Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Hey! Long time lurker here, had a Volcano awhile back but sold t to go portable but now looking to get back into a desktop vape. I'm debating on this and the Herbalizer. If anyone has experience with both can you tell me the pros/cons. I've never used a bong before but that def draws me into the cloud Evo, also the fact the it looks like there are not a lot of moving parts so less likely to break.

What are the differences between the mini and standard hydra, honeycomb etc. I have a baby so would like to be as Stealth as possible

Also what place offers the best price? I saw on main website it was $370 with pump. What was it for Black Friday? Thanks guys!

This is an incredibly hard question to answer. It depends on what it is you're looking for overall. If you like having bags, then the answer is simple. Having used the herbalizer once, I have an idea but not in depth comparisons. I know for a fact that I will never be without an Evo at home though.

IME, the Evo tastes better, but in terms of efficiency/potency I couldn't say for certain. I do know the Evo is incredibly efficient and hits like a freight train.

Using the evo with a water piece is arguably more simple, but there might be others with more side by side experience.

I have three kids from 5.5 down to 2, and have had the Evo without any trouble. If there's glass involved then its technically worse around kiddos, but as long as you're not just leaving it around, shouldn't be an issue. My wife is the culprit for two broken hydratubes, not the kids.

The different hydratubes have different diffusion levels. The bomb is arguably (and also IME) the easiest hit, the best flavor. The mini just means it has a smaller can, so a little less diffusion and smaller capacity. The Turbine is harder to pull but maybe more fun to watch, but I miss my bomb. I haven't used the honeycomb, but that's because most on here says it pulls the most flavor out and is the hardest to pull.

There's currently Holidaze promo going on from the main page.
https://www.vapexhale.com/collections/holidaze-2016-collection?utm_campaign=SALE:+HOLIDAZE2016&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=39524953&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--9PU5_I4hbv0bM8RSllOVzXXPcIYpKU_jlHR2Ku8bm7lRRez72I7HkYSoPfd-rjICankwG0RyJbhBnhqlBO_BODYYYZQ&_hsmi=39524953

Last edited:

Baron23

Wow, yeah....difficult question, @Stormsend. I have not used an Herbalizer but do own a Volcano and @yogoshio is spot on. Depends on what "best" means to you.

Bag vapes have a place in my rotation, but not for serious sessions. I agree with @yogoshio, the EVO hits the hardest of just about any vape I have experienced and I find it to be very efficient with herb.

I use a Turbine HT and don't find the draw too hard at all, but we are each different. I went with the Turbine because while I wanted cooling and some diffusion, I really wanted to preserve the taste as much as possible and had been told that this is the model for that objective. I have not used the other HTs, but I'm very happy with the Turbine.

Good luck, both are high quality vapes with dedicated fans who love them. For me personally, I wouldn't give up my EVO for anything. Closest I can get to a bong hit without combusting IMO. :rockon::tup:

Justpassedu

Hey! Long time lurker here, had a Volcano awhile back but sold t to go portable but now looking to get back into a desktop vape. I'm debating on this and the Herbalizer. If anyone has experience with both can you tell me the pros/cons. I've never used a bong before but that def draws me into the cloud Evo, also the fact the it looks like there are not a lot of moving parts so less likely to break.

What are the differences between the mini and standard hydra, honeycomb etc. I have a baby so would like to be as Stealth as possible

Also what place offers the best price? I saw on main website it was $370 with pump. What was it for Black Friday? Thanks guys!
Go Evo all the way man. You can't go wrong. I saw you'r post in the herbalizer thread and i wish i could help compare but i wont have my herbalizer until the end of this week , hopefully. I can tell you this though , the Evo is simple , easy to hide , light weight , it can hit hard or soft and be used in a number of ways. With water or without , comes with a nail for concentrate use , works well both ways , no oled screen to worry about breaking as i saw that was one of your concerns. If you are dead set on needing balloons than i would say go herbalizer.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Or just put a fan under the Evo and a rubberband with a plastic bag on top:rofl:
I never learned how to use bag?
kvt3xa4.jpg

@Justpassedu said, clean your baskets!
I need to order more to stay CIVILIZED!
420 we celebrate by enjoying CANNABIS.
I hope the rest of the CIVILIZED world will do the same?
@Baron23 the EVO is my daily driver (the FLAVOR is over the top)

Last edited:

Stormsend

Wow, thanks for all the questions answered.

I guess what draws me to Herbalizer is that I can leave it out and it does not really look like a vape at all. Also the aromatherapy function can be a disguise lol. I never used a whip but because of my past experience with the Volcano I am comfortable with a bag. The led and price are things that really worry me.

Now the Cloud I like the simple functions, no real computer. I also like the all glass path to vape, I like that you can see through it from looking top/bottom of unit. Also like that it is less expensive and I feel I can just take two hits and leave it in a drawer.

