Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I was wondering if anyone used it as a direct draw straight from a mouth piece. Just went and picked up a piece of tooling to make it happen! How do you enjoy it using that method? Is it a hot dry vapor? I am sure you can dial it back to your liking right?

Try this? It is a whip and has the AquaTube on the end. Closer to what you are looking for though.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What we need here is another of max's dissertations on how meaningless conversations about hit quantity and thickness are...so I'll chime in.

Too many variables here to make any consistent sense out of it. And it is hard to resist, since we all want to know how efficient something is. But with differences in weed (which takes into account a shit load of variables), temperature, volume, draw speed and duration, it is almost impossible to determine what my experience will be based on yours.

I've been away for a few days, so I don't want to rehash anything that has been discussed, but a few comments.

flkswat...the bowl getting spent issue seems trivial to me since it is universal. Put weed on top of any heat source and something will get changed or spent. As obg said, my E was worse at this than the Cloud, and I haven't noticed the problem with my Cloud at all...but I am not in the habit of getting all ready to roll and then leaving for thirty minutes. Neither would I start my car and let it sit there running for thirty minutes before going to work. So I consider this a universal issue the same as I would a vape using green/red lights not being friendly to the blind. What I do like is sitting it upside down on my Ion (like someone else here mentioned) and taking my time. Then the heat source is above the herb and can sit there indefinitley.

Ed...a wooden stem doesn't initially make sense for me with the Cloud, but I have yet to enjoy your work with my other vapes, so I am not really qualified to say. I just know I like the Cloud because of the glass's effect on taste and the water filtration. I was gonna joke about having a nice wooden shower perc bong, but then Tea Party posted a real one...holy shit!

luciano...my vapor ninja! I didn't know you had a Cloud...glad to see you do! (Guys...Luchiano has been around a while and gets really deep with his vapor...it may take a while for you to catch up, I know I haven't yet!) Now do me a favor and start using periods in your posts so I can have a chance at getting it.

phased

v is for vapor
The unit body is 6.5"h. The ground glass joint is 7/8". The glass shaft that the joint is fused to, extends up from the body ~1/8", making for ~1" in glass above the body and a total height of ~7".

The glass shaft is actually three pieces (lower intake, heat chamber, joint) fused into one. At the bottom there is a flared lip that extends ~1/8" below the unit body, leaving ~1/8"-1/4" clearance to the bottom (standing) edge of the shell.

IIRC there is ~1/8" variation in the placement of the glass shaft relative to the unit body, i.e., the lower lip of the glass shaft may protrude from the unit body a tad lower than above and correspondingly the joint may be a tad closer to the top of the unit body.

Thanks. There's hardly any clearance under the lower intake part of the glass on mine, maybe 1.5-2 mm. Hope this is enough.

phased,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
its a good night! One of my favorite strains is one that I no longer have access to. So I just found about 1/16oz in an old box and am lovin it! fuckin great in the cloud.

stickstones,
Reactions: BossBrew

BossBrew

Metalhead
Picked up some Cannatonic the other day, a 15% CBD/5.9% THC strain and it pairs amazingly well with the VXC. Easily some of the best medication I have ever come across for my anxiety and knee pain! I haven't had much to chime in when it comes to this thread because I have been absolutely pleased with my purchase thus far.

The VXC is still my daily driver and has turned me into a glass maniac unfortunately for my wallet. :science:

VisiblyVaped

What we need here is another of max's dissertations on how meaningless conversations about hit quantity and thickness are...so I'll chime in.

Too many variables here to make any consistent sense out of it. And it is hard to resist, since we all want to know how efficient something is. But with differences in weed (which takes into account a shit load of variables), temperature, volume, draw speed and duration, it is almost impossible to determine what my experience will be based on yours.

