Discontinued Vapexhale Petra (Upgraded Evo?)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
No, they said it could take 30 to 45 days as they work through the process of everything including the refunds for the Petra...
Aliexpress refunded me within a week , 30-45 days is an outrageous time for local transfer ,even for international transfer. If you ask me they count on the clearance sale in order to be able to do that. Hopefully they will really make right to those people and are not just buying time until they clear stock and disappear forever.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Aliexpress refunded me within a week , 30-45 days is an outrageous time for local transfer ,even for international transfer. If you ask me they count on the clearance sale in order to be able to do that. Hopefully they will really make right to those people and are not just buying time until they clear stock and disappear forever.

You mentioned this before, but I don't think there's any reason to assume the worst, that time range was not because of how long it takes to process btw, it is their processes, part of shutting down the company... FYI

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
You mentioned this before, but I don't think there's any reason to assume the worst, that time range was not because of how long it takes to process btw, it is their processes, part of shutting down the company... FYI
Well i wont mention it again,but have in account that someone mentioned, a month ago, it took 3 weeks for them to get back to him when he asked for refund,hopefully that is deducted from the 45 days of waiting..They were avoiding questions if they have enough funds to go through with the project.Shipping date was postponed to 15 feb and now all of a sudden they issue message that they are closing ,like it happened out of nowhere. Things are starting to line up,but maybe this is paranoid point of view,time will tell.
@Silver420Surfer I pmed you a couple of places in the US that still has it in stock.

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

I think the time frame on the refunds is clearly not ideal, however I think it must also be acknowledged that when you participate in a pre-order for a vape, you are inherently taking on a certain amount of risk that the project fails, the company fails, etc. This industry has been filled with countless examples of such in the past. As part of that risk I don't think it's necessarily wrong for Vapexhale to ask for a longer period of time, such as the mentioned 30-45 days, to fulfill the refunds. I believe they were also quite transparent in the initial announcement about needing to sell a substantial amount of pre orders to have the necessary funds to deliver on the project in the first place. Again all not very ideal....but this is also why I've never pre-ordered a vape and have no plans to do so ever.

I believe they should be given the time period they have stated to fulfill their obligations before we start tossing around terms like exit scam. Unless anyone wants to step in with any examples, as I have stated several times so far, there is no evidence of them frauding anybody by accepting money and not delivering on current products (i.e. everything evo related not the petra). As long as everyone gets their refund within the stated time period nobody will have been frauded on the petra project except having had their money held up for however many months it has been. A shitty situation to be frank, however, this is part of the game when you pre order a vape. It is what is I believe. If there is any take away here it should be never pre order a vaporizer and wait for other people to get it in their hands before you start moving any money around. There's enough people with crazy VAS in this community that you never have to wait long to hear if a vape is good or not.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So heartbreaking to see VapeXhale bite the dust. Well, I guess that sale is attractive to stock up on some nice backup vaping glass, and ELBs...
But when I go the shipping tab on the checkout it just says "Shipping information is required. Enter your information here" (just takes me back to address form, which is already completely filled). Is it because I'm overseas and they just can't ship outside CONUS anymore at all, even it it's only glass and no vape?

ttomo

The time frame is just "law code". It is what they are bound to "by law" to get done in order to dissolve. Sounds similar to receiving your security deposit when moving out of a rental.

They may process in 10 days or 32, but by 45, they should be finishing up. They are working on dissolving, so by law (and at least we have some Laws still functioning) this is a requirement.

I'd have preferred the information as soon as they knew they were missing their 2/15 deadline but at least we know what is going on and what to expect.

I'm sad they didn't even manage to send out a handful of Petra's,

staircase slight of hand

The time frame is just "law code". It is what they are bound to "by law" to get done in order to dissolve. Sounds similar to receiving your security deposit when moving out of a rental.

The timeframe they provided is the bare minimum for legal compliance. There’s no reason for them not to be issuing immediate refunds, unless those funds aren’t actually available (due to this “fundraising” having turned into a de facto Ponzi scheme).

ontopofclouds

The timeframe they provided is the bare minimum for legal compliance. There’s no reason for them not to be issuing immediate refunds, unless those funds aren’t actually available (due to this “fundraising” having turned into a de facto Ponzi scheme).
they quite literally told everyone from the jump that the funds weren't available lol

ontopofclouds,

checkyourlibido

They mentioned that from the beginning and the first thing I thought was Ponzi scheme as well. I might have ordered something cheap, but I didn't see anything I wanted to risk never getting.

checkyourlibido,

Jason Mendoza

Hi y'all. Looking at vale bales site, are all of the base units the same? They look the same. It's hard to tell. Are the auth retailer's going to have discounts too? I've looked around and can't find any signs of that happening.

Jason Mendoza,

ttomo

they quite literally told everyone from the jump that the funds weren't available lol

They mentioned that from the beginning and the first thing I thought was Ponzi scheme as well.
I don't see that mentioned, am I missing something?

Legal compliance is the only thing that insures the refunds before they dissolve. So whether it's immediate or day 45, at least they cannot dissolve and run.

Personally, I doubt they "spent to zero" or negative, or even touched the Petra funds. Covid was a slow burn, but a lot of indoor activities sky rocketed in sales. I'm assuming they've cut staff costs, want to ensure the parts for orders, and clean house before sitting down to the final paperwork.

monochord71

EDIT: I just received the following from Ricardo Willis, sent from support.vapexhale.com (so you may receive this as well).

