.... Could be wrong, just how i remember the device.
Same here. Pulling an HA crucible out takes care-it's hot and the chamber's hot. But taking out the Cloud bowl shouldn't put you in danger of a burn. Even the exposed bottom of the glass heating tube isn't a problem, heat wise. Now if you spill any water down the heater tube, with your skin underneath, that's a different story.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
I had a cute little post writen up where I just trashed you herbzzzzzzzzzz. But I deleted it, make sure you know the story before you post, don't undermine a mod's decision either. Back on topic.

If things progress as I hope, I may be in a short testing period in a couple weeks. The new logo on the enclosure in black on black is nice, did I mention that?

SM, how hot does the unit get now, after an hour or so of use? If I can hold it, after an hour, with my bare hands, ill be happy as a clam. Forcast for the future is Cloudy.

I'm happy to say that the unit gets warm after an hour of use but I'm willing to bet even the most sensitive of hands won't find the heat offensive. There are 8 screws that hold the enclosure in place and those are the parts that get the hottest. If you hold the Cloud buy it's lower half, those screws don't get as hot. I think you will be quite pleased at the amount of heat the enclosure can now dissipate. :D

stonemonkey55,

Troi

stonemonkey55 said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

I'm happy to say that the unit gets warm after an hour of use but I'm willing to bet even the most sensitive of hands won't find the heat offensive. There are 8 screws that hold the enclosure in place and those are the parts that get the hottest. If you hold the Cloud buy it's lower half, those screws don't get as hot. I think you will be quite pleased at the amount of heat the enclosure can now dissipate. :D

Soo pumped, Knocking on wood, but i know this next round will be the one.

@Stonemonkey -- The new enclosure looks great, maybe its just the image, but is there slightly a greater area of separation between the outer shell and the inner shell? Or are both pieces of the enclosure still plush together?

Troi,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
max said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Same here. Pulling an HA crucible out takes care-it's hot and the chamber's hot. But taking out the Cloud bowl shouldn't put you in danger of a burn. Even the exposed bottom of the glass heating tube isn't a problem, heat wise. Now if you spill any water down the heater tube, with your skin underneath, that's a different story.

Never thought about that, like Final Destination 6 and shit. But seriously, doubt it would be an issue even if it happened i imagine no hotter then my morning shower. Almost curious, cause if it heated water that quickly, it would merely show how well built this thing is.

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
stonemonkey55 said:
If you hold the Cloud buy it's lower half, those screws don't get as hot. I think you will be quite pleased at the amount of heat the enclosure can now dissipate.
Kind of a shame that only us beta testers will appreciate the improvement, but I'm sure that anxious buyers will be pleased that all the kinks have been ironed out prior to production (knock on wood ;) ).

IAmKrazy2 said:
i imagine no hotter then my morning shower.
Imagine hotter. A lot hotter. :o I ended up with a nickel sized burn on my leg, even through my sweat pants. Had to do some really quick 1st aid to avoid a big blister. It's amazing how hot a little water can get, falling through the heater tube. It wouldn't surprise me if just a few drops falling in would completely evaporate before they made it out the bottom. It rivals the exposed Supreme heating element for 'careful with your vaping'. Luckily, accidents with the Cloud are much easier to avoid.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the info, will remember this when I start clouding again.

Edit. Wonder if a similiar design could be used instead of a standard hot water heater with a tank. If water could go from cold to hot so quickly, no need for a tank.

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
They make tankless water heaters now. Like a giant insta-hot :D

I too was worried about burning myself on the Cloud bowl but it is easy for me to handle even after on for awhile. I really like the bowl design a lot. Easy to load/use/clean and easy to handle even when hot.

Cannot wait for production models to come out. Very excited!

Lo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Keep one long fingernail for there EZ Bowl

thumbnail.aspx

Pappy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My unit is calibrated hotter than the others...maybe that's why I was more sensitive to the temp of the bowl. What I like most about the bowl is, aside from my Ion, it is the only unit that completely encloses the herb in a screen. So no bits get blown back in like the ssv and nothing falls in to get burned later like in a log vape. The only time I have had any different experience with the Cloud was when the HT was gunked up from use and the top screen stuck to the HT. When I removed the HT the lid came with it and the ELB bottom was still in the Cloud. I now take better care of my glass...just an occassional ISO wipe with a q-tip is all it takes.

Also, when the ELB is in there, it is in there. I never worry about herb spillage with that thing!

stickstones,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
IAmKrazy2 said:
Edit. Wonder if a similiar design could be used instead of a standard hot water heater with a tank. If water could go from cold to hot so quickly, no need for a tank.

They actually already make shower-heads that do this. Pretty crazy stuff. :brow:

LiquidDreams,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
@ Cloud Beta Testers, or SM55

When you used the Cloud, did you HAVE to hold it on the black part of Enclosure?
I guess my real question is, Did the aluminum part of the Enclosure get hot at all?

VapoRoor,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom