Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
An ice cube just destroyed mosh's vapexhale, that's the problem :ko:
Although, I'm sure each individual HT might be more, or less, susceptible to that actually happening

If you realllly want an icy toke without any possibility of overfilling, you can buy these and customize the exact length/size/shape of the re-usable ice cubes. The thing that makes these actually stand out, is even if you're actually smoking through them, all day every day, they apparently never collect resin.
http://icytokes.com/

Found these guys at the 2012 kush con I think it was

Wow, the moment I get a nice glass piece that takes ice, I think I'll grab that. That's a pretty genius idea.

----

I'm still looking for ideas on how to clean my HydraTree. It's been 4 days for me. I really need to clean it. I'm worried about soaking it in ISO inside a Storage Gallon Sized Ziplock Bag (I don't even know if it will fit). Should I be worried about that? I'm not even sure, LOL! After I stopped combusting now I don't want nothing in me that doesn't need to be, LOL. I'm going to try to find Grunge Off, but I doubt I will be able to tonight anytime (although I am going to try this one crazy place, LOL).

What do you guys do to clean your Hydratube? I also don't have a cork or even know where to begin looking for a cork for the bottom. ?

Thanks for all your help!

newVaper420,

SD_haze

Wow, the moment I get a nice glass piece that takes ice, I think I'll grab that. That's a pretty genius idea.

----

I'm still looking for ideas on how to clean my HydraTree. It's been 4 days for me. I really need to clean it. I'm worried about soaking it in ISO inside a Storage Gallon Sized Ziplock Bag (I don't even know if it will fit). Should I be worried about that? I'm not even sure, LOL! After I stopped combusting now I don't want nothing in me that doesn't need to be, LOL. I'm going to try to find Grunge Off, but I doubt I will be able to tonight anytime (although I am going to try this one crazy place, LOL).

What do you guys do to clean your Hydratube? I also don't have a cork or even know where to begin looking for a cork for the bottom. ?

You should be able to find a cork at most "Home Brewer" supply shops, or even hardware stores (although you might only find rubber stoppers there).

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!

----

Soak it in the bag its fine. Just don't reclaim anything that doesn't touch glass or stainless steel only is my personal motto. If you clean in plastic then rinse it off I don't see any harm at all as long as you are going to discard the iso eventually.

darkrom,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Soak it in the bag its fine. Just don't reclaim anything that doesn't touch glass or stainless steel only is my personal motto. If you clean in plastic then rinse it off I don't see any harm at all as long as you are going to discard the iso eventually.

So let's say for the future, I did want to reclaim. I actually have tons of stuff on my tube. How would someone go about doing that? I'm really new to vaping, and I've seen bits and pieces, someone mentioned they heated up a glass baking dish in a microwave and then did a vac pump or something like that. I investigated vac whatever it was called, and I don't have a pump or something like that. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

What do you do to clean your Hydratube? Thanks :-)

newVaper420,

t00fatt

An ice cube just destroyed mosh's vapexhale, that's the problem :ko:
Although, I'm sure each individual HT might be more, or less, susceptible to that actually happening

If you realllly want an icy toke without any possibility of overfilling, you can buy these and customize the exact length/size/shape of the re-usable ice cubes. The thing that makes these actually stand out, is even if you're actually smoking through them, all day every day, they apparently never collect resin.

That's perfect, and I'd be getting a set but they won't fit in my Vertigo. Says they need a 1 1/2" diameter, my HT only has a 1 1/4" inner diameter. Oh well :(

t00fatt,

jdee

I prefer believe it was the drop that was the problem, not the ice cube, but what do I know..

jdee,
Reactions: Sinclue

Marvc

----

I run hot water through mine from the tub for a bit but I do that like 2-3 times a day, so if it's been four days your going to need a more exstensive clean. Buy grunge off works great on glass and is reusabl just funnel and strain back in.

Marvc,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Are those cubes glass???? I don't think I would not recommend those if they are. Glass cubes knocking against other glass cubes inside the down stem of a glass water pipe... sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Glass is weak against impact against other glass.

Slightly Medicated,

SD_haze

Are those cubes glass???? I don't think I would not recommend those if they are. Glass cubes knocking against other glass cubes inside the down stem of a glass water pipe... sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Glass is weak against impact against other glass.
You're right and I'm pretty sure it is glass. The only scenario I can see it being plenty safe is if you have a large tube that remains stationary on a table and you hit it without moving. Since the cubes are held together, they'd only jostle against the tube if it was moved around.

Or maybe for someone who already has a really nice collection, using them with a functional sub-$100 tube.

SD_haze,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
You're right and I'm pretty sure it is glass. The only scenario I can see it being plenty safe is if you have a large tube that remains stationary on a table and you hit it without moving. Since the cubes are held together, they'd only jostle against the tube if it was moved around.

Or maybe for someone who already has a really nice collection, using them with a functional sub-$100 tube.