Thanks all, I am leaning toward the Cloud, is this the cheapest it has been? Any issues with any defects? Also is there a chance of a newer improved model coming anytime soon?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFombustion
I switch back to EVO. (flavor chasing)
Is this the wrong cuck?
@CuckFumbustion is that right?
I use my laptop in my study and my iPhone in bed.
Sorry for the mistake?
It is I @CuckFumbustion! Fighter against combustion! I 'circumvent' combustion to get in good with Mary. Through the power of VAPORIZATION. (But I don't get so hung up with typos. @ataxian, you flavor chaser ;))
:cool:Haven't had a chance to watch this myself but worth sharing. :popcorn:
VapeXhale's Consume Like A Connoisseur Webcast Series

@Justpassedu said, clean your baskets!
I need to order more to stay CIVILIZED!
420 we celebrate by enjoying CANNABIS.
I hope the rest of the CIVILIZED world will do the same?
@Baron23 the EVO is my daily driver (the FLAVOR is over the top)
Knew before I had an EVO that I'd want several baskets. :nod: Have 10 ELBs in rotation. I allow the ELBs with ABV to cool down to be revaped later. No fuss and muss like with 5 ELBs I had. Less cleanup, etc. My hands and desk area like the fess frequent brushing and washing of particles. Everything I need to do is in the baskets until I dump it in my ABV jar. Much, much more Civilized. 10 ELBs is a good number to work with.:2c::D
I can start my sesh with the ELBs of ABV while the EVO heats itself to max temp. I use my wand ABOVE the socket and get all the hot air and little convection heat from the EVO. That would cause combustion otherwise. But above has been no problem so far. Less time to waste once the EVO gets switched on.
Once I revaped all my ABV ELB's, the EVO is at prime temp with plenty of residual heat. Time for a fresh ELB. Once that gets tired out, I finish it off with the HT. Pull it for the next round.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Thanks all, I am leaning toward the Cloud, is this the cheapest it has been? Any issues with any defects? Also is there a chance of a newer improved model coming anytime soon?

For price, I would say all of their sales are pretty consistent from what I've seen. If it's on sale, then it's the cheapest.

The Cloud Evo AFAIK is not defective, and their customer service is top notch.

They literally just sent out questionnaires in regards to improvements to the current model. Even if they are in R&D right now, it'll still be a looong time before something comes out. And, there's not much to improve except maybe some minor things, or perhaps adding a digital readout, which you're trying to avoid anyway.

MinnBobber

....................................................................................
Hi @Stormsend ,

I own or have owned all of those (Volcano, EVO, Herbalizer) and they are all great, in slightly different niches. My "best" so depends on what my top wants/needs are which might be way different from you??

I owned the EVO for only a short time as it was so similar to my miniVAP so EVO went to a good buddy.
EVO had great taste and efficiency and effects but I never liked their loading system----note that others are fine with its loading system and now that I can have more vapes I am seriously considering getting another EVO, so that says something too.

Folks here have given EVO strong points and there are many!! So, Herbie strong points:
- 5 second heat up. I micro dose so an entire session (2 puffs) can be done in 30 seconds.
- bag option, which I never use but do love the fan
- with minor addition (like @Ratchett Herbie Song/ silicone adapter) it becomes super flexible for hose direct draw or hose with fan assist, glass mouthpiece like the EVO glass mouthpiece direct or with fan assist, hydratube direct or with fan assist, whip to remote bubbler direct draw or with fan assist)
- exact temp control, like vape at exactly 420 F etc
- modern looking piece that you can leave out. I realize that EVO is high-grade plastic but I hated that plastic look/ never got used to that exterior
- aromatherapy mode, which I've never used and wish it was deleted
- Herbie is pretty solid as my buddy's has taken some falls and been fine. EVO with glass core does not like to fall.

Either EVO choice or Herbie choice = a winner. For full disclosure, my favorite vape is the miniVAP as it has a lot of positives too and is my daily driver/ most used vape.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It is I @CuckFumbustion! Fighter against combustion! I 'circumvent' combustion to get in good with Mary. Through the power of VAPORIZATION. (But I don't get so hung up with typos. @ataxian, you flavor chaser ;))
:cool:Haven't had a chance to watch this myself but worth sharing. :popcorn:
VapeXhale's Consume Like A Connoisseur Webcast Series

Knew before I had an EVO that I'd want several baskets. :nod: Have 10 ELBs in rotation. I allow the ELBs with ABV to cool down to be revaped later. No fuss and muss like with 5 ELBs I had. Less cleanup, etc. My hands and desk area like the fess frequent brushing and washing of particles. Everything I need to do is in the baskets until I dump it in my ABV jar. Much, much more Civilized. 10 ELBs is a good number to work with.:2c::D
I can start my sesh with the ELBs of ABV while the EVO heats itself to max temp. I use my wand ABOVE the socket and get all the hot air and little convection heat from the EVO. That would cause combustion otherwise. But above has been no problem so far. Less time to waste once the EVO gets switched on.
Once I revaped all my ABV ELB's, the EVO is at prime temp with plenty of residual heat. Time for a fresh ELB. Once that gets tired out, I finish it off with the HT. Pull it for the next round.
I'm on my 2nd pack. (destroyed the first set)
I have 3 in rotation. I need to place an order.

