Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
LiquidDreams said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Edit. Wonder if a similiar design could be used instead of a standard hot water heater with a tank. If water could go from cold to hot so quickly, no need for a tank.

They actually already make shower-heads that do this. Pretty crazy stuff. :brow:
And they do make tankless water heaters. They save $ in the long run.

VapoRoor said:
@ Cloud Beta Testers, or SM55

When you used the Cloud, did you HAVE to hold it on the black part of Enclosure?
I guess my real question is, Did the aluminum part of the Enclosure get hot at all?
Yes, and yes. There's a price for high performance. But cooler handling is here, and I don't think sm will mind me quoting him - "We did a minor tweak to the insulator, the inner enclousure, and then the outer enclosure."

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Troi said:
stonemonkey55 said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
I had a cute little post writen up where I just trashed you herbzzzzzzzzzz. But I deleted it, make sure you know the story before you post, don't undermine a mod's decision either. Back on topic.

If things progress as I hope, I may be in a short testing period in a couple weeks. The new logo on the enclosure in black on black is nice, did I mention that?

SM, how hot does the unit get now, after an hour or so of use? If I can hold it, after an hour, with my bare hands, ill be happy as a clam. Forcast for the future is Cloudy.

I'm happy to say that the unit gets warm after an hour of use but I'm willing to bet even the most sensitive of hands won't find the heat offensive. There are 8 screws that hold the enclosure in place and those are the parts that get the hottest. If you hold the Cloud buy it's lower half, those screws don't get as hot. I think you will be quite pleased at the amount of heat the enclosure can now dissipate. :D

Soo pumped, Knocking on wood, but i know this next round will be the one.

@Stonemonkey -- The new enclosure looks great, maybe its just the image, but is there slightly a greater area of separation between the outer shell and the inner shell? Or are both pieces of the enclosure still plush together?

Troi - you, my friend, are an eagle eye. We shrunk the inner enclosure and enlarged the outer, heat shield. This allows our enclosure to never get scalding hot, even if it has been left on for hours.

When you used the Cloud, did you HAVE to hold it on the black part of Enclosure?
I guess my real question is, Did the aluminum part of the Enclosure get hot at all?

It is tough to hold the Cloud by anything other than outer heat shield. The inner casing does get very hot at the top of the enclosure but is significantly cooler for the lower half. I don't foresee people having any heat issues unless they directly touch the top the inner enclosure. We will put a warning sticker on the top so that users wont accidentally scorch themselves.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
See ya boys...gonna run to the Clouds now...she's warmed up and waiting!

monkey...I think you should name your cloud caddie the Weather Station!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Fuck yeah...that was awesome!

When I first got this thing it was all I used for a long time. I have been purposely rotating other units in to do some comparisons. First of all, I do NOT miss the shit that used to come down that SSV wand. I would tolerate it because the hit was the best I had. But the Cloud hits better and gets rid of all that. I cough and hack up less shit when using the HT exclusively. I bought this to mate with the PD and it works great. So when I want a small hit I can hit the PD with the HT. But tonight I did one ELB with my blue dream. The ELB was filled just past half with what I would estimate to be four PD stems worth. So, lwien, this might not be the vape for you, Mr. One Stem Does Me Fine...I envy you!

You're gonna love this thing!

:ko:

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Interesting, sticksontes..... I'd never thought of using the HT with my PD, but now that you mentioned it, it seems like it would be a really good fit. No need to turn the PD upside down, so it seems like it might really work well. Definitely gonna try that when I get mine.

Are you testing a beta-2?

Stu,

theamigo

hey stickstones, would you mind putting up a vid of the pd + ht? i have a pd and am dying to see a video of it in action

theamigo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Vids are not my forte, so here are some pics...sorry about the rotation of three of them...can't figure it out. I am using a beta-1 Cloud.

Here's a pic with the HT, Cloud base, PD and the bushing adapter with bullit tube:

Here's the HT on the Cloud (don't know why imageshack rotated the pic)

Here's the HT with adapter and tube inserted:

Here's the HT on the PD:

It hits the same as far as how you hold it...makes for an easy transition. The difference is airflow and taste. Actually, lwien, you should get an HT and an adapter for your PD...it's sweet!

stickstones,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
@ SM55

Sounds like The Clouds enclosure is doing its job :ko:
The Engraved Logo looks smooth on the Cloud btw.

VapoRoor,

max

Out to lunch
theamigo said:
hey stickstones, would you mind putting up a vid of the pd + ht? i have a pd and am dying to see a video of it in action
Not the HT, but if anyone hasn't seen a log vape bong combo....
PD w/bong

max,

abo27495

Hey sm55, I was wondering if the packaging was customizable at all like the incredibowl case. The IB case has small foam pieces that you can take out as you please to make room for a grinder, stash box or whatever. The case looks so sick it would be sick if it could truly carry everything needed.

abo27495,

Troi

stonemonkey55 said:
Troi said:
stonemonkey55 said:
I'm happy to say that the unit gets warm after an hour of use but I'm willing to bet even the most sensitive of hands won't find the heat offensive. There are 8 screws that hold the enclosure in place and those are the parts that get the hottest. If you hold the Cloud buy it's lower half, those screws don't get as hot. I think you will be quite pleased at the amount of heat the enclosure can now dissipate. :D

Soo pumped, Knocking on wood, but i know this next round will be the one.

@Stonemonkey -- The new enclosure looks great, maybe its just the image, but is there slightly a greater area of separation between the outer shell and the inner shell? Or are both pieces of the enclosure still plush together?

