Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hiya, please keep us updated on how beading the bamboo is going. I'd like to try it too but at the moment I'm too worried about the beads expanding and cracking the bamboo. I guess as long as the beads aren't too tightly packed and can shuffle around if they expand then it should be ok? I'd love to add some thermal mass into the Evo because, like yours, mine just sits at the back of the cupboard these days.

It was a great idea to try out for a day butnth EVO is back in storage...
My device that I use daily is just so damn efficient and effective!
Uses half of what I needed to load in the EVO and the flavour is better.

Th beads I used were 6mm in diameter. After about 5 or so heat ups the bamboo was fine, no cracks or anything like that.
Not sure it's something I would run permanently though...

maremaresing

I decided to enjoy the vapes I have but rarely used, rather than buying a new one on Black Friday. So the evo is installed in my desktop now. Totally in a honeymoon phase with it again.

Given I have a lot of quick heat up portables, it was always hard to justify the 3.5 minute warm up of a desktop. For this reason, it never made it out of the moving boxes from early 2022 until last week. I'm really disappointed with myself for ignoring it, but I think that it being discontinued puts it in this "oh I cant use it or wear it out" which is silly because I'm... not using it.

Since using it again, I think it's going to stay in rotation for a long time. I've realized a few things:
-Yes, an average heat up to ready to inhale of 40 seconds or less on portables is hard to beat, but 3.5 minutes isn't really anything. And all I have to do is reach over and flick a switch. That's enough time to get some water, or be distracted by an article, or get a shower going. It's totally compatible with my life.

-45 minute (or whatever) auto shut off was annoying coming from logs and stuff that you left on the whole time, but those took longer than the evo to come to temp for use.

-evo is so effective I have no need to go back within 45 minutes

-My portables heat faster, but my evo delivers faster and longer lasting effects. Sure I can mess around for minutes getting where I want to be, or I can be steamrolled by the evo in a single rip and be where I want to be for hours. Overall, it's way faster.

-I always thought the neoprene cover was tacky and useless, but it provides real peace of mind on my desk, and the markings let me verify it's set at the perfect spot every time. If I take it off, I'll have to put a mark down.

-Helio is STILL bae.

I really regret that this type of desktop didn't catch on. Having the whole unit and glass in one thermos sized package is really safe and convenient. Everything goes together with good fit and clearing the device is natural and secure. ELB keep everything clean, and make dosing or overdosing very simple.

The trend of hot coils on wires continues, and reminds me of the blowtorches and bangers that I also was put off by. The last thing I want in my relaxing time is burning myself or my desk, precarious dangerous devices, or just having so hot left uncovered. Plus with all the wires and stands and boxes it's just a mess that takes up space, which is why I got away from whips.

maremaresing

I've been wanting this type of hydratube (big one on right) on a vapexhale since the OG Cloud first released. I even had an OG cloud back in the day but couldn't get the OG hydratube. This hydratube with a rolled opening on top like a straight beaker is my holy grail. I've posted here as well as searched the bottom of the internet trying to find one with an 18mm opening for use on my evo, with no luck.

Well, Yingmin5 Store decided to produce one, and my heart nearly stopped when I saw it. It, and the hydratube base bubbler (left) arrived a week ago and it's everything I ever dreamed it could be. It's also MASSIVE. Like, twice as big as I expected and really heavy with thick glass.

I use it dry, and find the matrix plus all the glass does a great job off cooling vapor. The EVO really shines with this volumnous piece, whitewalling near instantly. I tap out before the EVO, and can clear half an ELB in a single rip. Seriously, I can pull as hard as I can on this due to the wide mouth and setup, and the EVO only generates more vapor.

It goes without saying that I'm over the moon for the EVO, and it has a permanent place in my rotation. There is something about the vapor signature that just feels good and complete and way stronger than I expect each time.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer

It goes without saying that I'm over the moon for the EVO, and it has a permanent place in my rotation. There is something about the vapor signature that just feels good and complete and way stronger than I expect each time.

I always keep my VapeXhale EVO nearby even if I don't use it every month, I always come back to it and have the same experience. Something about it is just unparalleled, although ball-vapes come closer the external heating element is always a drawback for me!

I have been using mine the last couple years almost exclusively via whip though, seeing that piece... I need to get some Hydratubes again! (Sadly an accident killed my honeycomb).

TicTac33

Hey folks - have had no luck getting replacement steel baskets for this unit. Does anyone have any they are selling or can point me in the right direction? Inquiring from Toronto Canada!

Also would be curious, if (sadly; when) my EVO finally bites the dust, what is a comparable desktop unit with water filtration that you fine folks would recommend?

Cheers
Tic

TicTac33,

.brew

I still haven't found the same design principles in another vape so best suggestion is to contact the member here to have it repaired.

