Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

hookedonvape

white is not holding up the release taljed to phil about it. lus the higher donaters are getting a green evo i believe, am i wrong? pretty cool when customer service can get back to you in minutes with questions of conjecture.lol +1 for vapexhale. peace

hookedonvape,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I say scratch white from release until that perfect white can be found. I mean a little bit of dirt and the perfect white is now brown, grey, or even red. :evil:

I want a two-tone green and black one. That would be cool.

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

hookedonvape

Everyone against the white back up.lol. im gonna love my white and my black one. gotta have a backup:)

if mvapes is around im curious as to the engineer who opened his cloud up and made him think twice about the cloud. ive seen internals and its a complicated algorithym in simple looking electronics. if it were that easy everyone would be making tjem. in no way is this an attack just curious what his verdict was. peace. tried to edit and my phone did a seperate post, sorry mods. my bad.no more

Last edited by a moderator:
hookedonvape,
Reactions: JoeKickass

ogcook

if mvapes is around im curious as to the engineer who opened his cloud up and made him think twice about the cloud. ive seen internals and its a complicated algorithym in simple looking electronics. if it were that easy everyone would be making tjem. in no way is this an attack just curious what his verdict was. peace. tried to edit and my phone did a seperate post, sorry mods. my bad.no more
I've seen the internals of @mvapes unit. have some electrical experience, it COULD be done. If you had the sources, the money, and the legal team if you're really trying to copy it.

ogcook,

chimpybits

For no particular reason I found myself browsing this thread today, as I occasionally may, catch up on the status - some excitement about an imminent release called EVO - and then found myself checking on the vapexhale site to just casually check out the price.

My first thought is that is not bad - quite reasonable really. I don't think I've checked out the price - or entertained thoughts of getting one - since gen. 1 Cloud.

Not sure if I'm just having an unusual day, but perhaps this generous spirit will prevail. I mean all I have to do is to say, yes!

I almost suspect that $50 break might actually be the magic difference for me between yes and no.

teeny question: the price covers everything listed (i.e. EVO, Swagger HydraTube, 2 ELBs ...) except shipping (which I understood to be only $9 to Canada?!)?

p.s. 'course I did more than just daydreaming about getting Clouded. I also read through this thread and got a handle on the EVO (a solid Cloud update, essentially), the Hydratubes (tough decision), and CloudBuddy (yes please). So, some work.

chimpybits,
Reactions: ogcook

ogcook

teeny question: the price covers everything listed (i.e. EVO, Swagger HydraTube, 2 ELBs ...) except shipping (which I understood to be only $9 to Canada?!)?
They were talking about ordering a pack of ELBs, the complete cloud would presumably cost MUCH more.

chimpybits

They were talking about ordering a pack of ELBs, the complete cloud would presumably cost MUCH more.
Oh right, that makes more sense. I was admittedly scanning this thread a bit. (Better switch to Hybrids during the day). The shipping would cost a lot more, OK.

But this is the cost of the package yes? In other words, it's not a deposit. $550 gets one the EVO+WT. Shipping costs are additional.

chimpybits,

ogcook

Oh right, that makes more sense. I was admittedly scanning this thread a bit. (Better switch to Hybrids during the day). The shipping would cost a lot more, OK.

But this is the cost of the package yes? In other words, it's not a deposit. $550 gets one the EVO+WT. Shipping costs are additional.
Correct.

lazylathe

Almost there...

