VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

swieder711

I checked my Hot Shot and found that I doesn't have an extra spacer. So, I removed the extra spaces from the Brute. I will test out the Brute this evening. Maybe with the battery swap and removed spacer, the Brute will perform like the Hot Shot.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey, follow FCers.
Some good news to make it easier for folks to purchase my goods. I finally bit the bullet and set up a webpage which I will start taking different forms of payment. This will further streamline my operation by making some of the processes more automated. I'm new to putting this web stuff together but think it's operational and I'm sure there will be some hiccups so please bear with any problems.
The first thing I had to alter, which I could not find where to change, is the currency. So now my prices are in Canadian dollars and will appear higher but when converted are the same as my previous pricing. Although, now I will be burdening the costs of the fees by using Square.
So please feel free to check it out:

Hopefully, any transition problems are minimal.
I'll be adding this link to my signature as well. :D

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
That part you see is what the magnet is supposed to be sticking to. It's a metal disc so there is no glue needed. Check the cap or anything else that is magnetic friendlier than the disc and might have touched it. :cool:

swieder711

While my Brute is waiting for a replacement magnet (thanks @Pipes), I am using my Hot Shot as backup.

Often the Hot Shot gets into a weird state where it will not turn on even though the battery is fully charged. I have to plug the Hot Shot into the charger temporarily to get it working again. Seems like the HS is getting into some weird sleep state.

Has anyone seen this behavior before with a Hot Shot?

swieder711,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You should receive the magnets shortly.
This sounds like the BMS is kicking in on the HS. It kicks in if either too much current is been drawn (10 amp) or if it detects too much voltage difference between cells in the battery. Once it goes into protection, it needs to see the charger to reset.
Try and leave it on charge overnight and cycle it right down. If it's a cell imbalance, this should help.
Or switch it with the Brute's battery for a couple of charge cycles. :science:

swieder711

You should receive the magnets shortly.
This sounds like the BMS is kicking in on the HS. It kicks in if either too much current is been drawn (10 amp) or if it detects too much voltage difference between cells in the battery. Once it goes into protection, it needs to see the charger to reset.
Try and leave it on charge overnight and cycle it right down. If it's a cell imbalance, this should help.
Or switch it with the Brute's battery for a couple of charge cycles. :science:
It looks like my BMS has died. I charged the HS overnight. Today when I insert a Dynavap the LED comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. This behavior happens with the HS plugged in or unplugged.

swieder711,
Hey everyone. Hotshot owner here. Haven’t used it in a while and when I go to charge it I don’t feel any warmth off the unit and no light comes up when I put my vap cap in. I’ve taken it out of its casing to inspect it but there’s nothing I can tell from it. I’m going to leave it to charge overnight and check again tomorrow. Hopefully there’s some troubleshooting anyone can help me with!

easybake_evan,

Aalberti13

Hey, follow FCers.
Some good news to make it easier for folks to purchase my goods. I finally bit the bullet and set up a webpage which I will start taking different forms of payment. This will further streamline my operation by making some of the processes more automated. I'm new to putting this web stuff together but think it's operational and I'm sure there will be some hiccups so please bear with any problems.
The first thing I had to alter, which I could not find where to change, is the currency. So now my prices are in Canadian dollars and will appear higher but when converted are the same as my previous pricing. Although, now I will be burdening the costs of the fees by using Square.
So please feel free to check it out:

Hopefully, any transition problems are minimal.
I'll be adding this link to my signature as well. :D

Congrats on the new webstore!

Is there a current wait list for the Hotshot?

Aalberti13

There are HSs in stock. :tup:

Awesome! I just placed my order!

I sent my Flux Deluxe in for a repair/upgrade and quickly realized I need an additional/back up device.

I just found out I'm heading out of town next weekend so I'm really hoping it somehow shows up this week, but that's probably optimistic thinking, considering it's coming across the border. Either way, I'm excited to finally try out one of your devices!

Last edited:

Aalberti13

Shoutout to @Pipes for getting my order in the mail so quickly! I received a shipping notification yesterday saying that a label had been created and this morning I checked the tracking number and it looks like it will be delivered on Friday!

Thanks again!

A little update on this.. After I made my last post about my Hotshot being delivered this Friday I realized that I apparently do not know how to read.. The expected delivery date was actually Friday, April 1.. That's next Friday! Not tomorrow.... Oh well, I'll have to use my lighter on my trip out of town this weekend.

I just checked it again this morning when I first woke up and it had already arrived at my local post office with a new delivery date of Monday, 3/28.. Better! but I still wont have it in time...

I then checked it again when I got to work and it says it is out for delivery for today! SWEET!

Just wanted to share my rollercoaster of emotions these past few days have been. Thanks again @Pipes, cant wait to get home and play with my new toy! (after fully charging it of course)

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guys. 420 is just around the corner. I will be offering the Brute with a 20% discount from Apr 13th - 20th. Just use code BRUTE420 at checkout. :tup:
H3bQ4yw68bZNwLBcHjhC5BZCbnN2aHrW4nd0ABNbHKFAo3o8yKRKNVvZUipDtlR70Q8q0rqpj7ldh8mXcO-w-Hn45LQ9IFX6b3NEvu9nVuvm4Ie1ncGLVnwgwY6WDW3fNo3XCtY
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

swieder711

My Brute works great with my Omni/Ti tip. I get clouds on the 1st hit.

With my 2020 M, the Brute doesn't heat it as well. No clouds until the 3 hit.

swieder711,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Last call for the 420 sale. It's been a busy week!
Working Home Office GIF by SWR3

Hey guys. 420 is just around the corner. I will be offering the Brute with a 20% discount from Apr 13th - 20th. Just use code BRUTE420 at checkout. :tup:
H3bQ4yw68bZNwLBcHjhC5BZCbnN2aHrW4nd0ABNbHKFAo3o8yKRKNVvZUipDtlR70Q8q0rqpj7ldh8mXcO-w-Hn45LQ9IFX6b3NEvu9nVuvm4Ie1ncGLVnwgwY6WDW3fNo3XCtY
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Pipes,
  • Love
Reactions: TommyDee
Top Bottom