-------------------------------------

{snip}

One of my first initiatives as the CEO was to create a new device for our customers. It's been a long journey since the first vapexhale evo was released. It's pretty tough to make a device that's better, it's the best! However, I decided creating a device with a bold new look with improved features that increases performance, reduces breakage and increases customer satisfaction is the way for us.

The Limited Edition Petra, is our gift to you! The Petra is the beginning of the next generation of Hanu Labs (Vapexhale) technology, pushing the boundaries of style and design; while remaining true to our core. The Petra's newly configured internal components utilize our patented perpetu thermal heating system and all glass airthpath. We've improved our design by adding unique features that you will love. This isn't the average vaporizer it's eye catching perfection.

We've entered the final hurdles of producing this device which has been a wild ride! I'm going to ask for your help with the final push! We need your help!

A presale of 500 units will ensure we can get the product released in December. There are a lot of costs associated with a device release; but Colleen and I have brought the product to the finish line. We need this final push to make it happen now!
{snip}

This really didn't age well.

ontopofclouds

I don't see that mentioned, am I missing something?
We've entered the final hurdles of producing this device which has been a wild ride! I'm going to ask for your help with the final push! We need your help!

A presale of 500 units will ensure we can get the product released in December. There are a lot of costs associated with a device release; but Colleen and I have brought the product to the finish line. We need this final push to make it happen now!

They basically admitted they needed to sell 500 units before they could make sure they could actually launch the project.

Carrera3.0

I've never understood any of this, something is very wrong here.

500 units at $500 is $250,000, not a very large amount, especially considering that it has cost VapeXhale/Hanu Labs a reputation that until now was outstanding.

And what's to become of the Petra units that were being manufactured?

I just hope everyone gets their $$$ back!

VapeMeister Supreme

Guess I'm getting a Mighty + wish there was something new all glass and official. Wonder what happened and if he was legitimately trying to bring something good to the market or just trying to play vape entrepreneur. It was a no brainer to build off the evo thats what everyone else is doing just incremental updates to newer versions just add a ➕ to it. Im sure if they had the funds to just pull through and get it to the market they would have had some success. Just scratching my head.

staircase slight of hand

Legal compliance is the only thing that insures the refunds before they dissolve. So whether it's immediate or day 45, at least they cannot dissolve and run.

If you’ve ever been a creditor in a bankruptcy proceeding, you know this optimism is misplaced.

Creditors can and do get fucked raw in these kinds of dissolutions every day of the week. Hanu is very purposefully presenting a best case scenario in hopes that most of their pre-order customers don’t figure out how likely it is for this refund situation to completely spin out of control. I wish y’all the best with your refunds, but their statement shouldn’t instill confidence in anyone that actually understands bankruptcy law.

Carrera3.0

There's only evidence of a single 'prototype' that appears in the promo videos.
There is no indication that any were ever actually manufactured.

Nobody here has ever seen, or heard of, ANY prototype Petra's in the wild, only the single video that's on youtube?

I always thought it looked like a CloudEVO in a S&B orange color with handles that made it appear
obnoxious :rofl:
but in the interview I read, the CEO kinda said that was the look they were going for, a "Kitchen Aid" type product, a centerpiece of your table :hmm:

But I did make the assumption that everything else would be an upgrade over an already pretty darn good product, the Cloud EVO, so I was all set to get one, once the reviews were in. Everyone here saved me from making a big mistake and I feel bad that some might have lost $$.

If there aren't any pre-release & prototypes floating around somewhere, that paints a very different story. Everyone here has had or known someone who has had an early model of one vape or another....

DillGaff

Having a hard time believing this!

I initially joined FC after first reading about the Petra with the intention of purchasing a Cloud EVO to use before it's release. The more time I spent here I learned about other choices, Vapbong, FW, TM, MiniVap, Logs, and every time I tried getting any info from Hanu about the Petra I got stonewalled, so after trying to land a FW without any luck I picked up a TM and never looked back.

The more time I spent here I watched as other new products were discussed and dropped, XMax E-Rig, Daab, Anvil, Dan Morrison with the Nomad & Toad, and thought it strange that there was never anything about the Petra. There were many posts of members here using prototype models and even videos of the others.

I kept waiting for the Petra to show up in videos and hearing about prototype models but nothing. I guess that should have been a warning that something wasn't right. I have always hoped that the Petra would drop and after reviews I might pick one up.

With this latest development now I'm leaning more towards a log like the new E-Nano XL, which appears to be the small, discreet type of plug-in that will work great for me.

Hope nobody loses any $$ over this.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
The more time I spent here I watched as other new products were discussed and dropped, XMax E-Rig, Daab, Anvil, Dan Morrison with the Nomad & Toad, and thought it strange that there was never anything about the Petra. There were many posts of members here using prototype models and even videos of the others.

I kept waiting for the Petra to show up in videos and hearing about prototype models but nothing. I guess that should have been a warning that something wasn't right.
there are pretty much no user videos of the nomad 2 (besides improvapers from like 2 months ago) and if any high volume company does a prototype run, you can bet your ass they will do it under NDA and you will only catch whats going on by accident (as seen with the Mighty+ leak in a friggin music video).

so the red flag was more that a well established vape company needed a pre-paid run of 500 units to get their next gen off the ground, even though it looks like they only really changed the shell.

I mean hell, even hopper labs managed to get the hopper io out with their own funds, and they didnt even bother changing the shell at all and just concentrated on updating the internals but keeping them in a state where they would fail just as often as the original grasshoppers, to really satisfy their oldest and dearest fans.

Top Bottom