Yea I would use it on a sub $100 just to make it a little nicer. I feel bad for anyone who literally drops those into a tube because they are not thinking about it. I could see them breaking the ice catches easily. It is an interesting design... I think they are just solid blocks of glass. I don't think they are filled with anything.

I quit using ice... it was just too much trouble. I also did not like that it made the water level higher as it melted. I wonder how whiskey stones would work: http://www.amazon.com/Teroforma-1220-Whisky-Stones/dp/B002GZX2DE

Maybe some reusable ice cubes: http://www.amazon.com/CoolBlues-Reusable-Cubes-your-Drinks/dp/B000PGOQNQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1343940816&sr=1-1&keywords=reusable ice cubes

or these wine chill balls: http://www.amazon.com/Make-My-Day-ChillBall-Intelligent/dp/B0052WJ1QU/ref=sr_1_19?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1343940816&sr=1-19&keywords=reusable ice cubes

Slightly Medicated,

Dude they go in the top half of a tube that has ice pinches, not the downstem. Their main advantage is that they don't alter water levels of the tube since they don't leak like ice cubes. Yeah, they're glass and I would never use them but I don't think they would cause much damage to a tube if the owner was careful with them. Looks like there's something to grab on to at the top and they're all attached by the same string down the middle. Cool idea but not my thing. :peace:

nugghuffer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Soooooo, I'm at the doctor today getting my IM Toradol injection from the same nurse as yesterday. Now, when it comes to vaping I really like to share. This beautiful woman seemed really interested yesterday so I thought, maybe I could take my Cloud in to show her? I do have the case and all . . . Hmmm . . . no, too much. Realizing a picture can be worth a thousand words I printed out a couple of full sized pictures and took them with me :) This way I was able to really show what the Cloud is and how it functions.

All I can say is when she saw the pics she was excited! She asked if she could have them to show around to her co workers! (all the other pretty nurses there :haw:)

She also let slip this little jewel: "I'm going to take this and show it to my . . ." thought stopped. Could it have been husband, friend, patient? Not sure but this woman obviously takes care of someone with cannabis somewhere.

I get one more shot tomorrow, then thats the end of the stack, so I will see her once more :)

Be prepared. If you wear a VapeXhale t-shirt around, you will catch people looking at it, but in my community people are coming up to me and asking me what VapeXhale is, so I guess if I am going to wear the shirt I better be ready to answer the questions :) :peace:

Spiritwalker

I'm getting the overall impression that bubbles are working much better than the hydratubes? Why is this the case? Just the design differences? I thought it was all pretty much the same, vapour getting cooled and moisturized through water by diffusion. Seems like it's "harder" to milk a HT.

Spiritwalker,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Ok, unit is not "dead".
It works but since the glass pathway is ruined and the heater is exposed - my cloud now combusts...

Are you going to try to get it fixed (locally)? You got nothing to lose. That glass piece is just basically a downstem for a bong, no? Should be pretty easy to replace it.

Hippie Dickie,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I myself wouldn't use or ever do plan to use the supplied HydraTube. It's cool and is very well made, but I ain't about to dangle that sucker on an a little 18mm GonG joint - that's for damn sure.

I've got upwards of twenty five bongs in my arsenal, so luckily the Cloud is better suited for that anyways imo. The SG Mini King fits like a glove with this vape. And after about a session or two's worth I've really got the handle of this thing. I'm talking HUGE bong-size rips, about three at a time. Then I'll remove the ELB and chill for ten or fifteen minutes on the couch, reload and do it again... and again, and again. :)

JJ420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Soooooo, I'm at the doctor today getting my IM Toradol injection from the same nurse as yesterday. Now, when it comes to vaping I really like to share. This beautiful woman seemed really interested yesterday so I thought, maybe I could take my Cloud in to show her? I do have the case and all . . . Hmmm . . . no, too much. Realizing a picture can be worth a thousand words I printed out a couple of full sized pictures and took them with me :) This way I was able to really show what the Cloud is and how it functions.

All I can say is when she saw the pics she was excited! She asked if she could have them to show around to her co workers! (all the other pretty nurses there :haw:)

She also let slip this little jewel: "I'm going to take this and show it to my . . ." thought stopped. Could it have been husband, friend, patient? Not sure but this woman obviously takes care of someone with cannabis somewhere.

I get one more shot tomorrow, then thats the end of the stack, so I will see her once more :)

Be prepared. If you wear a VapeXhale t-shirt around, you will catch people looking at it, but in my community people are coming up to me and asking me what VapeXhale is, so I guess if I am going to wear the shirt I better be ready to answer the questions :) :peace:

You might want to print a small info card you can hand to people when they ask, unless you just like having an excuse to talk vape... :lol:

Spiritwalker

I myself wouldn't use or ever do plan to use the supplied HydraTube. It's cool and is very well made, but I ain't about to dangle that sucker on an a little 18mm GonG joint - that's for damn sure.