If i remember correctly, shipping to Canada is $50.

hookedonvape

yeah internals look simple, but im sure theres some, science going on there. im no electrician but i imagine there has to be some sort of programing thats complicated. besides heat retention, safe materials, and the wsy the glass is built to heat air from 70 to 380 in a 7 inches impressed the h,ell outta me. either way, they have their game down. i was just curious why it made mvapes think twice about the cloud or future products. this thread and the Hi vape are getting sime attention. mvapes youre big om the hi vape whats the big deal with the hi, its a log vape right? just a really efficient one you can use water with. is it a heavier hitter than the cloud? or even the solo? mever hita log maybe i should have one on backup. or just two evos:)

hookedonvape,

ogcook

yeah internals look simple, but im sure theres some, science going on there. im no electrician but i imagine there has to be some sort of programing thats complicated. besides heat retention, safe materials, and the wsy the glass is built to heat air from 70 to 380 in a 7 inches impressed the h,ell outta me. either way, they have their game down. i was just curious why it made mvapes think twice about the cloud or future products. this thread and the Hi vape are getting sime attention. mvapes youre big om the hi vape whats the big deal with the hi, its a log vape right? just a really efficient one you can use water with. is it a heavier hitter than the cloud? or even the solo? mever hita log maybe i should have one on backup. or just two evos:)
Logs are simple and ready to go, the HI is a beast and it's a different animal than the cloud. Might not be a heavier hitter but it's also at a lower price point and has a more unique look since they're wood.
Now you say you imagine it's safe materials. I will just say again, I've seen the inside of @mvapes unit and I was concerned as well. I'm glad that manufacturing has hopefully moved to the US and we will have better control over what is actually used inside of it.

ogcook,
Reactions: mvapes

Troi

For no particular reason I found myself browsing this thread today, as I occasionally may, catch up on the status - some excitement about an imminent release called EVO - and then found myself checking on the vapexhale site to just casually check out the price.

My first thought is that is not bad - quite reasonable really. I don't think I've checked out the price - or entertained thoughts of getting one - since gen. 1 Cloud.

Not sure if I'm just having an unusual day, but perhaps this generous spirit will prevail. I mean all I have to do is to say, yes!

I almost suspect that $50 break might actually be the magic difference for me between yes and no.

p.s. 'course I did more than just daydreaming about getting Clouded. I also read through this thread and got a handle on the EVO (a solid Cloud update, essentially), the Hydratubes (tough decision), and CloudBuddy (yes please). So, some work.

Hello!

Yes the 550 Does include everything. Cloud, Hydratube, ELB's, Manual. it does not offer shipping but we are working with the big 3 carriers to negotiate more economy options for our customers if desired.

Last edited:

hookedonvape

Can you elaborate on your claims. im interested what u thought or pm me. i believe msnufacturing was always us ss far ss i know

hookedonvape,

John Lewus

Awhile back I made a suggestion that the box the Cloud ships in should have pre-cut foam that would fit a standard Pelican case or any other tough case. I am not one of the elite 17 but has there been any discussion of this?

I was just reading a great article (link below for those curious) on the surprising cost of mooncakes in China and most of that is attributed to the insane packaging that is used. I personally don't care for packaging and hate fancy packaging because I know the cost of the product is raised. However, if you are going to take the time to do really nice packaging that is probably costing in the dollars to produce then give us something that is really useful and reusable. If you already made the packaging then consider ways to make it extra durable so people can use them as carry cases and maybe put a handle on it. Just a thought :)

http://www.theatlantic.com/china/ar...economics-of-mooncakes-an-infographic/279839/

John Lewus,
Reactions: grokit

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I think you may be mixing apples and oranges. There were 2 predominate problems, one electro/mechanical and the other in software. My memory may be rusty on @mvapes' unit in particular, but other owners have opened and worked on theirs, myself included. The electro/mechanical problem was with the soldering of the leads from the heater, and that problem actually took several forms. Initially there was a design flaw, where the connection joints were not strong enough and consequently burned or broke off. Later the contract manufacturer that VXL had to terminate, was building sub-par quality units and this was one area where that poor work showed up.

The software issue was with heat regulation. This is a long, involved story and I'm not at liberty to share all the details. The software is burned into an eprom, i.e., it is in firmware. An algorithm controls the heater. It took quite a while to tune that algorithm for the desired, and equally importantly, consistent results. Later it was discovered that there was a major issue with the firmware device itself, it needed to be changed to provide sufficient power for what the algorithm was demanding.