I've been away for a few days, so I don't want to rehash anything that has been discussed, but a few comments.

flkswat...the bowl getting spent issue seems trivial to me since it is universal. Put weed on top of any heat source and something will get changed or spent. As obg said, my E was worse at this than the Cloud, and I haven't noticed the problem with my Cloud at all...but I am not in the habit of getting all ready to roll and then leaving for thirty minutes. Neither would I start my car and let it sit there running for thirty minutes before going to work. So I consider this a universal issue the same as I would a vape using green/red lights not being friendly to the blind. What I do like is sitting it upside down on my Ion (like someone else here mentioned) and taking my time. Then the heat source is above the herb and can sit there indefinitley.

Ed...a wooden stem doesn't initially make sense for me with the Cloud, but I have yet to enjoy your work with my other vapes, so I am not really qualified to say. I just know I like the Cloud because of the glass's effect on taste and the water filtration. I was gonna joke about having a nice wooden shower perc bong, but then Tea Party posted a real one...holy shit!

luciano...my vapor ninja! I didn't know you had a Cloud...glad to see you do! (Guys...Luchiano has been around a while and gets really deep with his vapor...it may take a while for you to catch up, I know I haven't yet!) Now do me a favor and start using periods in your posts so I can have a chance at getting it.

Enjoyed this post though it had nothing to do with me for more than 3/4 of it.
Definitely agree on efficiency being dependent upon users method and preference.....

I will say, use one of eds pieces when you can. I bought 3. Much better than the stock for solo and mflb

I prefer glass in a way, always have.....but this wood is somethin else man....i do not use their stock glass stems any longer.

Edit: if you have a solo, tge airflow is Great, probably is with PVHES stems too but theyre glass.
Glass breaks for me traveling

VisiblyVaped,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
what strain?

I could never get a name, but it was an annual run from nor cal and was the same every year. i bought more and more each year because it was always my fave of the year. so i dont know if thats a strain technically, but it sure was consistent year after year.

stickstones,

luchiano

I dunno man....first search I did showed this source which shows the exact same pipe designs as early as the 17th century.
http://www.hookahhookah.com/hookahhookah_com_-_store2/hookah-history.html
And the hookah is certainly earlier. Why on earth would you not consider the hookah as relevant, I am not sure.

I will have to try and look for your past theories of thc in fat cells. I would have thought it was not actually thc but the metabolizes or byproducts or processing the thc and other cannabinoids.

But what do I know?

I didn't use the hookah because the advent of vaporizers started after someone went to Jamaica and saw them using the steampipes. He then came to the states and sold the vaporizers through high times. I forget who it was because I learned this almost ten years ago on OG(overgrow.com) but from what I remember that is how vaporizers as we know them came about.

Again, If you READ what I wrote I stated it was the metabolites. Go back and reread as I explained it already. Peace.

luchiano,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Fair warning on training your ELBs like I did, I did manage to destroy one. Looking back on it, if I was half the gentleman I thought I was, I would have offered it a little lube first ;) Vegetable oil, in retrospect, would have been a good idea.

Oh, btw, love the effing Cloud! I'm actually putting some material through it that I kifed really, really hard, and left in the fridge forever, and its doing amazingly well with it. I tried the same material in the HA and it wasn't worth the effort and it was also very unpleasant. The Cloud is extracting the actives left in this material tastily and effectively. :peace:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Try this? It is a whip and has the AquaTube on the end. Closer to what you are looking for though.

Thats it! That'd be the shit if it was wood!

+1 for both.

First this looks like I can use it in bed and make the cloud a bedroom vape as well! ... also wood stem would be amazing

I really dig the whip style for this...I know many of you don't like it but personally I love bedroom vape sessions...

Moving on my cousin just received the cloud!!! amazing! :)

vape4life

Banned for life
I can't believe the amount and size of clouds using kif in the cloud...choked me out pretty good! lol IMO I think the Cloud works best with a coffee grinded consistency...black and decker is my new go to for this vape.

vape4life,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

The wood brings an essence to the vapor, each species brings a subtle nuance to the experience. The way it feels in your hands on your lips and knowing it came from Mother Nature just makes it even better IMO.