Today after binge watching SNL I found this COMEDIAN from Sydney. He had British humor. (kind of dry?)

I had to practce playing the EVO.
F'N HELL as they say across the pond.

In CALIFORNIA were mis judged?

420 everyday with respect!

This is CIVILIZED!
gDIb8uQ.jpg

Stormsend

....................................................................................
Hi @Stormsend ,

I own or have owned all of those (Volcano, EVO, Herbalizer) and they are all great, in slightly different niches. My "best" so depends what my top wants/needs are which might be way different from you??

I owned the EVO for only a short time as it was so similar to my miniVAP so EVO went to a good buddy.
EVO had great taste and efficiency and effects but I never liked their loading system----note that others are fine with its loading system and now that I can have more vapes I am seriously considering getting another EVO, so that says something too.

Folks here have given EVO strong points and there are many!! So, Herbie strong points:
- 5 second heat up. I micro dose so an entire session (2 puffs) can be done in 30 seconds.
- bag option, which I never use but do love the fan
- with minor addition (like @Ratchett Herbie Song/ silicone adapter) it becomes super flexible for hose direct draw or hose with fan assist, glass mouthpiece like the EVO glass mouthpiece direct or with fan assist, hydratube direct or with fan assist, whip to remote bubbler direct draw or with fan assist)
- exact temp control, like vape at exactly 420 F etc
- modern looking piece that you can leave out. I realize that EVO is high-grade plastic but I hated that plastic look/ never got used to that exterior
- aromatherapy mode, which I've never used and wish it was deleted
- Herbie is pretty solid as my buddy's has taken some falls and been fine. EVO with glass core does not like to fall.

Either EVO choice or Herbie choice = a winner. For full disclosure, my favorite vape is the miniVAP as it has a lot of positives too and is my daily driver/ most used vape.

Thank you so much for this. I feel like I need more time to make a decision but I'm worried by the time I decide, all the sales will be over.

MinnBobber

Thank you so much for this. I feel like I need more time to make a decision but I'm worried by the time I decide, all the sales will be over.

The good news is EVO or Herbie, you are getting a top tier vape so you can't really go wrong BUT it would be nice to zero in on your most important wants/needs in a vape and getting the one that best meets them.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I have both the Evo and Herbie as well. My two favorite things about the Herbie is the fast heat up time and blowing bags to share with a group. Evo is my favorite for a water experience. Evo has better flavor overall IMO. Herbie tends to mute the flavor a bit, but I find it provides consistent flavor over a wide temperature range. Herbie is my go to for a quick session which can be handy if you only have a quick minute to sneak away from the kids.

Stormsend

I'm leaning a lot more toward the Cloud Evo 2, mostly because the people here seem a lot more passionate about it than the guys on the Herbie board. I like the simplicity off the all glass airway, which will deliver a clean hit. I used to smoke blunts and bowls, always been interested in a bong but was never able to, so this aspects really intrigues me.

Just a few more questions, how quickly is the cloud ready to be hit? I hear anywhere from 90 seconds to 5 minutes? Also is it annoying to reach over to use it because it always has to be plugged. And finally is there an auto shut off? The best price I could find is $449.99 with $90 off. And that includes a water pipe. Is this pretty much the best price I will find it? Thanks all, looking forward to getting this.

Stormsend

Also I wanted to ask but forgot, how durable is the glass? For $99+ is it easily breakable? I know its a dumb question to ask this about glass, so is this more like a wine glass or a shot glass? Also how durable is the Cloud Evo itself? Has anyone ever reported the glass tip/top break? If so can that be fixed or are you stuck with a paper weight? Thanks again

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm leaning a lot more toward the Cloud Evo 2, mostly because the people here seem a lot more passionate about it than the guys on the Herbie board. I like the simplicity off the all glass airway, which will deliver a clean hit. I used to smoke blunts and bowls, always been interested in a bong but was never able to, so this aspects really intrigues me.

Just a few more questions, how quickly is the cloud ready to be hit? I hear anywhere from 90 seconds to 5 minutes? Also is it annoying to reach over to use it because it always has to be plugged. And finally is there an auto shut off? The best price I could find is $449.99 with $90 off. And that includes a water pipe. Is this pretty much the best price I will find it? Thanks all, looking forward to getting this.
The HERBIE is nice however it's a rich mans vaporizer.