All these issues have long been resolved. And many other changes have been made, e.g., in the cooling and the bamboo. The guts of the Cloud Plus look very different from original Clouds. And the EVO is yet substantially more different. Specific technical issues experienced earlier are not relevant to the EVO. This isn't to say that it isn't possible for the EVO to have its own issues - any product could - but these should have nothing to do with the prior Cloud issues.

11eleven11

Hello!

Yes the 550 Does include everything. Cloud, Hydratube, ELB's, Manual. it does not offer shipping but we are working with the big 3 carriers to negotiate more economy options for our customers if desired.

Hydrafoot too right?

Also still crossing my fingers for the $1k fanatic swagger tube to look as customized as the early bird $500 (opals!). Yeah I sound like a broken record I know.

Last edited:

Troi

Hydrafoot too right?

Also still crossing my fingers for the $1k fanatic swagger tube to look as customized as the early bird $500 (opals!). Yeah I sound like a broken record I know.

Our Glassblowers do not include the hydra-feet with the tubes anymore. Hydra feet are an additional accessory we are working out pricing with a few glassblowers so we can offer this accessory at the lowest cost possible.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I think you may be mixing apples and oranges. There were 2 predominate problems, one electro/mechanical and the other in software. My memory may be rusty on @mvapes' unit in particular, but other owners have opened and worked on theirs, myself included. The electro/mechanical problem was with the soldering of the leads from the heater, and that problem actually took several forms. Initially there was a design flaw, where the connection joints were not strong enough and consequently burned or broke off. Later the contract manufacturer that VXL had to terminate, was building sub-par quality units and this was one area where that poor work showed up.

The software issue was with heat regulation. This is a long, involved story and I'm not at liberty to share all the details. The software is burned into an eprom, i.e., it is in firmware. An algorithm controls the heater. It took quite a while to tune that algorithm for the desired, and equally importantly, consistent results. Later it was discovered that there was a major issue with the firmware device itself, it needed to be changed to provide sufficient power for what the algorithm was demanding.

All these issues have long been resolved. And many other changes have been made, e.g., in the cooling and the bamboo. The guts of the Cloud Plus look very different from original Clouds. And the EVO is yet substantially more different. Specific technical issues experienced earlier are not relevant to the EVO. This isn't to say that it isn't possible for the EVO to have its own issues - any product could - but these should have nothing to do with the prior Cloud issues.

Your correct, I opened mine to learn it could not be repaired. There was no way to solder or brazen weld to those leads once they came loose. At best it worked for a few minutes with silver solder but fell right off again. IMO They should use a cuff or bracket with screws to hold in those wires connected to the core. It could easily be removed, replaced, or adjusted for repair.

hookedonvape

thats what i thought, there was alot going in there. i was just curious as ri why someine would ger so sketchy after seeing internals.lol

that sucks on the hydrafeet. mvapes i was concerned about tour reactuon to the packing

Last edited by a moderator:
hookedonvape,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
October is nearing and I know that everyone has been waiting on an update regarding our release date. When it came to the CloudEVO, one of our prerogatives was to make sure that every step of the design process involved best practices when it comes to making a high end consumer product.

With that in mind, we have come to a point where we have an Alpha Tested, production ready design, but we need to complete a brief round of Beta Testing before we can run all our materials through production. We feel this process should be smooth and with little issues since we have done a substantial amount testing to this point ourselves and now we’d like some data points from our user base before going into full production.

All Fanatic level Customers will receive their beta units shipping on October 15. Once the brief, beta test is nearing completion we will be able to announce a production date which won’t be much longer as this final test will have more to do with testing various firmware features and algorithms. One the features and algorithms are finalized, we simply need to update the firmware on the PCBAs and begin our CloudEVO launch!

We appreciate all the help and support from everyone involved in this campaign. Many of you have helped us through extremely challenging times and we are excited to bring this next chapter of vaporizers to the community. I can’t wait to start reading the user feedback from the Fanatics as it will be the icing on the cake of this collaborative effort.

Top Bottom