I gotta thing for wood is all!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I could never get a name, but it was an annual run from nor cal and was the same every year. i bought more and more each year because it was always my fave of the year. so i dont know if thats a strain technically, but it sure was consistent year after year.

Wow. I completely disagree and quite surprised by your reply...or maybe not?

I too thought (mainly because of info by FC members) that glass is the ultimate experience but honestly, wood bring a superior taste to the vapor.

I don't understand why this is different for the cloud than other vaporizer? the cloud in basics does the same thing as many other vaporizers, so you connect what ever you wish for it, it's not restricted at all - why wouldn't it make sense???

m0sh,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Just tried some average dry sift. Really nice extraction and some great rips!
First time I successfully vaped hash.

Irie,
Reactions: t-dub

monacokid

HIGH ABV
I caught that "professional consultant" (his claim) using techniques in a "review" video that he KNEW had previously failed with the device. He didn't disclose that the video was a "demonstration". That means it goes from review to hit job in my opinion.

Back to the Cloud . . .

I wish every medical patient could have one of these. The way this thing spikes my dose is, incredible, and with just flowers. I like to give it plenty of time to warm up to what I call, "Cloud Ambient" at about 10:30 on the dial and just get rip after rip of amazing, tasty, vapor. I'm not going to bother rehashing stuff, my experience is pretty an par with SliMs, especially when you hook this thing up to a Fritted Disc (heaven :luv:) but I will add a few things:

A trained ELB is your friend. An overnight (EDIT: My ELBs are training in about an hour) train in just about any 18mm gong will do it. I have a little training center lined up and am marching them through. I also find keeping them clean and having extras a must. I use an ELB once then into the iso bath it goes. I'll post something to show the little regimen I am establishing right now.

LED firmware glitch confirmed. The SGW HT is awesome but with the Fritted Disc I'm not using it much.

Conduction Percolation: At last I can finally relax when I medicate and not feel rushed. Especially with the Cloud sitting upside down in the DG, you can just leave it there and come back when you want, a little primer hit, a la SliM, and your back in action. So much nicer than the rush with the HerbalAire . . .

ABV, I am going to shoot a pic with Cloud ABV and HA ABV when I have about 1/4 cup of each to compare, shouldn't be long, and this will give us a nice homogenous color base. I feel that the Cloud not only extracts way better than the HA, denser more tasty vapor, but the ABV doesn't look as dessicated. Perfect, even, beautiful ABV every time, everywhere on the dial.

Has the Cloud exceeded my expectations? Yup, absolutely :tup:(and I have never said that about a vape before) We will see what the service dept is like but so far I am a happy, happy, camper. I want to thank not only SM and the entire VapeXhale crew, but also vtac and this entire community for helping me on my vapor quest. I really feel at this point, quite satisfied. But then again, I'm medicating through almost $1,000 worth of equipment when you think about it ;)

Edit: The ELBs are training much more quickly than I thought. I am using 2 18mm gong/vapor hose adapters and putting the ELBs in with the caps on and then placing these on top of the warm Cloud to heat. One of the adapters is slightly more snug than the other so I am doing a progressive, size down. By the time I put it in the Cloud joint, it goes in and out with no tool required. Smooth.

elbsq.jpg
WOW THIS IS GOLD, would you mind testing these adapters and put them into female joints with the elb's and see if its a nice fit (ie. diameter of elb is smaller than tip of male joint, or bigger and adapter fits wobbly in female joint) if it fits snugly is the ground glass piece of the adapter longer than the VXC ground glass part?
i know this may sounds weird but i would like to try the elb's in my vaporizer setup which is why im asking. ive been looking for something like this for a while

monacokid,

Pappy

shmaporist
I read that two ways. Kind of like:

Chew on this baby.

versus

Chew on this, baby.