I've got upwards of twenty five bongs in my arsenal, so luckily the Cloud is better suited for that anyways imo. The SG Mini King fits like a glove with this vape. And after about a session or two's worth I've really got the handle of this thing. I'm talking HUGE bong-size rips, about three at a time. Then I'll remove the ELB and chill for ten or fifteen minutes on the couch, reload and do it again... and again, and again. :)

Well in light of VXL's warranty, I think i'd have to agree with you. I never thought about it much before, but if all it takes is a little water to destroy your $400 piece of vaporizer technology, then that's out. My problem is, and this is ocd related, is that i'd need the best glass, which means mobius, soverignty, etc. which is $400+. So that's double the cost of a HT, just if it broke or whatever.

Sometimes I wonder why VXL even went with this HT combo, and doesn't just sell Clouds....a vape designed to be used with your own glass piece. Why even bother with the glass side of the business? I suppose it's ergonomics and the way the vape is "intended" and "designed" to be used, but everything points to bubblers offering better performance and milking.

I really wonder what the cost of the Cloud alone will be? Without a discount it would make sense to charge $325 I suppose, but since there is probably a bundle discount with the HT, it will be more. Compare to a Cano, pennies! lol

Are you going to try to get it fixed (locally)? You got nothing to lose. That glass piece is just basically a downstem for a bong, no? Should be pretty easy to replace it.

I don't think so. VXL says fixing it will cost the same as a brand new Cloud. It's not just a simple downstem in there. It's a proprietary glass piece from vxl. Would be easier when/if they come out with their modular design.

Spiritwalker,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
from the descriptions of that tube, it's just a borosilicate tube with some pinches. Mosh will know soon enough when he pops it open. i personally think it's the length of the tube and the computer temperature control that makes the difference. He's got no warranty, so nothing to lose by opening it.

Hippie Dickie,

180heelflip

Received my cloud monday, but this week was so crazy I just got to unpacking it and I am ready to join the cloud revolution. A few questions for the seasoned cloud users. I turned the unit on and left it at the lowest setting as suggested in the manual and it clicked for a while and eventually turned green. I then turned it to 12 for a "burn off" and it went red and eventually turned green. Now it is green at 12 but the clicking seems to always be going and i still have a faint smell....... Do you do the burn off on full temp ? here are some qs and thanks for helping a newb out.

1. for low temp vaping, what is the consensus ? 7-9 o'clock?
2. do people just leave the dial on the preffered setting and turn the switch on and off when done or do you need to start at the lowest temp level each time it fires up from cold and work the heat upwards to the preferred vape temp setting?
3. Once it turns green, is the clicking supposed to continue or is it supposed to go away.
4. What's the difference between using the small vs large ELBs. My guess is the small is for small personal loads and the large is for larger group bowls?

Any helpful hints would be great :huh: I can be easily confused with new technology and this forum was awesome at helping me figure out my T1 portable.

180heelflip,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
1. for low temp vaping, what is the consensus ? 7-9 o'clock?
I'm liking about 9:15-9:30ish with a nice long warmup to ambient
2. do people just leave the dial on the preffered setting and turn the switch on and off when done or do you need to start at the lowest temp level each time it fires up from cold and work the heat upwards to the preferred vape temp setting?
Still experimenting with this :)
3. Once it turns green, is the clicking supposed to continue or is it supposed to go away.
Don't worry about the clicks, its totally normal.
4. What's the difference between using the small vs large ELBs. My guess is the small is for small personal loads and the large is for larger group bowls?
I think the "small" ELBs you are referring to may be the ELB caps? Wasn't aware of any new ELBs yet. I find you can put a tiny amount in the ELB and extract in one nice hit if you wish. Enjoy your Cloud :) and remember to put the cap on the ELB or you will end up with medicine in your perc :ko:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Vape...then exhale cloud! :lol: (lather, rinse, repeat...)
I am in a weirdly happy mood today because I just got my hands on a brand new Mobius 60t Stereo Matrix!!! :clap::rockon::buzz: Pics, vids etc...soon!!! Oh my gosh this thing is sick!! :o I love it!!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Vape...then exhale cloud! :lol: (lather, rinse, repeat...)
I am in a weirdly happy mood today because I just got my hands on a brand new Mobius 60t Stereo Matrix!!! :clap::rockon::buzz: Pics, vids etc...soon!!! Oh my gosh this thing is sick!! :o I love it!!

My favorite combo is The Cloud and my Mobius 65t Stereo Matrix! It is so amazing. I have been meaning to make pictures and video as well...

I wonder what's more "fragile" VXC, or VHW? Guess you just gotta baby both. Price to pay for admission to all glass baby!

I've got both and the VHW is waaaayyyy more fragile than the Cloud. You have to keep the VHW in a glass jar or on a plate while it's on and then you gotta deal with the upper/lower chamber bowls, keeping a good seal, and pretty much always keeping it attached to the upper intake (except when stirring). If any part of the top half of the wand were to hit something hard it would likely crack. The Cloud is also fragile but when compared to the VHW, it's much more durable IMO. It's soooo nice to be able to just sit the Cloud down after each hit since I had to very carefully place the VHW in a big mason jar for six months haha.

Top Bottom