Troi - you, my friend, are an eagle eye. We shrunk the inner enclosure and enlarged the outer, heat shield. This allows our enclosure to never get scalding hot, even if it has been left on for hours.

It is tough to hold the Cloud by anything other than outer heat shield. The inner casing does get very hot at the top of the enclosure but is significantly cooler for the lower half. I don't foresee people having any heat issues unless they directly touch the top the inner enclosure. We will put a warning sticker on the top so that users wont accidentally scorch themselves.

Thank you, That design makes sense, and I'm excited to try it out, this fall should be a very exciting time for the vape community.

Troi,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Looks like maybe the ice chamber is narrower and the mouth is the same width as the beta HT's? I wouldn't want the mouth of the HT any bigger than it already is.

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Hey SM, any chance the new HT will fit in the stock case, or in my pelican case? I think I need one, and I lik the extended chamber for sure.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
Hey SM, any chance the new HT will fit in the stock case, or in my pelican case? I think I need one, and I lik the extended chamber for sure.

The stock case is big enough to house the tallest of our "ready for launch" HydraTubes. This includes the SG, SGW, and the tallest (about 11-12 inches) Vertigo tube.

Going forward, our "official default" size for HydraTubes will be 9 inches so that they can fit into a Pelican 1200 case. We are getting custom cases made but they won't be available at launch. If you want, you can get a Pelican 1200 and it will be large enough for a Cloud, HT, grinder, and some meds

:D

@Ohigho - good time to check in, I would say we are about 2-3 months away from officially launching. We are working with our manufacturer on the assembly process and still awaiting to test our new heat sensors. We were told that our heat sensors wouldn't arrive until Sept 12 (original ETA was Aug 15) but we only need a couple to test out so we are hoping they can send out just a few before sending us our big order so we can properly test them and give the green light to ramp up production

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
stonemonkey55 said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

The stock case is big enough to house the tallest of our "ready for launch" HydraTubes. This includes the SG, SGW, and the tallest (about 11-12 inches) Vertigo tube.

Going forward, our "official default" size for HydraTubes will be 9 inches so that they can fit into a Pelican 1200 case. We are getting custom cases made but they won't be available at launch. If you want, you can get a Pelican 1200 and it will be large enough for a Cloud, HT, grinder, and some meds

:D

@Ohigho - good time to check in, I would say we are about 2-3 months away from officially launching. We are working with our manufacturer on the assembly process and still awaiting to test our new heat sensors. We were told that our heat sensors wouldn't arrive until Sept 12 (original ETA was Aug 15) but we only need a couple to test out so we are hoping they can send out just a few before sending us our big order so we can properly test them and give the green light to ramp up production

Thanks, bought some more glass today. Keep me posted.

IAmKrazy2,

Ohigho

Thanks for the current news! I'm spreading word about this product to the greater community.

Ohigho,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
Question for testers and monkey-

Have you found an optimal grind for the cloud? i.e. course, medium, fine, very fine, etc. I'm likely going to invest in a decent grinder along w/the cloud and wondering what grinding characteristics I should be looking for.

ThouShaltVape,

Carbon

ThouShaltVape said:
Question for testers and monkey-

Have you found an optimal grind for the cloud? i.e. course, medium, fine, very fine, etc. I'm likely going to invest in a decent grinder along w/the cloud and wondering what grinding characteristics I should be looking for.
Most metal grinders are pretty similar in how fine of a grind they produce, the quality of the grinder itself is what varies more. I'd assume that with the Cloud one would want as fine of a grind as one could get w/o being too fine that the pieces go through the screen of the bowl. A finer grind means more surface area is exposed which makes vaping more effective, but the Cloud is going to vape pretty well no matter what. I've hand picked pieces and put them into the bowl of my Volcano when a grinder wasn't available. It still produced vapor just fine even if I wasn't getting my money's worth so to speak as I would if it were ground well. I can't see the Cloud being as finicky as say a Launch Box when it comes to grinding.

Just try to grab a good Space Case or Cosmic that suits you. ;)

Carbon,

max

Out to lunch
ThouShaltVape said:
Have you found an optimal grind for the cloud? i.e. course, medium, fine, very fine, etc.
Fine would be good except for the fact that the bowl has holes. A loosely loaded bowl with a medium to coarse grind is my preference. It's not really a big deal with the Cloud.

Carbon said:
Most metal grinders are pretty similar in how fine of a grind they produce
2 pc. vs. 4 pc. determines consistency for the most part. One allows bud to escape the teeth. The other doesn't.

the quality of the grinder itself is what varies more
In my experience, with many different models, not unless you're buying from a convenience store. Even cheap brand names provide good quality these days.

I'd assume that with the Cloud one would want as fine of a grind as one could get w/o being too fine that the pieces go through the screen of the bowl.
IMO trying to get a fine grind while avoiding too fine a grind for the screen material means sifting your bud after you grind, in order to leave out the really fine ground material. This is certainly an option, especially if you have an LB which could use that fine ground. But the Cloud does fine with a typical 4 pc. grind and that's what I plan to use.

Just try to grab a good Space Case or Cosmic that suits you.
Or spend much less and still get a good grinder.

max,

m0j0h4nd

My favorite grinder is a Krups coffee bean grinder. Any experience with those and how would that grind work for The Cloud?

m0j0h4nd,

max

Out to lunch
A coffee grinder is great for the LB, where a really fine grind is best. For the Cloud, I'd rather use my fingers than an electric.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom