• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vapexhale Petra (Upgraded Evo?)

VapeMeister Supreme

I'm not suprised but I am not going to email Sezzle till tomorrow. Definitely getting money back if I don't get a shipping confirmation by tomorrow. And if did just get pulled this would be one of the most grimmey moves I've seen in the vape game. Karma is a biatch though. Lesson learned again even though I knew better. VAS is a mofo.

saltywetman

not gonna lie, don't like the "hanu lab" name or logo lol just like the classic monkey king vapexhale logo. Vapexhale is a known name too... i get there was an ownership change, but imo wasn't a great move with the rebranding. Should've kept the vapexhale name and logo. I was very close to pulling the trigger on the petra back in late november but decided to wait till it hits retail, however looks like that may not happen after all. My only nitpick with my evo is the base is too narrow for whip setups and the vape is easily tipped especially when stacked with a hydratube on top like a lynx. the petra would've solved problem.

monochord71

Between this and the cheap chinaglass they've been putting their brand name on lately, I'm really not impressed.

monochord71,
Reactions: BigJr48

ttomo

I last heard from them on Jan. 18.
I asked them to hold off on shipping until I moved and they responded with,
"no problem, we can do that"

I've emailed 4 times since and had no replies.

I also notice their bamboo repair link is not working.

Are they switching to hanulabs.com or has that been around awhile? I've not checked on it before, my emails always went through xhlcustomercare. Now I see, if I click support, it offers hanulabs

Hanulabs has 2 Petra links, one is a 404 and the other works but says nothing available.
I'll wait for an evo/petra no matter, but if they just stopped making them I don't know who I'd switch to.

Last edited:
ttomo,
  • Wow
Reactions: BigJr48

VapeMeister Supreme

Still no response from Vapehale or Hanu still no shipping confirmation. It takes balls of steel to pull a fast one like that.

VapeMeister Supreme,

ttomo

I hope this isn't the end :(
Same, I love my Evo and it broke.
They offered a free fix for the December delay.
Now they are silent, and I had to move, so I didn't get mine fixed : /

I've contacted my card about a refund but still want to give Evo some more time. The card company said there was no time limit, but there could be a longer delay in getting my refund.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Does anyone have info on the vapexhale website switching its support email to hanulabs?
I'm still hoping they're in a transition due to supply chain and/or company direction vs shuttering.

Anyone recommend something as solid and powerful as the Evo? I have a glass Turbine I'd like to keep using, but w/e. Flower is my preference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any way, I'm stuck with combustion and we know what to say to that...!

Last edited:

timmahsan

treEnt
Sent an email to support and customer service addresses last night to check status. No reply. Asked for a refund, time to roll the dice to see if anything comes of it.

timmahsan,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The company's start was super ugly and IMO they survived those early days on the "good will" of the vape community. Maybe they thought they could leverage that "good will" similarly one more time......

Did the attempt at rebranding (Hanu/Petra) and leveraging the "good will" of the vape community go well enough to cause the vape community to pre-purchase enough units to support the kickoff and the company?

Looks like Seibo got out while the getting was good.

I hope I'm wrong cause I love my EVO and its only a matter of time before I brake the bamboo.....

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Same, I love my Evo and it broke.
They offered a free fix for the December delay.
Now they are silent, and I had to move, so I didn't get mine fixed : /

I've contacted my card about a refund but still want to give Evo some more time. The card company said there was no time limit, but there could be a longer delay in getting my refund.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Does anyone have info on the vapexhale website switching its support email to hanulabs?
I'm still hoping they're in a transition due to supply chain and/or company direction vs shuttering.

Anyone recommend something as solid and powerful as the Evo? I have a glass Turbine I'd like to keep using, but w/e. Flower is my preference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any way, I'm stuck with combustion and we know what to say to that...!
@VGOODIEZ has Evo's in stock on their website. Come to think of it, I should get a backup Evo before I am in your situation lol.
It's the best vape for my needs/requirements. I'd hate to have my current one break on me. Next sale, I gotta pull the trigger. Hopefully I can just buy the Evo, I already have multiple hydratubes/rigs.

Edit: I also noticed on the VXH/Hanu website that can no longer buy 2/4 packs of the EZ load bowls. The only choices are 20pk and 40pk for $39.99/$79.99. Reeks of liquidation to me...better buy em while you can folks.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
After mulling it over a bit, I’m gonna have faith and let this guy have a chance. 🙂 I’ve been through enough launchs not to get pissed at a schedule snafu. Especially with the shipping chain these days. He’s probably packing Petra’s as we speak!😄

Custom Flower Hardware,

ontopofclouds

@VGOODIEZ has Evo's in stock on their website. Come to think of it, I should get a backup Evo before I am in your situation lol.
It's the best vape for my needs/requirements. I'd hate to have my current one break on me. Next sale, I gotta pull the trigger. Hopefully I can just buy the Evo, I already have multiple hydratubes/rigs.

Edit: I also noticed on the VXH/Hanu website that can no longer buy 2/4 packs of the EZ load bowls. The only choices are 20pk and 40pk for $39.99/$79.99. Reeks of liquidation to me...better buy em while you can folks.
what was the pricing on the 2/4 packs before?

20pk for $40 seems pretty decent?

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
After mulling it over a bit, I’m gonna have faith and let this guy have a chance. 🙂 I’ve been through enough launchs not to get pissed at a schedule snafu. Especially with the shipping chain these days. He’s probably packing Petra’s as we speak!😄

What's concerning is the lack of reply's from their service and sales department. If they are truly still solvent, then answering emails to generate sales is imperative. That they aren't is telling.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I had a bad feeling about this one when I read that woke interview some months back from the new CEO...

I think overall this is pretty bad news and I’m concerned this market may actually be shrinking and not growing.

To be 100% honest I do think dabs have really decimated the plugin vape market and diverted a lot of the sales.

ontopofclouds

I had a bad feeling about this one when I read that woke interview some months back from the new CEO...

I think overall this is pretty bad news and I’m concerned this market may actually be shrinking and not growing.

To be 100% honest I do think dabs have really decimated the plugin vape market and diverted a lot of the sales.
I wouldn't worry about it too much honestly.

I think this situation only really affirms what we have always known: the market for $400+ vaporizers that need to be plugged into a wall is exceptionally small. At a price point that high you are basically hoping to succeed as a company by exclusively selling to enthusiasts like all of us here on this forum, which is not a large market of people.

Vapexhale had a revolutionary product within their niche but then spent the next years after that doing nothing to innovate or expand their product lineup. Portables are king in the market and they missed out on a huge opportunity by never expanding. The Evo is still an amazing device in 2022 but it's extremely old news. People looking to spend big money on a desktop vape these days are going to go with something newer and more exciting, like a flowerpot or any one of the injector style vapes which are all the rage right now.

The reality is that pretty much all of the people who would have ever purchased an Evo have likely done so by now.... I felt like it was a clear enough sign when they showed off the Petra as being a primarily cosmetic redesign over anything else. It signaled that the company wasn't really sure how to design something new and attractive and instead were hoping to re-entice their long term customer base with a new and shiny toy. They were hoping enough current Evo owners would double-dip and keep them afloat for a little while longer and I think ultimately the reception just wasn't there.

If you want to survive in the high-end vape market as a company you either need to be mass producing portables as well or you need to go all in on the artisan market. If you sit in the middle you just get squeezed. Vapexhale had a great run, but not every company is meant to stay around forever.

Top Bottom