The EVO is more affordable!

I love the FLAVOR!

Don't listen to me?
My first love is cannabis!

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Heat up depends on how high your initial temp setting is. I max out and then turn back to 3-ish, and it takes about 3 minutes.

I have mine on a decently long computer cable (same plug in) and the wife and I share it on the couch easily.

The glass is glass. It's not chinsy, but it's still glass.

The Evo isn't flimsy, but its definitely not something you should let hit the ground. The Evo can be repaired. Mine just had a warranty repair from falling over (middle of the glass broke, not the tip). Cost me $6 to ship it to them and had it back in 4 business days. Incredibly impressive IMO.

The herbie will definitely be the tank like the volcano was. Even so, the Evo is a vape you will never, ever regret owning.

wildything

Heat up depends on how high your initial temp setting is. I max out and then turn back to 3-ish, and it takes about 3 minutes.

I have mine on a decently long computer cable (same plug in) and the wife and I share it on the couch easily.

The glass is glass. It's not chinsy, but it's still glass.

The Evo isn't flimsy, but its definitely not something you should let hit the ground. The Evo can be repaired. Mine just had a warranty repair from falling over (middle of the glass broke, not the tip). Cost me $6 to ship it to them and had it back in 4 business days. Incredibly impressive IMO.

The herbie will definitely be the tank like the volcano was. Even so, the Evo is a vape you will never, ever regret owning.
Somehow my friend didn't enjoy the EVO although he admitted it worked amazing when he put in the effort and concentration. The problem was that he normally didn't sesh alone. But he also did not enjoy that he had pull you have to use yo milk glass with an EVO(apparently it doesn't go well wit a bad hangover). The volcano works much better for him since it is pretty effortless and better for passing around with a group. BUT personaly I agree and can't live without my EVO. Only vape I need at home.

Stormsend

Let me apologize to the people I'm annoying if I'm asking too many questions that have been previously answered.

So I'm about to purchase the Cloud Evo from the company's website. And I have just a few more questions.

1.) Are there any must have accessories and/or cleaning tools I should purchase?

2.) What is the best temp to begin with? It looks like you should stay between 11 and 2 positions on the dials for maximum efficiency. I never really owned a bong but always wanted to, I'm assuming one hit will be enough? FYI, I used to finish off a Volcano bag by myself and with the Pax 2, I take about 7-10 hits before I'm baked. I believe a bong will hit much harder, but I am only guessing lol.

Thanks guys, looking forward to giving my impressions once I receive the unit!

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
1.) That's way more personal preference. I like having a scoopula to load ELB's, and then qtips and iso does the rest.

2. Also incredibly personal preference. That's like asking FC as a whole what our favorite food is and expecting everyone to answer the same.

I use high temps from beginning to end. I am about getting high and staying there, and the faster the better. Different temps give different results, and toying with it is the only real way to figure out where you want to hang around temp wise.

KimDracula

Let me apologize to the people I'm annoying if I'm asking too many questions that have been previously answered.

So I'm about to purchase the Cloud Evo from the company's website. And I have just a few more questions.

1.) Are there any must have accessories and/or cleaning tools I should purchase?

2.) What is the best temp to begin with? It looks like you should stay between 11 and 2 positions on the dials for maximum efficiency. I never really owned a bong but always wanted to, I'm assuming one hit will be enough? FYI, I used to finish off a Volcano bag by myself and with the Pax 2, I take about 7-10 hits before I'm baked. I believe a bong will hit much harder, but I am only guessing lol.

Thanks guys, looking forward to giving my impressions once I receive the unit!

1. You'll need a grinder but I assume you probably have one of those.

It's nice to have a small round bristled brush (like the ones for test tubes or the kind that come with mascara) to brush out the ELBs in between cleaning with Iso and hot water.

Something to scoop ground bud into the ELBs with. I just use a spoon and a couple of fingers for a makeshift funnel but some like those scoopula things like yogoshio mentioned. Those should work wonderfully.

2. When I first turn on the EVO I turn the dial all the way to max until it the light goes green. Then I dial it back down to 12 noon and wait for it to get back down. This gives you a decent heat soak. I start ripping it there. After a couple rips I bump it up to 1:00 and usually finish there. I do sometimes take a final rip at 2:00 but not always because I got combustion twice at that setting (which is fairly unusual and shouldn't normally happen but a confluence of several factors can make it happen). Some people like to pick a setting and stay there but I like to maximize flavor at the beginning and then vape out all the goodies.

No need to apologize for the questions at all. That's the whole idea here, after all. Feel free to send me a message if you have small questions you feel silly for asking.

Top Bottom