:rofl:
That dawned on me as I wrote it. I do hit the SGW dry and works like charm.
:myday:
Been experimenting on your behalf and have come to conclusion that VXC does have a sweet spot, drawing-wise. You can get ahead of it by drawing too fast or too deep. When extraction begins I synchronize my hit with the stream of vapor so as not to under hit or overhit it. The correct speed and force dictates itself. I also find drawing from the throat instead of the lung gives me more control over speed and force. :2c:

Pappy,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
That dawned on me as I wrote it. I do hit the SGW dry and works like charm.
:myday:
Been experimenting on your behalf and have come to conclusion that VXC does have a sweet spot, drawing-wise. You can get ahead of it by drawing to fast or too deep. When extraction begins I synchronize my hit with the stream of vapor so as not to under hit or overhit it. The correct speed and force dictates itself. I also find drawing from the throat instead of the lung gives me more control over speed and force. :2c:

Ahh, thanks for letting me know. I always try and optimize my draw speed to get the thickest vapor extraction. I assume that extracts the active ingredients faster. That might be why I am getting less hits overall as well. There are just so many variables when it comes to the vaporizer, draw speed, flowers, and etc. :whoa: Thanks for playing scientist. :science::tup:

Slightly Medicated,

Pappy

shmaporist
Ahh, thanks for letting me know. I always try and optimize my draw speed to get the thickest vapor extraction. I assume that extracts the active ingredients faster. That might be why I am getting less hits overall as well. There are just so many variables when it comes to the vaporizer, draw speed, flowers, and etc. :whoa: Thanks for playing scientist. :science::tup:
Try to get a visual on the vapor stream as it enters the joint and time your draw to sync with that.

Pappy,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I was wondering if anyone used it as a direct draw straight from a mouth piece. Just went and picked up a piece of tooling to make it happen! How do you enjoy it using that method? Is it a hot dry vapor? I am sure you can dial it back to your liking right?

In fact I'm using more and more my cloud with this set up (sorry for the erl build up but I also use it as a dab freezer, ROFL):

(IF YOU WONDER "DID I TRY PUTTING THE HT ON TOP OF THE SATURN TO HAVE THE FIRST CLOUD DIDGERIDOO"...I DID :science:, totally uselless and even "proner" to breakage but fun!)
The pros are IMO (vs. the Vertigo HT which I definitely do not like):

-I can have it upside down with no risk of water spillage or perc. not stacking... + it is a smaller combo then cloud /HT by 5cm!
-I have dry and cooled vapor clouds: 100% flavors (yes the water filtration of the HT is the one cutting the flavors when I previously compared it as less flavorfull then an SSV & AV-much less water/slits-)!
-I have no air restriction AT ALL=abnormal, gigantic, ridiculous rips!!

Agreed SS, I was just asking to leave the ELB in for a while to proof there was a little percolation going in there and a little waste of flavor/terpenes! I do not do that with my cloud and agree with OBG & U that there is not much going on (in terms of vape waste) after 1st or 2nd rip (+ I did the IR gun test and the max temp reached in the ELB by the weed is 91°C -more then OBG... defective unit?- but so yes no real percolation, and ONLY terps & favs oxidation!)

About using the Cloud as a "glass piece heater vaporizer", sitting above was of course my first idea BUT it was also the reason why I personally said 2 things during that previous discussion :
1/ it was not the best ergonomic vape for that purpose (discussion with Tea Party & Co) on the market (this is just an observation...). As you can see with my personal arsenal "it makes no sense":

2/ might be interesting to have either :
-an ELB that goes on the majority of 18 mm female joints (lots of glass water pipes ) and/or on the 18 mm female joint of the HT, like that each time you separate the cloud from the HT/piece to clear the hit...the ELB stays on the femal joint, separated from the heat...
-or a cloud adaptor (18 mm female to female, like a Q bowl but as short as possible) , and use the cloud on DI pieces (male joints all of them as mines) this way:
Insert the ELB in the male joint of your piece:

Cranck the temp of your Cloud to max, inhale and you'll get the same rip, but you can take out the cloud,the ELB stays in your piece...

Anyhow, I'm still waiting for a few glass adaptors to do a little more experiments and will report with full review soon!

Top Bottom