.brew,

TicTac33

I still haven't found the same design principles in another vape so best suggestion is to contact the member here to have it repaired.
Here's to hoping it keeps chugging along. Had it about 5-6 years now and its going strong - just need some new baskets - can anyone help with that?!

Too bad there are no other glass path/water filtered vapes - surprised though. Seibo is now consulting on vape manufacturing, it seems.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Here's to hoping it keeps chugging along. Had it about 5-6 years now and its going strong - just need some new baskets - can anyone help with that?!

Too bad there are no other glass path/water filtered vapes - surprised though. Seibo is now consulting on vape manufacturing, it seems.
I can't find it at the moment but a few pages back there were 3-5 sites posted that when I checked a few weeks ago all had baskets.

IIRC Canada might have The Herbal Cafe with stock in some baskets. Last year I bought the last of their baskets (sorry guys) but if I'm not mistaken that was posted and they had some back in stock.

Vapefiend may also have some, but yeah if neither of these work out definitely check a few pages back in the thread I saw some links I just can't find em at them moment

.brew

I sent you a message privately a couple hours ago.

.brew,
Reactions: TicTac33

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hey folks - have had no luck getting replacement steel baskets for this unit. Does anyone have any they are selling or can point me in the right direction? Inquiring from Toronto Canada!

Also would be curious, if (sadly; when) my EVO finally bites the dust, what is a comparable desktop unit with water filtration that you fine folks would recommend?

Cheers
Tic
@Sohigha has them. She's our VXH Savior

TicTac33

Great community - thanks everyone for helping out, hopefully between two members i have reach out to I will be able to secure some...

Onto my other question - has anyone found any comparable units that have water filtration which delivery the big clouds we have come to love from our beloved Vapexhales?!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Onto my other question - has anyone found any comparable units that have water filtration which delivery the big clouds we have come to love from our beloved Vapexhales?!
Discussed here and a couple of other places:

Grass Yes,
Reactions: CANtalk

.brew

Discussed here and a couple of other places:
Every time I look through that thread I come away thinking there is no alternative.

I'm also looking for the ez load baskets! Just got the Evo but with only 2 baskets unfortunately.
I'm in the EU though.

I've found this offer, worth a try? Seems quite expensive for b-stock. https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/vapexhale-herb-baskets-4-pack
That looks expensive to me! I sent you a private message.

MinnBobber

You may want to look at the MiniVAP.
Years ago, I briefly had evo and MiniVAP.

I much preferred the MV loading system and ease of use. The MV flavor was at least as good and true as the Evo.

The Evo is most definitely a top tier vape.

The mV never gets hot to the touch, is a top tier desktop AND portable, it has longest battery life in the biz, .
And easy for hydratube use or inverted on bubbler .

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
High folks! If you’re like me, the EVO is a daily driver and you’ve felt angst ever since it was discontinued. For me, I see no exact replacement that will offer me the same experience. A few solid alternatives but no 1:1 option. Tip for you to take or leave if you share my angst:

While I can’t fathom a better desktop vaping experience for flower, turns out some people just aren’t into the EVO. I regularly search for alternatives in case mine ever dies. And in a recent search I found an EVO for sale on Craigslist. To boot it was just a few miles away from me.

Yesterday I met the person for pickup. I now have a backup in excellent condition. Was barely used. Came with the original packaging and glass. Color me stoked. Angst-level now back to zero.

With this glorious find, I now have 3 fully functional Clouds: My original “ticker” model, my current EVO, and my new (to me) EVO backup.

The “ticker” only comes out every now and then for nostalgia purposes. Can’t believe that was 10 years ago—quite a long time in Vaporizer years.

Anyway, cheers to you all. And happy vaping! :wave:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
High folks! If you’re like me, the EVO is a daily driver and you’ve felt angst ever since it was discontinued. For me, I see no exact replacement that will offer me the same experience. A few solid alternatives but no 1:1 option. Tip for you to take or leave if you share my angst:

While I can’t fathom a better desktop vaping experience for flower, turns out some people just aren’t into the EVO. I regularly search for alternatives in case mine ever dies. And in a recent search I found an EVO for sale on Craigslist. To boot it was just a few miles away from me.

Yesterday I met the person for pickup. I now have a backup in excellent condition. Was barely used. Came with the original packaging and glass. Color me stoked. Angst-level now back to zero.

With this glorious find, I now have 3 fully functional Clouds: My original “ticker” model, my current EVO, and my new (to me) EVO backup.

The “ticker” only comes out every now and then for nostalgia purposes. Can’t believe that was 10 years ago—quite a long time in Vaporizer years.

Anyway, cheers to you all. And happy vaping! :wave:
Ahhh man you just made me pull mine back out tonight!! Heck yea!:rockon:

Top Bottom